The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do you plan on purchasing Motifs from the Crown Store?

• Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I voted no. I also don't like the trend I'm seeing that everything and anything seems to be coming available in the Crown Store. I bought into the promise that this would be a subscription game and crap like this was against their values. Now it seems like anything goes. There is a reason I subscribed, and now it seems like all that is going down the freaking drain.
    Edited by Zathras on April 13, 2015 8:25PM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I bought a wedding dress, so now I don't need motifs. ;)
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but only rare motifs.
    I've found a single rare motif in the past year.

I loot everything to keep my provisioner well stocked, and play 3 characters.

Hate it all you want. Here's my money. Thank you.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I'd rather just pay gold - I've had no problems making money in this game.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I plan on buying both rare and common motifs.
    Actually there's none I need but if there were I would .. simply because the guild-based economy so beloved of the price-gougers makes it impossible to find the best deal without spending hours running around the world.

I refuse to do that, so in the absence of an AH I'll use my 'free' Crowns from my previous sub. to buy stuff and laugh at all the price-gougers still screaming against an AH in order to try to sustain their price-gouging habits as their nett worth plummets.

LOL at all self-righteous NOs, no doubt many of you are the kind of player I just commented on.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 13, 2015 8:31PM
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I plan on buying both rare and common motifs.
    Actually there's none I need but if there were I would .. simply because the guild-based economy so beloved of the price-gougers makes it impossible to find the best deal without spending hours running around the world.

I refuse to do that, so in the absence of an AH I'll use my 'free' Crowns from my previous sub. to buy stuff and laugh at all the price-gougers still screaming against an AH in order to try to sustain their price-gouging habits as their nett worth plummets.

LOL at all self-righteous NOs, no doubt many of you are the kind of player I just commented on.

You said what I was thinking
    Edited by liammozzb16_ESO on April 13, 2015 8:36PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only rare motifs.
    Inb4 existing drops of these items get fewer and fewer.

ZOS should publish drop rates and include it in patch notes when they change. Sunlight is the best of disinfectants.
  • Scotia
    Scotia
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if the store is working how they want it, hence the new items. Zen if you want players back add content via expacs. That gets new players not items. You run out of players you have less buying your items. I think Zen is approaching it backwards.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.

It's not being self righteous. We dont want this game to just become another credit card hero crap game..
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I prefer the hunt...

P.S.: The Dwemer motifs in the store are better than the ones that can be collected, so I would not blame anyone for buying them instead of hunting for them.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 13, 2015 8:39PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No, because the price for them (rare ones) is totally out of sync with sanity.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Smiteye wrote: »
    If I keep playing with the p2w machine starting I will buy, no question and any other thing they sell. Im not going to gimp myself spending 150,000 gold or more to get the rare motifs so my gear looks good instead of upgrading it all to legendary, Im going to buy the motifs with cash and use the gold to upgrade it. XP pots same thing, Id have to be stupid to gimp myself out by leaving that much power on the table to help me fight in cyrodiil.

Completely this.

This is too funny. Motifs have zero impact on fighting ability. It's all about vanity. Keep that in mind when you drop real money on looks.

I already have every motif on my crafter, so will NOT be buying any. Rather, I have quite a stash banked that I sell. I really don't see the logic of spending dollars in the Crown $tore, when it is so easy to make gold in game, and use that to buy from other players if you can't wait until you find your own. Notice that last part. I bought many motifs, but over the last year, I've found every one in game, usually more than once, including all but Imperial. That one is elusive.

edit: One more point. Motifs are only good for CRAFTED items. Most players are going for end game gear, none of which is crafted. It you don't plan to make crafted sets in end game, spending real money is a waste.
    Edited by Ourorboros on April 13, 2015 8:47PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No, I have them all already. I would consider buying new ones from the crown store if I like the style :)
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah count me in the "maybe" if an option existed as well. For now, I want to reserve the crowns for stuff I wouldn't be able to get in game. I'll continue to look for the motifs in game. But a time may come where if I just need the last one, and I've had a hard time finding it, I may just plop down the crowns and be done with it.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Voted with the hope that it has even a smidgen of influence on the future of the Crown Store.

I really don't like the idea of in-game items being sold for real-world cash. Please keep the two separate.

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    *Mission Statement*

I refuse to purchase anything in the Crown Store that is already part of the game; whether that's as a rare drop, reward, tied to an achievement, and/or negatively affects the game economy.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is bullshart, I hunted high and low or scrounged gold like many others for my motifs.
    Meh...**** it..
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Got 'em.

This feels wrong to me for the reasons others have noted. It's not as if they're taking gold away from players as all the motifs are readily available for reasonable in-game gold sums.

It does feel, as others have noted, a bit predatory: aimed at new players who don't know any better yet, like the crafting packs in the Lord of the Rings Online cash shop
    Edited by bellanca6561n on April 13, 2015 9:01PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I'm pretty please with the poll results. Makes me feel fairly confident that prices won't be affected by very much.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

The question wasn't 'do you think people should' it was 'will you'?

Like many others I have them all, so no. Where's the self-righteousness there?
    Edited by stabbykitteh on April 13, 2015 9:22PM
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I only need the Cadwell's Gold motifs so, I'll just keep hunting.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Not a chance in hell.
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    If people are honestly stupid enough. Let them. They should have their money taken from them heh.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nope and let's hope they don't reduce the motifs drop rates to run their shop
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

The question wasn't 'do you think people should' it was 'will you'?

Like many others, I have them all, so no. Where's the self-righteousness there?

You make an excellent point of course.

I'd call it something other than self righteousness though.

In online games many people see themselves as community members as much as they do as game players. Thus, lots of questions don't feel as if they can be answered for just yourself alone.

• AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I also feel this kind of thing eliminates any fun from the game.
    Finding a motif is an exciting thing! Or it was for me when I first found one, being able to just buy one instantly is not, in any way.
    The purpose of a video game is to have fun, if we are not having fun, why are we playing?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I already have all motifs. Also, I don't plan on spending any money at all in the crown store with the exception of DLC purchases.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    As long as I can still find it in the game I will not buy it.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ZigoSid wrote: »

You know if they do not reach their sales targets, then the drop rate is going to be nerfed.

Just wondering what to do with the motifs I still have. Dump them, hold them, destroy them?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    ZigoSid wrote: »

At least for me, it seems as though they have already done just that. I have not seen a blue motif since before 2.0
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn