The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[SPOILERS] Quest choices, full list, all factions

• Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Select the star beside the name of the theme to follow.
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Imperial Infiltration
    Zone: Bangkorai
    Options:
    1. You're right. We'll lock you up. [Let the Duke Live]
    2. Sorry. The penalty for treason is death. [Kill the Duke]
    3. It's up to you, Your Majesty. [Let Queen Arzhela Decide]
    1. Duke Renchant is arrested. Queen Arzhela says that you're right to let the Duke live, though she still wants him dead.
    2. ???
    3. ???
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Claim to Fame
    Options:
    1. It's Clan Morkul.
    2. It's Clan Agluk.
    1. ???
    2. Maaga the historian is surprised, saying "They're all but extinct." and "This may be just the thing to bring them back." But he doesn't seem to care one way or the other.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    participating
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Crazyworm
    Crazyworm
    Soul Shriven
    Sylenne wrote: »
    Options:
    1. Duke Renchant is arrested. Queen Arzhela says that you're right to let the Duke live, though she still wants him dead.
    2. ???
    3.The Queen kills the Duke herself and is glad that the matter has been dealt with.

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest: The Real Snake
    Zone: Alik'r Desert
    Options:
    1. No. You must face justice.
    2. Go. And never come back.
    1. You must lead Fadeel to Constable Ebarah. She mentions there have been several people missing lately, but she naturally suspected harpies. Fadeel comments that whatever the constable does to him will be better than being eaten by a snake.
    2. Fadeel is very grateful, and promises to never help feed man-eating snakes again. He runs off, leaving a last letter from Mirudda demanding "fresh meat" for her snake.

Added option 1 results.
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Freedom's Chains
    Options:
    1. Help Renoit break the spell and free Draven.
    2. Help Arienne Kerbol save the town from turning.
    1. You end up killing Arienne in werewolf form, and presumably other townsfolk as well (also in werewolf form), as the town is empty afterwards. Draven turns back into a wolf, but doesn't attack anyone. Renoit is happy, and says that they'll find a way to be together.
    2. ??? (Presumably, based on what Kerbol says, you have to kill Draven to ensure that he doesn't break the spell that keeps everyone from becoming a werewolf.)
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically, as I've gone through the game again and again with eight characters, not one damn choice has a single LONG TERM impact.

To quote an old movie:

"IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!"

Sorry, but the story in ESO is meaningless. Go from point A to point B and kill ***. Pick any dialog option and IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. Just kill *** and then collect your quest reward.

Worse than BioWare...
    Edited by Lord_Kreegan on April 20, 2015 10:37AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Realistically, as I've gone through the game again and again with eight charactersm not one damn choice has a single LONG TERM impact.

To quote an old movie:

Sorry, but the story in ESO is meaningless. Go from point A to point B and kill ***. Pick any dialog option and IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. Just kill *** and then collect your quest reward.

Worse than BioWare...
    Agreed. As long as rewards are not affected, feel free to make the choice that aligns with your morality or mood.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: The Charge of Evermore
    Options:
    1. Medya should stand trial for what she's done.
    2. Medya should die.
    1. You have the chance to change your mind and condemn her to death instead. If you continue to choose a trial, Theo agrees to take her back to Evermore, saying "Whatever her fate, as it comes through my decisions, she deserves to look me in the eyes as it happens."
    2. ??? (Presumably, Squire Theo Rocque kills her.)
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Realistically, as I've gone through the game again and again with eight charactersm not one damn choice has a single LONG TERM impact.

To quote an old movie:

Worse than BioWare...
    Agreed. As long as rewards are not affected, feel free to make the choice that aligns with your morality or mood.

I don't post (or check this chain) because I think there are any long-term consequences - I'm well aware that there aren't, other than a few changes in dialog here and there. That's the nature of most MMORPGs. I'd bet that most others reading these posts know this too.

