The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Restoring Missing Bank Slots/Items & Skill Points

• stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    Atleast you got some response. My tickets have been totally ignored not even a copy and paste response...
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Bank slots and gold still not restored and another ticket sent in again.
    I don't care what items I have lost due to this bug I just want my bank slots and gold back.
  • Xanportal
    Xanportal
    140419-017008

Maybe now the week and a bit of hearing "Five-fold venerations my friend. Youv'e come to make a deposit, yes?" Will finally be over. Only logged in to check if the bug has been fixed since it happened.
  • karstenb16_ESO7
    karstenb16_ESO7
    ✭✭✭
    Dear CS,

I just received an e-mail thanking me for my patience and telling me that patch 1.0.4 has solved the problems with the missing bank slots and items. These problems should no longer occur in the future.

Great, and what about my missing 30 bank slots? The patch did not return them!

Not a single word on how you plan to restore them.

Please stop treating this game like a single player offline game. This game costs a monthly fee to play, it's a service. And right now we are not being served properly. People want to play now, they have paid for that service with their purchase of the game and the 30 days of play time that came with it. But they cannot do so properly.

I spend half my time just organizing character and bank inventory. That is ridiculous. And from reading through the many threads on this forum I am by far not alone. Most people just want to know if they can safely spend money on new bank slots now without messing with the restoration of their lost bank slots.

You would do us all a big favor by just telling us what your plans are.

By not doing so you're effectively telling us that there is no plan. And that is the worst you ca do.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Delte wrote: »
    Bank slots and gold still not restored and another ticket sent in again.
    I don't care what items I have lost due to this bug I just want my bank slots and gold back.
    I'm in the same boat, although much more simplified. I have lost quite a lot of gold (44k -/+) and 10 bank slots. Hopefully it will be restored soon.

• Xaltotun
    Xaltotun
    ✭✭
    Atleast you got some response. My tickets have been totally ignored not even a copy and paste response...

Yeah, same here. I feel like I'm tossing them into a digital hole.

• cody_ESO
    cody_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    How can it possibly take this long to tell us whether we can buy new slots while waiting for restoration?

8+ days of 60 bank slots. Plenty of people have spent longer than that. Now that the problem has been fixed I feel like I'm getting penalized for the bug twice since I have to wait around for you to tell me whether or not I can upgrade my bank without worrying about it being overwritten whenever someone finally gets around to addressing my original ticket.
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Right I have an email this morning. Mine was fairly simple, I didn't lose anything, just the gold splashed out on 2 upgrades.

Things won't be being restored. You will however get an appropriate amount of compensation in game via gold to compensate you for your losses. The email says...

****Thank you for your patience while we investigated this item loss issue. We understand that item loss is extremely frustrating. We wanted to ensure all possible avenues were exhausted before attempting a resolution. We have identified the cause of the item loss and this should be solved in the upcoming patch.

In your case, restoring the individual lost items lost would take significant additional time. Therefore, instead of restoring individual items that are easily replaceable in game, we are adding an appropriate amount of gold to your account to make up for the lost items. Please use this gold in game to replace your lost items at your discretion from vendors or other players. We apologize for any inconvenience this resolution may cause, but we believe this is the fastest way for you to recover the value of your lost items. We you hope find the gold we have added to your account a sufficient resolution to this issue. ********

I am VERY happy with the outcome. I logged onto my toon and they had significantly more gold dropped into their inventory than 2x bank slot upgrades and I mean significantly more.

Won my faith back.
    Edited by Mememe on April 19, 2014 10:10AM
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Mememe wrote: »
    Right I have an email this morning. Mine was fairly simple, I didn't lose anything, just the gold splashed out on 2 upgrades.

Things won't be being restored. You will however get an appropriate amount of compensation in game via gold to compensate you for your losses. The email says...

****Thank you for your patience while we investigated this item loss issue. We understand that item loss is extremely frustrating. We wanted to ensure all possible avenues were exhausted before attempting a resolution. We have identified the cause of the item loss and this should be solved in the upcoming patch.

