The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

• cbrons
    cbrons
    In the mean time, I have started a new reddit thread. I'm not bashing on Zenimax in this thread, just simply want to let people know so that they don't make the mistake of trying to expand their bank size until this issue is fixed:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/22ybh5/warning_bank_bug_do_not_expand_bank_size/

Would be good if you guys could help bump it.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Osi wrote: »
    Tweek wrote: »
    Zenimax please fix this glitch/bug and return all the items and gold to the player accounts, and compensate them for their trouble.

The item loss is fine. If they gave everything back to everyone, that's fine too, although I would hold little hope for anything more than a gold reimbursement for upgrades.

It's the fact that this has happened several times to people, and you cannot really trust it to not happen again. It's the uncertainty that's more frustrating than anything, especially since storage is such a CRITICAL issue in this game. And we can't trust the storage we have.

NO the item loss is not fine.

I like to trade and craft in game and I have a bunch of tempering alloys that took me long time to acquire along with many other hard to find mats and epic/artifact items. If I signed on and they were all gone I would boycott this garbage game along with multiple friends of mine with 100K plus subs on YouTube who would blog about it and do the same.

If they don't give the player back their items ALL of the effected and friends of the effected will quit the game.

Just because you have no good items and don't spend alot of time trading doesn't mean they don't matter.

If I lose my items I'm cancelling.

The game has been out for two weeks. I don't care what you got in that two weeks, but you can take another two to get them back. If you had crafting materials, they aren't particularly hard to come by and you really ought not to be whining so terribly much.

I lost 40 bank spaces myself and over a stack in total of blue/purple upgrade mats. I'm not complaining because there's alot more to the game than those items.

If ANYONE should be complaining, its those that lost skill points, had skills reset, ect. Compared to losing a few items in a bank reset, that is a "call up ZOS on the phone" kind of problem, because it could impact the longterm success of the character. Less skyshard skill points? Yeah...

This? This is just a very frustrating annoyance we should rag on them until its fixed, and take some self precaution in the meantime.

You are missing the point here. I don't want to go into depth explaining that some people marathoned their way through these first weeks and might never have the same dedication or time again, and many people have used the uncertainty of starting weeks for their gains via clever trading, valuables farming, etc. The issue is that we lost our progress that we worked so hard on, and now question raises "what is the point of doing it all over again if it can crush?" and "WHY do I have to do it again (and a lot of it is not doable again). So it's not just loss of two weeks, its loss of trust and feeling of being robbed. In MMORPG the worst thing that could possibly happen is the loss of your progress and this is what we have here. If they fix the issue - that is great and complains will disappear. I will still be disappointed that I lost several days worth of gameplay due to this, but I'll get over it as the game itself is amazing. But it is not a "minor inconvenience". When your home is robbed - do you just say "oh well, whatever - just need to work a few more years to get the items back?"...

I believe I emphasized trust, and I completely agree. But to say "I'm going to quit because -this- happened!" is rather shortsighted. What matters is their response, which they have now had 18 hours to work on a fix for. That is to say, 18 hours since the number of people suffering from the lost bank space bug increased dramatically.

The following needs to happen:

1) A fix to the lost bank space, so that it doesn't happen anymore, this week. Period.

2) Restoration of bank space to those that lost theirs, or reimbursement in gold for the value of purchasing that bank space. Again, this week.

3) Item restoration to those accounts affected (if it's even possible; I don't think anyone can say at this point whether it is or there are frequent enough back ups to know what you had when the bug occurred). Depending on whether this has to be done manually, this might take up to an additional week.

Anything less than that, on that timeline, and I'll be joining you in the hate-ZOS fanclub.

Glad to hear it.

My buddy told me he lost all his items in his bank except for four and about 50,000 gold in bank at the time. He opened up a ticket....no response for three days...finally was "escalated" at which point two days later they told him his items and gold couldn't be restored so he quit/cancelled his sub and is currently making a video about it for his large amount of followers on YouTube and twitch....lol good for businesses. His other friend may be next he has something close to like a million followers.

News of this bug goes around and no one will play this game. I had a friend thinking about getting it and if these items and gold aren't returned I'm telling him to get WildStar instead.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    At least most of you people can still play. Some of us lost literally everything, including all skill points, so please stop posting 10 times about your loss of some bank slots...

I tried to tell them... bank space is nothing compared to THAT... But unfortunately the loudest voices don't care about others.
  • Greenbone
    Greenbone
    I lost the extra bank spots I purchased as well as items.

Reference # 140413-059480

e-mail signed by

"Warm Regards,
    Helder M.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

Ticked marked as closed
    *sad face*
    Issue not resolved

Also I have not read through all 200+ responses so if there was a fix or something in the meantime and it was posted here I apologize.
  • Withoutsoul
    Zenimax please fix this glitch/bug and return all the items and gold to the player accounts, and compensate them for their trouble.

The item loss is fine. If they gave everything back to everyone, that's fine too, although I would hold little hope for anything more than a gold reimbursement for upgrades.

It's the fact that this has happened several times to people, and you cannot really trust it to not happen again. It's the uncertainty that's more frustrating than anything, especially since storage is such a CRITICAL issue in this game. And we can't trust the storage we have.

I like to trade and craft in game and I have a bunch of tempering alloys that took me long time to acquire along with many other hard to find mats and epic/artifact items. If I signed on and they were all gone I would boycott this garbage game along with multiple friends of mine with 100K plus subs on YouTube who would blog about it and do the same.

If they don't give the player back their items ALL of the effected and friends of the effected will quit the game.

Just because you have no good items and don't spend alot of time trading doesn't mean they don't matter.

The game has been out for two weeks. I don't care what you got in that two weeks, but you can take another two to get them back. If you had crafting materials, they aren't particularly hard to come by and you really ought not to be whining so terribly much.

I lost 40 bank spaces myself and over a stack in total of blue/purple upgrade mats. I'm not complaining because there's alot more to the game than those items.

If ANYONE should be complaining, its those that lost skill points, had skills reset, ect. Compared to losing a few items in a bank reset, that is a "call up ZOS on the phone" kind of problem, because it could impact the longterm success of the character. Less skyshard skill points? Yeah...

This? This is just a very frustrating annoyance we should rag on them until its fixed, and take some self precaution in the meantime.

You are missing the point here. I don't want to go into depth explaining that some people marathoned their way through these first weeks and might never have the same dedication or time again, and many people have used the uncertainty of starting weeks for their gains via clever trading, valuables farming, etc. The issue is that we lost our progress that we worked so hard on, and now question raises "what is the point of doing it all over again if it can crush?" and "WHY do I have to do it again (and a lot of it is not doable again). So it's not just loss of two weeks, its loss of trust and feeling of being robbed. In MMORPG the worst thing that could possibly happen is the loss of your progress and this is what we have here. If they fix the issue - that is great and complains will disappear. I will still be disappointed that I lost several days worth of gameplay due to this, but I'll get over it as the game itself is amazing. But it is not a "minor inconvenience". When your home is robbed - do you just say "oh well, whatever - just need to work a few more years to get the items back?"...

I believe I emphasized trust, and I completely agree. But to say "I'm going to quit because -this- happened!" is rather shortsighted. What matters is their response, which they have now had 18 hours to work on a fix for. That is to say, 18 hours since the number of people suffering from the lost bank space bug increased dramatically.

The following needs to happen:

1) A fix to the lost bank space, so that it doesn't happen anymore, this week. Period.

2) Restoration of bank space to those that lost theirs, or reimbursement in gold for the value of purchasing that bank space. Again, this week.

3) Item restoration to those accounts affected (if it's even possible; I don't think anyone can say at this point whether it is or there are frequent enough back ups to know what you had when the bug occurred). Depending on whether this has to be done manually, this might take up to an additional week.

Anything less than that, on that timeline, and I'll be joining you in the hate-ZOS fanclub.

