The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Are these collectibles level dependent? I only find them while the monster is at most five levels below me. Have this requirement changed? I am from EP, so I have several collectibles where the monster are far below my level (mammoth, wamasu, kagouti, nix hound). I don´t have much time to begin leveling a new alt in another faction just for that.
    It's been hard to pin down an answer to this, but there are reports that level difference does not matter. Personally I got one from level 45 zombies at VR12.

Well, level 45 is still in the collectible interval. Veteran level is just level 50 with a certain number of difficulty.
    True. I did a support ticket to get the answer to your question, but their response was so vague I still don't know. Think it went something like 'a lvl 12 bear has same chance of collectible drop as a lvl 45 bear'.......[snip] does this have to do with my level vs critter level. If there is a level requirement within 5 levels, I guess this may be one achievement I won't be able to get.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 5, 2023 6:01PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Are these collectibles level dependent? I only find them while the monster is at most five levels below me. Have this requirement changed? I am from EP, so I have several collectibles where the monster are far below my level (mammoth, wamasu, kagouti, nix hound). I don´t have much time to begin leveling a new alt in another faction just for that.
    It's been hard to pin down an answer to this, but there are reports that level difference does not matter. Personally I got one from level 45 zombies at VR12.

Well, level 45 is still in the collectible interval. Veteran level is just level 50 with a certain number of difficulty.
    True. I did a support ticket to get the answer to your question, but their response was so vague I still don't know. Think it went something like 'a lvl 12 bear has same chance of collectible drop as a lvl 45 bear'.......[snip] does this have to do with my level vs critter level. If there is a level requirement within 5 levels, I guess this may be one achievement I won't be able to get.

All of the drops come from a specific type of mob, which also roam in farm-able locations in at least one of your two veteran Pacts. If you don't see a good farming spot in the OP listed for you, you may have to do some looking for a good farming spot and share it here. I have also discovered that nearly every type of mob also exists somewhere in Cyrodiil, if you PVP at all. That might be a good source for farming these at vet levels.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 5, 2023 6:01PM
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Vegaroth
    Vegaroth
    ✭✭✭
    i dont remember nix hounds out of EP area
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or jackals out of Alik'r for Cruel Collar.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    I am DC and spent some time on Kenarthi's roost, our first vet zone, last night.
    I got the crabs to drop Polished Shell Shard after about 140 kills.
    Than an Alit dropped Shimmering Alit Bezoar in only 20 kills.

However I then spent two hours, earning over 100,000 xp in a weapon skill killing
    Harpy's but had no luck getting Flawless Tail Feather to drop :(
    Edited by neiljwd on October 15, 2014 2:25PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inert Egg from Giant Snake, Reapers March, Thormar ruins.
    DC VR14.
    That area also has Stranglers, Imps, Senche Tigers, Wasps, and a few Ogres, so a pretty good area to farm. So far, no drops from other creatures. Also, Willowgrove is just SE of here, to farm all atronachs but Flesh.
    Edited by Ourorboros on October 20, 2014 12:13AM
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    neiljwd wrote: »
    I am DC and spent some time on Kenarthi's roost, our first vet zone, last night.

However I then spent two hours, earning over 100,000 xp in a weapon skill killing

Flawless Tail Feather dropped for me on the Roost in the midst of chasing Mudcrabs, Alits, and Thunderbugs for other collectibles, so confirmed. DC, VR14.
    PC/NA/DC
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    neiljwd wrote: »

Flawless Tail Feather dropped for me on the Roost in the midst of chasing Mudcrabs, Alits, and Thunderbugs for other collectibles, so confirmed. DC, VR14.

Thanks for that, does those Thunder bugs (supposedly) drop the same things as Shalks? Those Fire ones in Stonefalls are too far apart to farm quickly (especially annoying as a vamp)

Few More Drops (V14, DC) I got the Lashing Tentacle - Strangler in Southern Grahtwood. Also In Grahtwood, Winter Fallinestri Site I got a Troll Skull from the Trolls there.

In Aurdion, (in the interestingly Neutral not hostile) Wolves dropped their Wolf's Tooth Necklace, there's also a significant collection of Bears here at Shattered Grove (north of Mathiisen wayshrine), who also dropped their gnarled bear claw for me!! Got both in about 90 mins.
    1. Anyone know a good place to Farm DURZOGS as DC please?
    Edited by neiljwd on October 18, 2014 6:02PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Per this link Razor-Edged Mandible can drop from any of the three bugs that look like Shalks. I haven't got a drop from them on the Roost yet, but that's RNG for you :). Thanks for the tips about bears and trolls. For Durzogs, there is a goblin delve in Auridon I plan to farm, though it does mean fighting a lot of goblins too-Toothmaul Gully.

Edit: I can confirm Thunderbugs will drop Razor-Edged Mandible. Location Kenarthi Roost, DC VR14
    Edited by Ourorboros on October 20, 2014 12:56AM
    PC/NA/DC
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    For Durzogs, there is a goblin delve in Auridon I plan to farm, though it does mean fighting a lot of goblins too-Toothmaul Gully.

Can confirm they drop there, got my Durzogs scaly hide really quick, thank you
    And glad you got ya mandible :)

Forgot to Mention, Crows Wood (stonefalls Pub Dungeon)is still very good for DC characters. Seen the 3 drops there so far.

Ghosts; Ectoplasmic Discharge
    Bats;Magnificent Bat Pelt (like 7 times)
    Wisps:Glowing Remnant
    Edited by neiljwd on October 21, 2014 2:24AM
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the enemy level and not finding a spot for them to farm...
    Patch 1.5 will have dungeon scaling, which should help in some zones where the outside enemies are too low.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Brass Anklets - Nereid
    - Found as DC v14 in Greenshades, Nereid Temple.
    Which is located here:
    -ner8.jpg
  • TheVikker
    TheVikker
    Soul Shriven
    Scaly Durzog Hide - Durzogs in Shadowfen / Mud Tree Village (Go through the cave)
    Stony Heart - Gargoyles in Shadowfen / Shrine of the Black Maw
    Edited by TheVikker on October 26, 2014 6:06PM
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have screens using Elemental White? I'm curious if it has that metallic look, similar to Lycanthropic Gray and would like to compare.

Thanks
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, was wondering if anybody knows of some Spider Daedra besides the lvl 47-48 in Coldharbour (like a world or delve boss)?
    Edited by Kyoma on October 26, 2014 3:49PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very helpful,

I would like to add,

Polished Shell Shard - Mudcrab in Stonefalls (north of Ebonheart town is best - do a clockwise rotation. Also 4 Alits spawn every 3 complete mudcrub rotation on the north that can be part of the circuit for those trying to get Alit as well.

Can anyone also give light to the best place for Jackals aside from Ogre's Bluff. Probably have killed more than 1k (at a minimum) jackals (by counting the shadow hide scraps they dropped, I have 10 stacks already, and not all jackals drop loot).....After at least 1500 kills of Jackals, I finally got the collar! More Jackals can be found north of Bergama (3-4) and north of Duneripper Downs (5), and around Artisan's Oasis in Alikr Desert. This should do a one BIG clockwise loops (see picture)

Jackal rotations:
    cNqku4i.png?1
    Edited by Qyrk on October 28, 2014 4:45AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I also ask, has anyone found Cat's Claws that is not Senche Tiger? How about Saber Cats (especially in the Rift)?
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    whsprwind wrote: »
    Direct grinding is definitely a reliable way. Use alts.

Get a new character trained up, different style of play while working on them. Takes your mind off the mindless grind. Depending on how lucky you are you might need to grind 1000+ mobs before you see a drop for some

Did not think to use alt in order to both work on this achievement and lvling him !!Take an awesome!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Very helpful,

Can anyone also give light to the best place for Jackals aside from Ogre's Bluff. Probably have killed more than 1k (at a minimum) jackals (by counting the shadow hide scraps they dropped, I have 10 stacks already, and not all jackals drop loot).....After at least 1500 kills of Jackals, I finally got the collar! More Jackals can be found north of Bergama (3-4) and north of Duneripper Downs (5), and around Artisan's Oasis in Alikr Desert. This should do a one BIG clockwise loops (see picture)

Jackal rotations:
    cNqku4i.png?1
    What alliance and level were you to get the Cruel Collar? Has any DC gotten this drop as a Vet? Seems to be only place in game to get it, but collectibles were not fixed until long after I passed through this zone.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Petrified Spider Egg from spiders at Hunters Camp on Bleakrock Isle, and Gnarled Bear Claw from bears just north of there. Lots of both critters with fast spawn rates. DC VR14, so critter level is V6.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What alliance and level were you to get the Cruel Collar? Has any DC gotten this drop as a Vet? Seems to be only place in game to get it, but collectibles were not fixed until long after I passed through this zone.

v14 as AD. This was vet9 zone for me :).
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed that "Tomb Urn" is dropped in Gandranen Ruins in Shadowfen. The actual drop is called "Crypt Jar" - already sent a ticket to fix this minor discrepancy.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt Jar/Tomb Urn dropped in Lost City of Na-Totambu - Alik'r Public Dungeon - Na-Totambu Warrior
    Edited by eNumbra on November 3, 2014 5:54AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got an official response from CS on level requirements to get a collectible drop. They confirmed initial assumption that you must be within 5 levels of what you're hunting for a chance at a drop. The practical implication is that, since collectibles were broken for many months, you are likely to have out-leveled any creature from your home alliance on early characters. So don't waste time hunting in your alliance if you're veteran. It also means it's impossible for DC characters that were veteran before the patch to get the Cruel Collar from Alik'r jackals. CS is reporting this as a bug, so maybe there will be a future fix. Here's the message from CS:
    The answer to your question is that players will need to be within 5 veteran ranks of the monster in order to get drops from the creature. However, most of the creatures are available at all the different ranks.

For the Cruel Collar from the Jackals, we have submitted a bug as it looks like it will not be achievable by higher ranked players
    Looks like I still need to clarify this somewhat further, since the message said "within 5 veteran ranks", when they surely just meant within 5 ranks.

With all this in mind, it's really helpful if you include your alliance for any posts updating collectible locations.

Edit: I guess it safe to assume the "within 5 veteran ranks" remark is a mistake, since we have been getting drops from monsters from level 46 and up as higher level veterans.
    Edited by Ourorboros on November 4, 2014 3:41PM
    PC/NA/DC
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Ourorboros, and it's good news that at least they're looking at the Jackal problems for high level DC characters.

Also north of Cambray Pass in Glenumbra (v6 as AD Vet) is a good place for Zombies. Still haven't got the Hand of Glory from this though.
    P.S. DO NOT bother farming wolves in cambray pass. After killing 3500, there was no collectible - wolf's necklace- dropped. I found that they might be "undead" wolves, which is why - Expert Hunter works on them. Went to Crows Wood instead and took 4 circuits before I got it.
    Edited by Qyrk on November 5, 2014 8:56AM
  • augie
    augie
    Soul Shriven
    Accidentally found a Flawless Tail Feather off of a V4 or V5 harpy in the Alik'r Desert in the far southeast, near the mini dungeons of Yldzuun and Sandblown Mine. I was V5.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found Buzzing Spine from Wamasu yet? RNG might not be in my favor, but have probably killed 1200 Wamasu (yes, I spent a week and countless hours, doing a circuit on lower half of the place!) and have received plenty of blue drops, but no collectibles.

EDIT: 11/12 - finally found it Wamasu, south of Hatching Pools.
    Edited by Qyrk on November 11, 2014 10:03AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Has anyone found Buzzing Spine from Wamasu yet? RNG might not be in my favor, but have probably killed 1200 Wamasu (yes, I spent a week and countless hours, doing a circuit on lower half of the place!) and have received plenty of blue drops, but no collectibles.

I got mine in the southern beach of Grahtwood. I wasn't farming, just killing critters as I passed through. Caldwell Silver for me, I'm DC. There are others, like Alits, of which I've killed a crapload without a collectible drop. RNG is a mean MotherF.
    PC/NA/DC
  • augie
    augie
    Soul Shriven
    Over the weekend I ran across a Chattering Skull off of a V5 skeleton in the Vahtacen dungeon in Cyrodiil. Also found a Wolf's Tooth Necklace from either a regular V5 wolf or werewolf over on the east side of Bangkorai near Kerbol's Hollow. Not sure which, it was a group loot. I was V6 from EP.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoldering Ember Heart - best to create another character and go through Wailing Prison. Plenty of flame atronarch in the open area that spawn quickly. Seems to have better drop rate. Got it between 2-10 minutes on 3 lvl 2 characters (just to test the drop rate).