The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restoring Missing Bank Slots/Items & Skill Points

• Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for me when I logged in, hopefully soon.

Just knowing people are getting the funds to fix the bank slot issue is good for me. I don't really care if it takes them a while to get to everyone.

Knowing for sure the slot issue is fixed is really the main thing.

I can be snarky at times about bad csr issues, so gotta also say thanks when they respond finally. Thank you for posting the update.
    Edited by Etchesketch on April 19, 2014 5:44PM
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I would settle for my bank slots restored, that's the least they could do!

Same here. I saw one moderator stated the bank slots had been restored today, yet I am still missing the 50 slots I had added.

Yes, that moderator was @ZOS_GinaBruno who is the same one who started this thread. However, I replied to the ticket that was already opened last weekend concerning this and have not received a response nor return of the gold used to purchase the bank inventory slots. It has probably been close to 24 hours since the patch went into effect and 20 hours since I replied to the email concerning my open ticket for missing bank slots.

It would be nice to get an ETA. Edit: after all I get plenty of quick responses when I report gold spammers which fill up my inbox.
    Edited by idk on April 19, 2014 5:44PM
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    Has anyone even gotten anything back by now? I haven't even gotten any gold back...

Will the gold for the bank slots be send by mail, or end up in bank?

Besides, I lost no skill points and my ticket should actually contain my account-name autoamtically, since it came from my account - and also the info that I am on the EU server.

So, can we plunder the double-triple-quadro mail sets then?
    Edited by Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO on April 19, 2014 5:46PM
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone in this forum even read?
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • quatzacoatlb16_ESO
    Ive sent several messages now that i have lost items from bank, items and gold from atleast 2 chars (that i kow cos i played those the most) And i always get te standard reply, once on the phone they told me i could have been hacked too, so i even made a ticket that i might have been hacked and still just automated stuff.

But none of my items and gold back....
  • Greenbone
    Greenbone
    I received a response to my most recent ticket today claiming the upcoming patch will fix the bank problems and ..... blah blah blah. Was very long so not going to cut paste it. Point being, wondering if the moderator can look into it, seeing as how s/he is looking into others as well.
    Ticket number is 140418-041059
    The response I received also claimed they sent me gold, I have not noticed any. I am ok with having lost items and bank spots replaced by gold but I have not received any like the mail claims, and this response worries me because the upcoming patch it mentions happened yesterday =/.
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever may be monitoring this, any ideas, or could you look into it for me?
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    Putok wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thanks for your patience. We'd like to clarify a few things for you:

When we stated that you should provide what went missing in terms of bank slots, items, gold, or skill points, you only need to state which of these went missing in the general sense. We don't require you to list out specific item names or exactly how many bank slots. If you were missing bank slots specifically, you should expect to receive gold to re-purchase your slots, and not the actual slots themselves.

At this time, it is safe to purchase bank slots in-game regardless if you lost any, as the original issue has been fixed. For those that are missing slots, doing so will not void previous missing slot compensation.

Finally, our Support Team will be handling these requests as they receive them - it will not be done in a future patch. Support has already begun to respond to these tickets, but please understand that due to heavy volume, it will take some time to get through all of them.

Hope this helps! We'll update the first post in this thread with this information as well.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear I can start buying slots again while I wait for CS to fix my issue.

Any word on what we should do with extra maps and pets? CS has told people it was ok to keep them as an extra bonus to make up for the hassle. Is this accurate?
    Looking into this now. Just to clarify, it's only pets and maps?

Correct. In my case one extra set of imp ed and exp pack stuff. I know where I have it all stashed, so it's easy to delete if need be.

Edit: And Pledges of Mara. I figure the pledges are the only thing that might be a little iffy. The rest of it doesn't provide any substantial advantage. Even the rings are pretty minor.
    Edited by Putok on April 19, 2014 6:09PM
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I do not want to have to put in another petition but, I forgot to mention the Exp. pack x 2 still sitting in my mail.
    Are they going to remove them for us or do we delete them so as not to cause more issues? I do not want them but have no clue what to do with them either.
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    Support has already begun to respond to these tickets, but please understand that due to heavy volume, it will take some time to get through all of them.

Just more lies.

140403-006971

See that 140403 number? That means April 3rd, before the game was even released.

It is also WEEKS before the majority of your tickets. That places me WAY ahead of you guys in line.

You know how much of my account has been restored?

NOTHING.

