Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Blink OP

• beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there are times when a NB "instant ports to me" and tries to stunlock me and kill me, I throw down my ultimate to stun him and use a potion. He disappears and stealths away. Even with my mage light I can't find him - so do I get upset because I can't pursue him and NB are too fast to stealth away? So your definition of counter play is that if someone DPS bursts and is not successfully, they should not be able to run away successfully? In that case, there is no such thing for a draw, in a 1v1 fight - its a duel to the death? If I remember correctly, there's even an intro hint that says that a valid tactic is to flee!

The point of this thread is to express that the bolt escape is not OP and is just another tactic amongst the dynamic pvp already in the game. All I can read on this thread is how the reason bolt escape is OP is because after a sorcerer tries to DPS burst and are unsuccessful - they should 'not' have a way out? lol

Wow. Please tell me you are joking. He does not vanish to the other side of the map like a Sorcerer does, and you can hit them with any AoE abilities you have. His stealth lasts 2.5 seconds and consumes a good 1/4th of has magicka bar. When the same thing happens to me on my DK, I just drop Burning Talons to snare him where he is, and proceed to hit him to death. Ironically enough, Sorcerers have their own version of my Burning Talons...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on April 17, 2014 7:47AM
  • johnwhitegm_ESO
    a sorcerer can only spam blink if they have full mana - if they have full mana they aren't throwing any magic spell damage? So what are they doing - weapon attacks with staff? lol, if they do spam blink to get to someone, they have no mana to do anything? Not sure of what the issue here is.

Quoting someone from a different thread: "People escaping, major problem. Bows killing you before you get up from a horse knockdown at almost any level, that's fine. It's fine in comparison to half the skills in the game, at least it doesn't end up cc locking you to death. Not like we are in an arena setting where killing one sorc makes a world of difference. "
  • naterie82ub17_ESO
    People escaping, major problem. Bows killing you before you get up from a horse knockdown at almost any level, that's fine.

lol i know.. people around here are pretty dumb.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahter wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me, but I find the Sorcerer blink ability severely overpowered, they just spam it and get out of any fight and then are like 50 ft away. Share your opinions please.

Ok first off, you are incorrect.
    They do not spam it, as there is a cooldown after the first use.
    Secondly, EVERY SINGLE CLASS HAS A GAP CLOSER. If you cannot charge into a sorcerer that blinks away you need to learn to play or learn to set up your stuns and knockdowns / incapicitates properly.

Please stop trying to ruin other classes because you are narrowminded regarding strategy or overall pvp skill. Bolt Escape is fine, learn to play.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Dahter wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me, but I find the Sorcerer blink ability severely overpowered, they just spam it and get out of any fight and then are like 50 ft away. Share your opinions please.

Ok first off, you are incorrect.
    They do not spam it, as there is a cooldown after the first use.
    Secondly, EVERY SINGLE CLASS HAS A GAP CLOSER. If you cannot charge into a sorcerer that blinks away you need to learn to play or learn to set up your stuns and knockdowns / incapicitates properly.

Please stop trying to ruin other classes because you are narrowminded regarding strategy or overall pvp skill. Bolt Escape is fine, learn to play.

Actually, you need to learn how gap closers work. They take time to get from where you are to the target, and in that time, a half decent Sorcerer can blink away. Besides... Gap closers require a target, and bolt does not. A Sorcerer can use bolt straight away, whereas we have to actually target you to use it. In the time it takes for us to find out where you have bolted to, you can use it again to place yourself out of range of our gap closers.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on April 18, 2014 8:34AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a sorcerer can only spam blink if they have full mana - if they have full mana they aren't throwing any magic spell damage? So what are they doing - weapon attacks with staff? lol, if they do spam blink to get to someone, they have no mana to do anything? Not sure of what the issue here is.
    "
    here is a prime excample of what they do
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCwvoUKUu1E

in SWTOR id would be called "heal to full and make them pay..."(for those who know that awsome developer statement)

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• johnwhitegm_ESO
    In the video, I see bolt escaping being used and then he has no mana - no issue. Thread should be closed- waste of time.
  • Aimeryan
    Aimeryan
    ✭✭
    He ends up taking the two players one by one because they split up. Each player was very low level, while he was a vet rank. I don't see the problem here - he even almost died while trying to do this.
  • Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously I don't think it's OP? I think the ability to teleport the way they do is quite challenging for me in PvP. Just allows me to use Toppling Charge.
  • DeathLich
    DeathLich
    Love the video! And do you see how many mana potions he has and uses?

