The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    There isn't any level limit for collectibles to drop, I've had several guildies and friends that got a low-level collectible while they were just passing through an area and killing a few things.
    Are you saying they got collectibles from monsters that were more than 5 levels below their character level (lv 44 or lower for VR chars)?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    There isn't any level limit for collectibles to drop, I've had several guildies and friends that got a low-level collectible while they were just passing through an area and killing a few things.
    Are you saying they got collectibles from monsters that were more than 5 levels below their character level (lv 44 or lower for VR chars)?

I sure hope this is true. I'm not sure where the level requirements for collectibles originated, but I did submit a ticket asking Support to clarify the issue. I'll post the response if I get one.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    I always assumed lower level mobs would drop collectibles but they did totally break low level loot with v1.3 (guts, leather scraps ect) so I didn't even bother trying.
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on September 8, 2014 11:37PM
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    Any idea where to farm Flesh Atronachs at as an AD vet12 player? I have been searching but I can't find anything even remotely good.
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I grabbed an elemental heart from one of the fire atronachs in the tutorial area of coldharbor - hope that clarifies that there is no lower level limit.
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    Any idea where to farm Flesh Atronachs at as an AD vet12 player? I have been searching but I can't find anything even remotely good.
    I think Malabal Tor is the only easy place... Dolmens\MiniDolmens do spawn Flesh Atronarchs though.
    Flynch wrote: »
    I grabbed an elemental heart from one of the fire atronachs in the tutorial area of coldharbor - hope that clarifies that there is no lower level limit.
    Umm it's not about low level mobs dropping the collectibles (we all know, they do) it's if they drop collectibles when your level is great enough that the mobs STOP dropping loot.

Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on September 9, 2014 11:16PM
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Malabal Tor is the only easy place... Dolmens\MiniDolmens do spawn Flesh Atronarchs though.
    Flynch wrote: »
    Umm it's not about low level mobs dropping the collectibles (we all know, they do) it's if they drop collectibles when your level is great enough that the mobs STOP dropping loot.

Well I was just qualifying your assumption as you said you hadn't bothered to try them as they had broken the loot tables with guts etc. No biggie.
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    Anyone else having a hard time getting Ectoplasmic Discharge to drop? I've spent more time killing ghosts then any other type of mob so far, I've killed ghosts for hours around Tanzelwil, at Forgotten Crypts (low ghosts amounts there, I wouldn't recommend it), Starved Plains (lots of ghosts, fast respawn times, best place IMO), and at Heimlym Keep (hell I even got the Multifaceted Eye from the Nix-Hounds there).
    I'm pretty sure Gandranen Ruins (Solo dungeon in Shadowfen) would work too, but I can't confirm this.
    As a DC player my only option was to hit up Sand Warriors in Craglorn which I was less then excited to do... but I can confirm 100% the undead in Gandranen Ruins do indeed drop the Tomb Urn! Thank you!
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on September 11, 2014 11:08AM
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having a hard time getting Ectoplasmic Discharge to drop? I've spent more time killing ghosts then any other type of mob so far, I've killed ghosts for hours around Tanzelwil, at Forgotten Crypts (low ghosts amounts there, I wouldn't recommend it), Starved Plains (lots of ghosts, fast respawn times, best place IMO), and at Heimlym Keep (hell I even got the Multifaceted Eye from the Nix-Hounds there).

Yes! I killed over 2000 ghosts (kept track of the ectoplasms so no joke) and just now two minutes ago got one to drop from the spectral ghosts in Heimlyn Keep. Hardest one to find for me yet.

Edited by Dunkmeister on September 11, 2014 12:01PM
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • cameyerrwb17_ESO
    cameyerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I just finished getting the last of the collectibles yesterday, so I thought I'd post the farming spots I used. Some of them will be blank though, and that's because those are ones I got while doing other activities in-game, or just purely by luck when killing something I accidentally aggro'd, so there was no farming involved.

Please note, that these were all obtained on my Vet12 AD Sorc, so some of these spots won't work for EP and DC vet characters.