I mean seriously how many people can be ahead of me? It really can not be that many because it was such a rare bug nobody would believe it existed.

So guess what, you guys got a LONG wait.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    I called and waited for support who were all apologetic. He got my info said he would look then could not do anything for me and said to watch my mail for someone to contact me.

What a waste it was telling you to contact support who seems not able to do anything about ot anyway.

Monday I plan to be calling actual zenimax business offices to get some traction is this is not corrected.
    Edited by Daverios on April 19, 2014 6:47PM
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭

yes, hence we are here... /facepalm unless some of us are only here to look at the strange symbols all over the page?

@ZOS_GinaBruno;

ty for the update. i am starting to see a few people getting responses so my ire of the previous evening is ebbing.

its good to see some movement on this front but much of our anger/frustration stems from the fact that we are being told different things by different departments! for the love of all things good, please get your teams on the same page!

im hoping i will see some restitution soon so i can revisit my decision to can my subscription.
    Edited by lichmeister on April 19, 2014 7:12PM
  • Ospoon
    Ospoon
    ✭✭
    I don't feel comfortable posting all of the details in the public forum, so i'm re-posting the messages sent, minus the personal information.

Please note this is my alternate account that was affected in two ways, the first being the loss of 10 bank slots and between 8-10k gold. All the items re-appeared. It's now been a week with no resolution.

Original Ticket #: Incident: 140412-007603

Upon investigation, you'll likely find that the account has also been improperly suspsended. I have tried to think of any possible provocation for the suspension, and the only thing I can come up with is having received multiple emails with the CE Explorer items attached as having flagged as duplicates in your system. I submitted this ticket yesterday, and have yet to receive any response whatsoever, even automated:

Original Ticket #: Incident: 140418-066089

It's getting to be a little exasperating chasing this stuff down, and i'm spending more time becoming frustrated over things out of my control and not of my doing, than enjoying the actual game. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting really tired of the inventory juggling I have to do because of the lost inventory slots.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on April 19, 2014 7:18PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ospoon wrote: »
    Original Ticket #: Incident: 140412-007603

Original Ticket #: Incident: 140418-066089

WoW that's crazy, 60k tickets submitted in 1 week to ZOS.
    All things considered they are doing a great job.
  • JaeGuan
    JaeGuan
    Has anyone else received their compensatory gold yet? Or is that guy lying how CS put gold into his account? Please update us :D
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Girl not guy. If you read the thread you'll see other people confirming they too have had the same.
    Edited by Mememe on April 19, 2014 7:36PM
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭

yes, hence we are here... /facepalm unless some of us are only here to look at the strange symbols all over the page?

I was talking to the several people posting directly after ZoS and complaining that they had not had their slots repaired. Because they obviously didn't bother to read any of the posts since yesterday saying there would be no slot fixing, only the return of gold to compensate instead.

• anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭
    I, too, have received a resolution (gold for the lost slots) around noon today. So hang in there, they are working through them!
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaeGuan wrote: »
    Has anyone else received their compensatory gold yet? Or is that guy lying how CS put gold into his account? Please update us :D

Yes, I received an email from CS today telling me that they would deposit an appropriate amount of gold to cover lost items. After reading the email I logged in and the gold was deposited into my account and I have now used that gold to upgrade my bank slots.

They have to review each account individually so I imagine this is quite labor intensive for them. Keep the faith everyone.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• quatzacoatlb16_ESO

I dont want compensatory gold i want MY gold and all MY items back i dont want the monetary value they assign to my lost items

for instance i lost ALOT (in my opinion ofc) of craft items like embroidery , pitch, hemming and the epic stuff etc. So i would like those items back and not just gold instead of them (i ofc want my lost gold back too obv cos it was almost 30k wich is alot for me :p) cos those items vary alot in prices depending on wich guild you are in

• rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well...its good to see evidence of Zenimax dealing with the issue now......

I'm just curious as to what to do with the duplicate pre-order items (pets+maps) that I was sent at the same time as losing my bank slots. Do I bin them? Use them?
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 8:03PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭

I dont want compensatory gold i want MY gold and all MY items back i dont want the monetary value they assign to my lost items

for instance i lost ALOT (in my opinion ofc) of craft items like embroidery , pitch, hemming and the epic stuff etc. So i would like those items back and not just gold instead of them (i ofc want my lost gold back too obv cos it was almost 30k wich is alot for me :p) cos those items vary alot in prices depending on wich guild you are in

Well you will be waiting a long time. I think half of the QQ's on here will realise their "offer" in comparison to what you lost is very generous. If the amount they give for a couple of bank slots is anything to go by....