I recently joined, play a bret sorc, and can't wait to get that ability. I used to play an undead mage in WoW and loved blink. I could use it soo many different ways. Such as casting feather fall, jumping off a cliff or high area, then blinking back which got a lot of players killed who like to chase down the squishy. I used to blink towards enemies a lot too then go invisible (I had the glyph to remove the timer) which almost always confused players.

My point about blink is it isn't OP and you must adjust your playstyle and ability bars to compensate for it. Nerfin blink, phffff.
  • Tribu
    Tribu
    Needs magica cost increase.

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    TRIBU - NEST Company Officer | NEST |
    Visit us at www.wasp-inc.com or YouTube
  • jarkko.holmieb17_ESO
    needs nothing, l2p
    - Sorry for the typos and my english, not focusing. I never do.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    Yeah, none of those other "perfect defense skills" are anywhere near as effective as bolt escape. That's why you're not seeing threads saying "OMG I tried to gank this DK and he just healed up and reflected everything". When anyone else gets jumped they get violated in their ear-hole while Sorcs giggle and poof.

May not be as effective, but hey, so what? why don't you call DK's pull or instant 3sec knock down OP? or NB's invisibility OP? Or Templar's insane healing OP?

You ask for perfect similarity, guess what, thats not an option for any multi-class RPG.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harakh wrote: »
    I would not nerf it but it needs to be tweaked down a bit higher costs or something, cause bolt escape is to powerful as you can see here.
    Did you DIE by that insanely POWERFUL bolt escape?

Gosh, so powerful, I imagine it kills 5 enemies in 1 second!
    Edited by crislevin on April 21, 2014 4:48PM
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    Eh, but i don't really mind blink being OP. Game is not design for 1v1.

This is so true. I am enjoying, and dying, but not enjoying dying, where a game is not balanced to the point that everything is the same except for skill names.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, when I am on the travel, I can do 4 BE in a roll.

But in a combat? lets see, 1 shard fragment, 1 lightening flood, two staff attack, or 3 elemental ring, Jee, guess how many BE I can use then.

It's a joke to call it op.
  • codyyoungnub18_ESO
    Can we merge this thread with "Two Handers, Dual Wielding, Mages, and Rangers are OP" , "Shield Bash is OP", "Vampire is OP", "DK are way OP", "Vet players are OP", "AOE is OP", "Range is OP" threads so we can weed out what isn't OP as that would be a smaller list based on the these cry threads no?
  • calvin.tracy_ESO
    calvin.tracy_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's the same in every single MMO the melee classes complain because the class that is supposed to be the boomstick (the mage) can get away from their close range damage. As it's been states the ability in question takes a lot of mana to use and if used more than twice makes the sorcerer unable to cast any spells and is no threat therefore no more boomstick and nothing to worry about.

The only logic I see behind the people complaining about this ability is "RAWR
  • calvin.tracy_ESO
    calvin.tracy_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So because the class that is supposed to be the boom stick of the game has a get away it's op? Alright if it's so op then I want all of your gap closers, heals, and instant damge abilities to have a long cd. On top of your other escapes you will also have more stam than the sorcerer giving you more chances to doge spells.

