The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Edited by arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO on July 7, 2014 3:19PM
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    Patch notes were pretty murky on if it was fixed or not. so id guess no.

Well considering they never announced the Forward Camp fix in any patch notes....

:)

But that aside, I REALLY hope it is fixed. I've been 'toughing' it out and playing through it. But after playing yesterday afternoon I started to get a physical reaction (extreme dizziness, nausea and feeling like I was going to pass out). :(

I realized my body decided it was time to take a break until this is fixed.

Also its not healthy to watch a screen like that.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys got to remember its not just ESO servers its how each of our own computers communicate with them. since 1.2.4 and the hotfix, I was not getting huge drops at all. I was even able to stream to my twitch account asnd still get 20-30FPS while streaming and my PC isnt really setup to optimize a stream. I fun an Nvidia GTX570 which is an older card with beta updates and I personally did not experience any huge FPS drop or delays in my GPU or CPU output. No memory leaks etc etc.

Instead of getting mad you need to make tickets and send your specs to ESO support so they can figure out how to make there servers talk to everyones PC's to get the kinks out. There is no way any company can anticipate everyone elses hardware and software to be compatible to there own.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys got to remember its not just ESO servers its how each of our own computers communicate with them. since 1.2.4 and the hotfix, I was not getting huge drops at all. I was even able to stream to my twitch account asnd still get 20-30FPS while streaming and my PC isnt really setup to optimize a stream. I fun an Nvidia GTX570 which is an older card with beta updates and I personally did not experience any huge FPS drop or delays in my GPU or CPU output. No memory leaks etc etc.

Instead of getting mad you need to make tickets and send your specs to ESO support so they can figure out how to make there servers talk to everyones PC's to get the kinks out. There is no way any company can anticipate everyone elses hardware and software to be compatible to there own.

Interesting, did you play on a high pop campaign in Cyrodiil during this time, and participate in sieging keeps?
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, got in a keep battle. During the fight it dropped down to 12 - not uncommon - and then right after the fight concluded it came right back to 48.

So - while 12 is still a little low - the fact that it came back is promising.

PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    bitaken wrote: »
    Ok, got in a keep battle. During the fight it dropped down to 12 - not uncommon - and then right after the fight concluded it came right back to 48.

So - while 12 is still a little low - the fact that it came back is promising.

Bahh, sometimes I could see the same before 1.2.5 patch.
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed it. Huge battle at Chal right now with the Emp there, 0 lag.
  • Xysira_Dragoneth0
    Xysira_Dragoneth0
    Soul Shriven
    Please fix the FPS in Cyrodiil. I have been unable to fight since that big patch. Before that patch, I could fight with graphics on HIGH with NO lag. Now I can not fight....PERIOD with graphics on lowest possible settings. I am only here to fight and really do want to stay but ESO is now getting boring just doing quests.
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its not fixed
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im sory but nothing you said here is truth from where i stand.
    heres the facts:
    aproximately 2 weeks ago there was a patch that made the fps drop in cryodiil (while in large crowds of fighting) that fps drop has not been fixed and still persists now even after a few quick fixes and 2 maintances. it has nothing to do with my PC and is most definately server side problem.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this mean that I need to perform my own personal dna sequencing and send to my doctor anytime i have a medical issue?

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the FPS in Cyrodiil. I have been unable to fight since that big patch. Before that patch, I could fight with graphics on HIGH with NO lag. Now I can not fight....PERIOD with graphics on lowest possible settings. I am only here to fight and really do want to stay but ESO is now getting boring just doing quests.

this is the truth and exactly what happened to me. i agree 100% with above comment.

• bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok got in a PvP fight - it went down to 8 FPS - about 12 enemies - and it dropped to 8 and did not come back. So...not fixed.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Ok got in a PvP fight - it went down to 8 FPS - about 12 enemies - and it dropped to 8 and did not come back. So...not fixed.

Well that sucks.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with luck, i see you next month. sub paused
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with luck, i see you next month. sub paused

This!
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »

Thanks...I aim to please...one thing though :p You misquoted in your post- grim13 didn't write that...Forumfail ;)
    I corrected that mistake. Honor to whom honor is due.
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »

Thanks...I aim to please...one thing though :p You misquoted in your post- grim13 didn't write that...Forumfail ;)
    I corrected that mistake. Honor to whom honor is due.

Thanks. I didn't want to appear to be stealing glory!
  • hyttemaierb16_ESO
    This might sound harsh, but Zenimax you should consider hireing better programmers, its simple you are loosing custemers because they cant fix stuff, had this been any other business people would get fired for not beeing good enough for their job.. sorry for having to say this but, its the truth, think of going to the mechanic, they say in 2 weeks your car is ready, when you come to get it, its in worse shape than before. would you complain? i thought so.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting, did you play on a high pop campaign in Cyrodiil during this time, and participate in sieging keeps?

Yes. played on NA Wabbajack day one once i was level 10. I had FPS issues prior to the patch and they were much better then before. Is there still a little lag, yes, but i can get 20-30 fps on medium graphics setting and streaming. I wont know what will happen today until I get home from work. I never experienced FPS problems in PvE like some. My only issue is delayed action times when using abilities.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

im sory but nothing you said here is truth from where i stand.
    heres the facts:
    aproximately 2 weeks ago there was a patch that made the fps drop in cryodiil (while in large crowds of fighting) that fps drop has not been fixed and still persists now even after a few quick fixes and 2 maintances. it has nothing to do with my PC and is most definately server side problem.

Yes your right. There server is not communicating with your PC in some way. Never said it was your PC that was the problem, but the problem probably lies with hardware or software you may be running that isn't compatible with there servers. So yeah it is server side your 10000000% correct, its just not meshing well with some PC's.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »

Does this mean that I need to perform my own personal dna sequencing and send to my doctor anytime i have a medical issue?

I bet you would get better results if that were the case so yeah go nuts. If you got the money be my guest. You could be the healthiest troll in the world!
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    They fixed it. Huge battle at Chal right now with the Emp there, 0 lag.

u might be one of another 1% of lucky ppl who actually feel it being better :/
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

• Kaytlin
    Kaytlin
    ✭✭✭
    :cookie:

Any chance these fixes will get implemented before subs are up?

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.

Obviously the developers were unable to to provide the necessary fixes in time for this patch, 1.2.5.
    I have been a supporter of this game since the early days. It is becoming increasingly hard to justify continued support for the game with the apparent lack of focus on major issues in the AvA campaign on the developer side. Apparently it is more important to focus on fixes to PVE dungeons, etc than it is to focus on performance issues with the game.
    Perhaps I am wrong, and if so I hope that Jessica will respond with an eta to correct the FPS/lag issues with AvA. It is certainly clear that the Monday patch was not aimed at AvA but PVE, contrary to the implied "fix" that Jessica mentioned in her post.
    AvA was touted as one of the premier functions of the game and has so far not proven to be a stellar effort.
    Caytlynne of Skye
    V12 EP Sorceress

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently it is more important to focus on fixes to PVE dungeons, etc than it is to focus on performance issues with the game.

There are different teams working on different issues.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    Note: one thing puzzles me from beginning of this fps thing and never asked till now-if this patch version 1.2.3 was on pts - how come none reported fps drops ? If 1.2.3 as such wasnt on pts servers and if they structured tests well than something they added after that pts version is screwing the game.

Yes, I've been wondering about that as well. On the other hand, we've seen other patch changes released that skipped PTS before; they must have their own internal testing system, I suppose.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    Note: one thing puzzles me from beginning of this fps thing and never asked till now-if this patch version 1.2.3 was on pts - how come none reported fps drops ? If 1.2.3 as such wasnt on pts servers and if they structured tests well than something they added after that pts version is screwing the game.

Yes, I've been wondering about that as well. On the other hand, we've seen other patch changes released that skipped PTS before; they must have their own internal testing system, I suppose.

It's not currently convenient to test PVP on the PTS. The V12 templates are limited to one faction, so in order to test you would need to level up a character in one of the other factions.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet you would get better results if that were the case so yeah go nuts. If you got the money be my guest. You could be the healthiest troll in the world!

Lol @ people who excuse mediocrity.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol @ people who excuse mediocrity.

Mediocrity would be a HUGE step up compared to this fustercluck
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it is more important to focus on fixes to PVE dungeons, etc than it is to focus on performance issues with the game.

There are different teams working on different issues.

Wow no really i had no clue that companies have an organizational structure. *sarcasm*