Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.

ESO Hides My Cleavage??

• ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    That second point is part of why I hate this change so much. I REALLY LOVE the redguard light armors. They could have tweaked the textures without killing them. It was suggested if I want a dress I could buy the wedding dress. NO. I think a wedding dress is nice for the RPers, but I'm not wearing a wedding dress around Tamriel!

A lot of people invested a lot of materials and tempers into these armors and to completely change them now just isn't cool.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We tried to tell them that a majority of us don't like the new style changes to the Redguard light armor or the Heavy armor legs ,but they decided to put up an article instead trying to convince us these changes were good.

Beating this dead horse has produced nothing but pulp.=(

So they did, and they couldn't even use the correct heavy belt for the detail because it's broken. You can see how it blends into the bottom piece below the belt on the male example. Why the rush?

http://files.elderscrollsonline.com/uploads/blogs/d05d61ce691615afbaa21f357168ff2c.jpg
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    ZOS must be unaware that women who play mmos often dress their toons like they dress up on Halloween ... sleazy as they can get away with.

For a mature rated game I am shocked ZOS is hurting the massive segment of female players who view character customization as a primary draw to games.

I am serious saying this. I personally do not understand dressing like a stripper while engaged in heavy combat but TONS of rl woman I have played mmos with sure as heck do.

^Agreed. I have a sleazy looking blonde. A not quite fully covered brunette. And a wicked looking female tank with burns who dresses in very covering heavy armor. Let there be choice!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Silly me. When they gave us armor dyes I assumed it meant that they understood that we like pretty armor as much as we like realistic armor, but mostly we like lots of choices.

:s
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
    Options
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    My character has gone from this:
    53ftps6nsf4n.bmp
    To this:
    deix09ytg9x5.png

They are not even remotely similar!

And my god! What have they done to my...

Are they really almost clear down to my knees?!?

And just checked out one of my other characters....

The before shot:
    3e875s2z9u7v.png
    The after shot:
    4budwglns15n.png

Edited by Brother_Numsie on February 14, 2015 6:54AM
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of several threads on this theme. It always comes down to:

1. It's armor....etc. etc. etc. Uh, no, it's clothing.

My main walks around town dressed like this:

Andala%20Bosmer%20Daedric%20Mix_zpsxrfe0oyf.png

And thanks to Wyyknd's Outfitter can quickly go into battle dressed like this:

Andala%20Greatsword_zpsxtfwsq6i.png

2. We don't want ESO to become like THIS [insert an elf from Terra Online] or another Asian MMO.....

KoreanElfArmor_zps359e93ec.jpg

3. It's solving a technical issue, usually followed by some tech sounding gibberish about bitmaps that's total nonsense.

The strange reflective properties of dyed cloth and leather, not to mention the issues with dyes changing color depending on what armor style you're dying, are not due to the damned bitmaps.

And even if they were, why change the style? What, was it due to all those (non existent) forum threads begging for new Redguard and Orc armor? Nobody asked for this. They just....made it.

Live teams in online games are supposed to address actual customer issues first. There are other serious art issues regarding clothing and armor that should take priority.

To be fair I've seen people complain about the female Orc "boob window" since beta.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    The problem isn't just that they took away our cleavage, or our sexy armor,
    the problem is that they changed our armor (uglified it, let's be honest here) and then seem to be offering eerily similar looking armor to the old armor in the crown store. So now we have to pay money for outfits we have been able to wear since the game launched.

This is just straight up wrong on every level.

ZOS give us our old armor back.
    Edited by Brother_Numsie on February 14, 2015 7:29AM
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS nerfed boobs. Boobs were OP.
    Options
  • Sydria
    Sydria
    ✭✭✭
    They should make both versions of those armors available ingame - simple solution and everyone can pick to their liking. o:)
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

I'm all in for good laughs... however, in the context of this topic it's not even remotely funny.
    WTF is wrong at Z... to be clear it's not only the "boob" window (or lack thereof) which upsets me here but *** like this started to happen everywhere recently.

ESO has a sad future ahead indeed...
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 25, 2015 4:44PM
    Options
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't just that they took away our cleavage, or our sexy armor,
    the problem is that they changed our armor (uglified it, let's be honest here) and then seem to be offering eerily similar looking armor to the old armor in the crown store. So now we have to pay money for outfits we have been able to wear since the game launched.

This is just straight up wrong on every level.

ZOS give us our old armor back.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.

Alex, I'll take "What are ZOS' plans to gouge their customer base" for $500.00 please.

THIS is what's happening. ZOS is dropping their subscription, so they're no longer interested in making a quality game. Most of their efforts will now be on freemium items. This move was not done to improve the quality of the game, it was done to "incentivize" the purchase of more appealing cosmetic items.

What this means is that the chainkini is coming to a crown store near you.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh... I don't want to wear a costume. You can't dye them. Why can't they make more armor suited for females? They can do this in a manner that isn't skanky. They need to realize that we females are really tired of wearing armor fit for a male. The only costume I have EVER worn is the V6 because it looks nice on my characters instead of the clunky armor you can't match colors on because some of it is this race and some of it is that race. We don't need to look like we belong in the Ebony Flask but come on ZOS, can we have some armor that is fit for awesome female characters?
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

It was part of balancing the dungeons....they conducted thorough research and determined that if they reduce clevage then the variance in boss fight DPs is reduced between players (possibly due to players who stare at clevage now being able to focus solely on combat). This change is aimed at improving the user experience and ensuring that other (teenage boys) cannot ruin your dungeon experience...
    Options
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    You just upped the PEGI rating from 16 to 18 and you remove boobs?