Atronach Element Collector
    1. Smoldering Emberheart - Flame Atronach: Spellscar in Craglorn or the Coldharbour public dungeon, Lost VIllage
    2. Fleshy Symbiont - Flesh Atronach: Lost Village public dungeon in Coldharbour. 2 in the Khajiit Village section, 3 in the Orc Village section
    3. Everfrost - Frost Atronach: Spellscar in Craglorn, or there are a few that can be found at bodies of water in Coldharbour
    4. Crackling Lodestone - Storm Atronach: Spellscar in Craglorn, or Rubble Butte solo delve in Bangkorai

Chitin Accumulator
    • Petrified Spider Egg - Spider: Outside Rubble Butte solo delve in SW Bangkorai
    • Calcified Cuttle - Kwama: Just SW of Senie in Stonefalls, kwama on either side of a small bridge, that respawn quite quickly. Probably places with more, but little to no waiting time for respawns
    • Razor-Edged Mandible - Shalk: Senie in Stonefalls. The whole town is full of them
    • Luminous Blood Sac - Hoarvor: Xal Ithix in Shadowfen
    • Polished Shell Shard - Mudcrab:
    • Prized Barb - Scorpion:
    • Multifaceted Eye - Nix-Hound: Greymist Falls in Stonefalls (NW part of the map)
    • Gossamer Winglet - Wasp:

Dwarven Secrets Gatherer:
    • Perfectly Balanced Gyro - Dwarven Sphere: Razak's Wheel public dungeon in Bangkorai
    • Whirring Dynamo - Dwarven Spider: Razak's Wheel public dungeon

Monstrous Components Collector
    • Werewolf's Cameo - Werewolf: Just north of Aldcroft in Glenumbra
    • Nose Shackle - Ogrim: Eidolon's Hollow in Deshaan (where you defeat Vox and finish quest chain in Deshaan). This area also has quite a few ghosts you can farm as well
    • Troll Skull - Troll: Trollslayer Gully in The Rift, or Thulvald's Logging Camp in Eastmarch (this area also has Spriggans that you can farm as well)
    • Ogre Toe Ring - Ogre: Shinji's Scarp in Stormhaven
    • Stony Heart - Gargoyle:
    • Second Skin - Lamia: Near The Moonless Walk in Coldharbour
    • Flawless Tail Feather - Harpy: Shrieking Scar in Glenumbra or Silverhoof Vale in Rivenspire (this spot has more group of 2 and 3, so IMO it's more efficient)

Nature Collector
    • Primal Sproutling - Spriggan: Near The Moonless Walk in Coldharbour, or Thulvald's Logging Camp in Eastmarch (also has trolls), or Deleyn's Mill in Glenumbra (also has Imps)
    • Lashing Tentacle - Strangler: Near The Moonless Walk in Coldharbour (usually paired with Spriggans) or Xal Ithix in Shadowfen (also Hoarvor in this area)
    • Brass Anklets - Nereid: Shrine to Azura in Stormhaven
    • Imp's Effigy - Imp: Deleyn's Mill in Glenumbra (also has Spriggans), or in AA trial
    • Icebound Vetebra - Ice Wraith: The far back snowy area of The Lion's Den public dungeon in The Rift
    • Knotted Heart - Lurcher: Near Jackdaw Cove in Bangkorai or Chill House in Glenumbra
    • Glowing Remnant - Wisp: Crow's Wood public dungeon in Stonefalls

Oblivion Shard Gatherer
    • Banekin Horn - Banekin: Damar's Farmstead in Bangkorai
    • Daedric Dewclaw - Clannfear: Near Hollow Wastes Dolmen in Alik'r
    • Burning Daedroth Eye - Daedroth: Near Hollow Wastes Dolmen in Alik'r or at Damar's Farmstead in Bangkorai
    • Blighted Iron Collar - Scamp: Brothers of Strife in Stonefalls
    • Spider's Crown - Spider Daedra: Near Everfull Flagon and Shrine of Kyne in SE part of Coldharbour

