Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Do You Like ESO PvP

• LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    There's issues that need evolving, issues need tweaking, issues that appear imbalanced even after some time has passed for level normalizing. They are still lower priority than some other issues, but luckily some are on the update list already.
    Phoenix99 wrote:
    1) more equilibrium in stamina users vs magicka users
    2) more magicka muting skills and magicka draining skills
    3) reliable lockdowns vs high mobility skills (for example while rooted you should not be able to bolt away, mist is already locked)
    4) more detection tools for invis and stealthed targets. Also invis should break on doing dmg to enemy

#3 I agree, as long as the roots are treated like every other CC and breakable.
    #4 I feel that this is already balanced personally. It should be a significant trade to slot a see-stealth ability. Is that it is +spellcrit imbalanced to any particular class over +weap etc? If there are too many see invis abilities stealth becomes obsolete for the majority. There are also potions in game that aid this that are underused atm.

I do not like how long bolt escape and heal keep me in combat. I do not like that I can NEVER stealth no matter how far away from the fight I am because I healed or bolted... but I can live with it if it is the same for all.

I don't like the lag spikes that effect weapon swap. I don't like the heavy lag blocks of time at all. I don't mind a spike here and there but not 3-4-5 mins + at a time. Especially when I see no local factors like a heavy siege or particle effects etc... just server lag.

The other things I DON'T like, come with most MMOs or are on the todo list to work on allready.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    It's kinda boring. The whole sieging thing is fun for a little while, but it gets stale pretty quick, especially the long ass travel times and the relative uselessness of forward camps. Need some battleground/warzones implemented.

I wouldn't want warzones. They would start to balance the game based on those smaller encounters, when they have a large scale pvp mechanic already in place. They just need to make doing things in pvp more rewarding. Taking a keep should net a HUGE xp/ap bonus. They should do what SWG did in the NGE with the GCW(Galactic Civil War). Where if you were taking part of a large battle, there would be what was known as a "GCW Tick". Where you would get GCW points based on your involvement in the battle that just took place. This could be something that could be implemented in regards to XP AND AP. Smaller battles netted MUCH smaller "GCW Ticks". Whereas if you took part in a HUGE battle, the tick would be sweet!

Then they could add in either couple repeatable quests or MORE daily quests for killing players and taking keeps. If they did that, it SHOULDN'T be a specific keep.....just a generic "take keep" mission. I would be down for making that one repeatable. Since it's harder to take a keep than it is just to get mass kills.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    LadyChaos wrote: »

yeah, by root i mean roots and immobilize, which are breakable by simple rolling
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    No plans for small scale pvp, dueling, battlegrounds at this time. Our efforts are focused on Cyrodiil.

This from their road map. Thank you zenimax for not killing cyrodil pvp.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Best PVP since Darkage of Camelot in my opinion. Ofcoarse there is things that need fixing and balance and im sure it will come. you cant expect the game to be perfect in the first few months.
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    It's one of the few things ESO has done right imo.

However, massive skill imbalances and an AoE cap are really bringing it down.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    It's kinda boring. The whole sieging thing is fun for a little while, but it gets stale pretty quick, especially the long ass travel times and the relative uselessness of forward camps. Need some battleground/warzones implemented.

Those battle ground /warzone fights you want are already in Cyrodiil. IF that's what you want then DONT go to the keep sieges. Run a roaming group and hit other groups or camp between the keep sieges and the supply line port. There will be endless skirmishes and ambushes there
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Phoenix99 wrote: »

yeah, by root i mean roots and immobilize, which are breakable by simple rolling

can you roll out of talons? am I just always OOS to get 1 roll lol?
    Edited by LadyChaos on May 2, 2014 8:32PM
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes are hardly comparable to a properly structured PvP battleground.

I'll stick around for Cyrodiil-only PvP as long as travel times are significantly reduced. I'm holding out hopes for player summoning, reinforcement portals, or AoE resurrection via spellcrafting. Forward camps are near useless and cost too much.

Every time I die and have to spend 5 minutes traveling back to the fight, or the whole group dies and then spend 15 minutes regrouping and moving to a target..... I just get frustrated. That time should be filled with non stop action combat.

The great strategy behind the Cyrodiil PvP archetype can persist with such convenience changes.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Skirmishes are hardly comparable to a properly structured PvP battleground.

I'll stick around for Cyrodiil-only PvP as long as travel times are significantly reduced. I'm holding out hopes for player summoning, reinforcement portals, or AoE resurrection via spellcrafting. Forward camps are near useless and cost too much.

Every time I die and have to spend 5 minutes traveling back to the fight, or the whole group dies and then spend 15 minutes regrouping and moving to a target..... I just get frustrated. That time should be filled with non stop action combat.

The great strategy behind the Cyrodiil PvP archetype can persist with such convenience changes.

100% agree tents are waay too expensive.
    don't agree in reducing travel times, via port to player etc... if players don't cross large patches of wild land there's no risk of being ganked, no guerrilla warfare for the small group to try and cut off supplies to the warfront etc.

I know my point of view comes from having a horse day 1... I will concede that no horse players would be very crippled in this... that is a factor for horse prices not travel time. Travel time via moderately apple fed horses is just fine IMO, but horse prices are too high for a Cyrodiil player. Even if there is a horse that is 0 stats to start with and, only usable in Cyrodiil at a lower cost or for high AP points then fine... but taking out the travel risk makes it too easy too zergfest. IMO
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    The PvP is why I bought this game. I haven't gotten this much enjoyment out of a games PvP since DAOC's release personally.

If you guys haven't tried it yet, give Cyrodiil a shot! It can really change how you view PvP even as a strictly PvE player.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

yeah, simple roll breaks the dark talons root, same with stampede immobilize, and quite a few other soft CC... here is the video about what you can break with what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oMCHmPHp0U
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    u calling this pvp? no skills coldown, unbalanced class, no cc immunities, bug , bug and again bug. Pretty horrible
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on May 2, 2014 9:18PM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    u calling this pvp? no skills coldown, unbalanced class, no cc immunities, bug , bug and again bug. Pretty horrible

Umm, there are CC immunities.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Prefer if I could go into PvP and actually find it not spend 30 minutes to an hour to find PvP.
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    No I do not like the PvP
    I'd like a third category, "No, not right now, but maybe soon" for those of us still low level and want to hold off for a bit.
    Edited by Berial_00 on May 2, 2014 9:46PM
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP

yeah, simple roll breaks the dark talons root, same with stampede immobilize, and quite a few other soft CC... here is the video about what you can break with what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oMCHmPHp0U

Srry meant to be little humorous... you CAN roll.. once but it's right back on you again and again. If you have a STA pool of a kindergardener also because you built for other purposes you also have very limeted rolls, blocks and CC break...

IF I can be rooted, stunned and knocked down not to mention drain my STA pool with block... then no root should not be bolt Immune... which is why I say if it is on the same CC break timer as other CCs sure.. but it's not.

I can EITHER roll, block OR CC break, not ALL... (Talons forces at least 2 of those, for example) forget about hitting the healer in the face with a stick lol... bolt is the answer to this dilemma for sorcy at least, untill/if it is a fair RvR in STA use for low STA players. IMO of course.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Talons forces you only to roll... remember that you are trading resources, with the guy who is using the rooting skills. Being vulnerable to close range cc SHOULD be a trade off for the ability to spam more magicka stuff. If one resource can cover everything - heal, mobility, protection from snares and roots, damage, disable - then what would be the point of two resource system? If you focus on magicka, you should suffer on the part where stamina is required... all other classes, except sorc with bolt escape (and vampires until the patch) need to think about the trade offs and resource management in combat. Sorcs with their skill set and in full LA, don't really have resource management issues, aside of occasional hard cc break... No, for the balance sake, they should use the same rules for breaking the roots like others and have stamina sink as well.

Edited by Phoenix99 on May 2, 2014 10:21PM
  • nidriks
    nidriks
    ✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    I was enjoying it until it became all about vampires. Well I do still enjoy it, but the vampire thing needs to go away.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    They really need to do something about the population imbalance....

on Wabbajack low AD low DC High EP...

Yeah surprise!!!!! Whole map is red.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    I love the concept, and realty enjoyed it in Beta but in live I have the following issues
    1) Vampires ruin PvP for me, watching an entire raid get slaughtered is not fun
    2) Balance some classes seem to be much more powerful than others
    3) Difficult to co-ordinate with the rest of the Faction

Personally I hope the fix to Vampires improves PvP and making keeps harder to take - however this may back fire as teams that already hold a lot of keeps will be that much harder to beat.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Talons forces you only to roll... remember that you are trading resources, with the guy who is using the rooting skills. Being vulnerable to close range cc SHOULD be a trade off for the ability to spam more magicka stuff. If one resource can cover everything - heal, mobility, protection from snares and roots, damage, disable - then what would be the point of two resource system? If you focus on magicka, you should suffer on the part where stamina is required... all other classes, except sorc with bolt escape (and vampires until the patch) need to think about the trade offs and resource management in combat. Sorcs with their skill set and in full LA, don't really have resource management issues, aside of occasional hard cc break... No, for the balance sake, they should use the same rules for breaking the roots like others and have stamina sink as well.

I agree with you on trade offs...

As sorcerer I feel bolt is a fair trade to counter talons, but my husband is a Templar and I spend more time trying to heal the guys perma stuck in talons than is fair trade unless you consider my talons break worthy to keep the guys talon locked alive a fair trade.

Many times talons lock occurs.. I break (bolt), I heal then counter via silence ( if it's up)... and try to support focus fire on said DK... DK talons is a priority as much as bats to keep my group in the fight, unlike any other CC/root.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

As sorcerer I feel bolt is a fair trade to counter talons, but my husband is a Templar and I spend more time trying to heal the guys perma stuck in talons than is fair trade unless you consider my talons break worthy to keep the guys talon locked alive a fair trade.