No disagreement on this. But complaining on official forums should happen - to let them know the magnitude of issues, so the most prominent once are fixed asap and don't spread to the open world.
  • nwnzocker
    nwnzocker
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    Is it remotely possible that this bug is being caused by having alts that skipped the Coldharbor tutorial? I mean, this feature is something that was added *right* at the end of beta, and thus may not have been fully tested.

If so, that would explain why it didn't happen to me - I do have 2 alts, but I did Coldharbor on both of them.

No that can't be the reason i have 8 chars, all did the Tutorial in Coldharbor just for the provisioning mats and i had that bug already 3 times.
    Edited by nwnzocker on April 13, 2014 10:09PM
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    nwnzocker wrote: »
    Is it remotely possible that this bug is being caused by having alts that skipped the Coldharbor tutorial? I mean, this feature is something that was added *right* at the end of beta, and thus may not have been fully tested.

If so, that would explain why it didn't happen to me - I do have 2 alts, but I did Coldharbor on both of them.

No that can't be the reason i have 8 chars, all did the Tutorial in Coldharbor just for the provisioning mats and i had that bug already 3 times.

Oh well, it was an idea! But still, if we can find out what everyone who had the bug happen to them had in common (there must be something), it gives the rest of us a shot at avoiding it (or continuing to avoid it).
  • MajAnxiety
    MajAnxiety
    Soul Shriven
    Still missing 30 slots from my bank, and it appears my ticket is "solved" as well.

Question Reference # 140412-040501

I could care less about what items might have been in there, they weren't worth much. I just want to slots back or gold equivalent.
  • maso
    maso
    Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting Elder Scrolls Online Support Team . That main character that has bank, bank should not reset if it didn't reset with the reset of your alternate characters bank. However we are made aware of this issue with the banks resetting and maintenance is scheduled to come in soon and fix this issue for all players.

Warm Regards
    Tekirra
    Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

They didn't even bother restoring my characters this time, instead saying I should wait for the next maintenance scheduled to come "soon" which will "fix this issue for all players."
  • KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    You guys need to stop fighting. It literally accomplishes nothing. ZOS is working on it, have been working on it, and clearly whatever it is isn't an easy fix -- and it just got a lot, lot worse. Everyone who is out skill points, equipped gear, mounts right now -- as someone who was hit very early with the bank bug (April 1st), I hope they see to restoring your characters first. Losing my items/gold/bank slots is terrible and it sucks and it really made me not want to play... but they will be restored, eventually. I can continue to play as long as I know the bank issue won't happen again. But you guys are down and out until you're restored, so cheers! For CS getting to you guys first.
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭

Not a single one of my alts skipped Coldharbor, but the bug hit me 8 days during early access.
  • Withoutsoul
    nwnzocker wrote: »

Oh well, it was an idea! But still, if we can find out what everyone who had the bug happen to them had in common (there must be something), it gives the rest of us a shot at avoiding it (or continuing to avoid it).

I thought about it. Most often it happens when I am relogging to another char and had done some bank activity right before on the previous char. Maybe if you log off too fast (within 10 secs) and log in, it may cause bank to glitch? However I have often done it before and had no issue. In ESO due to limited space I, as a hoarder, had to relog constantly to arrange mats in my alts inventories. So it would be interesting to see if there is anyone who did not do any intense activity in bank, didn't relog fast, checked it, went playing, and lost everything when came back.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭

This.

Also if the players are not given ALL of their lost items and gold back I will quit playing this game along with many others, and will tell my friends that do streams on twitch and youtube to tell their followers to do the same.

I just wish that some people don't rush to complain on youtube or wherever right away. This issue has to be solved internally and we are given promise that it will be fixed. But if some people say "screw it! im gonna destroy it" and complain multiple times on every forum and portal possible, this will only hurt the game. Everyone can be frustrated, but we need to understand what they are going through and give them time. You can complain all you want here, but please- don't take it outside of ESO forums just yet. I love the game and don't want to see it die due to several launch issues...

