The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you plan on purchasing Motifs from the Crown Store?

Ley
Ley
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll try to make this simple and non biased.
Question as in the title, do you plan on ever purchasing motifs from the crown store?
It would be helpful to know why you voted as you did.
Edited by Ley on April 13, 2015 7:37PM
Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade

Do you plan on purchasing Motifs from the Crown Store? 508 votes

Yes, I plan on buying both rare and common motifs.
5%
ZazaajiTD5160_ESOSylveria_ReldenNivzruo_ESOSiliconhobbit_ESOThymosLawfulEvilNewBlacksmurfDysturbedShadesofkinAmsel_McKayGuzzofromtesonlineb16_ESOliammozzb16_ESOPotenzavyndral13preub18_ESOKhaldarZargoriusdfwmikey74BrassRazoo 29 votes
Yes, but only rare motifs.
14%
KaynlorDanarielSmiteyeebo_bootsniffer_ESOEtharianYolokin_SwagonbornKelletonErock25GreevirMercyKillingDrazekmagus_db14_ESOSer LoboPoisonedPaintLeijonablaxxmail2b16_ESOxapher19AlienSlofeserras7b16_ESOSiguno 75 votes
Yes, but only common motifs.
0%
MettaricanaSolarscroll 2 votes
No.
79%
IcyDeadPeopleNestordaisy.spit_ESOYsne58kewlArgoniawindElloaEQBallzzDaenerysDotgovMataataSorianaRavaloxEJRose83KikazaruNaivefanboidodgehopper_ESOlordxyrax_ESOkevlarto_ESOEarthwardzilvox_ESO 402 votes
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My vote would be for Maybe, if only such a poll option existed.
    Edited by Tabbycat on April 13, 2015 7:40PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    You can view all new Crown Store items and prices in this thread, too: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/164797/crown-store-updates-and-new-items#latest

In case you don't know what I'm talking about.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno, maybe. Depends on drops, which is in the control of the Clown store operators(that makes me nervous).
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Tabbycat wrote: »

I suppose we could discuss the maybe option in the thread. What does your maybe depend on?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I got my Motifs the old school way, finding them or grinding out the gold to buy them from other players who found them. I have no interest in buying them or ever will.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Most people who have crafters, already have all the motifs.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Imperial and Dwemer cost 5000 Crowns, that's like 40 dollars! You'd have to be insane.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Tabbycat wrote: »

I suppose we could discuss the maybe option in the thread. What does your maybe depend on?

How much I want it at the time, how hard a time I have of finding it myself, and whether or not I want to waste crowns on something that can be obtained in game when I could use my crowns to purchase things that are not obtainable in game.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    No, I don't think so. I am actually not sure what I would get from the shop, besides a DLC that I like. I find shops in F2P / Sub based MMO´s pretty much pointless for my needs and those that offer what I need (SWTOR, GW2), I refuse to play due their P2W mechanics.
  • Smiteye
    Smiteye
    ✭✭✭
    If I keep playing with the p2w machine starting I will buy, no question and any other thing they sell. Im not going to gimp myself spending 150,000 gold or more to get the rare motifs so my gear looks good instead of upgrading it all to legendary, Im going to buy the motifs with cash and use the gold to upgrade it. XP pots same thing, Id have to be stupid to gimp myself out by leaving that much power on the table to help me fight in cyrodiil.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    $40 in real life money? That's crazy.

35-55k in pretend "money" that is actually quite easy to obtain? Yes.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I already learned all of the existing motifs on my main crafter and if I want them on an alt I'll get them in game. My "no" for future styles is assuming of course that future motifs will also be available through in game drops or from other players in guild stores.

Actually if they make the new styles only purchase able in the crown store I still would probably say no.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Wayoverpowered
    Wayoverpowered
    Soul Shriven
    Smiteye wrote: »
    If I keep playing with the p2w machine starting I will buy, no question and any other thing they sell. Im not going to gimp myself spending 150,000 gold or more to get the rare motifs so my gear looks good instead of upgrading it all to legendary, Im going to buy the motifs with cash and use the gold to upgrade it. XP pots same thing, Id have to be stupid to gimp myself out by leaving that much power on the table to help me fight in cyrodiil.

Completely this.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Imperial and Dwemer cost 5000 Crowns, that's like 40 dollars! You'd have to be insane.

This is the exact reason why I would never buy them.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, no.

If and when they release other motifs like Yokudan, I might change my mind.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be the first person to say they shouldn't do it, but if they do...I get 1500 crowns a month, no reason not to use them.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No, and I don't plan on buying them in the game either. My characters learn as they loot.
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Lol, 5,000 crowns = $50, for the rare race pack. Could buy those same motifs for 150k gold.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not right now. I'll see how far in this direction the game goes before I buy anything else from the store. IF they're going to throw the baby out with the bathwater like this, I may just end up back over at Archeage. Same deal but more feature-rich game.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It's extremely unlikely.

I've only been playing for 2 months, my highest level character is only level 13, and I've already found many of the common ones. Maybe if at some point in the future there's one I'm really struggling to get and it costs an absurd amount of money I'm for some reason unable to save up in a reasonable amount of time I'll consider it. Until then no.

IMO they're too expensive to be worth buying. But in a way that's good because it will limit their impact on the economy.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't honestly make a declaration one way or the other.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1500 crowns a month, 4 months worth of waiting to get one motif. So I don't see the harm in it.
  • karmamule
    karmamule
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No. A significant part of the fun of ESO for me is finding/receiving rare loot. Turning motifs into a boring Crown Store purchase would take away a major source of enjoyment in terms of being happily surprised by the discovery of a rare item.

• Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nope. I prefer to earn my fashion style and complete my racial mastery achievements by actually playing the game.

| GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It's extremely unlikely.

I've only been playing for 2 months, my highest level character is only level 13, and I've already found many of the common ones. Maybe if at some point in the future there's one I'm really struggling to get and it costs an absurd amount of money I'm for some reason unable to save up in a reasonable amount of time I'll consider it. Until then no.

IMO they're too expensive to be worth buying. But in a way that's good because it will limit their impact on the economy.

Looks like the RNG gods hate me on this game too. VR1 and haven't looted a single one. Excuse me while I go sacrifice a goat to the RNG gods.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Not a chance. Gold comes so easily in ESO that any motifs I want to buy will be bought in-game with gold. I see absolutely no reason to spend actual money on them.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I bought a cat and an assassin's costume. I already spent too much. Gotta save for those XP potions.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Buying this and support their cheap bs? Hell no.. The store goes more and more in the wrong direction...
    I am not going to support em with that bullcrap. And neither should you. Or we get more and more of this later. Now motifs, then yellow crafting boosters, then gearsets etc etc. We should say no right when it starts to develop in this bad bad way.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on April 13, 2015 8:21PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Buying this and support their cheap bs? Hell no.. The store goes more and more in the wrong direction...
    I am not going to support em with that bullcrap. And neither should you. Or we get more and more of this later. Now motifs, that crafting boosters, that gearsets etc etc. We should say no right when it starts to develop.

Come on, ZOS needs the money to pay its shareholders and future games new content! :*
    Wololo.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not going to support em with that bullcrap. And neither should you. Or we get more and more of this later. Now motifs, then yellow crafting boosters, then gearsets etc etc. We should say no right when it starts to develop in this bad bad way.

Totally agree.

Unfortunately there is a section of the player base who want this crap, which is why devs keep switching games to F2P. Those players who clearly don't give a toss about the consequences of waving their plastic at stuff like this.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges