Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any tips for Flesh Atronarch as VET AD? Since we're way passed the level of Balamath from Malabal Tor, the only place to farm Flesh Atronarch is from Village of the Lost. Anyone have better alternative?

EDIT: The flesh atronarch from village of the lost is the best place to farm it - for AD veterans, there are 5 of them and every circuit takes about ~2 minutes or less if you're efficient and require about 2-3 minutes wait for respawn. Took me in total of 6 hours to farm them before receiving the collectible (an hour here, an hour there, a few minutes here when I have downtime - RNG is a pain!). Finally finished with these achievements after 4 wks.
    Edited by Qyrk on November 18, 2014 11:36AM
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    I recently leveled up a new character, there simply isn't any good locations for Flesh Atronachs outside of AD zones... I think the best option is to simply level up a new character (you can transfer the collectible via the bank) or wait until they finally fix lower level drops.
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on November 16, 2014 2:12PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ground Crypt of Exiles in Bangkorai for an entire weekend, and got the Dragr Hand instead of the Tomb Urn at the end.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ground Crypt of Exiles in Bangkorai for an entire weekend, and got the Dragr Hand instead of the Tomb Urn at the end.

I am starting to think this was a random bug, as others are finding the Tomb Urn there, and the guys you fight are not called Draugr. Picked up another Ectoplasmic Discharge in the same place. Will go back to grinding it and see if I can pick up the needed Tomb Urn.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am starting to think this was a random bug, as others are finding the Tomb Urn there, and the guys you fight are not called Draugr. Picked up another Ectoplasmic Discharge in the same place. Will go back to grinding it and see if I can pick up the needed Tomb Urn.

I FINALLY got it, but it was called Crypt Jar, not Tomb Urn, despite what the Undead Hoarder achievement had listed. I got it in Shadowfen at the crypt near the Hatching Pools.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was curious to see how many kills it would take to get an item. On the Ogres, it was 312. I am at 260 harpies and counting. I hope the odds are higher on the huge monsters, as the idea of going though hundreds of gargoyles is a bit daunting.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was curious to see how many kills it would take to get an item. On the Ogres, it was 312. I am at 260 harpies and counting. I hope the odds are higher on the huge monsters, as the idea of going though hundreds of gargoyles is a bit daunting.

It varies as per RNG.

(numbers are rough estimate)
    To give you an idea, it took me around 1400 Ogres before I got the ring
    harpies - around 80-90
    jackals - 1500 roughly
    Wamasu - 800
    Bears - 2000 until I got it. A week later, I killed 1 bear with its collectible again.
    Gargoyles - finally able to get after 250 (took a long time due to limited farming spots)

I hated Wamasu farming, but others I was able to get it when I dedicated my time to it. Sometimes, I'm just lucky as well. RNG is just that, RNG
    Edited by Qyrk on December 3, 2014 3:57AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chattering Skull can be gotten from the first or second skeleton in the starting prison.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it varies a lot. I am at around 850 Kagouti and 600 mudcrabs without a collectible dropping from either in the last 1450 kills. Maybe I am finally due...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone knows where i can find Burning Daedroth Eye — Daedroth if i'm a veteran DC player? All placec i know are in DC or in Couldharbors, but i can't get loot from them brcaous of lvl difference.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BEZDNA wrote: »
    Anyone knows where i can find Burning Daedroth Eye — Daedroth if i'm a veteran DC player? All placec i know are in DC or in Couldharbors, but i can't get loot from them brcaous of lvl difference.
    Cold Harbour will work, as long as the creatures are level 46 or above. That will put them within 5 levels of any vet level. There aren't a lot of them so it may take a while. Another option is Dune in Reapers March before you do the quests there. After that the daedra disapper.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got Magnificent bat pelt from Giant bat in Jode's light delve in Reapers March VR5, just near the sky shard.
    Edited by kimboh on December 18, 2014 3:21AM
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cat's Claw drop confirmed on Saber Cats in The Rift(tough it took me almost 2 weeks of constant farming and i was almost to give up) as Veteran 14 Aldmeri Dominion
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any Kaoguti spots for veteran EP character? Or should i make an alt and grind to shadowfen?

Also looking for veteran EP spots for:
    - Alit
    - Troll
    - Snake
    - Ice Wraiths
    - Mammoths
    - Wamasu

Any help appreciated.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WhiskyBob wrote: »
    Are there any Kaoguti spots for veteran EP character? Or should i make an alt and grind to shadowfen? Maybe your only option, but send feedback to ZOS. It's the same thing for DC and getting jackals.