In your case, restoring the individual lost items lost would take significant additional time. Therefore, instead of restoring individual items that are easily replaceable in game, we are adding an appropriate amount of gold to your account to make up for the lost items. Please use this gold in game to replace your lost items at your discretion from vendors or other players. We apologize for any inconvenience this resolution may cause, but we believe this is the fastest way for you to recover the value of your lost items. We you hope find the gold we have added to your account a sufficient resolution to this issue. ********

I am VERY happy with the outcome. I logged onto my toon and they had significantly more gold dropped into their inventory than 2x bank slot upgrades and I mean significantly more.

Won my faith back.

Its nice to see someone get something out of this debacle.

Some of us though are still waiting. I find myself not being able to play or enjoy the game at present because I am in a catch 22 situation. No more bank space because its been reduced, back packs full. Along with the gold I had saved up to buy a horse upgrade.

All I can do is make new characters and not use the bank, and all the while loosing the 30 free days given to me and if this is not resolved soon I will be paying money for a game I can not play or enjoy.

• Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    I've been waiting nearly two weeks too...I imagine they one, wanted to fix it first, then two, needed to decide what's the best way to compensate those who have lost items.

Seen as my ticket was probably one of the first in (I have seen many, many more who came here after me). I may have been one of the first to get a resolution.

My post was merely to highlight and maybe put an end to the speculation of restoration/rollbacks. It would seem we are in fact getting gold and they are following through with the promise immediately.
  • Guldendraak
    Guldendraak
    ✭✭

Won my faith back.

I'm glad you're happy and to be honest, the longer this thing is drawn out, the more I just want my 110 bank slots back and for my bank to be stable (no more chances of it being trashed).

Here's hoping CS continue to get more of us back to our original bank size soon.

• andrantos
    andrantos
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting nearly two weeks too...I imagine they one, wanted to fix it first, then two, needed to decide what's the best way to compensate those who have lost items.

Seen as my ticket was probably one of the first in (I have seen many, many more who came here after me). I may have been one of the first to get a resolution.

My post was merely to highlight and maybe put an end to the speculation of restoration/rollbacks. It would seem we are in fact getting gold and they are following through with the promise immediately.

Thank you for your updates. So it seems we should all expect gold. I'm cool with that and appreciate their honesty as to why they resorted to gold as opposed to actual items.

• Deutonus
    Deutonus
    When are we supposed to expect compensation? I've yet to receive any form of reimbursement or notification about the issue since patch. I'm reading some people receiving a letter with gold, but how are they even making an adequate determination of gold? Do we all get the same amount? As stated before, we didn't keep a record of what items went missing.
    I'm certainly still missing some things and would like a general idea as to how things will be rectified.
  • Thol
    Thol
    ✭✭
    I replied to my ticket# 140414-049987 with the requested information:
    • UserID
    • Email address for your account
    • Character affected
    • What went missing (bank slots, items, gold, or skill points)
    No answer yet since last night.
    I don't know which particular items I lost, I don't have an eidetic memory.

We should get additional game time as a compensation, I haven't been able to play for a week myself, and other players for even longer than that.
    It's the least you could do.
    Edited by Thol on April 19, 2014 10:58AM
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Thol wrote: »
    We should get additional game time as a compensation, I haven't been able to play for a week myself, and other players for even longer than that.
    I would also say that would be reasonable. I think returning peoples bank slots in gold is a great idea, its simple and you can still do it even if people have gone ahead and upgraded their banks again after they lost them. But I don't want to be compensated for the bugs and poor support in gold. That would just be robbing me of gameplay in addition to game time.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent an email yesterday when I first saw the patch notes where it said to contact CS because the patch wouldn't itself return the bank slots and got a canned reply that seemed to suggest they were aware of the bug and were working on it.

So I replied and explained that, no, the bug WAS fixed, but CS had to work with us on getting our slots back. "Micheal"'s reply was blank. The message was sent back to me and the only difference is that my ticket is now escalated.

Since they advertise they try to get back to people measured in business days and since this weekend is a holiday, I'm sure I'll still have 60 bank slots all weekend.

Thanks for nothing Zenimax, you're quickly climbing the ladder that is my sh*list. Will you dethrone Wargaming? Only time will tell.
  • sin099eb17_ESO
    Did anyone at all actually get this resolved ?
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for my bank slots to be restored.

I have had several conversations via email with support on the matter:

Reference # 140413-084841
    Reference # 140412-061477
    Reference # 140412-061377

Please fix this. The 100g gone from the bank isn't a big issue for me now. And anything that has disappeared when the slots went missing probably wasn't worth much anyhow.

Just give me the slots back.
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • cloud_district0101
    I've submitted 4 tickets on this. I lost 20 bank slots and the gold spent to repurchase them. I also have all the pre-order times in my mail again. I haven't gotten a response on any of them. Nothing. First one was 4 days ago. When I do get a response it'll be a bot or someone who barely has two brains cells to rub together. To have such a serious bug that you just leave people hanging on is...well, starting to not surprise me. I really love this game but you are making it difficult for me to. Last ticket 140419-035621
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    Got a response finally. Passed to some called expert team. Again very vague timely on when this will be fixed. When responding to tickets I expect in eta in time and day not vague as quickly as possible that doesn't say anything...
  • vneto
    vneto
    Incident: 140413-001231 - one week
    lost all my equip´s, open the ticket 2hrs after huge lag on last saturday
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭

Question Reference # 140415-045361

Date Created: 04/15/2014 09:34 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/16/2014 01:20 AM

Still nothing. I did rerespond to the response to my response....
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭

Not I
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭

No i am still waiting.

• Lestierse
    Lestierse
    ✭✭✭

Not me.

• Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    In your case, restoring the individual lost items lost would take significant additional time. Therefore, instead of restoring individual items that are easily replaceable in game, we are adding an appropriate amount of gold to your account to make up for the lost items. Please use this gold in game to replace your lost items at your discretion from vendors or other players. We apologize for any inconvenience this resolution may cause, but we believe this is the fastest way for you to recover the value of your lost items. We you hope find the gold we have added to your account a sufficient resolution to this issue.
    I received an email like this as well.

Since this bug hit me during early access, and I was not willing to risk my 30 days of included game time, I never set up a sub and therefore can't log into game. I've responded to the ticket and asked for a day of game time (just need a single day) so I can check out the situation. If all is well, the bug is gone, and the compensation adequate to my loss, then I'll be happy to subscribe and start using my 30 days.

If they don't grant me that day (a triviality on their part), then I'm forced to wait it out for a time and monitor the forums for any possible new reports of the issue. If there are no new reports for a time, then and only then will I feel safe enough to risk my 30 days.
    Thol wrote: »
    I totally agree with this.

I would strongly suggest that ZOS take the date each player first opened a ticket for this issue, determine how many days passed until the patch (yesterday) was implemented (this would be the number of days it was unsafe to play), double that number and then credit each customer's account with that number of days of free game time.

I would limit this game time compensation to those customers that had an active sub at the time. I would have no need for this type of compensation nor would I expect it since I didn't lose any of my included 30 days.
  • anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭

Someone farther up the page where you posted this did.

• tricipitinusb16_ESO
    ...stop posting your ticket-IDs and laments here. just read the first post in this thread, act accordingly and have more patience.
    I know this is a very frustrating bug but talking here on the forums doesn't improve anything. Let them do their job, they will eventually get to everyone affected.
    I only sent in one ticket so far knowing very well that sending tickets/emails in every day will only delay things because the support team has to read through all the garbage mutliple times..

@ZOS_GinaBruno what I would like to know (and probably several others, thus please post update on this on first post) is in what manner can/will you try to restore the missing stuff? Is it a real attempt so get back to some logs/DB Backups and restore it from there or are you just going to reinstate the (claimed) missing slots or maybe just the gold cost of it so we might buy back the slots right away?
    Edited by ZOS_LucasA on April 19, 2014 1:50PM
  • StoneSilence
    StoneSilence
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to post my User ID and email publicly, but I lost bank slots with items inside.

My tickets are:
    # 140413-097339 - initial ticket
    # 140418-040615 - ticket after patch 1.0.4

Thanks,
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    hours pass, blood pressure rises, eyes turn into blood orbs and muscles become iron thorns. no, I'm quite calm, but I dislike this quite long waiting time for my gold to be returned. I will not start a new character until I get my money for the horse!
    We must away, ere break of day,
    To claim our long-forgotten gold.