Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESOTU Console Launch - Known Issues

• welren
    welren
    Soul Shriven
    Im playing a lottery to log into a game I paid 70 dollars for.
  • klaybomber
    klaybomber
    Soul Shriven
    I've been running into allot of error codes but mainly error 318 but I haven't sent any messages
  • Thanatos510
    Thanatos510
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not able to do the main quest with a new character on PS4. I thought it might be cause I skipped the tutorial so I tried again and did it but The Harborage quest still didn't trigger. Was able to do it with the first character I made but no others.
  • Zsteelo
    Zsteelo
    game keeps crashing when trying to load into new areas
  • kaiwook
    kaiwook
    Soul Shriven
    As I play the game it keeps sending me to the xbox home screen. I can only play it about 10 mins then it happenes. Is this happening to any one else plus how can I fix it ?
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not able to do the main quest with a new character on PS4. I thought it might be cause I skipped the tutorial so I tried again and did it but The Harborage quest still didn't trigger. Was able to do it with the first character I made but no others.

This bug was fixed on the PC version months ago. Strange that they didn't also apply the fix to the console version.
  • kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    Hi

I received my transfer code and downloaded around 7PM UK time.

After choosing server I received an update message, by 10PM it was at 5% but by 7AM this morning it was still at 5%

Is there a known issue or is it really taking this long to download?

I don't believe it's an internet speed issue as I have never had issues with the PC updates.
  • Meesterchef
    Meesterchef
    Soul Shriven
    I love the ps4 version of ESO and I haven't had any issues so far except for one: The interface of the loading screens / chat windows with NPC's is very sloppy!

The black bars in the chat window overlap and look super ugly compared to the PC version.

And the loading screens seem to be just too small so you can see the area loading at the edge of the screen.

NPC chat example:
    http://postimg.org/image/hz4ukv563/

Character loading screen example:
    http://postimg.org/image/66jzo4x59/

Loading screen example:
    http://postimg.org/image/6vxwji8nl/

Could you just fix these minor interface issues?
    Give those black bars a fade at the edges like on the PC, and stretch the loading screens a little. No big deal right?

This really looks like a beta thing which should have been resolved by now.
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    I never got the Error 318 code (on Xbox One) until I went to Khenarthi's Roost. After that it keeps happening to me.
  • FarmingtheFog
    FarmingtheFog
    Soul Shriven
    XBox 1 Version.
    Yesterday was fine, a few long load times, but nothing chaotic. It did get slower as the day wore on, but was still acceptable. Today was just a mess, although it started out acceptable for the first hour or so. Really slow load times, which were worse than yesterday.Invisible NPCs who made quests unplayable, as you could not interact with them. Invisible assailants would attack and kill. Less and less other player were visible in the game as time went on. When I switched to another character I was stuck in place unable to move. I could still access the menu though.

A full console reboot seems to have set me back on track. I had already started this reply, though and thought you should know some of the issues that occured
  • Ywain_The_Bastard
    I have an Issue regarding friends online. My ps4 friends list have 8 players playing teso but in game i only found 4 in my friends list. Is it a transfer files from pc to ps4 issue? Even if I try to add them from friend list in game i have a message that I already have this friend. But they don't show up on my list. Bit annoying bcz the main reason I play this game is for his social aspect . Any comeback will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • OneLilOrphan
    OneLilOrphan
    Soul Shriven
    I am having trouble getting Rurelion to spawn on the quest "tears of the two moons". It's there any quick fix for that???
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit and restart the game. Possibly reboot your console. This seems to fix the problem for some people, at least temporarily.
  • sm0knbarrels012
    How aboit empty friends list and not being able to join find or play with friends on the xbox one....onyl reason most ppl got this game was to play with friends am I right...
  • Its_Reflex
    Its_Reflex
    Soul Shriven
    For Xbox One I bought ESO Plus and I have still not received my 1,500 crowns.
  • darkchild
    darkchild
    Soul Shriven
    Is the group finder broken?
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope consoles are ready to deal with bugs for the next year like PC players have for the past year...
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there is a glitch for inner sea armature, when I cleared it and did the mages guild quest for it, it did not count as clear
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Also there is a glitch in the game and I am not able to open a support ticket
  • Jerkowicz
    Jerkowicz
    Soul Shriven
    I love the ps4 version of ESO and I haven't had any issues so far except for one: The interface of the loading screens / chat windows with NPC's is very sloppy!

The black bars in the chat window overlap and look super ugly compared to the PC version.

And the loading screens seem to be just too small so you can see the area loading at the edge of the screen.

Meesterchef, based on my experience, I believe the problem you are encountering is that the screen adjustments have not been set to their appropriate limits for your monitor/TV. If you haven't already, try going into Options, and choosing Adjust Screen under the Video settings. If you push the white limiting corners out to the edges, this should resolve the problem. If not, then I have no idea.

• Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Another problem, the in-game friends list doesn't show any friends so I have to type their name in manually to invite them. Also there are some rubber banding issues and lag. Also after purchasing eso plus I DIDNT get my bonus crowns.
  • bigjohnson54
    bigjohnson54
    Soul Shriven
    I'm done with this I want my money back
  • shizzydoyle
    shizzydoyle
    Soul Shriven
    There is also a problem with drawing weapons. Sometimes I can't draw them so I just have to run or take my beating.
  • B1ackwidow
    B1ackwidow
    Soul Shriven
    go the dread invisible npcs aswell but glad to know its on the upcoming patch to be fixed :dizzy:
  • BambooScramble
    Yes, I'm getting error 318 as well and haven't sent any messages. Also, I get stuck in quest-giving conversations where it will only allow me to say Goodbye instead of accepting. Leaving the area or rebooting the game seems to work for that. Everyone - npc's and players are skipping in and out but I assume that's a server problem. Ok, done for now. Thanks.
  • Sol_131
    Sol_131
    Soul Shriven
    I can't start the game. I insert the disk and install the data along with the patch then try to boot. It then gives me a message that says the game data is corrupt and I have to delete then reinstall. I did this four times and reloaded the database.
  • darkchild
    darkchild
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on ps4 and group finder for dungeons is broke
  • elegokid
    elegokid
    Soul Shriven
    Cant log into the game on the Xbox one. Is this a known issue that you will fix
  • jessicaslack12
    Ok, so I played the console beta. my psn is still linked to that and will not let me create an account. I was on hld for 4 hours just to be told they could not help me.
  • dudenamedchris
    It kicks me out after about 20 minutes and the game crashes- either leaving me on a stuck screen with a loud noise (mostly just background music most of the time) or sending me directly to Xbox one home. Please let me know zenimax if this is a personal problem where I can fix, or if it's something else?
    I should also mention that my internet access is great for Xbox live.

I should also mention that login times or extremely unpleasant, as it takes about 10 minutes to get to my character selection screen. I've tried emailing customer support however the responses seems to only be generic problem solvers like "turn your Xbox off and back on" or do a "switch to the EU server then back to the NA server" (I am playing on the NA server)