The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you plan on purchasing Motifs from the Crown Store?

• Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    pppontus wrote: »
    ... spend 26/7 in game ...
    Ahhh, the possibilities :trollface:
    Edited by Keron on April 14, 2015 11:57AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I enjoy the .... struggle/ process (whatever) of finding them in-game. I am glad to see them in the crown store, I think a lot of folks don't like not being able to "have" them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I won't be buying them at all. The current price point places the target consumers as whales and crazy people. I'm not a whale and I'm not crazy.
  • MuseTheDrunkenDragon
    No.
    I already have them all
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I plan on buying both rare and common motifs.
    Crap I pressed the wrong choice, anyway I'm getting the rare one, still need the imperial and the primal for the achievement. I didnt get the imperial when they were still cheaper because I bought the imperial edition and I could change what I made. Now I regret that.

So yes I will buy the rare one to get that done. Hope i can sell the ones I dont need, or they go to my new alt.
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but only rare motifs.
    Eventually yes....

I probably would have impulse bought more had I not had a 24 hour cooling off period waiting for EU to get the patch, but I appreciate the efforts of the US patch testers for us Europeans :wink: . I already bought a six month sub at B2P launch and 5000 crowns too.

But in the cold light of the next day and over £20 for one rare motif, ummm, no. if it was £10 for a rare motif, then yes would be the answer. I don't get much time to play because of earning money at work (so I will never have the 200k+ gold people say is so easy to get), so I'd happily splash some of my real world £'s on the rare stuff if it was more reasonably priced.

But the price point is too high for the investment/reward and so I'll just go without for now and wait on my guilds to get some cheap stock.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely, I want Daedric and barbaric and the tiger so I just bought the coins for it. I have been wanting the daedric heavy and the barbaric light for a long time and I refuse to pay as much in game gold as people want for them. I don't sub to ESO, so I'll help them out in other ways.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ***. No.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    If a motif is $50.00 (which is insane imo) how freaking much are they going to try to gouge for a new map? THAT is what I keep thinking
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, rare motifs pack here I come! For a price of takeaway for 2? Just take my money already, guildes are gonna be happy tonight :)
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    If a motif is $50.00 (which is insane imo) how freaking much are they going to try to gouge for a new map? THAT is what I keep thinking

To put part of that $50/5000 crowns into perspective, the Dwemer all-in-one consists of 14 separate motifs and is, by their own admission, the rarest item in the game. Compared to the Imperial motif, the Dwemer one is a steal. On top of that, you get to use it at Rank 1 in any of woodworking, clothing, or blacksmithing. The ones you find in the game require the full Rank 9 (9 points into the first passive) on at least one of them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A 5500 crown pack is only 39.99. Where do you get the 50.00?

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™5500 Crown Pack
    5500crowns

$39.99
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

5500crowns

$39.99

okay 40.00, still insane (I haven't bought crowns still subbed atm)

It still begs the question, how much will a single map cost?
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Not a chance.

First, common ones are dirt cheap in-game, sold by others.

Second, the most expensive ones (primal, imperial, dwemer, etc.) can be bought for roughly 20k gold.

NOW... if you play PvE normally, you can get 10k gold a day, EASY. Just by looting and selling your junk. Pick up some swords laying around, sell those, and you'd get even more.
    IF you actually grind (steal/loot/fence, kill lower level mobs and sell the loot, work the guild stores, farm valuables, whatever), you get 10k per HOUR.

That *** is, what, 5000 crowns?? LOL

I guess I don't know about the demography of ESO players, but personally, I'm not spending $40-$60 just to make my virtual character LOOKS good/different.....

PS: NO, I don't think it'll be the end of ESO. It's just COSMETIC, people. I'm just saying it won't sell, and some people might get pissy about it, but this is NOT GAME BREAKING. It's FINE they want to do this, but I'm personally won't be buying it. That's all.
    Edited by Davadin on April 14, 2015 1:14PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Like I said in another post

"i wouldnt worry about dlc's. those will be priced so everyone can purchase, it wouldnt be a prohibitive cost.

Remember when they price something in the crown store they need to be
    a)something people are willing to spend on
    b)priced to both sell and eat up stockpiled crowns.

If the stockpile of crowns subs have doesnt go down then new purchases of crowns won't happen. I am fully expecting a few more items like this before xp boosts drop in order to drain the stockpile of crowns on peoples account. And when you look at it that way everything that just came out, the prices make alot of sense. Trust me when I say this ZoS does not want you to spend stockpiled crowns on dlc's, they want you to burn through them, buy more, then purchase (same for xp pots)."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

5500crowns

$39.99

Honestly, Crowns should be the same price no matter the quantity. I have no idea what they were thinking. Crowns are virtual currency. In US Dollars, $1 = 100 Crowns, any quantity.

What they have is like going to a bank and asking for $50 in exchange for Pesos and expecting a volume discount.

Edit: Oops. got excited with the 0's
    Edited by Elsonso on April 14, 2015 1:31PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the results of this poll would have been different had the voting been anonymous.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • vkayne_ESO
    vkayne_ESO
    ✭✭
    Skewed poll. You forgot the voting option of "what I buy on the crown store is none of your damn business".
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Honestly, Crowns should be the same price no matter the quantity. I have no idea what they were thinking. Crowns are virtual currency. In US Dollars, $1 = 100 Crowns, any quantity.

What they have is like going to a bank and asking for $50 in exchange for Pesos and expecting a volume discount.

Edit: Oops. got excited with the 0's
    You may not realize this, but in real life when you're exchanging currencies you get a discount for volume. The way it works is that there's a spread between the rate at which a bank (or dedicated currency exchange company, or whatever) will sell a currency, and the rate at which they will buy it. That spread is where they cover their costs and make money.

Say someone is buying US dollars with Euros. The rate that they see on the news that day is 1.07, so they expect that if they go into their bank with 100 Euros, they will get 107 US dollars for it. They won't. That rate is essentially the average of the rates at which US dollars are being bought with Euros, and the rates at which Euros are being bought with US dollars on the currency markets.

The guy who walks into his bank with 100 Euros to buy US dollars may get 102 US dollars with it (an exchange rate of 1.02) instead of the 107 he expected (I'm making these numbers up, by the way).

Now if he comes in to his bank with 100,000 Euros to buy US dollars, his bank is going to give him a better exchange rate. Because of the volume, they can still make a profit off the transaction even if they have a smaller spread. So rather than getting an exchange rate of 1.02 like the guy who brought in 100 Euros, he may end up with an exchange rate of 1.05, giving him 105,000 US dollars for his Euros.

Now, no matter how much he brings in to exchange, he's never going to get a better rate than the lowest rate his bank can buy that currency for, so he's still never going to get the 1.07 that he sees on the news, because then the bank would basically be paying him to do his transaction, rather than the other way around.

So actually, having crowns cost less when bought in bulk is just like real currencies.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I don't understand why people get so defensive about their positions regarding this matter. No where in the poll description did it say that voting no meant that you were against motifs being sold in the crown shop or other people buying them with crown. That's why I asked people to share the reason they behind their vote and overall I think this thread has been fairly informative.

Seems like a large portion of people who voted no, did so because they thought the crown store motifs were too expensive.
    A lot of people who voted yes seem to feel that motifs in game are too expensive and too much work to farm.

Since about 80% say they don't intend on buying motifs from the crown shop, I thing it's safe to say prices won't change so drastically as to make the motifs worthless.

For the record, if they offered new motifs, unique to the crown shop, that I thought were cool enough, I'd consider buying them. I won't however pay the price they're asking, for motifs that I can easily get in game.
    Edited by Ley on April 14, 2015 8:34PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had 11k crowns from being subed + what i got let so i bought dwemer and all the rares. other then that i dont see a point in buying commons.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Ley wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get so defensive about their positions regarding this matter. No where in the poll description did it say that voting no meant that you were against motifs being sold in the crown shop or other people buying them with crown. That's why I asked people to share the reason they behind their vote and overall I think this thread has been fairly informative.
    It's because people rush to make assumptions and judgement about people who voted a different way. Your poll question was simple, and concise, with no biased options. And yet people still somehow managed to project their own preconceived notions onto it.

I'm not going to buy the Crown Store motifs. That doesn't mean I'm against having the motifs in the Crown Store. It just means I'm not personally going to buy them. I mean, I'm also not personally going to buy the wedding dress that's in the Crown Store, does that mean that I'm anti-wedding dress?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I'm anti-wedding dress
    What's you're problem with them?! I'm gonna buy a wedding dress and equip it on all my characters because you clearly stated that you think they're p2w!

This is how I feel some of the conversations go on the forums. :D
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    considering they cant even keep cyrodil up and running, when they are making MORE money then ever..... no not spending anything unless they make some gated content that actually works (imp city lookin at you).that i really think would be fun ill pay for that.
    dont forget last live how they claimed its not done and how they are fine tuning and polishing so they can "get it right". good luck delivering on those statments.
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    My honest answer is, maybe. I'm still working on my crafting and there are a lot of motifs I don't have yet (deadra, primal, imperial, dwemer). I'm not really in a huge rush to get them. If I can't find them, I will more likely buy them from a guild vendor. However, my 6 month sub renews soon, and I will have a lot of crowns and not a lot of stuff I want to buy with them. I might, MIGHT consider getting the dwemer motif from the store. More likely I will buy it in game, but I won't rule out the possibility.

• Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    This price is a joke.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nope I have not spent a crown one yet, nothing in the store that interests me at this time.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already have.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Ley wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I'm anti-wedding dress
    What's you're problem with them?! I'm gonna buy a wedding dress and equip it on all my characters because you clearly stated that you think they're p2w!

This is how I feel some of the conversations go on the forums. :D
    Oh man, it's so true... :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)