They're hurting their own game by not fixing this with a hotfix right this second...like WoW, FF, LotR Online, Everquest, etc would have done right away.

I know one buddy of mine has 100K subs and is making a vid right now about how terrible the customer support is and is actively encouraging people not to play this game. He know's someone with 750K+ subs going to do the same thing if it happens to him.

For their own good the items and gold of others players needs to be returned ASAP.

Yes, we all know the power of negative publicity for a game, but with all due respect your buddy is an idiot. Encouraging potential players not to play this awesome game due to launch bugs just shows his nearsightedness. The game is great and fun, and I have seen a lot of issues being resolved in very short time, so it is progressing. Also customer support people are generally polite and very friendly on the phone. CS is definitely better than what I have ever seen from SWTOR for example. Just wait and see. There were bugs in the main story line, people reported them - they were fixed. No problem anymore. But if your "buddy" starts saying on youtube "game is so bad - you can't even progress through story line" - some thousands of people will not play it due to the bug that does not even exist anymore. And same thing could be true for the bank bug. Rushing to conclusions too quickly is always a bad idea.

Well then...my buddy better get his items and gold...this is the story so far:

Also would like to add my buddy told me he lost all his items in his bank except for four and about 50,000 gold in bank at the time. He opened up a ticket....no response for three days...finally was "escalated" at which point two days later they told him his items and gold couldn't be restored so he quit/cancelled his sub.

Zenimax....GIVE MY FRIENDS BACK THEIR ITEMS AND GOLD PLEASE!

They gave you $100...could they play the game now please?

Thanks
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already said IN THIS THREAD that people will be getting their items and bank tabs back. It will have to be done during a server maintenance, probably with a patch involved, to fix it for everyone. I've done a little bit of work on SQL databases, and while I'm certainly no expert, and wouldn't be able to work as a DBA somewhere, I know that a bug like this could be caused by something like an errant ' in one place in a table with hundreds of thousands of entries.

They probably have the DBA's working on a SQL script to fix it as we speak, and are planning to implement it during maintenance.
    Edited by Saerydoth on April 13, 2014 10:17PM
  • davidstaesb16_ESO
    140406-056387
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    They already said IN THIS THREAD that people will be getting their items and bank tabs back. It will have to be done during a server maintenance, probably with a patch involved, to fix it for everyone.

They probably have the DBA's working on a SQL script to fix it as we speak, and are planning to implement it during maintenance.

For the sake of this game, I really hope so.
  • Arathorn07
    Arathorn07
    Soul Shriven
    They already said IN THIS THREAD that people will be getting their items and bank tabs back. It will have to be done during a server maintenance, probably with a patch involved, to fix it for everyone.

For the sake of this game, I really hope so.

yeah, me too
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done a little bit of work on SQL databases. I'm FAR from being an expert, and I do not have the knowledge to work as a DBA anywhere. But I've tinkered a bit. And I know that a bug like this could very easily happen because of an errant ' in a table with hundreds of thousands of entries. That one little ' could FUBAR the whole thing.

From what I've observed of updates to this game so far, I fully expect this to be fixed for everyone on Tuesday during maintenance.

Btw, some interesting related reading: http://xkcd.com/327/
  • Barmits
    Barmits
    Soul Shriven
    Lost my 3 bank slot upgrades.

# 140413-115071
  • UrielX
    UrielX
    I'm in the completely destroyed character camp. No bank, no inventory, naked and no spent skill points.

First ingame ticket =140412-114386.... That was prior to maintenance. That was 19 hours ago, I supposedly was getting escalated.

I made another ticket via email to add more information since there wasn't a server rollback after maintenance.

Second ticket number was 140413-018071. This person is either totally incompetent, or not even a real person. I wrote back because the initial response was the generic "bank bug" and clearly that's not the problem I had. I've heard nothing since, but I got an exit survey (after I replied asking to talk to someone higher up).
    Edited by UrielX on April 13, 2014 10:22PM
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    cbrons wrote: »

Seems like you would fit in perfectly with the customer service administration at Zenimax, except you would have to refrain from openly posting about the fact that you don't care about your customers.