Tamriel Beast Collector
    • Shimmering Alit Bezoar - Alit: Head east from Sulfur Pools wayshrine, above the Shivering Shrine WB and you'll come across a few Alit. Not a great spot, but where I found mine
    • Magnificent Bat Pelt - Giant Bat: Crow's Wood public dungeon in Stonefalls
    • Gnarled Bear Claw - Bear: Just south of Shinji's Scarp in Stormhaven, on the path leading up to it.
    • Wolf's Tooth Necklace - Wolf: Crow's Wood public dungeon in Stonefalls
    • Cat's Claw - Senche Tiger: Hatching Pools in Shadowfen. Haven't been able to confirm if this can drop from Lions or Saber Cats, but if it does, then Saber Cats are much easier to farm in The Rift
    • Inert Egg - Giant Snake - Swamp area around Vale of the Ghost snake in Deshaan. This spot also has some ghosts to farm.
    • Malformed Kagouti Dusk - Kagouti: Large grassy area east of Percolating Mire in Shadowfen
    • Huge Mammoth's Tooth - Mammoth:
    • Buzzing Spine - Wamasu: Swamp area that is south of Hatching Pools and north of Deep Graves in Shadowfen
    • Bile Gilt - Bull Netch: Found throughout Bal Foyen. Can make a full lap of the whole map, and find quite a lot of them. Not sure if this can drop from Betty Netch, but if it can, there's another good spot in Stonefalls just south of Sulfur Pools Wayshrine that has plenty of Betty Netch
    • Cruel Collar - Jackal: Ogre's Bluff in Alik'r Desert
    • Scaly Durzog Hide - Durzog:

Undead Hoarder
    • Hand of Glory - Zombie: Vile Laboratory in Coldharbour or Tava's Blessing in Alik'r Desert
    • Chattering Skull - Skeleton: Hall of the Dead public dungeon in Eastmarch
    • Wraith Shackle: Westtry in Glenumbra
    • Tomb Urn: Anka-Ra in Hel Ra or Craglorn (around Seeker's Archive). Also drops from enemies in Crypt of the Exiles solo delve in Bangkorai
    • Twitching Draugr Hand - Draugr: Around Bonestrewn Crest in Eastmarch, as well as most solo delves in Eastmarch
    • Ectoplasmic Discharge: Aphren's Hold in Stormhaven
    Edited by cameyerrwb17_ESO on September 11, 2014 12:35PM
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just finished getting the last of the collectibles yesterday, so I thought I'd post the farming spots I used. Some of them will be blank though, and that's because those are ones I got while doing other activities in-game, or just purely by luck when killing something I accidentally aggro'd, so there was no farming involved.

Awesome list, thanks! I've updated the OP with your findings.

• Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Chattering Skull -- a skeleton enemy..Shada Tear (Craglorn)
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    Yes! I killed over 2000 ghosts (kept track of the ectoplasms so no joke) and just now two minutes ago got one to drop from the spectral ghosts in Heimlyn Keep. Hardest one to find for me yet.
    What you actually looted 2000 Ectoplasm?! Seems the ghosts have about 60% chance to drop nothing (if they do drop something it's always at least a Ectoplasm), so that's a huge amount of ghosts to kill... *bows before the great Ghostbuster*

A rough guess I'd have to say Ectoplasmic Discharge is about 10+ times rarer then any other collectible I've gone after so far. Definitely needs to be fixed.
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on September 13, 2014 12:25AM
  • Zero_Tolerance
    Zero_Tolerance
    ✭✭✭
    Wraiths drop 2 collectibles? I just got Ectoplasmic Discharge from a wraith in Westtry - Glenumbra....
  • Zero_Tolerance
    Zero_Tolerance
    ✭✭✭
    Wraiths drop 2 collectibles? I just got Ectoplasmic Discharge from a wraith in Westtry - Glenumbra....

They do. Dropped Wraith Shackle just now in the same spot.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭

I don't believe so. Im guessing you have your settings so that you loot from all nearby corpses at once. You probably killed a ghost with the wraith, and the discharge came from the nearby ghost when you looted the wraith corpse.

• ziggr
    ziggr
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm Nature Collector: Primal Sproutling:
    Spriggan in The Moonless Walk (Coldharbor)
    edit: add character AD, level VR3, at the time.
    Edited by ziggr on September 14, 2014 11:23PM
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    Wolf's Tooth Necklace (Wolf): Around Glister Vale, Auridon.

BTW anyone know a good place for gargoyles that isn't in DC zones? I've been killing the ones at the School of Warriors in Craglorn without any luck so far (maybe they don't drop it) and only 3 inside Shrine of the Blackmaw (Shadowfen).
  • Zero_Tolerance
    Zero_Tolerance
    ✭✭✭

I don't believe so. Im guessing you have your settings so that you loot from all nearby corpses at once. You probably killed a ghost with the wraith, and the discharge came from the nearby ghost when you looted the wraith corpse.
    There are no ghosts there, only wraiths and skeletons.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭

There are no ghosts there, only wraiths and skeletons.

That is strange, then. I'll test it out a bit more and see if I can get the discharge to drop from there too. Thanks!
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    I found a better place for Razor-Edged Mandible (Giant Beetle), same zone (Stonefalls) around Sulfer Pools. Heaps more beetles, more dense and no 3k hp beetles either.

Lashing Tentacle (Strangler), inside Root Sunder Ruins, Grahtwood. This place also has a good density of spriggens and senche-tigers too, good combo location.

Also now with Update 4 mobs 5 levels lower then you may drop collectibles now if anyone can test it.
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on September 15, 2014 11:01PM
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    There are definitely mobs that we need better farming spots. I'm working on nereids now at the Shrine to Azura and I've found 8 of them with a very slow respawn rate. Anyone have a better farming spot for these?
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    Brass Anklets was one of the few I still needed but I was delaying because I couldn't think of a good spot outside of DC zones (my characters are all DC)... Anyhow I found the best spot so far! Plenty of Nereid to kill non-stop, they are inside Nereid Temple Cave which is south-west of Dread Vullian (follow the road) in Greenshade.
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on October 1, 2014 8:26AM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also now with Update 4 mobs 5 levels lower then you may drop collectibles now if anyone can test it.
    I have not found nothing about this in the patch notes. Care to show the source?
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    There is no source, logically collectibles should fall into the same area as leather/bait (which was broken in v1.3 and finally fixed in v1.4) and drop from any level mob.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of the collectibles I have found dropped unexpectedly during routine game play. Any opinions on an optimal methodology to get these to drop? Is it better to grind for hours for one item until it finally drops, or put it a little time here and there mixed in with other game play? Does it make any difference, since the drops are all tied to RNG?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    Direct grinding is definitely a reliable way. Use alts.

Get a new character trained up, different style of play while working on them. Takes your mind off the mindless grind. Depending on how lucky you are you might need to grind 1000+ mobs before you see a drop for some
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these collectibles level dependent? I only find them while the monster is at most five levels below me. Have this requirement changed? I am from EP, so I have several collectibles where the monster are far below my level (mammoth, wamasu, kagouti, nix hound). I don´t have much time to begin leveling a new alt in another faction just for that.
    Edited by jcaceresw on October 9, 2014 2:24AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Are these collectibles level dependent? I only find them while the monster is at most five levels below me. Have this requirement changed? I am from EP, so I have several collectibles where the monster are far below my level (mammoth, wamasu, kagouti, nix hound). I don´t have much time to begin leveling a new alt in another faction just for that.
    It's been hard to pin down an answer to this, but there are reports that level difference does not matter. Personally I got one from level 45 zombies at VR12.
    PC/NA/DC
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    It's been hard to pin down an answer to this, but there are reports that level difference does not matter. Personally I got one from level 45 zombies at VR12.

Well, level 45 is still in the collectible interval. Veteran level is just level 50 with a certain number of difficulty.