The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please Stop Trivializing Content

• Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Any fight where you can leave and come back in 5 levels is already trivialized.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I disagree.

I think leaving and coming back at a higher level is one of the ways you make a game fun for all skill levels.

Skilled players will do it at level for the challenge and the reward will be useful to them.

Less skilled players have the option of over leveling tough content and coming back later. But at that point the reward is less useful.

Its balance.

@NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Turkwise
    Turkwise
    Soul Shriven
    The last MMO I played was Cataclysm WoW and from that perspective, this game is plenty challenging. For an MMO, that is.

I feel the challenge level of this game is inconsistent. It needs to be more consistent, but many of the fights are rewarding. Others are pitiful, some are frustrating. Sometimes the mechanics are not apparent - this, more than anything, leads to frustration and a bad experience. Better visual cues would certainly help in many cases.
    Options
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This comic very much summarizes the stance of the 'we need moar challenge' crowd vs the stance of the 'we just wanna enjoy the game' people.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/09/12/what-its-like-to-play-online-games-as-an-adult-comic/
    Options
  • eaglestormub17_ESO
    This comic very much summarizes the stance of the 'we need moar challenge' crowd vs the stance of the 'we just wanna enjoy the game' people.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/09/12/what-its-like-to-play-online-games-as-an-adult-comic/

Great comic, but no, I don't think it's applicable. My friends and I are all older gamers, and we very much appreciate games with a challenge. From the people we meet, I don't think we're the only ones. We just don't have as much time to raid into the early morning anymore...
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

I disagree.

I think leaving and coming back at a higher level is one of the ways you make a game fun for all skill levels.

Skilled players will do it at level for the challenge and the reward will be useful to them.

Less skilled players have the option of over leveling tough content and coming back later. But at that point the reward is less useful.

Its balance.

Until Manni can be facerolled while standing in bad hes going to be unkillable by some people.

Unacceptable for mandatory content.
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌NordJitsu

I've been screaming this the whole time. Nordjitsu is strong with this one.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, my wife has interrupted my gameplay with ... other things before.

I was glad to leave keyboard and mouse for a bit.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    @‌NordJitsu

@Chryos‌

Can you rephrase?

I'm afraid that went over my head. :/
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100% with the OP.

I also should mention that I consider myself a mediocre player, don't do heroic raids in those other games, only play a couple hours a day, am 35, am disabled, and play a Nightblade.

So, there are people who will leave if the game isn't nerfed to suit them? I'll leave if it is, plus ESO will have to compete with all the other dumbed-down games on the market.
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    @‌NordJitsu

@Chryos‌

Can you rephrase?

I'm afraid that went over my head. :/

NordJitsu, as is Your Jujitsu is strong, play on words "Your Kung Fu is strong" bad joke, but meant as a compliment lol

If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Chryos‌

Then thank you. :D
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭

I disagree.

Its balance.
    I agree. But this is the ONLY way they should "balance" these encounters.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So tell me how youre supposed to outlevel Mannimarco enough to facetank him or outlevel Molag Bal at *all*, if thats just how the less skilled players get to do it? Hm?

Or did you forget this is a mandatory skillgate?
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    So tell me how youre supposed to outlevel Mannimarco enough to facetank him or outlevel Molag Bal at *all*, if thats just how the less skilled players get to do it? Hm?

Yeah, don't think that's possible, which is why my wife and I won't bother with the endgame content, until grouping is enabled.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

You could of course "grind" in order to outlevel mannimarco. Another option "could" be to participate at pvp since the XP gained for killing other players either allready is doubled or will be with patch 1.1, iam not sure bout that atm sorry so please check the latest patch notes.
    Also you have the opportunity do solve pve quests while beeing in cyrodiil, though i would suggest to use the least populated campaign as guest campain in order to do pve quests at cyrodiil. In many cases another option would be to just move on to the next territory in order to do quests there before going back to Mannimarco.

But i guess the most important thing is to know manni's or molag's mechanics. Once you have figured out what skill he is using after wich attack things tend to become much easier regardless of beeing a hardcore or casual player.

Personally, hence i encountered manni during the beta, i think it's a shame how they nerfed him.

On the other hand i have to admit that molag bals titans granted me something like 10 deaths before i learned how to deal with them despite beeing a vamp with 50% + fire dmg, lowered healt reg and a totally bugged block ability that didnt keep any of the fire dmg away from me. Not to speak about the fact that my weapon swap was bugged and therefore i was limited to 6 instead of 12 skills.

But well yes, there are options to outlevel both of them.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing.

You can facetank Molag Bal.

I did it. Reflect titans and run a circle around him. Win. He's not hard.

Mannimarco? My friend *knows* the mechanics. He just doesn't want to do them, and there's nothing short of flying my arse over there and doing it FOR him that's going to get him to fight that fight any way other than the way he wants to.

He. Does. Not. Move. Out. Of. Bad. Ever. It's a pain in the butt. We're talking about a click to move, click on abilities and click to target person here. It took me a good three days to get him to realize there was no way in hell he can click his hotbar here.

You don't teach people like that, you don't change people like that.

And no, you aren't grinding out veteran ranks to outlevel Molag Bal. That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of.

We also don't pvp.

Also keep in mind this is a person that's played every TES game since Daggerfall and has yet to ever complete a single main quest. Ever.

THAT is what we have here. And this game was designed for them too.
    Options