Here's a tip for idiot fan boys like yourself - just leave this thread and don't post another word, lest you annoying paying customers on here even further & cause them to cancel their subs and thus hurt the game you want to see succeed.

Yup.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • longbow66
    longbow66
    longbow66 wrote: »
    Just happened to me. Lost 20 slots, the 500 gold deposited, and who knows what items. I didn't even think to check my own personal inventories.

Game Design 101: Rollbacks/lost items are the ONE thing you cannot possibly allow to have happen. Your DBA's need to be let go, and hire ones who know how to do it right.
    Lol thats cute) you lost around 4k in total. How about more than 100k? once 100 slots, once 90 slots, once 120slots. Add to that the value of the items within (many purple and legendary upgrade mats). But they said they have a way of tracking our items, so I have high hopes on the return of the items. Lets just wait and trust them. For now.

So the amount you lose matters? I don't get to play that much, so the amount I lost is very very large to me.

You say they have a way of tracking items... someone else posts that he got told that he was SOL regarding his lost items. Which is it?

Anyways, it doesn't matter how much is lost. The fact is that losing *anything* is totally unacceptable. It's the first thing you hammer in testing. Where I work, it'd be your credit card transactions that'd be lost. Any loss of data: unacceptable. I know I'd lose my job if I caused something like this. This isn't just a "game" either. People have paid money for this service and soon will be asked to pay again for this "game", so if they don't have their ducks in a row *very* quickly, they'll be out of a lot of money.
  • mordicai052
    Lost my bank slots and got e-mail from support saying;

"Response By Email (Henrique) (04/12/2014 09:26 PM)
    Masser and Secunda shine on our meeting.

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team

We are sure that Molag Bal has been meddling with your bank, surely you have conquered some of the evil in Tamriel and Molag Bal is trying to strike fear into your heart!

We are currently working on this as a high priority, and we will fix it shortly.

We currently recommend that you not purchase additional slots as they may be lost when this is fixed in an upcoming patch.

Please bear with us as we work on this issue.

Divines guide you, friend.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Question Reference # 140412-109369
    Date Created: 04/12/2014 09:24 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 09:26 PM

The issue is not by any means solved.
  • Withoutsoul
    UrielX wrote: »
    I'm in the completely destroyed character camp. No bank, no inventory, naked and no spent skill points.

First ingame ticket =140412-114386.... That was prior to maintenance. That was 19 hours ago, I supposedly was getting escalated.

I made another ticket via email to add more information since there wasn't a server rollback after maintenance.

Second ticket number was 140413-018071. This person is either totally incompetent, or not even a real person. I wrote back because the initial response was the generic "bank bug" and clearly that's not the problem I had. I've heard nothing since, but I got an exit survey (after I replied asking to talk to someone higher up).

Yes dude - your issue is way more serious, but also less common from what I see. Probably the guy just assumed you are "bank bug" guy, since that is the code for them. None of us here lost skillpoints. I lost bank 3 or 4 times, but I checked all alts - they have mats in inv., inv upgrades, all skills. Hopefully they will fix your issue as well when they fix the banks.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    UrielX wrote: »

Yes dude - your issue is way more serious, but also less common from what I see. Probably the guy just assumed you are "bank bug" guy, since that is the code for them. None of us here lost skillpoints. I lost bank 3 or 4 times, but I checked all alts - they have mats in inv., inv upgrades, all skills. Hopefully they will fix your issue as well when they fix the banks.

If they don't there won't be any players remaining and the game will be free to play.
  • Withoutsoul
    Just happened to me. Lost 20 slots, the 500 gold deposited, and who knows what items. I didn't even think to check my own personal inventories.

