Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Do You Like ESO PvP

Oblongship
Oblongship
✭✭✭✭
Simple question.

Do you like it? Do you not like it? Please list a reason for your vote.

Let's give the devs some feedback.
Edited by Oblongship on May 2, 2014 2:16PM

Do You Like ESO PvP 305 votes

Yes I like the PvP
65%
Baphometlimeli8Sykotik_ESOdahl.lucas_ESOThe_DrexillPoxheartKewljag_66_ESOLauraShaggygamingNekOnOkOrealcaged_ESOBrugunGilvothuncarvedblocktrooper_cameron_ESOChampionSheWolftjrichards01_ESOFreshmango55k1llorbek1lledAzarul 200 votes
No I do not like the PvP
34%
TintinabulaTwoScaleSkinZephericrophez_ESORaederBerial_00Darastixbloemer.krb14_ESOdoug_martin05b14_ESOe.gamemarkb14_ESO7788b14_ESOKronzLeeshastryderzzsiksixstringb14_ESOmoXroxHarakhErinyEUBenDrakharLuxtester 105 votes
  • sleepspasmnub18_ESO
    I like it when its not too laggy to play. Haven't tried since Wednesday though.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Certain things I like, such as the actual combat mechanics that are in place, but there is a LOT of balancing, tweaking or w/e of certain player skills and rewarding players with xp/gold for participating in pvp....at least close to on par with what can be had in PvE. Maybe not as much gold, because as some have pointed out....you generally aren't paying out much in pvp on a regular basis. But, the costs of PvE, in terms of gold sinks, aren't really that much IMO.

If you want to quick travel in PvE, that's entirely up to you, but it costs gold when not at a Wayshrine. If you take your butt to a Wayshrine, BOOM, free travel to ANY discovered Wayshine in ANY zone you've been in. If you repair your armor in PvE, and you're not VR10 with all legendary gear, then you're an idiot. It's entirely possible to continue leveling your character with the items looted from npcs along the way. Or, just by crafting a new set from looted items you've decon'd.

Until they fix some bugs, Ult reduction cost gear, make NB more viable in MASS pvp, not just 1v1's or ganks(which it's not really AS viable as Sorc, Temp or DK, if we're being honest). And make PvP a viable way to progress your character, in not only levels, but gold as well. I will continue to dislike the PvP, as a whole, in this game until these things are addressed.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that's its massive and an impressive technical innovation. I like that there is a great need for guild congregation and roles for leader strategy to shine. But no, I don't really like it. I prefer PvP where player skill means something, because it means absolutely nothing in Cyrodiil. You either grief those traveling to the big fight, or you are a spec in giant battle.

I think it would be a lot more enjoyable of the amount of time required to get back into the fight was drastically reduced somehow. Mounting up and traveling to back to the keep you died at is just absurd.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    I used to love it, I can tolerate it now, but pretty much when the crybabies are the ones who say on what goes, that is when I just shake my head.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Right now if I had to vote it would be no.

The delay in weapon swap/skill firing makes it very frustrating.

And I wont even begin to talk about skill imbalance.

As time goes on and they make changes I am hoping to swing to a Yes.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    It needs a lot of balancing, but it has potential. I had a lot of fun pre mass VR vampire BS.

I've posted soemwhere 4 basic things that need to happen. I'll repost that here:

The game drastically needs:

1) more equilibrium in stamina users vs magicka users
    2) more magicka muting skills and magicka draining skills
    3) reliable lockdowns vs high mobility skills (for example while rooted you should not be able to bolt away, mist is already locked)
    4) more detection tools for invis and stealthed targets. Also invis should break on doing dmg to enemy

If every build will have a multitude of reliable counters and where a vast majority of skills will be usable in PvP, then the PvP is balanced. Currently not a lot of skills are PvP applicable and some builds are too good, because they have almost no reliable counter and it requires an extreme amount of co-ordination and use of resources just to bring one down and even then it is difficult.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Phoenix99 wrote: »
    It needs a lot of balancing, but it has potential. I had a lot of fun pre mass VR vampire BS.

I've posted soemwhere 4 basic things that need to happen. I'll repost that here:

The game drastically needs:

1) more equilibrium in stamina users vs magicka users
    2) more magicka muting skills and magicka draining skills
    3) reliable lockdowns vs high mobility skills (for example while rooted you should not be able to bolt away, mist is already locked)
    4) more detection tools for invis and stealthed targets. Also invis should break on doing dmg to enemy

If every build will have a multitude of reliable counters and where a vast majority of skills will be usable in PvP, then the PvP is balanced. Currently not a lot of skills are PvP applicable and some builds are too good, because they have almost no reliable counter and it requires an extreme amount of co-ordination and use of resources just to bring one down and even then it is difficult.

I agree with your list except for the bolded part. There is a detection tool in the game called Mages Light. It increases detection range. NB is probably currently the most underpowered class in comparison to the others. If someone, like myself, invests skill points in medium armor(not to mention the time it takes to level the medium armor to the point where you can get most of the stealth skill passives), and invests points into the racial passives for stealth, you SHOULD have a pretty damn hard time detecting that person. This is NOT true right now. Just get in range and you're pretty much going to detect someone. Oh and when doing damage to another player a "stealthed"/sneaking person DOES break the stealth and if damage is done to the player sneaking it DOES break stealth.
    Edited by Cydone on May 2, 2014 2:54PM
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    You realize that stealth is available to everyone for free, and you need to slot a very specific skill that does not synergize well with all builds just to counter that? also IIRC it does not reveal invis, A NB has a morph that prevents the target from going stealth or invis, so it's one guild skill and one single target class skill.

what about potion users? what about those blinking invis sorcs with bat swarm? the invis needs some tweak, although I agree that without nerfing it to the ground. Reveal on dealing dmg should be enough for the start. More reveals would depend on the developments of the game.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    I like it.

I just think that there needs to be alot of skill fixes and some balancing done.

I still think the rewards and quests need to be looked at and reworked into a way that's fun, atm they are just quests that have to do with PVP, they don't really do anything but give you crap rewards, except the ones you can repeat.

Think i would prefer to be able to loot an enemy, and have hand-ins.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    I only tried PVP once upon hitting level 10 and I loved it. However, I came back to PVE, which I honestly do not enjoy much, because I need to level up.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    You realize that stealth is available to everyone for free, and you need to slot a very specific skill that does not synergize well with all builds just to counter that? also IIRC it does not reveal invis, A NB has a morph that prevents the target from going stealth or invis, so it's one guild skill and one single target class skill.

what about potion users? what about those blinking invis sorcs with bat swarm? the invis needs some tweak, although I agree that without nerfing it to the ground. Reveal on dealing dmg should be enough for the start. More reveals would depend on the developments of the game.

I never said that others didn't have the ability. I'm saying that anyone that invests the skill points into the laughable, yet somewhat valuable, stealth passives via medium armor and racial passives, shouldn't have that investment even MORE devalued by adding in more detection mechanics, especially considering that you ONLY need to get within range to really detect someone as it is.....which is pretty laughable as well. And there is NOTHING that a NB gets that completely negates someones ability to go into sneak(beyond being in combat).

We have a skill called marked target that can be used in stealth, that doesn't break our stealth, that when used on a NON-stealthed person....it will allow that person to be seen only by the NB, when the targeted player goes into sneak/stealth. Same with Path of Darkness(I believe), it can be used while in stealth, on a non-stealthed player, and allows ONLY the NB to "track" that player while they are in sneak and ONLY if the NB is in range of that player.

I also never said anything about the bolt or other things like it. I said I agreed with your list except for the last part, #4.
    Edited by Cydone on May 2, 2014 3:16PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Reveal on dealing dmg should be enough for the start.

Do you even PvP? :|
    Invisibility/stealth drops as soon as you attack a target, as you have already been told.
    Thanks god you are not the one tweaking the stealth in this game.

Edited by Gisgo on May 2, 2014 3:15PM
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Gisgo wrote: »

Invisibility/stealth drops as soon as you attack a target, as you have already been told.

Then apparently there is a bug and dmg ticks from AoE spells like devouring swarm, do not remove invis from the source of the spell. I've seen invis vampire sorcs running around with bat swarm active, and they were not revealed. Attacking from stealth does break it, same goes for the invis skill of NBs when they attack with non-AoE skills.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

Then apparently there is a bug and dmg ticks from AoE spells like devouring swarm, do not remove invis from the source of the spell. I've seen invis vampire sorcs running around with bat swarm active, and they were not revealed. Attacking from stealth does break it, same goes for the invis skill of NBs when they attack with non-AoE skills.
    Dude, that's called Mist Form. Makes you EXTREMELY hard to even see, let alone target. Not stealth/sneak.

EDIT: Oh and ANY attack, for ANY stealthed character, brings them out of stealth.
    Edited by Cydone on May 2, 2014 3:21PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Its called Dark Cloak and its not a bug.
    Know the skills, the counters, and counters to the counters.
    And equip magelight... or dont, if you love me.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 2, 2014 3:19PM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

Dark Cloak only last for 2.5 secs. The way he's talking is that a vamp sorc(not a NB so Dark Cloak doesn't come into play) was using Mist Form....which if you don't know what to look for, and even if you do, if you're in a crowd of ppl you can barely see them if you're lucky....it can seem like they are in stealth.
    Edited by Cydone on May 2, 2014 3:24PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    You mentioned dots NOT removing stealth.
    I explained you why.
    Its up to you to check the skills or just keep babbling here...
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

Maybe read first carefully? Did I say I have a problem with NB Dark Cloak? not really... check this sorc using bat and becoming invis... it starts at 1:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U0rDm-a9Z8&feature=player_detailpage#t=112

I believe you should not be able to become fully invis during the bat swarm and that's a bug, isn't it?

Obviously this vampire is not fully optimized for the ult build up and bat swarm spam, but you can imagine what happens if he gets that optimized to 4 ult cost. Even after the changes to cost reduction it might be an issue, if you combine that with sorc mobility in general.

Besides if there are invis potions, give me reveal potions that reveal more than stealthed people...
    Edited by Phoenix99 on May 2, 2014 3:39PM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

Maybe read first carefully? Did I say I have a problem with NB Dark Cloak? not really... check this sorc using bat and becoming invis... it starts at 1:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U0rDm-a9Z8&feature=player_detailpage#t=112

I believe you should not be able to become fully invis during the bat swarm and that's a bug, isn't it?

Obviously this vampire is not fully optimized for the ult build up and bat swarm spam, but you can imagine what happens if he gets that optimized to 4 ult cost. Even after the changes to cost reduction it might be an issue, if you combine that with sorc mobility in general.

Besides if there are invis potions, give me reveal potions that reveal more than stealthed people...

There are invis potions and they grant like 5 secs of stealth. Not anywhere near being OP and something to complain over. It's not TRUE stealth either, at least not in the same way as sneak/stealth. And there are detect potions as well. But, like the invis, they only last like 5 secs. So, it's balanced.

But it doesn't look like that's what this guy is using. His potion hotbar slot isn't going off when he does it. It's either a Sorc ability or a vamp ability. And if you actually paid attention, he goes stealth for like 2-5 SECONDS. Not like he was perma cloaked/stealthed while doing all that damage.
    Edited by Cydone on May 2, 2014 3:47PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Maybe read first carefully?

Yeah lets read carefully.
    Then apparently there is a bug and dmg ticks from AoE spells like devouring swarm, do not remove invis from the source of the spell.

To this i replied "Dark Cloak".
    Did you even bother checking what does it do? Probably not.

Edited by Gisgo on May 2, 2014 3:48PM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Maybe read first carefully?

Yeah lets read carefully.
    Then apparently there is a bug and dmg ticks from AoE spells like devouring swarm, do not remove invis from the source of the spell.

To this i replied "Dark Cloak".
    Did you even bother checking what does it do? Probably not.

But it's not Dark Cloak man. He posted a video showing what he was talking about. Which was a Sorcerer, not a Nightblade. Sorc's don't have access to Dark Cloak as it's a Nightblade specific ability. It's either something that's LIKE Dark Cloak that either Sorc or Vamp gets or it's Mist Form.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    @‌Cydone

It lasts as long as devouring swarm. I've seen this effect being constant, when constantly spamming devouring swarm.

and how long do you think the detection potion works? 30min? it also last a few seconds, but the detection should also apply to invis, not only stealth.

@‌Gisgo

http://esohead.com/skills/25377-dark-cloak

The skill. It does not state that you should be able to run around invis while doing dmg. Normally when you deal damage you break invis. Simple as that. If not, then it's a broken mechanic.
    Edited by Phoenix99 on May 2, 2014 3:56PM
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    I used to love it, I can tolerate it now, but pretty much when the crybabies are the ones who say on what goes, that is when I just shake my head.

Coming from a vampire? You're the ones to cry tears now, so, you're not really different than those others players.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    @‌Cydone

It lasts as long as devouring swarm. I've seen this effect being constant, when constantly spamming devouring swarm.

and how long do you think the detection potion works? 30min? it also last a few seconds, but the detection should also apply to invis, not only stealth.

Umm, I DID say that the detect potion only lasts a few seconds. And from the video you just posted, it shows the stealth only lasting a few seconds, which is not as long as the persons swarm. So, unless you can show me some actual evidence of what you are saying, I would tend to lean towards it being an isolated incident OR it being Mist Form, where the affect DOES last as long as the Swarm.....but you can barely even see them.

And the detection SHOULDN'T work on invisible. Because the invisible abilities last for seconds.....like 2.5 or 5 seconds. Not 30 seconds or a minute, where you cannot detect them.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP

Coming from a vampire? You're the ones to cry tears now, so, you're not really different than those others players.

I wasn't always a vampire ;)

Please tell me how nerfing Vampire in general is better than getting to the real issue which was ult reduction stacking via DK, Sorc, and Emperor with help from ult reduction sets at times.

When you see vids posted of vampires infinite spamming bat sworm or taking on large amounts of players, how about you pay attention to what classes they are, and how they are Emperors almost always.

Not too hard to connect dots here people...unless the ones who screamed "nerf" are the same who cried about PvP leveling being an exploit.

I'd be completely fine with this action if they actually dealt with ult reduction stacking from certain classes which were the reason we saw these rare cases of ability abuse.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 2, 2014 4:19PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Clouding Swarm (morph)

New effect: Grants invisibility.

Just sayin'
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Dudis wrote: »
    Clouding Swarm (morph)

New effect: Grants invisibility.

Just sayin'

If that is the case, with the upcoming nerf to the swarm/vamp abilities, I think that is completely balanced, or at the very least on the right path to balance. They need to address the Ultimate Reduction gear, as this is the overlying problem right now with these abilities.
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    No I do not like the PvP
    i dont like it! cause of some serious broken mechanics in PVP and leveling. so we are far away from a fair game play. why? because all these loosers who killed one mob over couple of times, they are ahead now, but u cant do it anymore. so thats the first unfair point we talk about. next thing was that quest.... and the list goes on. what will Zenimax do, about ppl who uses broken MMO mechanics to benefit from it. after these mechanics dont work anymore.. they do nothing.. and thats realy pissing me off. what were u thinking? i mean dont u know MMO´s? just take a look a auriels bow... and tell me. there is nothing wrong with it.

i say RESET it.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    i dont like it! cause of some serious broken mechanics in PVP and leveling. so we are far away from a fair game play. why? because all these loosers who killed one mob over couple of times, they are ahead now, but u cant do it anymore. so thats the first unfair point we talk about. next thing was that quest.... and the list goes on. what will Zenimax do, about ppl who uses broken MMO mechanics to benefit from it. after these mechanics dont work anymore.. they do nothing.. and thats realy pissing me off. what were u thinking? i mean dont u know MMO´s? just take a look a auriels bow... and tell me. there is nothing wrong with it.

i say RESET it.
    I literally have no idea what i just read...

Cydone wrote: »
    They need to address the Ultimate Reduction gear, as this is the overlying problem right now with these abilities.
    Indeed.
    Edited by Dudis on May 2, 2014 4:31PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    It's kinda boring. The whole sieging thing is fun for a little while, but it gets stale pretty quick, especially the long ass travel times and the relative uselessness of forward camps. Need some battleground/warzones implemented.