The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please.. enough with the DK nerfs/NB buffs

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now I get it, I have to play a certain build, (means shoot bolts of lightening) to be effective on my NB, I can't just rely on my native build (means daggers and bow) oh well, let me know if I got that through my thick skull yet won't you, because up till now I thought I would be able to play my class with any relevant build and be quite effective, like I dunno daggers and bow, what I was born to use. I have no interest in shooting bolts of lightening outa my arse EVER.....

From stealth I own 1v1 situations with my NB... don't matter what the class im attacking is either. Critting up to1600 damage with my daggers & 900-1200 damage with my covenant bow. Stay away from melee stamina builds for now as they are poo.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now I get it, I have to play a certain build, (means shoot bolts of lightening) to be effective on my NB, I can't just rely on my native build (means daggers and bow) oh well, let me know if I got that through my thick skull yet won't you, because up till now I thought I would be able to play my class with any relevant build and be quite effective, like I dunno daggers and bow, what I was born to use. I have no interest in shooting bolts of lightening outa my arse EVER.....

From stealth I own 1v1 situations with my NB... don't matter what the class im attacking is either. Critting up to1600 damage with my daggers & 900-1200 damage with my covenant bow. Stay away from melee stamina builds for now as they are poo.

yupp DK will heal up and charge you + reflect you lolbow, templars will heal up etc...
    yeah it happens critting up to 1600 but cant say on anyone. and after your 1600 your damage goes down very low compared to others + your resources too.
    anyone can kill with NB a noob, all know that. so what was your point with this? NB attacked me with such damage what you said and... i didnt died. I died from such attack when i was on horse lol...
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

yupp DK will heal up and charge you + reflect you lolbow, templars will heal up etc...
    yeah it happens critting up to 1600 but cant say on anyone. and after your 1600 your damage goes down very low compared to others + your resources too.
    anyone can kill with NB a noob, all know that. so what was your point with this? NB attacked me with such damage what you said and... i didnt died. I died from such attack when i was on horse lol...
    Wow you are so good. I wish I was you. The point of this post was to show that if you play a class right any class can beat any class. I have done it enough times. Move along troll and your pointless I didn't die post.

• Strakand
    Strakand
    ✭✭✭
    Oinabilac wrote: »
    It's interesting that people keep denying the superiority of Nightblades, when the world record at both Hel-Ra Citadel and Aetherian Archive is done with 6 and 7 Nightblades in the groups.

The Nightblade never was underpowered; builds which include weapons which rely on stamina are.

I could post the dps I am getting during those runs, but clearly it is useless as most people refuse to accept evidence which is right in front of them.

Agreed.

It is actually funny because this is the first MMO that a rogue class has received multiple buffs in the first 6 months. It seems that for the most part it is because of the inability for many players to understand how to play the class. The funny thing is for 15+ years I have played a dps rogue class in MMOs as my main. I changed the mold by rolling DK with ESO partly because I wanted a change of pace and largely due to my general exhaustion from playing classes that receive the initial round of nerfing into the ground. Funny how that works.
  • Molisin01
    Molisin01
    ✭✭

Wow you are so good. I wish I was you. The point of this post was to show that if you play a class right any class can beat any class. I have done it enough times. Move along troll and your pointless I didn't die post.

'nuff said.
  • Molisin01
    Molisin01
    ✭✭
    I have never had any trouble with my NB, and I have played since Beta. Night Blades versatile. Most people who don't like playing the NB need to understand it is an advanced class and you need to know when to dodge and where to dodge and when to invis and when to hit and with what ability. True, NBs don't have the armor to go toe to toe with most high lvl mobs or players, but you don't need armor if you can read the combat and not get hit. I also play a DK on test and it is fun to just wade in and swing my sword, but I don't have to think too much when I play the DK. With NB you have got to be aware of when the opponent is starting an attack, and when the attacker is not attacking (like directly after the weapon swing). Also I make good use of the medium armor shuffle skill.
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have precisely 1 problem with my Nightblade class skills. Bugs.
    After the third major patch and many bug fixes, several key NB skills still bug out, repeatably, in combat situations.
    i.e.
    Shadowy Disguise still drops when it should not (taking no damage) or just gets ignored altogether by mobs in combat, it drops when your dots tick on enemies, and now it has an animation bug that was introduced in 1.3.3

Concealed Weapon often deals zero damage as an opener, either from stealth or more commonly from invisibility.

Fix the bugs and I'll be happy just sneaking past mobs I can't kill that other classes can.

That said, I'll repeat myself from earlier in this thread, fixing bugs is 95% of what ZoS has done with the class, the OP conflates bug fixes with buffs in a baseless rant.

FYI DW/Bow with zero active weapon skills is how I play, I play the class in the purest sense. I'd love a weaponless option, stealth/mage bare fist assassin.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strakand wrote: »
    It's interesting that people keep denying the superiority of Nightblades, when the world record at both Hel-Ra Citadel and Aetherian Archive is done with 6 and 7 Nightblades in the groups.

The Nightblade never was underpowered; builds which include weapons which rely on stamina are.

I could post the dps I am getting during those runs, but clearly it is useless as most people refuse to accept evidence which is right in front of them.

Agreed.

It is actually funny because this is the first MMO that a rogue class has received multiple buffs in the first 6 months. It seems that for the most part it is because of the inability for many players to understand how to play the class. The funny thing is for 15+ years I have played a dps rogue class in MMOs as my main. I changed the mold by rolling DK with ESO partly because I wanted a change of pace and largely due to my general exhaustion from playing classes that receive the initial round of nerfing into the ground. Funny how that works.

Ahh lol you are just DK because its a no brain easy class.
    Edited by Kypho on August 7, 2014 10:46AM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    And btw, you know, in pvp, the easiest to kill is NB. You know what ppl say if they get attacked? "Ohh it was just an NB" after they kill it with ease.
  • Fablelost
    Fablelost

Ahh lol you are just DK because its a no brain easy class.

I have no other choise than agree

"Come Nerevar, friend or traitor come. Come and look upon the Heart and Akulakhan. And bring Wraithguard, I have need of it."
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Would be pointless the nerf the actual classes at any point and by that I mean the 4 core classes, the world classes and different weapon skill lines.. eg. destro staff may need to be looked into here and there.

Saying this because the different core classes are not really OP towards each other as it is, it is a matter of approach and using your chosen class in clever ways whenever it get to it, one of those things would be actually using it.

• decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be clear I have a v12 nb and a v12 dk and I play my nb as a stam based melee dps and my dk is a tank. both classes are fun and effective. yes stam based abilities need a buff. and srry but I feel no sympathy for the dks that are crying because they cant wear full light and run into a raid spam fire ring and win anymore. there is no way that should have worked in the first place. and if u think its bad now wait till block gets fixed. you should learn you class so u can improvise adapt and overcome instead of getting on the forums and crying me a river.
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strakand wrote: »

Agreed.

I picked DK because I knew that everyone was going to go NB and I didn't want to chose the popular class. Along with this, I knew a bunch of "assassins" wouldn't be optimal for PvP. A group of players specializing in AoE should role over a group of assassins. And thats exactly what happened. :)

Too bad people gotta cry about it.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    i think its clear ZOS no idea how to fix Dk and NB, best decision leave game.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh common every class has it's counter measure against every other class that's the original desing, if you don't know how to build skill sets don't spam forums.Thank you!
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    So when exactly will DK be nerfed and NB get ANY buffs at all ?
    Joking ofc, but actualy i still didnt saw a single buff to NightBlades.
    NO AT ALL. Only nerfs...
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »
    NB are fine, if you can't play it doesn't mean there is a problem with the class itself. As a stamina build I easily (as in while napping type of easily) hit 2k+ AE dps and regularly hit between 600-700 single target with certain fights being closer to 800. I'm far from the best, guild mate posts 1k single target parses and there are others that fall in between the two of us. Magicka or Stamina build NBs are doing just fine, the current problem lies in the players not the build.

Too many want to wear heavy armor and stack max health then think they should hit the same dps as people who actually build for damage. If this was the case there would be an extreme imbalance, the thought process that possesses people to say "I don't care! I want to play MY WAY!" is the most ridiculous self entitled ignorance I've seen lately. You'd want to break the game so you could do what others are already capable of doing with the same class? Sure, sure "fix" it so anyone at all who rolls a NB can hit 1k dps, then anyone with actual skill will be hitting 2k single target then you'll be back bitching and moaning how OP NB is since you die to them so fast or they're duoing vet dungeons.

Numbers of course depend upon the parser being used so I use 3. Numbers sometimes vary greatly and sometimes match perfectly so these are the average numbers. The problem does not lie in the damage output, but the survivability, and that is not a problem that needs to be fixed. They survive differently, dragon blood vs shadow cloak. Currently a well built DK has the best survivability while still putting out damage, but they still die because if they build with being the most survivable they hit like declawed kittens and depend on other group members to do the actual killing.

I'd like to see people start actually basing "this class is OP OMG helpz!" posts on 1v1 and not just their own fights either. You can't do it? Must mean it just can't be done...
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no idea how can NB kill any other class with their saves/heals, while having nothing like that himself.

Anyways, so which class is OP atm? Haven't followed forum for a while :)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    still no idea how can NB kill any other class with their saves/heals, while having nothing like that himself.

Anyways, so which class is OP atm? Haven't followed forum for a while :)

We have plenty of damage on a Nightblade that we can kill someone and cloak right back up ;). Don't follow the forum, follow what you see in-game. I'd say Templar is probably FOTM for people thinking they're op (correct or not, I'm not commenting on here :)) w/ swarms of solo-to-trio ganker nb's that cast ambush as a pack though :p.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB was fun 2-3 months ago. Never gone PvP since then, that's why I don't know what's happening in Cyrodil and that's why I wanted someone to tell me :)
    I remember, people were crying about Sorcerers' BE and about invincible DKs. I was just wondering how the things are atm :)
    Thanks for your reply.

p.s. Recently, I've been running my NB in heavy armor.. And well, let's just say, that resources end pretty fast and dps is lower than numbers I see when people discuss dps. Much lower :) That's why I can't image how it would be in PvP where enemies actually resist and don't want to die :)
    Edited by Artis on August 24, 2014 9:04AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    NB was fun 2-3 months ago. Never gone PvP since then, that's why I don't know what's happening in Cyrodil and that's why I wanted someone to tell me :)
    I remember, people were crying about Sorcerers' BE and about invincible DKs. I was just wondering how the things are atm :)
    Thanks for your reply.

p.s. Recently, I've been running my NB in heavy armor.. And well, let's just say, that resources end pretty fast and dps is lower than numbers I see when people discuss dps. Much lower :) That's why I can't image how it would be in PvP where enemies actually resist and don't want to die :)

*grin*
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dk doesnt even need to switch bars. All that happens is WHIP YA FACE B**** and then he'S gonna SWOOOOOOSH *Green Dragonblade* and after he peed on a thousand corpses he slaughtered he says NERF SUN SHIELD!!!!
  • Xallus
    Xallus
    ✭✭✭
    So when exactly will DK be nerfed and NB get ANY buffs at all ?
    Joking ofc, but actualy i still didnt saw a single buff to NightBlades.
    NO AT ALL. Only nerfs...

Didn't you know? Buffs to bow are Nightblade buffs. And while Dark Cloak removes absolutely no DoT's or anything negative whatsoever, and has been that way since beta, if it ever get's fixed it will be the most OP "buff" everyone screams about.
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    NB=/= stamina.