The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »
    all the quests i completed cannot be repeated. therefore i cannot gain any new champion points on my v14 character. because i completed ALL of the silver and gold quests in all 3 alliances.

Points are account wide. Doing them on an alt gives you points on your main. Rinse and repeat.

Incorrect, points are earned from your highest char and spread thru your account

Incorrect. Any EXP gained by any VR character contributes to the account CP pool.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 28, 2014 6:38PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the quests i completed cannot be repeated. therefore i cannot gain any new champion points on my v14 character. because i completed ALL of the silver and gold quests in all 3 alliances.

Points are account wide. Doing them on an alt gives you points on your main. Rinse and repeat.
    \

allow me to explain it for you a bit more clearly.

the matterial i have left to accomplish is "zero" unless ofcourse i want to endlessly spend hours upon hours upon hours trying to keep up with every one else by going to craiglorn on a constant basis then i will NOT be able to keep up with the rest of the entire community because i "allready completed all the quests"

and to put it into even more laymen of terms -

"i have nothing available left to do in the game to earn champion points like others who are at v1 have"

• Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Wow...have you not read any of the other 5000 posts on this issue in the last 10 days?? They said they are STILL tracking XP upto VR14 but you wont get those converted XP to CP points until they remove the VR system.....which will happen after 1.6 thus they are giving everyone at VR1 and above 30 CP points to 'have a play around' with the system and make sure it works before they go ahead and make everything unbalanced again. :p

Sometimes I feel like a stuck record.....lol
    This is in direct contradiction to Kai Schober's words, so would you mind posting a link to your source?

1st of all Kai don't have the authority to mention this in an official capacity it was said in a separate post and in German then badly translated to suit the doom post it was then quoted in.
    Maria is about as official as your gonna get on the Champ system as it's her department and she mentioned it in the Live stream (go watch it im not gonna re quote again...)

Think of it this way.....
    ...They have a new system that gonna change everything but they want to test it first to make sure its fair for all.
    Do you "A" give everyone the same amount and see how we try to break their new system then award points later after it is thoroughly tested
    or "B" award points all over the place so nobody really knows if anything is unbalanced or not as everything is new and person A has 30 points person B has 90 and person C has 400.....

....c'mon people use that grey matter it's not hard to see what they want to do.
    Oh and considering they have said they are all on Christmas break until the new year, do we really need this amount of posts on the same subject that WONT be answered till they get back in the office???

I watched the entire ESO Live and no where did they say that... You are just pulling stuff out of no where lol...
    Samadhi wrote: »
    here is the question that was asked by us

"Should players that are VR1+ still work towards VR12 or should they just wait until the new changes?"

here is the answer we were given by zenimax employee,

"Continue to play! We are tracking your XP as you advance your way through Veteran Ranks and even past VR14. When the Champion System comes out we will reward you points right away based on the amount of XP you have earned up to a cap."

"...up to a cap."
    The cap was decided as 30 points.
    Nowhere in that quote do they state that VR14 characters will receive anything more than other VR characters.

Realistically figure this was just a placeholder reply they gave though.

Could you imagine if they had posted "there's no point continuing to play, pick your sub up again in a few months after the system is implemented. Don't bother playing until then." CVXiMG9.gif

If EVERYONE gets 30 CP, it's not a CAP ... L2English...
    Edited by Averya_Teira on December 28, 2014 6:43PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »
    Joejudas wrote: »
    Stop suggesting repeatable daily quests and PvP as a solution to this. It isn't. Also I'm trying to be serious. If you don't actually have anything to add to the thread then please keep it to yourself.

You're still in denial. How sweet.

You asked for ways to earn XP when you're V14. I give you a few valid examples and you've no intelligent comment to counter them apart from "don't give those examples". Mature!

@dwemer_paleologist‌ just read the last 4 words of your quote from ZOS

I'm sorry but a cap isn't something everyone achieves just for showing up. Implying that 30 points was the cap is asinine and wrong. Don't try to justify this bonehead move by ZOS by pointing to 4 words.

This isn't a little league game, people aren't supposed to get trophies just for showing up. The fact that it is exactly what's happening is sickening.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on December 28, 2014 6:54PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone assuming that VR14s who've done Cadwell's Gold will have nothing to gain EXP from? ZoS even stated that they envision everyone regardless of level to gain EXP/CP at about the same rate. Remember there's a lot being changed here, including EXP rewards...
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    If you do the content later and get rewarded for it WTF shouldn't I get the same reward if I completed it before you and I can't complete it again?

You could look at it another way. You got to experience rewards that no one will get to experience after VR is removed. For many of us, there is no way we will have a VR14 by the time the changes are complete.

In other words, be grateful for what you have gotten up til now, rather than bitter over what you *might* not get tomorrow.

Good lord are you being serious right now?

Eh, sort of. Just trying to cheer you lot up.

Honestly, I'm just happy when I can get a dungeon group; I love running dungeons in this game. I'm far more worried about that than I am about rewards for "efforts"... clearing a dungeon through group coordination is enough reward for me. I don't do Cadwell's to progress my character, I do it to kill time when I don't have a dungeon group.

And I will never understand the mentality that time spent playing a video game is work.... When I'm at my job, I am working. When playing a game, I am, er... playing. Whatever changes happen to the game, I am sure my character will still work in much the same way, so why worry?
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Should players that are VR1+ still work towards VR12 or should they just wait until the new changes?"

"Continue to play! We are tracking your XP as you advance your way through Veteran Ranks and even past VR14. When the Champion System comes out we will reward you points right away based on the amount of XP you have earned up to a cap."

"...up to a cap."
    Nowhere in that quote do they state that VR14 characters will receive anything more than other VR characters.

Could you imagine if they had posted "there's no point continuing to play, pick your sub up again in a few months after the system is implemented. Don't bother playing until then." CVXiMG9.gif

The cap was not decided as 30 points. The 30 points was an afterthought and damage control. When they figured out their original plan would cause more problems than it would fix.

The 30 points was never intended from the beginning, they purposefully left their wording as VAGUE as humanly possible in order to provide enough "cover our asses" room when something like this inevitably happened.

Stop acting like this was intended from the beginning, it's a stopgap measure.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on December 28, 2014 6:46PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who treat video games like work are probably unemployed.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Wow...have you not read any of the other 5000 posts on this issue in the last 10 days?? They said they are STILL tracking XP upto VR14 but you wont get those converted XP to CP points until they remove the VR system.....which will happen after 1.6 thus they are giving everyone at VR1 and above 30 CP points to 'have a play around' with the system and make sure it works before they go ahead and make everything unbalanced again. :p

Sometimes I feel like a stuck record.....lol
    This is in direct contradiction to Kai Schober's words, so would you mind posting a link to your source?

1st of all Kai don't have the authority to mention this in an official capacity it was said in a separate post and in German then badly translated to suit the doom post it was then quoted in.
    Maria is about as official as your gonna get on the Champ system as it's her department and she mentioned it in the Live stream (go watch it im not gonna re quote again...)

Think of it this way.....
    ...They have a new system that gonna change everything but they want to test it first to make sure its fair for all.
    Do you "A" give everyone the same amount and see how we try to break their new system then award points later after it is thoroughly tested
    or "B" award points all over the place so nobody really knows if anything is unbalanced or not as everything is new and person A has 30 points person B has 90 and person C has 400.....

....c'mon people use that grey matter it's not hard to see what they want to do.
    Oh and considering they have said they are all on Christmas break until the new year, do we really need this amount of posts on the same subject that WONT be answered till they get back in the office???

I watched the entire ESO Live and no where did they say that... You are just pulling stuff out of no where lol...

"...up to a cap."

If EVERYONE gets 30 CP, it's not a CAP ... L2English...

Lol, guess you posted before you read the rest of the thread....I was already busted by Gina putting up a response. Seriously read whole threads before posting then your not at the back of the class while the rest of us have gone for lunch.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone assuming that VR14s who've done Cadwell's Gold will have nothing to gain EXP from? ZoS even stated that they envision everyone regardless of level to gain EXP/CP at about the same rate. Remember there's a lot being changed here, including EXP rewards...

because, and please listen closely --

"THERE ARE NO MORE QUESTS LEFT FOR MY CHARACTER!"

I completed all the quests in all 3 alliances, i completed pretty much EVERYTHING IN THE GAME!!!!

• Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completed all the quests in all 3 alliances, i completed pretty much EVERYTHING IN THE GAME!!!!

Then what are you doing with your current in game time? If you have absolutely nothing to do, then you must be about to quit anyway.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because quests are the only content in the game... what are you doing now then? Just chatting in zone or something?

What about pledges, dungeons, DSA, trials, PvP, all that sort of stuff? You do those right? And those give EXP, right? And ZoS is rebalancing EXP rewards of everything in preparation of the Champion system, riiiiight?

See what I'm getting at?
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

As I understand it 1.6 will also not remove the VR system so there will still be players from VR1 to VR14 and presumably, continuing to progress from VR1-VR14.

So... whenever you actually do remove the VR system in 1.7 or 1.8 and everyone becomes a level 50 with however many CPs they have managed to earn at that point, to be clear, are you saying there will be no adjustment or compensation at that point when VR14s are all nerfed down to VR1?

That is what she is saying, yes. They screwed many people with that change of mind...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

Then what are you doing with your current in game time? If you have absolutely nothing to do, then you must be about to quit anyway.

PvP and thats the only thing i wanted from the begining, that will NOT allow for progress like others have in the pve because the pvp is WAY lower in xp then pve.
    and i HATE the pve in this game because it is extreme reversal to morrowind!
    i hate basicly everything outside of cryodiil.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect, points are earned from your highest char and spread thru your account

Incorrect. Any EXP gained by any VR character contributes to the account CP pool.
    As I understand any low level alt will also earn CP as long as you have one VR1 or higher. however as xp gain is low at lower levels this will probably not contribute much,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP and thats the only thing i wanted from the begining, that will NOT allow for progress like others have in the pve because the pvp is WAY lower in xp then pve.

Which part of "ZoS is rebalancing EXP gain for everything" do you not understand?

• Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭

I feel your pain, bro.

I have, too, completed every single quest and once 1.6 hits, I'll be spending my days in Rkundzelft, grinding what was taken from me....

Champion system is yet another grind...just with a different name :/

''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    I loose out on this massivly, I have 3 VR characters, I have done Cadwells gold twice. I think it is unfair, but and here's the thing, I can accept it if ZOS sees it as for the future health of the game. For anyone that quits due to it, they do see thier own progress as more important than the health of the game. Those people are self important, no two ways about it.

If having too many CP compared to other players is unhealthy to the game, then they are going about it the wrong way.

Some people who play all day every day will find a way to grind CP quickly and get ahead of everyone else.

I haven't heard a valid reason so far why it would be unhealthy for the game if I got CP according to the time and effort I put into the game.

As it stands, the champion system is a reset back to lvl 50, making every bit of XP earned afterwards useless or even a disadvantage.

It's all in the rebalance of the content. If all start with 30cp, then they can balance it for 30cp. If some have hundreds, if it's balanced for that, it's too hard for those with less. Once it's in place people can earn more, but then when content is too easy for them, they know it's because they are too powerful.
    Edited by Guppet on December 28, 2014 6:55PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I get this right, they've said, that Cyrodiil village quests will give more EXP now. I already do them every day for fun. I really really hope, this will make the villages more attractive, so that many people come to the cities.

This is going to be great fun. I have no mood at the moment, but I can't wait to farm the villages again. This is the best part of Cyrodiil in my opinion.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which part of "ZoS is rebalancing EXP gain for everything" do you not understand?

i am done speaking with you on this subject, you clearly are not versed to what has transpired in elderscrolls online pertaining to this situation.

• ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    If I get this right, they've said, that Cyrodiil village quests will give more EXP now. I already do them every day for fun. I really really hope, this will make the villages more attractive, so that many people come to the cities.

This is going to be great fun. I have no mood at the moment, but I can't wait to farm the villages again. This is the best part of Cyrodiil in my opinion.

I sincerely hope they also touch on EXP gain from the actual PvP part of Cyrodiil. That's kind of the whole point.

The only thing fun (for me) about the Cyrodiil PvE quests was ganking quest-runners at the hubs.

• Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    I loose out on this massivly, I have 3 VR characters, I have done Cadwells gold twice. I think it is unfair, but and here's the thing, I can accept it if ZOS sees it as for the future health of the game. For anyone that quits due to it, they do see thier own progress as more important than the health of the game. Those people are self important, no two ways about it.

If having too many CP compared to other players is unhealthy to the game, then they are going about it the wrong way.

Some people who play all day every day will find a way to grind CP quickly and get ahead of everyone else.

I haven't heard a valid reason so far why it would be unhealthy for the game if I got CP according to the time and effort I put into the game.

As it stands, the champion system is a reset back to lvl 50, making every bit of XP earned afterwards useless or even a disadvantage.

It's all in the rebalance of the content. If all start with 30cp, then they can balance it for 30cp. If some have hundreds, if it's balanced for that, it's too hard for those with less. Once it's in place people can earn more, but then when content is too easy for them, they know it's because they are too powerful.

The whole point of the system is that the more points you have the less increase in power you get... If balancing between 30 and 150 CP is such a pain, their system isn't working as intended... which is probably what's happening here, another fail from ZOS...
    Edited by Averya_Teira on December 28, 2014 6:58PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

that is how i got from level 10 to level v6, i am burned out on that garbage "for life" i have memorized it with perfection, i now hate those quests.

• Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what if they change PVP to award he same xp per hour as Cadwells (which they have already said they intend to do)?
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what if they change PVP to award he same xp per hour as Cadwells (which they have already said they intend to do)?

He will tell you that:

i am done speaking with you on this subject, you clearly are not versed to what has transpired in elderscrolls online pertaining to this situation.

:'(
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 28, 2014 7:02PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

again more false information that is based on "what zenimax said" they have been lying to us since 2011 on topic after topic.

i play solo in pvp and have done so since i was level 10, my v14 is a nightblade stamina build, you realize how weak and slow the amount of xp i would gain? it would be quite stupid for me to play my character anymore.

i have just put over $200.00 dollars into fallen earth mmo to give myself a fresh start in there and have something to play.
    the list of problems in eso and list of bad things they have done in eso is staggering.

• Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can't really promess that as PvP XP really only depends on the actual activity. If you don't find players to kill for 15 min... They should still award you XP for those 15 minutes lol ?
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how this rolls out. It will either turn into a non-event, we simply don't have the big picture, or it will be heralded for years to come as a blunder to avoid by MMOs in the future.

It could also be heralded as the patch that got rid of all the elitist self important players, thereby vastly improving the community and saving the game.

Yeah, I'm really "elitist". I have all self-crafted gear. I have never done DSA and done 12 man trials once (couldn't even kill the last boss - so elite!). I have an AP rank of like 5 (look out for me! I'm elite!).

Quit generalizing about other players. Every play style that is not exploiting is a VALID gameplay style so enough with the belittling comments that imply people who consumed the content of the game are somehow invalid and not entitled to the reward they get from it LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. If you do the content later and get rewarded for it WTF shouldn't I get the same reward if I completed it before you and I can't complete it again?

Firstly I did not in anyway say who was elitist, no idea why you assumed I meant you.

Also anyone who quits over this puts their own personal progress before the future health of the game, so they are very much self important people.

You did mean me because you generalize that anyone who isn't in favor of ZOS is somehow an "elitist". Again, you generalize that "anyone" who quits over this puts their own personal progress before the health of the game. That is utter BS. This is about fairness. I have 2 V14 characters. I'm against this change even though there are plenty of people with more veteran characters than me so that will put me at a disadvantage personally but I don't care because they earned those levels and deserve some compensation.

There is nothing they have stated that explains the need to flatten vet levels with no compensation. NOTHING. It doesn't make the system more fair. There will still be 40-something characters that get no points and V1 characters that get 30 while 4 V14 characters get the same 30 CP. That isn't proportional or fair. How is it unfair to apply the initial CP on a slightly larger range up to 100 CP or something based on the EXISTING progression system? People will still grind or figure out ways to earn CP fast and slow players will still earn CP slowly so the player gap will remain. The only thing this does is punish players who consumed more content.

That is your OPINION. It is not fact. You are entitled to your own opinion and nobody is saying you are wrong for thinking it's fine but why do you feel the need to invalidate others who have a different opinion? If everything is fine for you and the game is just peachy why do you feel the need to make 500 comments on the matter instead of playing the game? Seriously, let people who don't think it's a good idea express their feelings/thoughts on the matter without your incessant and belittling commentary.
    Edited by EQBallzz on December 28, 2014 7:06PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just currious, how many of the people posting in this forum are employees of zenimax and here to damage control?

just curious
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people keep saying the 30 CP is for ''balance'' purpose and things like that....

The system is supposed to be designed so there's no balance issues... If they have issues with balancing between a 30 CP player and a 250 CP player... THEIR SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING...