Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Do You Like ESO PvP

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    basic things are broken..I cant plant a forward camp cause there's one nearby?...no..none nearby......I die and my bf dies and he respawns at a forward camp and I cant?..cause its not showing on my map?..while hes standing there looking at it?...this is alpha crap.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Castle sieges are fun for the first two or three, after that its just the same crap over and over....zerg vs zerg vs zerg, never ending. Really gets boring pretty fast, stale, bland. Personally, I hate arenas, but we really need some form of smaller team pvp battlegrounds or something.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    I LOVE ESO PvP. It is without a doubt the shining gem of this game and the thing I have the most fun doing.

That said I get bored of it. I crave small scale PvP like dueling or Arenas.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    basic things are broken..I cant plant a forward camp cause there's one nearby?...no..none nearby......I die and my bf dies and he respawns at a forward camp and I cant?..cause its not showing on my map?..while hes standing there looking at it?...this is alpha crap.

That's a tent bug. There actually IS a tent nearby, but it's not showing up on the map, and won't let anyone spawn in it. If you go hunt around you will find it though.

Agreed it's terribly annoying, but thankfully they do slowly degrade and hopefully an enemy will come by and burn it.

I actually choose not to burn enemy tents now if I see them and no enemy are spawning out of it, because I know it's bugged out.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Qujz wrote: »
    You should`ve put not enough pvp as a choice.

It is a simple question, yes you like it or no...

Not enough could fall under you not liking it.

Please respect the content of the thread instead of random complaining.
  • e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    I would enjoy it more if they could fix the random crashes / disconnects that many players report happening all the time still. While posting this, my room mate has just crashed for the 2nd time in 30 min while in Cyrodiil during a big defensive push against an overwhelming force.

As it is now, there is no campaign pride with so many players on US server hopping around at will, without having to change their guest or home campaign. How? They simply "port to" player from their friend / guild list, so as long as someone is in the campaign they want to join, they can port to them and totally negate the current guesting system.

I feel this is a big reason why we are so lopsided most of the time across 70% of the campaigns today.

Frankly, they need to implement these fixes from 1.1 asap, then end all campaigns early, and restart them with half the total campaigns available.

They also need to add into their system that negates a player's ability to "port to" a guild mate, friend, etc, who is in a different campaign if it is not that player's Home or Guest campaign.
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a middle ground choice.
    I liked it when it was new & everyone sucked, then people started finding the best builds to dominate.
    Now it's only really fun in a huge & organized group.
    I find myself playing it less & less for that reason.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    I -WANT- to like it, I really do, but so far my experiences with pvp have been entirely negative.

Basically my impressions are that if you arent in the veteran ranks, it's an absolute waste of time to join a campaign. They shouldnt even allow us to join at level 10 with how pointless it is, the lowbies (and myself being one of them, dont take it the wrong way) are just causing more lag and getting instagibbed by veteran ranked players.

Beyond that, there is a massive difference between a level 50, a vet 1, and a vet 10. We were told that there would be level equalization between players in cyrodiil, so that all players could experience and enjoy this game's pvp despite level differences. That is soooo not the case right now. A sub 50 will not kill a vet 1; in fact a vet 1 can wipe the floor with 4-5 sub-50 players right now. A vet 10 can literally take on an army of sub-50's by himself.

Unless you like being frustrated to the point of wanting to ragequit the game and cancel your subscription, I suggest never joining pvp until you reach vet 10.

That said, there are also the numerous well known class imbalances that are spread out all over these forums. A nightblade isnt going to kill anyone in group pvp, and even one on one your chances are very low against a dragonknight or sorceror. Dragonknights are damn near immortal with spammable dragon blood, and sorcs have the bolt escape going for them. Templars and nightblades have nothing of the sort.

Beyond class imbalances, we also have a massive issue with ranged vs melee balance. Anyone using a melee weapon is most likely getting the majority of their damage from class abilities and spells, not from weapon abilities. The stamina costs on weapons are too high, the damage they deal is too low, and kiting is too prevalent in pvp to make melee combat viable (unless you're a claw-spamming dragonknight, of course, and even then 90% of your damage is coming from the claws and ardent flame skills, not from weapon abilities).

There's also the glaring issue with weapon abilities using stamina, which is also needed for blocking, bashing, dodging, sprinting, and stealthing. A melee (or bow) combatant has to carefully balance their offense with defense, while anyone using a staff or focusing on spells can spam away their attacks while saving the entirety of their stamina for defense.

I also really, really, REALLY hate running for 30 minutes to get to wherever the action is at, and then being instakilled and having to make the trip all over again. I'm not paying for olympic marathon online, I want to spend my time fighting.

So, end point, I really want to like pvp in this game, the concept is great, but the execution thus far has been extremely disappointing.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on May 8, 2014 1:07AM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    I must be doing something wrong. If i spam Dragon's Blood, my magicka pool gets wrecked in a hurry.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Another thing?...tonight i was greeted with an entire team of DC inside of of an EP controlled keep courtyard (Farragut) on Wabbajack. No outer walls were breached and they kindly introduced me to the dirt. These ppl have figured out athey can make a level ten alt on another faction ... roll DK chains and pull an entire guild into a keep.
    If Zen doesn't address that soon...and I mean very soon..they'll lose subscribers faster than they can say wtfpwnedbybatswarm.

P.S. OH! so patch notes say they're going to make it so you cant have more than one character on any campaign on one account...so..its ok to cheat...if you PAY Zenimax enough money..I think i'm understanding.
    Edited by Tintinabula on May 8, 2014 7:09PM
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Another thing?...tonight i was greeted with an entire team of DC inside of of an EP controlled keep courtyard (Farragut) on Wabbajack. No outer walls were breached and they kindly introduced me to the dirt. These ppl have figured out athey can make a level ten alt on another faction ... roll DK chains and pull an entire guild into a keep.
    If Zen doesn't address that soon...and I mean very soon..they'll lose subscribers faster than they can say wtfpwnedbybatswarm.

P.S. OH! so patch notes say they're going to make it so you cant have more than one character on any campaign on one account...so..its ok to cheat...if you PAY Zenimax enough money..I think i'm understanding.

Not to be a jerk, but did you see them doing this? Or is that your theory on how it happened?

As far as I know you can' have 2 alts on the same pvp server on different factions.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Yes they have been seen and reported and alts on the same pvp server will be ending next patch.(unless you create a separate account ofc.) ...Unless I misunderstood the upcoming patchnotes.
    They've been caught doing this and chased around the keep until we got their name and reported them(and they're from TWO specific DC guilds too)
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    Especially after this weekend, I am more steadfast in my answer of "No" than ever....and it is really sad.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    No, seems i am allways weak in pvp for the following reasons below .... i wish we could dual to learn PVP as its stands now i have very strong solo player but i have never developed techniques because Cyridal is so unbalanced. When the game 1st released and vet players where rare, i wish i learned to pvp... then i would lots of the bonus and an understanding of it. Also, now when i go in its empty or some other faction is controling the whole map but i need to get a to many alliance points to change campaigns.

1. when the game was first released, non-vet got owned by vets but there was no no vet area. I think got 1 lucky kill in after being killed 5 or 10 times. i was either solo or in small groups but there should be something fun to do if ur not in giant zerg.
    2. there is no combat to do where u stand a chance if You arent in a big group/guild.
    3. it cost too much or takes too long to change campaigns.
    4. Now, I havent seen a person in months, but i dont look for them either because now i have decided i dont like pvp.

For those experienced with it might be fun, but the learning curve is huge... they need a some sort PVP that is smaller 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 & 4 vs 4 areas. if i could jump in something like i could work on a pvp build.

PVP is one of my biggest disappointments with ESO. At this time i am maxing crafting, working on Ach and leveling to 12. So there are lots of fun things to do, but some day, maybe month, maybe 3 months, PVP will be the only thing left to do. When that happens i hope it is either improved or there is some way i find to enjoy it.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No I do not like the PvP
    these flame trains are what are ruining it atm, make it a 12-18 hit AoE cap and keep HEALING AoE cap at 7. that way one healer cant keep 30 people alive due to cap exploitation.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like the PvP
    Phoenix99 wrote: »
    It needs a lot of balancing, but it has potential. I had a lot of fun pre mass VR vampire BS.

I've posted soemwhere 4 basic things that need to happen. I'll repost that here:

The game drastically needs:

1) more equilibrium in stamina users vs magicka users
    2) more magicka muting skills and magicka draining skills
    3) reliable lockdowns vs high mobility skills (for example while rooted you should not be able to bolt away, mist is already locked)
    4) more detection tools for invis and stealthed targets. Also invis should break on doing dmg to enemy

If every build will have a multitude of reliable counters and where a vast majority of skills will be usable in PvP, then the PvP is balanced. Currently not a lot of skills are PvP applicable and some builds are too good, because they have almost no reliable counter and it requires an extreme amount of co-ordination and use of resources just to bring one down and even then it is difficult.

So basically you want to be able to lock down all builds other than your own?