The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• RKLimes
    RKLimes
    ✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Did I miss something, or did they really not address the no search option in the guild store? I know there is an add on, but I don't use them. Never will. There needs to be an official fix for this.

This.
    Also guild store filters don't even work.

Select materials, see weapons, ect..

Make guild stores a priority please! I don't want to have to sell via Zone spam. I'd like to post my wares, and play the game...
  • cucmw5ub17_ESO
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Things are being balanced around PvE if you didnt notice.
    Good choice. The majority of the players are PVE players. Imagine the outrage if they would balance around Cyrodiil. The only way to make both happy would be to split the skills (making skills have seperate properties in Cyrodiil and in PvE)

Where is your evidence and basis for your grand and omniscient data on what the "majority of players" are playing the game for? That's the dumbest assumption I've seen made all week, right up there with "If you're having bugs and I'm not, you're the one doing something wrong."

The lag in Cyrodil is pervasive. The loading screens largely intolerable. Vampires are unbalancing the whole point of rolling any class for its playstyle. The largest zone in the game where there's scaled content and player-owned keeps should be a glaring and obvious case for ESO being primarily a PvP game. Take your raiding back to WoW please. =x

• Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    Medwin wrote: »
    "An Adventure Zone designed for groups of four Veteran Rank characters to explore, located between Cyrodiil and Skyrim."

Isn't Craglorn in Hammerfell.... WHY DO YOU HATE HAMMERFELL!!

For Arkay's sake, here is a map from the first elder scrolls game. You guys keep acting like Hammerfell doesn't even exist.

Tamriel_map_arena.jpg

So far in ESO you have the DC Cyrodiil gates be called High Rock, the region does not even touch Cyrodiil. You have the Imperials like 2/3rds of the way into Hammerfell while everyone else battles them on the border, heck you moved Evermore into Hammerfell... You obviously hate Hammerfell for some reason.

So I repeat can you please tell me why you hate Hammerfell?? Do you just hate Redguards a ton? By the way, all this crap about Redguards having to give up land due to a necromancer summoning some corpses was never an issue before now. Now they just have to turn tail and run from Necromancers or be outcasted and dishonored. What!?

Elder Scrolls VI will take place in Hammerfell. ZOS wants to stay out of the zone to avoid any conflicts with Bethesda's design.

Source: I'm Todd Howard (trust me)
    idiot
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires are unbalancing the whole point of rolling any class for its playstyle.

how are they unbalanced? i mean...they are bugged into oblivion...but how are they unbalanced?
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue with several area-of-effect abilities where they could erroneously hit an unlimited number of targets.

You people are all blind. This is the worst change any game can ever make. This is an extremely slimy and disgusting way to sneak something like this is in and not address it at all. This is zos trying to hide major game changes without addressing the community as to why they are changing it. We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

This single change will make this game general and absolutely destroy the ability of small groups to take on larger groups of enemies. THEY MENTIONED IN ALMOST EVERY INTERVIEW THAT SMALLER GROUPS COULD KILL LARGER GROUPS. I am sorry but without having a reasoning behind this I can no longer support this game. This needs to seriously be reversed or make the damage worthwhile because aoe abilities already hit for jacksh*t.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    "An Adventure Zone designed for groups of four Veteran Rank characters to explore, located between Cyrodiil and Skyrim."

For Arkay's sake, here is a map from the first elder scrolls game. You guys keep acting like Hammerfell doesn't even exist.

Tamriel_map_arena.jpg

So far in ESO you have the DC Cyrodiil gates be called High Rock, the region does not even touch Cyrodiil. You have the Imperials like 2/3rds of the way into Hammerfell while everyone else battles them on the border, heck you moved Evermore into Hammerfell... You obviously hate Hammerfell for some reason.

So I repeat can you please tell me why you hate Hammerfell?? Do you just hate Redguards a ton? By the way, all this crap about Redguards having to give up land due to a necromancer summoning some corpses was never an issue before now. Now they just have to turn tail and run from Necromancers or be outcasted and dishonored. What!?

lol they don't hate Hammerfell. They changed a whole lot in all areas. All of winterhold is missing from Skyrim for example.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    Halorin wrote: »
    I like how Werewolf actually gets nerfed, given the sorry state it's in.

Couldn't believe it my self.

NVM, I was wrong.
    Edited by Tyr on April 25, 2014 11:46PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

Tamriel_map_arena.jpg

lol they don't hate Hammerfell. They changed a whole lot in all areas. All of winterhold is missing from Skyrim for example.

Winterhold is in Skyrim, or are you talking the area in this game?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TAKE MY MONEY!

Well I guess if this isn't proof for all the haters that ZOS are working on things I don't know what else they need. Some really amazing patch notes... just wow.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Haduis
    Haduis
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    There goes my weekend ... :D

This won't be out for a little while, unless you're just excited to test it on the PTS.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haduis wrote: »

This won't be out for a little while, unless you're just excited to test it on the PTS.

It's the latter, and I just realize there goes mine as well.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Haduis
    Haduis
    ✭✭✭
    Morkulth wrote: »
    Fixed an issue with several area-of-effect abilities where they could erroneously hit an unlimited number of targets.

You people are all blind. This is the worst change any game can ever make. This is an extremely slimy and disgusting way to sneak something like this is in and not address it at all. This is zos trying to hide major game changes without addressing the community as to why they are changing it. We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

This single change will make this game general and absolutely destroy the ability of small groups to take on larger groups of enemies. THEY MENTIONED IN ALMOST EVERY INTERVIEW THAT SMALLER GROUPS COULD KILL LARGER GROUPS. I am sorry but without having a reasoning behind this I can no longer support this game. This needs to seriously be reversed or make the damage worthwhile because aoe abilities already hit for jacksh*t.

This is a big *** deal, especially for PvP. We need to raise a stink about this.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Tamriel_map_arena.jpg

yeah, in ESO the entire area north of winhelm is under water and theres an odd huge island east of skyrim for some reason instead.
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to read something on armor decay.

*other than 'Reduced the amount of item durability loss while in group combat situations' of course. -- Was hoping that would be more broad and not just in group combat. Unless I'm misreading it.

@Morkulth‌ You're a ninja
    Edited by Knottypine on April 26, 2014 12:03AM
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    Knottypine wrote: »
    I was hoping to read something on armor decay.
    It is there. Under Combat changes. It is the second line.
    Edit: Reduced the amount of item durability loss while in group combat situations (such as dungeons.)
    Edited by Morkulth on April 26, 2014 12:02AM
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Sirlex
    Sirlex
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more. Freaking slimy disgusting way to try to sneak in a change on people hoping they won't notice till its off of PTS.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem with the aoe cap. Unlimited AOE is gamebreaking. It made certain AOE abilities way too powerful
    Edited by Malediktus on April 26, 2014 12:08AM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    We have been testing on the PTS and every and I mean EVERY aoe ability only hits 6 targets (Yes this is healing spells AND ULTIMATES as well).

What the frak? They limited PBAOE(!!!!) impulse which is a real aggro-magnet to just 6 targets? Are you fraking kidding me? If so then it should have increassed damage...
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem with the aoe cap. Unlimited AOE is gamebreaking
    Let me know how elder siege online is like. I don't play this game to sit behind a siege weapon and shoot artillery at random targets. I play this game and many others play this game to have groups of 4-20 take on groups of 20-100. That is what really creates memories in PvP.

World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Haduis wrote: »

It's the latter, and I just realize there goes mine as well.

I think you mean there goes the next 7-10 days! My poor horse is probably gonna starve!
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AoE cap is a horrible incentive for the zergs. Eso is a fail , that s all
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on April 26, 2014 12:12AM
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    They didn't nerf bolt escape?.....Faith lost.

For real looking at the class changes just makes me sad...they really screwed pvp over and let OP skills like bolt escape stick around...