Game Design 101: Rollbacks/lost items are the ONE thing you cannot possibly allow to have happen. Your DBA's need to be let go, and hire ones who know how to do it right.
    Lol thats cute) you lost around 4k in total. How about more than 100k? once 100 slots, once 90 slots, once 120slots. Add to that the value of the items within (many purple and legendary upgrade mats). But they said they have a way of tracking our items, so I have high hopes on the return of the items. Lets just wait and trust them. For now.

So the amount you lose matters? I don't get to play that much, so the amount I lost is very very large to me.

You say they have a way of tracking items... someone else posts that he got told that he was SOL regarding his lost items. Which is it?

Anyways, it doesn't matter how much is lost. The fact is that losing *anything* is totally unacceptable. It's the first thing you hammer in testing. Where I work, it'd be your credit card transactions that'd be lost. Any loss of data: unacceptable. I know I'd lose my job if I caused something like this. This isn't just a "game" either. People have paid money for this service and soon will be asked to pay again for this "game", so if they don't have their ducks in a row *very* quickly, they'll be out of a lot of money.

I absolutely agree with you here. Never said otherwise) Bugged quest is one thing, but to get something already and loose it later - that is the worst. Even loss of first upgrade or several items should not happen or be tolerated. But I fully trust they will fix this soon.
  • TurkeyBurgers
    TurkeyBurgers
    ✭✭
    I just experienced this on my main about 30 minutes ago. 90 bank slots full of epics and stacks of rare crafting materials, the vanity pets that come with the special edition, my maps, my gold. Everything is gone. I am wiped out. All of my alts banks are reduced to a 60 slots and all of my items are gone. I opened up a support ticket as fast as I could.

I guess this will decide if I stay subscribed to ESO.

What does my money get me?

I am paying a subscription, certainly they will have people competent enough to resolve this by restoring my items, my gold, and my bank tabs.

No way would Bethesda pull an EA games on us and simply ignore this problem and refuse to make it right. I don't want to believe they would. I will hold out hope because I still believe in them and I know in my heart they are not some EA game company who does not care about the consumers who are shelling out $160 a year subscription plus $60+ for the game. Certainly over 200 dollars gets some great customer service?

PLEASE fix this and restore my banks and my items and my gold! I really want to be able to give you my money. Please don't make me move onto another game and reverse the charges for the sub I added after the first free 30 days!

Patiently waiting for a response and resolution for this.

Support ticket # 140413-120998

Edited by TurkeyBurgers on April 13, 2014 10:32PM
  • Kineo
    Kineo
    My ticket number is: 140412-061510
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ticket is 140407-080971 was returned marked "solved" after a series of back and forth messages, including account verification questions, which I answered. Last heard on 4/12 in answer to my query about the status of the ticket on 4/8 and 4/9. Marked "solved."

I got the items back. Just not the gold or the bank space I bought.
    Edited by Srugzal on April 13, 2014 10:36PM
  • Withoutsoul
    I just experienced this on my main about 30 minutes ago. 90 bank slots full of epics and stacks of rare crafting materials, the vanity pets that come with the special edition, my maps, my gold. Everything is gone. I am wiped out. All of my alts banks are reduced to a 60 slots and all of my items are gone. I opened up a support ticket as fast as I could.

I guess this will decide if I stay subscribed to ESO.

What does my money get me?

I am paying a subscription, certainly they will have people competent enough to resolve this by restoring my items, my gold, and my bank tabs.

No way would Bethesda pull an EA games on us and simply ignore this problem and refuse to make it right. I don't want to believe they would. I will hold out hope because I still believe in them and I know in my heart they are not some EA game company who does not care about the consumers who are shelling out $160 a year subscription plus $60+ for the game. Certainly over 200 dollars gets some great customer service?

PLEASE fix this and restore my banks and my items and my gold! I really want to be able to give you my money. Please don't make me move onto another game and reverse the charges for the sub I added after the first free 30 days!

Patiently waiting for a response and resolution for this.

Support ticket # 140413-120998

You and me both, brother. Love the game - don't care that I have to pay for it - it's worth it. But this needs to be fixed, or my feelings won't let me touch it ever again...
This discussion has been closed.