The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok..im done posting this to death lol. see you guys in 1.6
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG, information. Thanks, Gina. :) I still don't like this decision, but at least the confusion will end now (hopefully).
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shakes head* well done Gina, you just lost half the playerbase with that post. A few more days and they would have moved onto the next crisis...
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent to have it clarified. Thanks for stopping in to post.

Looking forward to 1.6 and the CS when it releases.
  • Chivana
    Chivana
    ✭✭✭
    and we'll see you in the new year. :)

NO.

Chivana "Amazon Queen" Krelog (Chivana@Chivana)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chivana wrote: »
    and we'll see you in the new year. :)

NO.
    @chivana

What???, you mean you don't want to see Gina next year? :confused:

Look it's only four days away, relax, play some ESO, and enjoy.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on December 28, 2014 4:28PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Thank you for the information, although you should have posted those exact words a week or more ago to save us from having to wade through all of the posts that have been created on this topic.

Thanks for clearing that up though. Maybe it will put a stop to any new threads on the subject.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Maybe it will put a stop to any new threads on the subject.

It won't
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

It won't

Well, the answer is officially out there now. If some players refuse to accept it, that's on them.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /bucketsplash
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

It won't

Well, the answer is officially out there now. If some players refuse to accept it, that's on them.

The ones who refuse to accept the answer also refuse to accept that it's their problem.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they just delete all the Vet chars?
    It's like a ghost town now those VR areas ;)
    It's like they just been told that the entire last 6 months was pointless and they have actually given themselves a handicap against Low level players.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

No worries I'm not holding any grudges against you, I'm pretty sure you did what is best for ESO.

It's sad how many cries were over a few points, and how little positive posts were about the champion system. Which is bringing a very improved progression system, horizontal progression, something MMOs are very lacking these days.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

It won't

I know. But when have people on these forums ever accepted an answer from ZOS? Oh well just how it is.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    It's like they just been told that the entire last 6 months was pointless and they have actually given themselves a handicap against Low level players.

Quite a few people are doing non-vet levels until they are sure it's worth it. At the minute it seems to be that we will all get the same number of Champion Points whether we are VR1 or VR14, which means doing VR levels just closses off quests we might want for the champion system.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Thank you for the information, although you should have posted those exact words a week or more ago to save us from having to wade through all of the posts that have been created on this topic.

Thanks for clearing that up though. Maybe it will put a stop to any new threads on the subject.

She did...In fact, it was almost exactly a week ago. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143784/champion-system-clarification/p1
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Quite a few people are doing non-vet levels until they are sure it's worth it. At the minute it seems to be that we will all get the same number of Champion Points whether we are VR1 or VR14, which means doing VR levels just closses off quests we might want for the champion system.

^ This.

It will be just like when they made changes to the Undaunted skill line, and those who had already completed all of the Undaunted challenges didn't get any retroactive points for completing that content. The players who hadn't completed the Undaunted challenges before the update were able to level up Undaunted easily, and those who had already maxed out Undaunted before the update got shafted.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

As I understand it 1.6 will also not remove the VR system so there will still be players from VR1 to VR14 and presumably, continuing to progress from VR1-VR14.

So... whenever you actually do remove the VR system in 1.7 or 1.8 and everyone becomes a level 50 with however many CPs they have managed to earn at that point, to be clear, are you saying there will be no adjustment or compensation at that point when VR14s are all nerfed down to VR1?
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

She did...In fact, it was almost exactly a week ago. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143784/champion-system-clarification/p1

true but the recent post by her is a lot clearer then her post in that thread
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how this rolls out. It will either turn into a non-event, we simply don't have the big picture, or it will be heralded for years to come as a blunder to avoid by MMOs in the future.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer, but i'm not happy to hear that.
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    This is to all my guildies who went on and did silver and gold when I told them to save it. Even after they said to keep playing and XP would be tracked.

I told you so muther frackers!

I will be doing silver and gold when the new CP system launches. I imagine I will earn CP quicker than all of you!

Your QQ taste so good.

But seriously ...I love you guys. Sorry it happened this way. This is one time I would like to be wrong.

And...please don't unsub or I'll be the only one left.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

As I understand it 1.6 will also not remove the VR system so there will still be players from VR1 to VR14 and presumably, continuing to progress from VR1-VR14.

So... whenever you actually do remove the VR system in 1.7 or 1.8 and everyone becomes a level 50 with however many CPs they have managed to earn at that point, to be clear, are you saying there will be no adjustment or compensation at that point when VR14s are all nerfed down to VR1?

Enough with the speculation about 1.7 or 1.8

Update 1.6 isn't even here yet, and all is subject to change. Instead of asking a million questions that aren't going to get answered, or starting yet another thread, just let them post an official answer like she did in this thread. When they have information about future updates, they will post them. No need for rampant speculation.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

So basically it's take it or leave it. No middle ground, just get hell out of here if you aren't happy with changes.

After reading this post I opened subscription management for second time... I can't decide unsub now or wait and hope that something changes or there will be awesome patch notes until january 6, when I'll be billed...

And NO, you can't have my stuff! :)
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @themizario‌, I now understand what "QQ" is (sorry, I've been slowly learning MMO lingo over the last 2.5 years).

/facepalm

(Edit:Even earned me a "name dropper" badge. This is such a great forum)
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on December 28, 2014 5:02PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Enough with the speculation about 1.7 or 1.8

Update 1.6 isn't even here yet, and all is subject to change. Instead of asking a million questions that aren't going to get answered, or starting yet another thread, just let them post an official answer like she did in this thread. When they have information about future updates, they will post them. No need for rampant speculation.

Forget I called it 1.7 or 1.8, call it fluffy if you want. But what I and many others want to know is how the VR system gets removed and if all of a sudden a VR14 who has been subbed for 10 months, be no more powerful than someone who is a brand new VR1.

That is the real underlying question under all of this "you lied to us" melodrama - and it's a legitimate one. Are those who achieved the most going to have their extra achievements wiped out?

I gather you're OK with this... is it happening to you?
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On a Sunday, during the holidays, now that's dedication. So much moaning that people's holidays are being interrupted. Maybe it's needs to be given a rest till we see the patch notes, then we can all rage again!!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the quests i completed cannot be repeated. therefore i cannot gain any new champion points on my v14 character. because i completed ALL of the silver and gold quests in all 3 alliances.

Edited by Gilvoth on December 28, 2014 5:08PM
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shakes head* well done Gina, you just lost half the playerbase with that post. A few more days and they would have moved onto the next crisis...

7% is not half :p