Also looking for veteran EP spots for:
    - Alit Kenarthi Roost
    - Troll Grahtwood @ Falinesti Winter Site
    - Snake Alik'r (Ogre's Bluff)
    - Ice Wraiths Cyrodil, some caves, around Bruma
    - Mammoths Malabor Tor (Vulkwasten)
    - Wamasu Grahtwood, SW of Haven

Any help appreciated.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    These collectables are so random and not location specific.

This is what i found on a new character in AD:

Inert Egg: 1st snake outside Snakemother's Den in Auridon

Second Skin: Tempest Island Instance Lamias

Twitching Drauger Hand: Dier Frost Keep Instance

Whirling Dynamo: Volenfell Instance

Cat's Claw: (My veteran character) City Of Ash Veteran 1st pull of cats

Polished Shell Shard: Mudcrab accidental aggro/pull at Long Coast Dolmen in Greenshade.

Yet i was testing set-ups in VR5 zone mammoths (AD side) and after around 200+ testing on mammoths and giants, the giant tooth dropped there.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for good place to farm Netch.
    Does only Bull Netch drop the collectible?
    (oh and Bal Foyen is terrible)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with Bal Foyen? Only other places I recall are Stonefalls, Deshaan, and Cold Harbour. First two are not good for DC, cuz that's Caldwell Gold and Netches are tough. Pretty sure the collectible drops from any netch.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide!

Question: Is the drop chance increased at all by killing mobs closer to your level? Right now I'm working on the spriggan collectible. I'm V10 killing V5 spriggans, just because they give a miniscule amount of XP and also drop other random loot every now and again.

But I'm about 350 spriggans in and tiring of this, so if it doesn't matter I'll just go kill them in Coldharbour.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Ahdora wrote: »
    Great guide!

Question: Is the drop chance increased at all by killing mobs closer to your level? Right now I'm working on the spriggan collectible. I'm V10 killing V5 spriggans, just because they give a miniscule amount of XP and also drop other random loot every now and again.

But I'm about 350 spriggans in and tiring of this, so if it doesn't matter I'll just go kill them in Coldharbour.

Chances don't increase. As long as you get xp/regular loot from them, they can drop the trophy and it's totally RNG.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide!

Chances don't increase. As long as you get xp/regular loot from them, they can drop the trophy and it's totally RNG.

Good deal, on to Coldharbour then!

*prays to RNGesus*
    Edited by Ahdora on January 8, 2015 1:50PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great guide!

From a level perspective, ANY vet level from V1 to V14 is the same as level 50. As far as vet level critters go, they are all the same to any vet level. Since the range for collective drop is within 5 levels of your character, as a vet you have a drop chance from any creature level 46 and up.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Great guide!

From a level perspective, ANY vet level from V1 to V14 is the same as level 50. As far as vet level critters go, they are all the same to any vet level. Since the range for collective drop is within 5 levels of your character, as a vet you have a drop chance from any creature level 46 and up.

I'm currently getting loot drops from level 45 spriggans, so I think it's 45+. Just wanted to add that to the thread :)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great guide!

I'm currently getting loot drops from level 45 spriggans, so I think it's 45+. Just wanted to add that to the thread :)

I can't say for sure, but I think loot drops does not necessarily equate with collectible drops. For example, I can get hides from jackals in Alik'r, but I'll never get the Cruel Collar on my main toon since it's VR14, and jackals are what, 34? If you do get the collectible from lvl 45 Spriggan, please update thread, so we know exactly where the vet level range starts.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide!

I can't say for sure, but I think loot drops does not necessarily equate with collectible drops. For example, I can get hides from jackals in Alik'r, but I'll never get the Cruel Collar on my main toon since it's VR14, and jackals are what, 34? If you do get the collectible from lvl 45 Spriggan, please update thread, so we know exactly where the vet level range starts.

Will do.

I'm getting all the same loot I was getting from the V5 spriggans. Supple roots, armor drops (white, green, and blue thus far), etc.
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it. :)

From a level 45 spriggan in the suggested area of Coldharbour.

I'm level V10, EP.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea which Cyrodill cave has Ice Wraiths?
    Are there any Cyrodill caves with Trolls or Ogrims?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure about Ice Wraiths in caves. Mostly they seem to wonder in the area around Bruma and other northern sites. There is a cave with trolls, lots of them, but I don't remember the name. However, here is a link to a list of the caves with their details.
    PC/NA/DC
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrab
    DC - Grathwood V2 zone: Eastern part of the map, Brackenleaf, to the east in the bay
    - Tons of Mudcrab
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on January 17, 2015 9:31AM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a detailed list of the caves in Cyrodiil and what creatures they host?

Hard to find a good spot for wisps and ice wraiths as an EP character.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!