Many times talons lock occurs.. I break (bolt), I heal then counter via silence ( if it's up)... and try to support focus fire on said DK... DK talons is a priority as much as bats to keep my group in the fight, unlike any other CC/root.

Use sorc encase on them, it has higher range and it's also a root like talons. that's one of the good things in the sorc arsenal vs non-vamp DKs. it will keep them in place or burn their stamina.

There is also purge, that removes talons and it's in support tree available to every supportive build and in templar build as well
    Edited by Phoenix99 on May 3, 2014 1:07AM
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    I did for the first couple weeks.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP

Use sorc encase on them, it has higher range and it's also a root like talons. that's one of the good things in the sorc arsenal vs non-vamp DKs. it will keep them in place or burn their stamina.

There is also purge, that removes talons and it's in support tree available to every supportive build and in templar build as well

I respect your advice/input to use CC to counter CC, but I chose mobility to counter CC. I slot only 1 CC (void ultimate). I chose mobility to counter, and I am mostly happy with the trade. I am not happy with being forced into combat (no stealth, no horse, no regen) 3 and 4 times as long as my counter part for the trade, but I deal...

Edit: purge is not sorcerer class based

My CC counter is JUST as viable a choice as others...
    Edited by LadyChaos on May 3, 2014 1:44AM
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    I used too.

Then it became fighting the same builds over and over again and is not fun anymore. I end up sitting inside a keep playing the /flute half the night.
    Igolbug
    V10 R20 Nightblade Ebonheart Pact
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

I respect your advice/input to use CC to counter CC, but I chose mobility to counter CC. I slot only 1 CC (void ultimate). I chose mobility to counter, and I am mostly happy with the trade. I am not happy with being forced into combat (no stealth, no horse, no regen) 3 and 4 times as long as my counter part for the trade, but I deal...

You can use this as any class, it's also good for magicka users to break roots with ease. Again, trade offs. use this and then bolt, or roll and bolt, but not lolbolt from everything.

Alliance War - Support skill tree

[Active] Purge (Instant Cast) - Remove up to two negative effects from nearby allies. Also reduces the duration of negative effects on nearby allies by 50% for 5 seconds (Radius: 12 meter
  • Luxtester
    Luxtester
    No I do not like the PvP
    I generally like the concept of pvp, it feels like an upgraded version of GW2..

However, the current state of PVP is completely and utterly *** so I voted no.
    Bash ***, looks ***
    Batswarm abuse
    zergs of players spamming AOE's and heals just running around farming people and not even bothering with any resources or keeps..

- put in a CC immunity when you get CC'd or just don't allow a CC by the same skill for like 10 seconds after you've been hit by one vs bash idiots out there, you look *** btw.
    - Put a hardcap on reductions for skill use. fixes batulti
    - Put a debuff on vampires after using mistform that STACKS with every use of the skill. Like 15% increased damage from all resources for 10 seconds when mist ends, that'll teach those damn idiots spamming it non stop.

edit: harsh but possibly needed vs zergs grouping up and using turtle tactics or any equivalent: debuffs for staying close to many players for too long

I am a vampire by the way but I just think the currentmechanics ruin the role. I refuse to abuse swarm + mist and I think anyone that does should be punished, reset their AP to 0.

Edited by Luxtester on May 3, 2014 2:31AM
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP

You can use this as any class, it's also good for magicka users to break roots with ease. Again, trade offs. use this and then bolt, or roll and bolt, but not lolbolt from everything.

Alliance War - Support skill tree

[Active] Purge (Instant Cast) - Remove up to two negative effects from nearby allies. Also reduces the duration of negative effects on nearby allies by 50% for 5 seconds (Radius: 12 meter

aside from minimizing "bolt --> talon counter" to "lolbolt"... I appreciate your feedback.

ATM bolt is the #1 counter to talons. We are able to counter it like no one ese, and provide services to our compatriots to survive the 2-3 dodge-rolls out of talon territory... IF you are built with that much STA.. I'm not.

My husband is Templar heals like it's his only purpose in life ( I don't get it but i support healers)... can't survive the multiple talons when he's unlucky enough to be too close to the DK to need multiple dodge/rolls to get out, but he lives when his bolting wife gets out and bubble said DK so he can't AoE spam talons...

Sorc and DK are natural counters... can't nerf one without nerfing other to keep balance IMO. Make root the same timer as all CC break and it's "fair" if not.. need classes that can escape it to keep it balanced.
    Edited by LadyChaos on May 3, 2014 2:31AM
  • tjrichards01_ESO
    Yes I like the PvP
    this game has 100% perfectly balanced pvp ive never seen a game with such balanced pvp before u can counter any class out there. Only thing i dont like about pvp is the worthless babies crying to nerf vampires into the ground, they perfect the way they are, tards just need to learn how to fight them. They die in seconds just like everyone else when ppl decide to fight correctly against them.