Faith is def damaged in their ability to see what needs addressing on their classes.
    Edited by Oblongship on April 26, 2014 12:23AM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me know how elder siege online is like. I don't play this game to sit behind a siege weapon and shoot artillery at random targets. I play this game and many others play this game to have groups of 4-20 take on groups of 20-100. That is what really creates memories in PvP.
    A group of 4-20 shouldnt be able to beat a group of 40-100 unless they are absolutly horrible. Zenimax doesnt want people to ragequit because they got wiped by small groups. Coordinated play is very strong already, no need to make it unbeatable because of no AoE cap. Large uncoordinated groups should be able to stand a chance against tiny coordinated groups.
    Edited by Malediktus on April 26, 2014 12:27AM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    That's great :heart_eyes:
  • Caelo
    Caelo
    ✭✭✭

Tamriel_map_arena.jpg

yeah, in ESO the entire area north of winhelm is under water and theres an odd huge island east of skyrim for some reason instead.
    Not really. On the large map of Tamriel Eastmarch is a pretty large selectable region and a bit square like, but if you take the map of Eastmarch you'll notice the shape doesn't match at all. This is because the entire landmass north of Windhelm isn't drawn on that particular map. They should have made the selectable region on the Tamriel map smaller and fit the actual playable area, but then it would have probably been harder to select. I think in time the area north of Windhelm will be in the game as well, but only if people keep paying ZOS :wink:
    Also the "odd huge island east of skyrim" is most likely Vvardenfell, which is where most of ES:Morrowind took place
  • hamaneb18_ESO
    hamaneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Everyone, please remember that these notes are specifically for the PTS, and are not the same notes you'll see on the live server. It's very likely that items will be edited and/or added in between the time it's being tested on the PTS, and when it will be available for everyone to play.

why havent you adressed all the non working skills the nightblade have? active AND passive ones.
  • spokenworddb14_ESO
    spokenworddb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    While the patch notes point to some welcome improvements/fixes I cannot objectively imagine one good thing about an AOE cap of 6. This is a bad idea which is only made worse by the upcoming release of Craglorn.

Basically a healer in a party of 12 or 24 won't even be able to affect more than 6 people with an AOE heal. Not to mention the PVP implications. I do not see the wisdom of this direction....

Not feeling very confident in long term sub at the moment. Hope this gets reviewed by the dev team and corrected.
  • merwanoreb17_ESO

Tamriel_map_arena.jpg

That is Solstheim, from the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind and the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim. Wintdhelm is in ESO, but Winterhold is further north on that first tip on the map.

And remember, this takes place like a thousand years before Skyrim, so country borders may be different than in previous games. And they probably have changed things around a bit to make things fit more together. It is not like the map for tamriel has never been changed before. The map from Arena is old and outdated, and should be discarded.
  • spokenworddb14_ESO
    spokenworddb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    A group of 4-20 shouldnt be able to beat a group of 40-100 unless they are absolutly horrible. Zenimax doesnt want people to ragequit because they got wiped by small groups. Coordinated play is very strong already, no need to make it unbeatable because of no AoE cap. Large uncoordinated groups should be able to stand a chance against tiny coordinated groups.

I agree 100% with Morkulth here. Blanket changes often cause more problems than they solve. Large uncoordinated groups are not "entitled" to beat smaller coordinated groups via an in game nerf to AOE. If they want to "stand a chance" against a smaller coordinated force utilizing strategy they should expected to play better, develop skills and use coordinated play.

This change hurts more than it helps.. #badmove
  • Thiefy
    Thiefy
    Soul Shriven

I agree 100% with Morkulth here. Blanket changes often cause more problems than they solve. Large uncoordinated groups are not "entitled" to beat smaller coordinated groups via an in game nerf to AOE. If they want to "stand a chance" against a smaller coordinated force utilizing strategy they should expected to play better, develop skills and use coordinated play.

This change hurts more than it helps.. #badmove

Agree 100%. This is turning into GW2 with the 5 person AOE cap. Zerg's be rolling if this happens :neutral_face: