Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restoring Missing Bank Slots/Items & Skill Points

• Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks for your patience. We'd like to clarify a few things for you:
    Very glad to see the changes in the way you're handling communication. I appreciate you addressing customer concerns.

Now, if your CS would give me a day of game time so I can verify the situation (I'm still holding on to my included 30 days until I'm sure this issue has been fixed), I won't have to monitor the forums for a couple of weeks, to verify that no more reports of the bug come in, before activating my sub. Posts like this one cause me to proceed with caution (I believe that loss was pre-patch, but it's not real clear).
    Edited by Altairien on April 19, 2014 3:51PM
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mememe wrote: »
    That's not instructing you to open a ticket in game and from the forums. It says EITHER not BOTH. So I don't know why people would do both? When I saw that post, admittedly they don't clarify whether to open a new one or not...but a leap of common sense told me no, just get my existing one updated and not solved by responding.

I already had a ticket open from in game, so did not bother opening another on the link.
    If you've worked in tech support, you'll know it's easier to solve if there is a concise description of an issue in one place. A moving thread...not different tickets, and streams of information being dealt with different teams.
    I think people here are being pretty impatient and I also think bombarding support with rage filled repetitive tickets is probably slowing the whole response time down. That's my theory on it and tbh, I don't think it's a difficult one to understand.

I got my issue solved on the back of one single ticket, it didn't need loads. Oh I also needed patience.

Before taking the moral high ground, please read the bit i quoted. You are not reading the entire sentence. Only the bit that you feel backs up your argument.

"If you are still missing bank items, deposited gold, bank slots, and/or skill points, please submit a help request either in-game or via our help portal here"

At the time, we were STILL missing those things. I acted as instructed. Now, I'm happy for you that you feel the need to express how everyone just needs more patience. But doing so just makes you sound condescending. Especially since you don't actually have an issue at the moment.

Having worked in CS and Tech Support, I know how one single ticket CAN go a bit astray and be overlooked. Therefore referencing all applicable tickets is the best course of action when conversing with the people who can possibly sort your problem. Having all the ref's to hand, the CS team can then clear up the queue system so much faster. So please don't try to tell me how things work. I've been on both sides of the proverbial fence.

Your feelings on the matter of how you feel people are being impatient are irrelevant. YOUR issue has already been dealt with. You really have no reason to be in this thread preaching to others how they need to be more patient. Want to be helpful? Leave this thread. It no longer concerns you.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 3:59PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification Gina. Now I know I can buy again those upgrades without worrying too much :)
  • TurkeyBurgers
    TurkeyBurgers
    ✭✭
    Waiting for restoration of bank slots and items or some form of compensation.

Any word on when this is going to go into affect?
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    This is taking now quite long dear Zenimax Team.
    I posted my first InGame ticket at the 6th April and today is the 19th April.
    I haven't heard anything and my 30 bankslots are still missing...

I even have send a second InGame Ticket where I stated that, if it helps restoring my bank upgrades faster that you can skip giving me back the lost items. I need those 30 bank slots back, so I can upgrade away, too.

This is getting unbearable. I am wasting a lot of time just with shuffling items around my characters, because I am missing my bank upgrades. I rather would like to spend that time exploring and doing quests.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is taking now quite long dear Zenimax Team.
    I posted my first InGame ticket at the 6th April and today is the 19th April.
    I haven't heard anything and my 30 bankslots are still missing...

I even have send a second InGame Ticket where I stated that, if it helps restoring my bank upgrades faster that you can skip giving me back the lost items. I need those 30 bank slots back, so I can upgrade away, too.

This is getting unbearable. I am wasting a lot of time just with shuffling items around my characters, because I am missing my bank upgrades. I rather would like to spend that time exploring and doing quests.

I hear you; I put in my first ticket around 8pm EDT on 5 April and received the "blame it on Molag Bal's minions" response early morning 6 April (just after midnight EDT). I've not received anything back either.
  • Kord
    Kord
    Did anyone at all actually get this resolved ?

No, I have not. Stone silence since my last request for an update. And, yes, I've been polite even though it's taken almost every fiber of my being to be so at this point.

• Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    I just wish there would be an eta...
    I took it at first with some humor, since I know that such things can happen when a MMORPG gets released early. I even feel sorry for the support team.

Though, 2 weeks and not a single response about an eta... or at least an info if it will take much longer or will be fixed soon.

Edited by Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO on April 19, 2014 4:08PM
  • athanasios
    Long time to solve this problem and a little sad to ask people to say what they are missing... Sorry to say this game seems more and more to distance itself from my Paypal account !
  • kodesai_ESO
    kodesai_ESO
    ✭✭
    Here is my answer to this "customer service" that I am PAYING FOR. I am sick of this BS lack of communication. I have opened 4 tickets concerning this and all of them have been marked as "resolved"... NOTHING IS RESOLVED. Heres my answer:

Greetings XXXXXXXXXXX,

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Warm Regards,

The Elder Scrolls® Online Team

Wildstar just got its first convert.
  • Saera
    Saera
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno SO i put in the thicket as it says for my gold and bank slots that were missing, and the CS had relaly no idea what they were even talking about and told me that that my items that I was missing was already returned to me in a form of in game mail, which they were not, it was 2 bank upgrades about a little over 1k gold.
  • Kord
    Kord
    Here is my answer to this "customer service" that I am PAYING FOR. I am sick of this BS lack of communication. I have opened 4 tickets concerning this and all of them have been marked as "resolved"... NOTHING IS RESOLVED. Heres my answer:

Greetings XXXXXXXXXXX,

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Warm Regards,

The Elder Scrolls® Online Team

Wildstar just got its first convert.

Like you, I cancelled my subscription until I get a resolution to my issue. If I don't get said resolution and recompense, I will not resubscribe and I'll warn everyone I know in real life and on social media to steer clear of this train wreck of a game. They're already getting pasted on various forums for this PR disaster. The longer it drags on, the more damage it's going to do to their reputation.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Putok wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thanks for your patience. We'd like to clarify a few things for you:

When we stated that you should provide what went missing in terms of bank slots, items, gold, or skill points, you only need to state which of these went missing in the general sense. We don't require you to list out specific item names or exactly how many bank slots. If you were missing bank slots specifically, you should expect to receive gold to re-purchase your slots, and not the actual slots themselves.

At this time, it is safe to purchase bank slots in-game regardless if you lost any, as the original issue has been fixed. For those that are missing slots, doing so will not void previous missing slot compensation.

Finally, our Support Team will be handling these requests as they receive them - it will not be done in a future patch. Support has already begun to respond to these tickets, but please understand that due to heavy volume, it will take some time to get through all of them.

Hope this helps! We'll update the first post in this thread with this information as well.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear I can start buying slots again while I wait for CS to fix my issue.

Any word on what we should do with extra maps and pets? CS has told people it was ok to keep them as an extra bonus to make up for the hassle. Is this accurate?
    Looking into this now. Just to clarify, it's only pets and maps?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭

When we stated that you should provide what went missing in terms of bank slots, items, gold, or skill points, you only need to state which of these went missing in the general sense. We don't require you to list out specific item names or exactly how many bank slots. If you were missing bank slots specifically, you should expect to receive gold to re-purchase your slots, and not the actual slots themselves.

At this time, it is safe to purchase bank slots in-game regardless if you lost any, as the original issue has been fixed. For those that are missing slots, doing so will not void previous missing slot compensation.

Finally, our Support Team will be handling these requests as they receive them - it will not be done in a future patch. Support has already begun to respond to these tickets, but please understand that due to heavy volume, it will take some time to get through all of them.

Hope this helps! We'll update the first post in this thread with this information as well.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear I can start buying slots again while I wait for CS to fix my issue.

Any word on what we should do with extra maps and pets? CS has told people it was ok to keep them as an extra bonus to make up for the hassle. Is this accurate?

Plus the rings of mara.
  • Saera
    Saera
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that a lot of people in this thread did NOT read the Original Post or patch notes so let me clear it up:

To the people complaining about having to put character name when it was ALL toons because it was a bank issue: the thread is also for those that lost skill points, thus they need the character that lost their skill points, so just post on your ticket its not a character issue, its my bank.

To the people that are worried about if they should upgrade or not if it will effect their getting their bank upgrades back: The original main post states that no slots will be reimbursed, you will receive the gold for the upgrades that you spent.

To the people that are asking is it safe to buy upgrades again, do i have a chance of losing them again: The patch fixed this issue and is no longer an issue
  • bwilson.homeb16_ESO
    From memory:

Rings of Mara (Digital Imperial version bonus)
    Mudcrab Vanity Pet (Digital Imperial version bonus)
    Monkey vanity pet (beta reward I think?)
    Scuttler vanity pet (preorder 'Explorer' bonus)
    Bonus treasure maps (preorder 'Explorer bonus)
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Gina, i think a lot of people received a second set of pre-order items at the same time that their bank slots went missing (e.g. I bought direct from Zeni, and got another lizard + pre-order maps). Don't ask me why or how, but I and others received them again.

Is it ok to use these?
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 4:41PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • wolfguard101
    wolfguard101
    ✭✭✭
    Well compared to the last 7 days of never seeing an official reply to this problem on the threads I appreciate that ZOS_GinaBruno has actually spent time to pass on some information of any kind its a huge step in the right direction... I am aware I will be in a queue for the refund etc and I will continue to chase them via ticket email reply just to ensure its not closed again. But at least I wont feel I have to troll through the forum constantly for any info..

AT LAST SOME PROGRESS MAY HAVE BEEN MADE
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up and asked them to just close my ticket seeing as it was so long ago although I never got a response back.
    Edited by Locke_ESO on April 19, 2014 4:54PM
  • lovESOng
    lovESOng
    ✭✭✭
    It has been over a week now and i still havent got my bank slots back. Im starting to doubt that they will ever be restored...
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    lovESOng wrote: »
    It has been over a week now and i still havent got my bank slots back. Im starting to doubt that they will ever be restored...

Learn to read please. :expressionless: They already said they won't restore your bank slots they are gong to give you the gold you spent on bank slots and the items you lost, so you can go ahead and buy the slots again and wait on the gold when they get to you.
    Edited by Tyr on April 19, 2014 4:56PM
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up and asked them to just close my ticket seeing as it was so long ago although I never got a response back. 6000 gold and 20 items I can lose. I am more worried about them putting my account on a list for auto-restoration to a certain level and then logging in to find I've lost the 30,000 gold of upgrades I've invested since and another 30/40 items that are actually relevant to my current level.

The ideal outcome at this point would just be a flat refund in gold for the bank space I lost but apparently this isn't going to happen. You really cant leave a ticket like this open for 10 days+ it's really not great customer service. Was I supposed to just stick with 60 bank slots for 3 crafts and a progressing level 50 character?

Are you saying that you had a ticket from losing 20 items open and then had another problem with auto-restoration causing item loss?
    They don't plan on doing any auto-restoration, they are just going to refund the 6k you spent and presumably the 20 items you lost, so you should be safe to continue playing as normal. It's a shame you closed the original ticket because even if you reopen it you'll be in a long queue to get your gold refunded at this point.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry double post.
    Edited by Tyr on April 19, 2014 4:56PM
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    Did you also receive an email from Support explaining that you received compensation for so many slots, so many items, and stored gold? I.e. do I need to figure out what I think I should receive and keep track of how much gold each of my characters has?
    I received an email asking which character and what items. I listed a couple of items vaguely as I didn't remember exact details, and my main character as the affected. You will most likely receive a lump sum of gold that you can do with what you like to re-purchased items you think you may have lost, bank upgrades, etc. They will figure out a value to deposit to your character which I think you will find more than fair.
  • Khaleesi_Targaryen
    ZOS_GinaBruno,

Once you have restored what was lost, how will you be compensating those affected in addition to this? Will this be done automatically i.e. a blanket compensation for all or will specific requests for compensation be required based on hardship experienced?

Khaleesi_Targaryen
  • Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    Worst customer support ever, worst publishing company ever. Complete disappointment over ESO...GG
  • Flayedalive
    The first time this happened it was under the following:
    # 140405-036165
    Date Created: 04/05/2014 05:19 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/05/2014 08:22 PM
    Stated as solved which of course it wasn't as I was missing bank slots and some items, I don't think any gold was stored in my bank. I did receive an additional set of Collectors Edition and Pre-Order items but didn't notice this until I had submitted my ticket.

The second time this happened is under the following reference, where I was asked for more information on what I lost.
    # 140408-048107
    Date Created: 04/08/2014 03:03 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/08/2014 10:54 PM
    I supplied the information requested in that it was bank slots and items but again I don't think I had Gold in the bank. I noticed that I received another set of Collectors Edition and Pre-Order items in my mailbox (I have pulled another set of the maps from there by mistake, but as there was no reply as to what I should do with them I have used a few of the Ebonheart Pact ones, I'm sorry :( )

Hope this helps you resolve this issue.
    Edit: changed items to Gold in second section
    Edited by Flayedalive on April 19, 2014 5:16PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saera wrote: »
    It seems that a lot of people in this thread did NOT read the Original Post or patch notes so let me clear it up:

To the people complaining about having to put character name when it was ALL toons because it was a bank issue: the thread is also for those that lost skill points, thus they need the character that lost their skill points, so just post on your ticket its not a character issue, its my bank.

To the people that are worried about if they should upgrade or not if it will effect their getting their bank upgrades back: The original main post states that no slots will be reimbursed, you will receive the gold for the upgrades that you spent.

To the people that are asking is it safe to buy upgrades again, do i have a chance of losing them again: The patch fixed this issue and is no longer an issue
    Before accusing people of not reading the original post, maybe you should make note of the fact that it's been edited.The things you're thinking people "didn't read" in the original post (the item about the character name only being needed for characters that lost skill points, the item about receiving gold instead of the bank slots back) weren't there until this morning. Those things are only there now because people like me (and others) asked about them in this thread.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Requielle
    Requielle
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I received one additional monkey pet, and one additional rings of mara. I was only hit by the bug once (back on April 4th) and those were in the mail for me when it hit. Both of the 'bonus' items are stored on my bank alt, just to clear mailbox space.

Edit - I've also received the standard email regarding compensation, and had a sum of gold on my highest-level character when I logged in today. Responding to my original ticket a few times did not seem to move me to the end of the line (as people here have speculated), although I did submit only one ticket (so no idea what multiple tickets do to the help queue).
    Edited by Requielle on April 19, 2014 5:35PM
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I received 4 full pre-order Imperial sets, and deleted at least one full set. I still have the others, and have only been using the "original" set that came with my purchase. I would definitely appreciate an update on what to do with the remaining ones.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - We really, really appreciate your communication and updates; your efforts here have been a breath of fresh air given the conflicting information we've been given on these issues in the past couple of weeks.
    Edited by Mujuro on April 19, 2014 5:42PM