The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    You guys got to remember its not just ESO servers its how each of our own computers communicate with them. since 1.2.4 and the hotfix, I was not getting huge drops at all. I was even able to stream to my twitch account asnd still get 20-30FPS while streaming and my PC isnt really setup to optimize a stream. I fun an Nvidia GTX570 which is an older card with beta updates and I personally did not experience any huge FPS drop or delays in my GPU or CPU output. No memory leaks etc etc.

Instead of getting mad you need to make tickets and send your specs to ESO support so they can figure out how to make there servers talk to everyones PC's to get the kinks out. There is no way any company can anticipate everyone elses hardware and software to be compatible to there own.

Does this mean that I need to perform my own personal dna sequencing and send to my doctor anytime i have a medical issue?

I bet you would get better results if that were the case so yeah go nuts. If you got the money be my guest. You could be the healthiest troll in the world!

Lol @ people who excuse mediocrity.

Champions Online is mediocre.
    LOTRO is mediocre.
    Allods Online is mediocre.

These are games that are fun distractions, miss a few marks here and there, and may have some singular flaw that keeps them from excelling.

Poor end games (CO), badly implemented cash shops (Allods), and general blandness (LOTRO) keep them from truly excelling.

But they work.

And they're playable.

The definition of mediocrity -- they're pedestrian and middle of the road.

ESO is a gosh darn mess and far below mediocre. It's junk until it's fixed.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys got to remember its not just ESO servers its how each of our own computers communicate with them. since 1.2.4 and the hotfix, I was not getting huge drops at all. I was even able to stream to my twitch account asnd still get 20-30FPS while streaming and my PC isnt really setup to optimize a stream. I fun an Nvidia GTX570 which is an older card with beta updates and I personally did not experience any huge FPS drop or delays in my GPU or CPU output. No memory leaks etc etc.

Instead of getting mad you need to make tickets and send your specs to ESO support so they can figure out how to make there servers talk to everyones PC's to get the kinks out. There is no way any company can anticipate everyone elses hardware and software to be compatible to there own.

Does this mean that I need to perform my own personal dna sequencing and send to my doctor anytime i have a medical issue?

I bet you would get better results if that were the case so yeah go nuts. If you got the money be my guest. You could be the healthiest troll in the world!

Your comment is very mediocre and rather dull, but sure ill excuse your mediocrity. Your just words on a forum. Here is more troll meat.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your comment is very mediocre and rather dull, but sure ill excuse your mediocrity. Your just words on a forum. Here is more troll meat.

Hodor? Hodor Hodor Hodor!!!!!!!
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Champions Online is mediocre.
    LOTRO is mediocre.
    Allods Online is mediocre.

These are games that are fun distractions, miss a few marks here and there, and may have some singular flaw that keeps them from excelling.

Poor end games (CO), badly implemented cash shops (Allods), and general blandness (LOTRO) keep them from truly excelling.

But they work.

And they're playable.

The definition of mediocrity -- they're pedestrian and middle of the road.

ESO is a gosh darn mess and far below mediocre. It's junk until it's fixed.

I think it depends on what you're looking for in a game and will not be the same 'rating' for any one person.

So if I'm looking for cool graphics, combat style, pvp and a bit of story, ESO is actually really good. Though it is utterly riddled with technical problems.

On the other hand, older, 'functional' games like wow, are good because they are 'tried and true' and for the most part work well even if they are a bit bland by this point.
    Rift, while being substantially 'prettier' than wow, with somewhat cooler and 'new' concepts (at the time) eventually lost me because its pvp nerfbat swing approach and grind were a pathetic joke. Although now that it went f2p I might give it another look :)

LOTRO is by far one of the worst MMOs I've played, but that's just my opinion. Even Neverwinter is a better f2p and it's blatantly p2w.

TL;DR = I want to love ESO because underneath all the problems it is a really cool game... but ZOS just can't seem to dig it out :(
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TL;DR = I want to love ESO because underneath all the problems it is a really cool game... but ZOS just can't seem to dig it out :(

This, in short, had been my stance on the game for a long time. Fundamentally, it's a fun as hell game. It has phenomenal promise. Once the balance is tweaked (stam builds, for example) and some of the technical crap is corrected (old forward camps, some exploits) then it would be one of the best games I ever played.

But....

The technical bugs are just ridiculously awful. They destroy the ability to play this game on a fundamental level that is so deep that you have to laugh to prevent yourself from weeping.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i hope they sort this quickly cuz people are really gettin mad.
    Edited by Malmai on July 7, 2014 9:22PM
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You certainly set a low bar!
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭

This, in short, had been my stance on the game for a long time. Fundamentally, it's a fun as hell game. It has phenomenal promise. Once the balance is tweaked (stam builds, for example) and some of the technical crap is corrected (old forward camps, some exploits) then it would be one of the best games I ever played.

But....

The technical bugs are just ridiculously awful. They destroy the ability to play this game on a fundamental level that is so deep that you have to laugh to prevent yourself from weeping.

Sure agree on this one.

Looked smooth this morning, then got to contested keep...the sound of the you lost toon comes to my head.
  • billcage
    billcage
    Especially on area attacking zones ( mage skills) fps decrease to 5-10 numbers.I play with low video settings and i use the ASUS K56C ultrabook. Graphic card Geforce 740M...