You should have plenty of gold to rebuy these items and money to spare.....it's the quickest way for them to solve it. If there is some majorly rare, or unique item. Then they said they can do that on a case by case basis but it will take time.
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭

I was talking to the several people posting directly after ZoS and complaining that they had not had their slots repaired. Because they obviously didn't bother to read any of the posts since yesterday saying there would be no slot fixing, only the return of gold to compensate instead.

hehe sorry & no offense intended. i just find sick amusement in someone asking in text if we can read ;) it's like being asked if you are awake!

i am happy to hear people checking in with us that restitution is under way!
    Edited by lichmeister on April 19, 2014 8:10PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's fine, because they've said that those who aren't satisfied with the gold can contact them to look into getting the actual items back.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭

hehe sorry & no offense intended. i just find sick amusement in someone asking in text if we can read ;) it's like being asked if you are awake!

No probs.. I should have quoted one of them, or explained it better.

The threads move so fast it's tough to watch a linear conversation.

Edited by Etchesketch on April 19, 2014 8:12PM
  • Sammael
    Sammael
    Mememe wrote: »
    I am VERY happy with the outcome. I logged onto my toon and they had significantly more gold dropped into their inventory than 2x bank slot upgrades and I mean significantly more.

Won my faith back.

All well and good for some, but amongst my missing items were many stacks of 100 of craft upgrades like Honing Stones, Hemming, Embroidery, runes, Alch plants, and so forth. Since I didn't want to outlevel my guildies, I spent a GREAT deal of time farming for items to deconstruct and level crafting. I would assume we would be compensated with say, the amount we could get if we vendored the items. Would you be happy if you accidentally vendored a stack of high demand craft goods and couldn't get them back, nor the time it took you to gather them?

They would win my faith back if they not only made me WHOLE, meaning put my character back to the state he was before stuck by the bug (all gold, skill points, AND items), but also apologized for the abhorrent way in which this whole fiasco was handled. How many times have they flip-flopped saying we WONT get our stuff back, we WILL get our stuff back, we WONT, now we WILL get some gold but not the items?

I have already canceled, but I am paying attention in case there's some miracle that wins me back. This "here's some extra gold but your items and time are gone, oh well" method won't do the trick.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got back the value of my items and upgrades in the form of gold, logging in to see that money was most pleasant and I now have a nice 110 bank slots again.

Thank you for the fix and compensation ZOS, you've kept this player very happy.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Attronach
    Attronach
    ✭✭
    Do I have resend petition if there no single response in my inbox?

Original Ticket #: Incident: 140419-041277
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Sammael wrote: »
    Mememe wrote: »
    I am VERY happy with the outcome. I logged onto my toon and they had significantly more gold dropped into their inventory than 2x bank slot upgrades and I mean significantly more.

Won my faith back.

All well and good for some, but amongst my missing items were many stacks of 100 of craft upgrades like Honing Stones, Hemming, Embroidery, runes, Alch plants, and so forth. Since I didn't want to outlevel my guildies, I spent a GREAT deal of time farming for items to deconstruct and level crafting. I would assume we would be compensated with say, the amount we could get if we vendored the items. Would you be happy if you accidentally vendored a stack of high demand craft goods and couldn't get them back, nor the time it took you to gather them?

They would win my faith back if they not only made me WHOLE, meaning put my character back to the state he was before stuck by the bug (all gold, skill points, AND items), but also apologized for the abhorrent way in which this whole fiasco was handled. How many times have they flip-flopped saying we WONT get our stuff back, we WILL get our stuff back, we WONT, now we WILL get some gold but not the items?

I have already canceled, but I am paying attention in case there's some miracle that wins me back. This "here's some extra gold but your items and time are gone, oh well" method won't do the trick.

You know what people say about those who assume...

You haven't read their response have you? The gold they give you will be sufficient to replace your lost items through AH or trade, etc.

If you really are still unhappy they will look at it on a case by case basis to restore items but it will take longer as it is a laborious process.

They do apologise in the compensation ticket.

If only people would read posts properly and drop the red mist, half of your questions have been answered.
  • Ftailz
    Ftailz
    Hello to whom it concerns...
    Original Ticket #: Incident: 140409-075126
    I still have no received any compensation, willing and hopeful...