The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

• pjwrwb17_ESO
    pjwrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    Just lost all my stuff, then some reappeared (no gold), but bank is still at lower capacity and so I'm missing at least 20 items PLUS the several I just added to the (previously) empty bank. Issue 140413-133839.
    Options
  • patcress1973b16_ESO
    This has just happened to me 13-04-2014, logged in and my bank is back to 60 from 80, I have about 4000 gold missing, and the items that were in the last 20 spots are gone too! when I logged my alt character, I received the early access pack and pets, now this is exactly the same as my guild friend, gold and items missing, reset bank and early access items on alts! its like the account has reset but not deleted the characters??! my ticket is under 140413-133676 for reference.
    It's Better to Burnout than Fade Away
    Options
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    longbow66 wrote: »
    If I had to guess, since my account got reset back to "new" status, some "get char info" query timed out, the info requested wasn't sent up, and then something caused the app server to "save", and since part of it was never filled in, it saved that part incorrectly overtop the real data. Thus the bank gets truncated at 60, emails were resent since the char looked new, etc. At least, that's what my version of this bug looks like. There could be many if the people designing/programming the thing didn't know what they were doing.

Sounds reasonable. I think the trigger may be the code controlling the transfer of account/character data between the DB and the various servers as you log on/off and move around the "world". I recall someone in another thread stating they received a transfer error, "failure to transfer" or something like that, before their character was destroyed. If the controlling code doesn't reliably transfer all the account/character data correctly and then if the (partial) data on the receiving side gets saved to the DB, then *poof* goes stuff such as bank slots and spent skill points.
    Edited by Altairien on April 14, 2014 12:12AM
    Options
  • dragonsfire73
    dragonsfire73
    Soul Shriven
    I have opened a couple of tickets and have had two responses. I have yet again received the duplicate items in-game mail. Honestly I do not know if I lost any skill points, or bank items of value; other than the upgrade cost and the gold I was storing up.

First response Ticket was closed.
    Second response: Ticket will be escalated.
    I have been down for a week now.
    I lost 30 bank slots and 48,xxx gold.
    Tickets:
    Ingame ticket# 140406079411
    forum ticket# 140406-080108 and 140409-007924

Closed Ticket:
    Response By Email (Paulson) (04/09/2014 12:43 AM)
    Greetings Adventurer,

We wish to apologize that it has taken such a long time to respond to your request for help. We are deeply sorry that we have not met our expectation of responding to you in a timely manner to aid in resolving your issue.
    We have recently pushed through some updates which we believe has resolved most of our customers’ current issues. If you are still experiencing an issue that has not been resolved by our recent fixes, please feel free to respond back so that we can target your trouble directly and help you more efficiently. We value all of our players and wish to address your issue so that you can travel the wilds of Tamriel.

Sincerely,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Question Reference # 140406-079411
    • Date Created: 04/06/2014 11:31 PM
    • Date Last Updated: 04/09/2014 12:43 AM

Helpful support letting me know ticket was closed as a duplicate and escalated:
    Response By Email (Rhonda) (04/09/2014 04:29 PM)
    Greetings,

I am escalating this issue for you.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,

An update on when we can expect to get our in-game stuff back would be nice. I would also love to hear when a patch is going in as my friends and guild mates are all afraid to use their banks even to swap items to alts.
    Options
  • pjwrwb17_ESO
    pjwrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    And the issue JUST GOT CLOSED! Wtf?

[Incident: 140413-133028
    Options
  • Derpsicles
    Derpsicles
    Soul Shriven
    100 slots down to 60. 50000g in the bank - gone. Mats, items, and crafting catalysts? You betcha. I was told if my issue was resolved to post the reference number here. Reference # 140413-126911

Still no items, gold, or bank slots have been restored.
    @Derpsicles: DC - VR12 Templar Healer - EHJ (Einherjar)
    Wabajack
    Options
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    I have opened a couple of tickets and have had two responses. I have yet again received the duplicate items in-game mail. Honestly I do not know if I lost any skill points, or bank items of value; other than the upgrade cost and the gold I was storing up.

First response Ticket was closed.
    Second response: Ticket will be escalated.
    I have been down for a week now.
    I lost 30 bank slots and 48,xxx gold.
    Tickets:
    Ingame ticket# 140406079411
    forum ticket# 140406-080108 and 140409-007924

Closed Ticket:
    Response By Email (Paulson) (04/09/2014 12:43 AM)
    Greetings Adventurer,

We wish to apologize that it has taken such a long time to respond to your request for help. We are deeply sorry that we have not met our expectation of responding to you in a timely manner to aid in resolving your issue.
    We have recently pushed through some updates which we believe has resolved most of our customers’ current issues. If you are still experiencing an issue that has not been resolved by our recent fixes, please feel free to respond back so that we can target your trouble directly and help you more efficiently. We value all of our players and wish to address your issue so that you can travel the wilds of Tamriel.

Sincerely,
    Question Reference # 140406-079411
    • Date Created: 04/06/2014 11:31 PM
    • Date Last Updated: 04/09/2014 12:43 AM

Helpful support letting me know ticket was closed as a duplicate and escalated:
    Response By Email (Rhonda) (04/09/2014 04:29 PM)
    Greetings,

I am escalating this issue for you.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,

An update on when we can expect to get our in-game stuff back would be nice. I would also love to hear when a patch is going in as my friends and guild mates are all afraid to use their banks even to swap items to alts.

This issue needs to be addressed....WHEN is this being patched...and WHEN are you returning the items and gold to the players.
    Edited by Tweek on April 14, 2014 12:20AM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altairien wrote: »
    VertigoTX wrote: »
    angelyn wrote: »
    I lost everything in my bank at 10:55 this morning. By 15:55 I got my stuff back. I've just realised that the extra slots I bought for my bank are now lost. Ticket number 140413-049598. If I can't get the space back, I'd like the gold back that I spent on it.

First person I've seen report they got anything back. This is promising :smile:

I don't believe the items were restored in the usual sense. Remember, the symptoms of the bug go something like this:
    • Log off/log on
    • You've got mail! (preorder, etc. items sent again)
    • Bank appears blank; all items are missing (player panics!)
    • Banked gold is missing (player usually notices this right away, even in their panicked state)
    • Many players don't initially realize the number of available bank slots has also dropped (due to their panic; I happened to notice this when the bug hit me)
    • After an indeterminate amount of time (mine was quick) and after logging in another character, up to 60 items are restored in player's bank
    • Players (usually) by now notice the drop in available slots
    • Previously banked items beyond the newly lowered limit of 60 get shoved into character inventory, if there is room (otherwise, the items are lost? or do they show up on yet another character with room?)
    • Players starting a new character will no longer have the option to skip the Coldharbour tutorial
    • And apparently other bad things happen such as permanent loss of assigned skill points, loss of mounts, and who knows what else (I hadn't assigned points or purchased mounts, etc. so I can't confirm)

So this only gives the appearance that items were "restored" by some deliberate means, like by CS after a ticket has been submitted. What is apparently really happening is the system "recovers" some or all of the items as a matter of "normal" operations.

It's most likely that no items are actually "lost" per se, but are placed in a state that can't be displayed for a time. I've seen this once in the past actually. (But that company handled the resulting furor much differently, as in they showed their customers more respect.)

This of course brings up all sorts of questions such as what happens if the player places an item in their blank bank before the "lost" items are "restored"? Does it replace something that is now permanently lost? My spidey sense is tingling as I think of how I'd properly performance test this bug until it pled for mercy and revealed all its quirky bounds. Alas, that won't happen.

So no, I'd say nothing is getting "restored" as is usually understood, i.e. CS isn't restoring anything at this time and there hasn't been an announced patch to accomplish any such restoration.
    The last symptom on that list seems to be a different issue. They may be related, but the reports of items missing from a character, such as equipped gear, and skill points seems to be independent of the bank bug.

The bank bug appears to be some kind of weird account initialization getting called, while the character gear vanishing... doesn't? It's something that's definitely happening to the character, but not the account.

Options
  • Starforsaken
    Question Reference # 140413-128575
    Date Created: 04/13/2014 07:11 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/13/2014 07:22 PM

Also happened to me. Lost my bank upgrades, the gold that was in it, the extra items (some went to an alt, not sure about the rest).

The way the game is designed, I spend almost 50% of my game time juggling with the inventory/bank and going back and forth between the bank and the crafting tables.

Until this issue is resolved, I don't consider that this game is playable, so I will stop playing for now.

How it is resolved (compensation, quickness, solution) will be the major factor in deciding if I'm subscribing (and buying the PS4 version this summer) or cancelling before the billing date.

This is a SERIOUS problem. Considering how expensive the game was and the subscription model used, I'm sorry but I am not willing to be a beta tester. Sure, some are saying "it's just 2 weeks of game time" but I'm very busy and 31 y/o, took a few days off of work to play this and advance my character, and I'm not doing it again, no matter what the excuse is.
    Options
  • bre_czko
    bre_czko
    Soul Shriven
    Kinda scary, if you could assume the glitch only effects the active character you could get by playing an alt and not risking your main, but it seems that when it happens any of your toons can be stuffed. So if you see those early access mails, you know your in trouble again. Think I will take a break till this is fixed.
    Options
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Altairien wrote: »
    VertigoTX wrote: »
    angelyn wrote: »
    I lost everything in my bank at 10:55 this morning. By 15:55 I got my stuff back. I've just realised that the extra slots I bought for my bank are now lost. Ticket number 140413-049598. If I can't get the space back, I'd like the gold back that I spent on it.

First person I've seen report they got anything back. This is promising :smile:

I don't believe the items were restored in the usual sense. Remember, the symptoms of the bug go something like this:
    • Log off/log on
    • You've got mail! (preorder, etc. items sent again)
    • Bank appears blank; all items are missing (player panics!)
    • Banked gold is missing (player usually notices this right away, even in their panicked state)
    • Many players don't initially realize the number of available bank slots has also dropped (due to their panic; I happened to notice this when the bug hit me)
    • After an indeterminate amount of time (mine was quick) and after logging in another character, up to 60 items are restored in player's bank
    • Players (usually) by now notice the drop in available slots
    • Previously banked items beyond the newly lowered limit of 60 get shoved into character inventory, if there is room (otherwise, the items are lost? or do they show up on yet another character with room?)
    • Players starting a new character will no longer have the option to skip the Coldharbour tutorial
    • And apparently other bad things happen such as permanent loss of assigned skill points, loss of mounts, and who knows what else (I hadn't assigned points or purchased mounts, etc. so I can't confirm)

So this only gives the appearance that items were "restored" by some deliberate means, like by CS after a ticket has been submitted. What is apparently really happening is the system "recovers" some or all of the items as a matter of "normal" operations.

It's most likely that no items are actually "lost" per se, but are placed in a state that can't be displayed for a time. I've seen this once in the past actually. (But that company handled the resulting furor much differently, as in they showed their customers more respect.)

This of course brings up all sorts of questions such as what happens if the player places an item in their blank bank before the "lost" items are "restored"? Does it replace something that is now permanently lost? My spidey sense is tingling as I think of how I'd properly performance test this bug until it pled for mercy and revealed all its quirky bounds. Alas, that won't happen.

So no, I'd say nothing is getting "restored" as is usually understood, i.e. CS isn't restoring anything at this time and there hasn't been an announced patch to accomplish any such restoration.
    The last symptom on that list seems to be a different issue. They may be related, but the reports of items missing from a character, such as equipped gear, and skill points seems to be independent of the bank bug.

The bank bug appears to be some kind of weird account initialization getting called, while the character gear vanishing... doesn't? It's something that's definitely happening to the character, but not the account.

Great. So there's two bugs that can wipe all your progress away at any time...hopefully they will be fixed soon..as in by Tuesdays patch.
    Options
  • Rowaeca
    Rowaeca
    Ticket Reference # 140413-127211has been erroneously closed as "Resolved"
    Options
  • quatzacoatlb16_ESO
    yeah like i said before i lost the gold ON me on all my toons and almost all my items from my inventory. Still lost half of my bank too tho but i had no gold in that bank since i had already took it out on my alt, well atleast i still have my CE items in the bank.....
    Options
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    after reading the first post, "Last night, we performed a maintenance to address the long loading times that many were reporting, and some of the missing bank item issues" I thougt they could fix it, instead I got a "will be fixed in a future patch" whats the heck is the point in making a ticket then, when we just have to wait anyway..
    Options
  • Vhalkyrie
    Vhalkyrie
    ✭✭✭
    The bank wipe and re-mailing of all the Imperial bonus items just happened to me again on 4/13/2014 at 8:36PM EDT. I did not upgrade my bank slots since the last time it was wiped. My bank upgrade has still not been returned.
    Edited by Vhalkyrie on April 14, 2014 12:51AM
    Options
  • Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭
    Rowaeca wrote: »
    Ticket Reference # 140413-127211has been erroneously closed as "Resolved"

Someone posted their response earlier via ticket, and I believe Jessica Folsom replied with the statement that even if it says closed, it isn't. They are reviewing each ticket with regard to the bank issues and character wipes one-by-one, which is why it's taking so long. My suggestion is to reply to the ticket again and state very clearly to not close it, until confirmation that the issue is resolved comes directly from you, the customer.

They could say this publicly, but apparently it's simply too hard to admit they're in over their heads at the moment.

Options
  • Roeas000
    Roeas000
    Ticket #:140413-118529

Some stuff ended on one alt but I am definitely missing some items.
    Options
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question, I've been lucky so far but it happened to a guild member today.

Have you all got alts or has it happened to people with just one character?

Just wondering if there is a pattern so I can hopefully avoid it.

I did have a small bank problem today, I was looking through the guild bank and withdrew 4 recipes I didn't have when without warning, it put me back to the character select screen, on logging back in, I didn't have the recipes neither did the guild bank. OK wasn't that bad in that they were green recipes, but if that happens with rare loot.

I am also convinced that while crafting, my main equipped weapon disappeared, I don't think I did anything stupid, when I said this to my guild, a few responded that it had happened to them and while they were convinced they also hadn't unequipped it, they all thought they must have had a mad moment.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem, bank went from 110 to 60
    I "think" I didn't lose anything and the items went to another character from the looks of things, but wish I could trust the bank to work. Hopefully I'm not missing anything I realize later. (I also received all the first emails, pets, again)

Ticket 140413-136968.
    Edited by xaraan on April 14, 2014 12:41AM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tweek wrote: »
    Gotta say this is all a shame...cause I really love this game.

No, you don't. I'm sorry, everything you're saying isn't "love." I mean, if you think it is, then your definition is pretty messed up. But, you're holding a gun to the game's head, or trying to, and screaming, "do what I say or I'll paint the walls with your subscribers!"

That's not love.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charkat wrote: »
    @Saerydoth‌
    From the original post:

If you submitted a help request for this issue, are still experiencing it, and your ticket was erroneously closed as "Resolved", please reply to this thread with your ticket number.

This is exactly what we were asked to do.

At a wild guess, I suspect Customer Support was supposed to flag the incidents for future reference, probably as a verification for when the actual reparations do get made.

The other possibility is that CS actually has a "closed for us, but don't tell anyone" state, for open issues like this that doesn't get passed to the players. I mean, part of the issue is that players feel like the resolved state is a blow off. When, as someone pointed out, there is no real reason to keep the tickets open.

Options
  • arglaar_ESO
    arglaar_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You can add me to the "Resolved" but not actually resolved list as well.

[140413-131917]
    Options
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So the fix from last night did not really fix anything did it? I guess it would be too obvious to ask what your development team is doing when their emergency fixes during a prime time does not really fix anything.

I cant believe your customer support staff would tell a player to not play the game while their ticket is being investigated, and I can not believe said player actually willingly decided to listen wasting their 30 day game time.

you have to admit, thus far customer support has been *** poor, and the failures of patches to actually fix stuff is disappointing.

I love the game, it is a lot of fun when it works, but I fear that if you guys don't get your disorganization and house in order plenty of consumers will stop subbing or just wont sub.

Please get your house in order.
    Options
  • atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    Just got hit with the bug. From 110 to 60 just after receiving collectors items for the 2nd time. At first my bank was completely empty but after relog my bank was at 60/60 items. Not sure what items Im missing. Didn't have any gold in the bank as I store that on alts.
    Edited by atwon23 on April 14, 2014 12:47AM
    Options
  • Vostok
    Vostok
    Soul Shriven
    It just happened to me again this night (3 in total). Again new explorer's pack and vanity pet mail.
    Options
  • Silowyi
    Silowyi
    ✭✭✭
    Incident 140413-135790 not solved but reported as solved
    Options
  • Deyne
    Deyne
    Add me to the ever growing list of people affected by this. Not only has it happened to me, but I believe this is now the 4th, maybe 5th time. I got the same generic email reply back to me which was also marked as "solved." I replied back to the email asking to have the status changed to "unresolved" and never heard back.

My ticket # 140413-011341

I have to say, this is probably the sloppiest launch I have been a part of in a long time. These kind of issues and the sheer amount of them are something we would tolerate in the late 90s early 2000's...NOT in 2014. This launch has been a big step backwards.

So I wonder how long I will have to wait to get my issue resolved and have my missing items/gold/bank space upgrades reimbursed. When will I be able to feel confident that I can play the game without this nonsense happening again at the drop of a hat?
    Options
  • capt.squiggly_ESO
    I had my character lose all their bank inventory, horse, skill points, and equipped armor on the 10th, submitted a ticket and was told that all my items should be restored in a later patch but made no mention of the skill points, so I submitted another ticket about that and was told that it got escalated and have yet to hear anything else. So as it stands my lvl 41 character is now standing outside the harborage with no clothes on and no skill points to do anything and has been for 3 days now, now while I can still play on an alt I really would rather be playing on my main instead of wasting my game time fafing about hoping that this gets fixed.
    Options
  • Catsocks
    Catsocks
    ✭✭
    Just got hit with this bug. Went from 100 slots to 60, had about 2.9k gold in teh bank missing. All my items, thankfully, ended up on my main character. Just sent in a ticket. Also got the CE items, twice.

Options
  • bre_czko
    bre_czko
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm, as a result of this I have put my subscription on hold, but I noticed something odd with the days left to play. It seems to have been reset, and it matches the day my bank was reset and I was sent the now infamous early access emails again, I guess if every time it happens your free 30 days gets reset, it cant be all bad. Anyone else notice this yet or am I just getting the days wrong and imagining it?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.