I post because, as little time as I have to play, it's extremely unlikely I'll run through any zone more than once, and I'm always curious what dialog, etc, you get if you choose the other option. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way, and really, who does it hurt to have a post like this?
  • club_restoration
    Quest: Daughter of Seamount
    Zone: Bethnik
    Options:
    1. Tell Lokra to follow her hearth and leave/ adventure
    2. Tell Lokra to stay and fulfill her duty and stay
    Results:
    1. As stated before, Lokra will be thrilled and reward you. Not sure about long term effects.
    2. I got further in game after choosing this one: When choosing this, immediate effects will be that Lokra is equally happy with this choice and rewards you with something. Surprisingly enough I think she showed up later on (can't remember exactly where, in a later zone anyway - Rivenspire or Alik'r). I thought she was stuck with the tribe, but apparently not...
    Cirwail, level 40 Vampire Bosmer Templar Healer, DC, NA

----

After messing around with sorcerer builds in beta, I returned in May and have been playing as a healer ever since - different races, different factions, different servers.

Now considering looking into less traditional healer builds after I've finished with my current character (finished = getting to a desired high level after trying (and completing) almost everything there is at that time content-wise).
  • Maialun
    Maialun
    ✭✭
    Quest: Lineage of Tooth and Claw
    Context: You have to choose to save Gloria or the Duke

Options:
    Choice 1: Kill Gloria for her blood in hopes you can save the Duke
    Choice 2: Tell Gloria you won't kill her
    1. You save the Duke and he sends you on another quest to "The Glenumbra Moors"
    2. When you get back to town, the Duke looks ill. You have the choice of letting him say goodbye to his family (which results in them getting killed) or capturing him immediately.

Long term Effects: Unknown.
    Edited by Maialun on May 1, 2015 8:53PM
  • Yunga
    Yunga
    Soul Shriven
    Quest: Gone Missing
    Zone: Alik'r Desert
    Options:
    1. No. I'm turning you in.
    2. Yes. I will keep your secret.
    Results:
    1. Sulma accepts your choice, but tells you that The Withered hand is now going to wipe out Bergama.
    2. [???]
  • Linet
    Linet
    Soul Shriven
    Options:
    2. ???
    3. ???

She will kill him while saying that her son and husband died for the country so she wont let a traitor like him live
    Edited by Linet on May 9, 2015 10:28AM
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad part is that what every we choose when we talk to a questgiver wont affect our status to NPC in world around which i think it is sad if it would affect NPC in world our choose when we talk to questgiver i think more people would listen more to what questgiver have to say + it would make for more intressed way to interact with NPC and world.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Yunga
    Yunga
    Soul Shriven
    Quest: Will of the Council
    Zone: Halls of Submission (Fighter's Guild quest)
    Options:
    1. The Guild has spoken: you must die.
    2. Your quest ist just. Let's finish, and go.
    Results:
    1. [???]
    2. Aelif traps Sees-All-Colors in a magic prison and sics Molag Bal's daedric minions on you.

Option #2 leads to another choice later on:

Options:
    1. [Sees-All-Colors stays] She did what she felt she had to. Let her serve the Guild.
    2. [Sees-All-Colors Leaves] You're right, we can't allow a Daedric worshiper so close to the council.

Results:
    1. Countess Hakruba strips Sees-All-Colors of her title as Guildmaster and names her Light of the Guild instead, making her oversee all matters regarding the hunt for Daedric Anchors. Merric becomes the new Guildmaster.
    2. [???]
    Edited by Yunga on May 11, 2015 6:24PM
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    Glad to see someone took up the mantle and ran with it! Thanks much Atarax!

I had every intention of keeping the Daggerfall one going after my sub ran out, but unfortunately at the time no sub meant no forum access. :/

Thanks ShinChuck! And no worries, stuff happens. Hopefully people are finding this thread useful
    maryriv wrote: »
    Why not do all quests they are fun.

Actually, most people are doing all the quests. However, many quests have several options on choices you can make. The purpose of this thread is to document the outcome of choosing the different options
    Realistically, as I've gone through the game again and again with eight characters, not one damn choice has a single LONG TERM impact.