I am stunned every time I see someone complain at the mage class because they can get away from damage that other classes can so easily inflict on them, Not to mention in this game every sorcerer ability costs you an arm and a leg to cast. There is no logic here other than a people complaining because the easy kill that sorcerers currently are, are not easy enough to kill by button mashing and using all of your health regen stam regen and gap closers. This really makes me sick.
  • Korereactor
    Korereactor
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone raced the fast mounts with this skill? Like quarter mile? I've been using it to get around - its just so fun!! lol (having to stop for dark conversion may not make that work so well, but potions? Something fun to try anyway lol)
    Edited by Korereactor on April 22, 2014 12:07AM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rangers are not OP. This is because staves can use a large AOE spamming ability which is much more useful in a siege. Bolt Escape is OP however. The guy kills one of your teammates you go and help and boom he is gone. You cannot even counter this. Also when the enemy alliance stole a scroll the person carrying it was a sorcerer, he /she just spammed bolt escape whenever he / she was in danger. You can also escape armies with this. No other class has an ability similar to this. They need to make the Magicka cost similar to dodge / roll's cost or make the ability something different like a charge ability but with more range than the other charge abilities. Anyone who disagrees with a nerf is most likely a sorcerer themselves or just in denial.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    yes may times have i seen sorcerors easily outrun horses, wait till you see a vet10 sorceror blink they can do it forever . using magica cost reduction/max magica/magica regen, its easy to endlessly spam it.
    Edited by Mephiston87 on April 22, 2014 2:29PM
  • Mercutio_Montague
    yes may times have i seen sorcerors easily outrun horses, wait till you see a vet10 sorceror blink they can do it forever . using magica cost reduction/max magica/magica regen, its easy to endlessly spam it.

while I don't have an Opinion on this. Endlessly spam it? Wow like you are on my thread....Just full of crap
    Edited by Mercutio_Montague on April 22, 2014 2:31PM
  • Mercutio_Montague
    Rangers are not OP. This is because staves can use a large AOE spamming ability which is much more useful in a siege. Bolt Escape is OP however. The guy kills one of your teammates you go and help and boom he is gone. You cannot even counter this. Also when the enemy alliance stole a scroll the person carrying it was a sorcerer, he /she just spammed bolt escape whenever he / she was in danger. You can also escape armies with this. No other class has an ability similar to this. They need to make the Magicka cost similar to dodge / roll's cost or make the ability something different like a charge ability but with more range than the other charge abilities. Anyone who disagrees with a nerf is most likely a sorcerer themselves or just in denial.

Before you nerf this zenimax. Nerf Templars aerdric spear. At least bolt escape can't kill you. The spear can own loads of people at the same time
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still call it bull, the Vamp's ultimate that can be reduced to cost only 4 ultima, now thats OP.

And why the hell should DK do an instant 3 second knockdown, and SPAM them?

And why the hell all other classes has better healing than Sorc, NERF THEM ALL!
    Edited by crislevin on April 22, 2014 2:47PM
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even remotely over powered... For an equivalent expenditure of my stamina I can run them down in medium armor + steed mundus stone + full Divines armor + bow dodge boost + speed potion...and that's all pointless if I happen to have Extended Chains on my bar at the time which can be used on them mid bolt. I've done this a few times to sorcs trying to disengage but doing little more than be my pretty little electric yo-yo.

The most consecutive bolts I've personally seen since it was unjustifiably nerfed to reduce magicka regen on use, is 9. I can catch them if under 5 bolts, but I figure if they get up to 6 they are so far away from whatever I just chased them from they are no longer a factor. I can just jog away and find a nice shady spot to recover while they go sit in a corner themselves and think about what they did...naughty little Sorc.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    Not even remotely over powered... For an equivalent expenditure of my stamina I can run them down in medium armor + steed mundus stone + full Divines armor + bow dodge boost + speed potion...and that's all pointless if I happen to have Extended Chains on my bar at the time which can be used on them mid bolt. I've done this a few times to sorcs trying to disengage but doing little more than be my pretty little electric yo-yo.

The most consecutive bolts I've personally seen since it was unjustifiably nerfed to reduce magicka regen on use, is 9. I can catch them if under 5 bolts, but I figure if they get up to 6 they are so far away from whatever I just chased them from they are no longer a factor. I can just jog away and find a nice shady spot to recover while they go sit in a corner themselves and think about what they did...naughty little Sorc.

This.

The skill is perfectly fine as is.

In fact, they should undo the nerf and remove the reduction to magicka regen.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "

in SWTOR id would be called "heal to full and make them pay..."(for those who know that awsome developer statement)

So what, now if you are able kill terrible players that skill is de facto OP?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Noveltease
    I have not read this entire thread, but this is a perfect video as to why it is OP.

http://www.twitch.tv/erlexx/c/4030246

p.s. Erlexx apologies if you don't like the link but on the bright side you get more views.
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    "

Just about everyone he/she fought was lower level. That was a VR sorc against non VR players. The sorc stayed mobile, let the lower levels separate and then picked them off. A decent VR player can destroy lower level players bolster or not.