I'm female. My character happens to wear full breton plate armour, because she likes functional european-type heavy armour. So I'm not even impacted by the change. But having the option to pick sexy outfits (which are very far from slutty outfits) is very important for female players. Reverse this, ZOS!
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not just the female outfits lacking some... Flair. Male outfits can be really bad too, who among us is not tired of robes? Almost every light armor drop set in the game is still Robes only! And why all the robes have to be closed like a dress? Seriously... Give us open robes with actual pants underneath it...

And fix Daedric Light Pants. >.> It is still skirt only, which makes no sense... It is supposed to go under the robes, not be part of it.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    And fix Daedric Light Pants. >.> It is still skirt only, which makes no sense... It is supposed to go under the robes, not be part of it.
    Fix? They're not broken. They're a great way to create a battlemage look with light robe bottom and heavy chest. We need more skirt options, not less. Of course, I wouldn't be against adding Daedric light breeches as long as we get to keep the skirt too.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Daedric are my favourite Light pants in game due to their current design. Wish more styles were available for skirt bottoms -- particularly like wearing Daedric Light pants with Heavy gears in my other slots.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    It was part of balancing the dungeons....they conducted thorough research and determined that if they reduce clevage then the variance in boss fight DPs is reduced between players (possibly due to players who stare at clevage now being able to focus solely on combat). This change is aimed at improving the user experience and ensuring that other (teenage boys) cannot ruin your dungeon experience...

Hahaha this made me laugh so hard!
    But seriously.. ZOS I don't want to be forced to spend my coin just to have an outfit I like. You should not be reducing the variety of the free outfits just to force people to spend coin. I am subscribed and intend to continue to subscribe but I will seriously resent having my favorite outfit stolen away from me and replaced with some "Wedding dress" when I wanted to spend my crowns on a Riding Guar (I have wanted a pet guar since morrowind)

Make both versions available to players! People who have already crafted and are wearing the current versions do so because we LIKE THEM. We didn't ask for a change. Please have your devs work on something we have asked for like adding tabs to guild banks, or more kiosks for our trade guilds.

Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread rocks so much
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »

Hahaha this made me laugh so hard!
    But seriously.. ZOS I don't want to be forced to spend my coin just to have an outfit I like. You should not be reducing the variety of the free outfits just to force people to spend coin. I am subscribed and intend to continue to subscribe but I will seriously resent having my favorite outfit stolen away from me and replaced with some "Wedding dress" when I wanted to spend my crowns on a Riding Guar (I have wanted a pet guar since morrowind)

Make both versions available to players! People who have already crafted and are wearing the current versions do so because we LIKE THEM. We didn't ask for a change. Please have your devs work on something we have asked for like adding tabs to guild banks, or more kiosks for our trade guilds.

Ya on a more serious note this messes up the rp outfits of two of my characters.....just release both versions...
    Options
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    The armors look way better now, quality wise. As for the skin coverage issue, I won't say anything since I'll be damned if I do or don't either way. However the actual graphical quality is much better and looks far less "painted on" (an issue I have brought up since my first Beta 17 months ago). I am always happy to have better graphics in my gaming and this change brings just that.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be difficult to add new motifs with the new looks and keep the originals the same.

This would actually be even better for them, to create a framework of motifs that are just variations on the originals. Do a minimal amount of work slightly tweaking existing armor sets and put them into the Crown store.

Literally everybody wins.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 25, 2015 4:58PM
    Options
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS,

Stop taking away options when instead you should be adding MORE options to the game. TES has always been about options, that's why so many of us came to ESO! There are/were only a few armor selections to show off character tattoos, burns and scars — stop removing them!
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My female char has the right to be sexy.
    Options
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, these changes are horrendous! :|
    Options
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know - YOU KNOW - what they're coming for next, right?

Andala%20Daggerfall%20Bank_zpsrejnmryt.png
    Andala enjoys the warmth of the fire on her skin before they throw a burqua over her in version 6.x
    Options
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Daedric are my favourite Light pants in game due to their current design. Wish more styles were available for skirt bottoms -- particularly like wearing Daedric Light pants with Heavy gears in my other slots.

Agreed. It can make for an interesting look.....oops...too much skin on the chest piece...they're taking care of that though ;)

Andala%20Orc%20Chest%202_zpsm8ptvjgd.png

Brandalf - it is a fair point indeed. I've been playing since the beta too but I didn't see those remarks about Orc armor. I trust that you did. And, also in fairness, it works very differently on gals with small breasts. On them it's a bit a skin suggesting more. On the massive mammary gals....um....not so sexy ;)
    Edited by bellanca6561n on February 15, 2015 9:31AM
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you add a mature setting ZOS.... something similar to Age of Conan.

heads will roll... and women can be topless.

It's a shame that players armor is getting "uglified"
    Edited by Domander on February 15, 2015 10:52AM
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    Ugh... I don't want to wear a costume. You can't dye them. Why can't they make more armor suited for females? They can do this in a manner that isn't skanky. They need to realize that we females are really tired of wearing armor fit for a male. The only costume I have EVER worn is the V6 because it looks nice on my characters instead of the clunky armor you can't match colors on because some of it is this race and some of it is that race. We don't need to look like we belong in the Ebony Flask but come on ZOS, can we have some armor that is fit for awesome female characters?

I think it really depends on what you think "fits" a female character.

I mean my main looks like this and i think it looks great and still has a femine air to it.
    NhXZA1v.jpg

- Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

It's a shame that players armor is getting "uglified"

It's not the "modesty" that I object to as well - it's the fact that these new armors are unattractive.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
This discussion has been closed.