To quote an old movie:

Worse than BioWare...

As has been noted previously, this is not true. Your choices will impact the dialogue of NPCs that show up (or don't show up because they're dead) later. Additionally, some of your choices can affect the type of NPC you see in some areas later, etc. They're subtle differences, but they're there if you look for them.

There is also a quest that, if you choose the "evil" path, will reward you with a skill point, whereas if you choose the "good" path, you get a warm, fuzzy, feeling.

Wolfshead wrote: »
    Sad part is that what every we choose when we talk to a questgiver wont affect our status to NPC in world around which i think it is sad if it would affect NPC in world our choose when we talk to questgiver i think more people would listen more to what questgiver have to say + it would make for more intressed way to interact with NPC and world.

See previous comments.

Sorry for taking so long to update all. RL took over, and my limited free time was directed toward other pursuits. Updating to here.
    Edited by Atarax on May 23, 2015 4:01PM
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • bakkims
    bakkims
    ✭✭
    I noticed there was no information on option 2 for the Will of the Woods quest, where the princess would die, so I chose that path and here are my results.

Quest: Will of the Woods

Option 2: Destroy the bud, ending the Sentinel line and freeing nature, but killing Elara:
    After you make the choice, you go to Wyress Demara where she thanks you for making a tough choice and allowing the forest to grow to its full potential. Unfortunately, the Wyrd don't know what will happen to the forest now, but they look forward to seeing the rite of predator and prey restored. She then gives you the Sentinel's Longbow and a fair amount of gold.

• Snowalker
    Snowalker
    Soul Shriven
    Quest: Blood Upon the Soil
    Options:
    1. I'm listening.
    2. You're Crazy! You Murdered Her Family!
    Results:
    Spoiler:
    1. Rilyn wants you to give Frirhand's ring to Guard Jorald and claim you found it on bandits so that Raerana and Rilyn can run away together. Jorald takes ring and gives Lamellar War Belt and 263 gold. Quest complete.
    2. Rilyan runs to tell Raerana thinking she'll go with him. She panics and tries to run away, you kill Rilyan. Raerana expresses regret that she didn't notice the signs sooner, then says she'll stay with her Aunt & Uncle in Riften.
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest: Into the Temple
    Zone: Shadowfen
    Options:
    1. Allow Drillk to give you the keystone, at the cost of his own life
    2. Say that you'll just deal without the keystone, and Drillk lives
    1. ???
    2. You have another chance to take the second option. If you persist, Drillk sadly says that you should've let him die and join his people. Then he walks around, talking to statues and obviously mad from his years of solitude. When you go back to the original questgiver, Lodyna, she says that she wouldn't want the death on her conscience either, and as far as she's concerned, the keystone is lost in the swamp.
    Edited by Runefell on June 20, 2015 12:00AM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Blue_Warpstar
    Blue_Warpstar
    Soul Shriven
    Atarax wrote: »

Betnikh (4-5)

Quest: Tormented Souls (Thanks ShinChuck)
    Context: After obtaining the ancient orc war horn, the ghost of Warchief Targoth asks you to put it in it's rightful place at his tomb in order to release the spirits of the orcs who are chained to the place.

Options:
    Choice 1: Place the War Horn on Targoth's Tomb.
    Choice 2: Leave with the Horn
    1. Short-term Effect: Targoth thanks you, and the orc spirits can finally rest.
    2. Short-term Effect: Unknown.

Longterm Effects: Unknown.
    2. You leave with the horn.
    Short-term Effect: Once outside you talk to Azlakha, who notices the souls seem less tormented, and she asks you what you did. You reply stating that you've recovered a horn you can use to control the spirits to fight the cult. She replies saying the thought sickens her, but that they may be needed. Then she says she will deliver the horn to Chief Tazgol, and he can decide to use it or not. Same rewards as option #1.

Long-term Effect: Souls continue to wander the ruins, but now they are no longer hostile.
    Edited by Blue_Warpstar on June 28, 2015 9:52PM
  • Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    A few later conversation consequences in Rivenspire quests:
    Quest: A Change of Heart
    Zone: Rivenspire
    If you chose option 1 (Tell Federik to go and Dulkhi to stay.)
    Immediate consequence: Federik tells Arlie he feels compelled to go off and learn how to fight so he can defend her, but promises to eventually return. Dulkhi is excited to have a chance with Arlie, and Arlie decides she's not willing to wait around for Federik, so she'll try a relationship with Dulkhi.

Longer term, after The Lightless Remnant, you'll meet Dulkhi and Arlie in Shornhelm Castle, both very happy and in love. (Though Arlie says Dulkhi needs to bathe more often, and that she's "molding her into the perfect lover.")

I chose the same option, and there was one more conversation consequence later:
    I met Federik in Shornhelm Castle, he seemed quite happy with his life and said he wasn't so sure anymore he really liked Arlie.
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    Great thread, any news ones?
    Xbox One - NA
    Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • SerDinadan
    SerDinadan
    ✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion

Quest: The Family Business
    Options:
    1. I found this skooma on the beach
    2. [Lie]. I don't know what you're talking about.
    Results:
    1. Officer Lorin is pleased and asks you what else you found. You can tell her about the bandits, then she arrests the surviving Khajit.
    2. ??
    2. Officer Lorin has no evidence and thus decides to leave the Khajiit siblings to mourn their father. You give the skooma to the brother to destroy; he hopes that he and his sister can forgive each other and rebuild their plantation.

• Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm back again after another long hiatus, but will be spending my limited time over the next month and a half leveling up my alts, so updates to this thread will be infrequent for a while (moving internationally again soon).

That said, thanks all for the contributions, keep them coming!

50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    SerDinadan wrote: »
    Aldmeri Dominion

Quest: The Family Business
    Options:
    1. I found this skooma on the beach
    2. [Lie]. I don't know what you're talking about.
    Results:
    1. Officer Lorin is pleased and asks you what else you found. You can tell her about the bandits, then she arrests the surviving Khajit.
    2. ??
    2. Officer Lorin has no evidence and thus decides to leave the Khajiit siblings to mourn their father. You give the skooma to the brother to destroy; he hopes that he and his sister can forgive each other and rebuild their plantation.

Thanks @SerDinadan @Runefell @Melilotta @Blue_Warpstar @Snowalker and @bakkims

Updated to here and added in several Coldharbor quests.
    Edited by Atarax on August 3, 2015 1:30PM
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
  • knifeinthedark
    Update for A Change of Heart
    If you tell Dulkhi to go and Federic to stay, you do not see Dulkhi at the Shornhelm castle after the fight at the Doomcrag. You do however, encounter Federic with Arlie. Arlie has a wandering eye for women, and makes it very clear she intends to pursue a fling with Countess Tamrith, commenting on her looks several times. When asking Federic if Arlie is happy, he says after all the work that had to be done to make it work, "she damn well better be."
  • nerdywife
    nerdywife
    Soul Shriven
    Quest: Kireth's Amazing Plan
    Options:
    1. Support Kireth
    2. Support Raynor
    Results:
    1. Raynor is a little mad at first but comes around.
    2. ???

Option 2, support Raynor:
    Kireth acknowledges you're right, even that she isn't a very good adventurer and then comments that perhaps the Mage's Guild can turn them into proper adventurers.
  • RavenSkylord
    RavenSkylord
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: The Fading Tree
    Options:
    1. Tell Erunor that he has a duty to his village
    2. Tell Erunor that he has a duty to his family
    Spoiler:
    1. Erunor stays behind as the only link to Tameriel the village has. He agrees that it's his duty. His wife is disappointed, but says she loves his sense of honor, and promises to raise their child with stories of their father's sacrifice.
    2. ???
    2. Tell Erunor that he has a duty to his family
    Spoiler:
    He agrees with you, stating the Wilderking had blessed your arrival and trusts the Wilderking will protect the tree.
    And further states that the Wilderking can remake the tree if needed
    [/spolier]
This discussion has been closed.