Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Blink OP

• Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    Noveltease wrote: »
    I have not read this entire thread, but this is a perfect video as to why it is OP.

http://www.twitch.tv/erlexx/c/4030246

p.s. Erlexx apologies if you don't like the link but on the bright side you get more views.

Scroll runners should not be able to use escape tools. They should have to depend on the allies. Had a vamp do that same thing earlier today.
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Needs magicka cost x2 or x3.
  • Beckenbauer
    I dont think its OP, they should leave it like that or empower it a bit becouse thats almost the only defense they have, remember that they use light armor and that is a huge disadvantage against the other classes. Also its the funniest skill to play as a sorc. if they take that away or nerf it, in my opinion theyll be just killing that class.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feidam wrote: »
    a sorcerer can only spam blink if they have full mana - if they have full mana they aren't throwing any magic spell damage? So what are they doing - weapon attacks with staff? lol, if they do spam blink to get to someone, they have no mana to do anything? Not sure of what the issue here is.
    "
    here is a prime excample of what they do
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCwvoUKUu1E

in SWTOR id would be called "heal to full and make them pay..."(for those who know that awsome developer statement)

Just about everyone he/she fought was lower level. That was a VR sorc against non VR players. The sorc stayed mobile, let the lower levels separate and then picked them off. A decent VR player can destroy lower level players bolster or not.

even though i don´t disagree the problem is the fact that sorcs have the tools to use "blink" excessivly to escape any unfavoured situation and return imidiatly by pots/dark exchange without any downside.
    a simple fix would be adding a stamina consumption after it has been used (could be easily explained by roleplay aspects) lets say 25% the blink can be used at every stamina value but if you would drop below 0% stamina after its usage you will be disoriented for 10sec.
    that way dark exchange wont heal you back to full health and mana values after excessive blink usement. cc would no longer be a non issue as it is now.
    but anyway balance issues will not be fixed any time soon with all the problems the game currently has beside pvp balance :D
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Feidam wrote: »
    a sorcerer can only spam blink if they have full mana - if they have full mana they aren't throwing any magic spell damage? So what are they doing - weapon attacks with staff? lol, if they do spam blink to get to someone, they have no mana to do anything? Not sure of what the issue here is.
    "
    here is a prime excample of what they do
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCwvoUKUu1E

in SWTOR id would be called "heal to full and make them pay..."(for those who know that awsome developer statement)

Just about everyone he/she fought was lower level. That was a VR sorc against non VR players. The sorc stayed mobile, let the lower levels separate and then picked them off. A decent VR player can destroy lower level players bolster or not.

even though i don´t disagree the problem is the fact that sorcs have the tools to use "blink" excessivly to escape any unfavoured situation and return imidiatly by pots/dark exchange without any downside.
    a simple fix would be adding a stamina consumption after it has been used (could be easily explained by roleplay aspects) lets say 25% the blink can be used at every stamina value but if you would drop below 0% stamina after its usage you will be disoriented for 10sec.
    that way dark exchange wont heal you back to full health and mana values after excessive blink usement. cc would no longer be a non issue as it is now.
    but anyway balance issues will not be fixed any time soon with all the problems the game currently has beside pvp balance :D

How is "blinking" (which isnt even the name of the spell) to escape an unfavorable situation any different than an NB vanishing or anyone using an invisibility potion to drop combat? There is no balance issue. Its an escape mechanic, one thats been around for a long time for the Mage playstyle, and its necessary because it addresses the defensive vulnerabilities they have. Because they can escape from combat it doesnt make them any more deadly.... quite the contrary actually. When they run, you win. Just because you dont get a kill is no reason to cry for nerfs. And the fact that your post shows such bias tells me that you play a NB that likes to gank or a DK who uses their chains to yank people into a gank fest.

What you are proposing is ludicrous. How about everyone learn to play? They cant blink when knocked down....
    Edited by SexyVette07 on April 23, 2014 11:34AM
  • johnwhitegm_ESO
    Blink is fine; please close thread. Tired of reading the same bland arguments over and over - L2P.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thevenin wrote: »
    Needs magicka cost x2 or x3.
    it cost 300+ as is, make it x2, nobody will be able to cast a single one in a fight.

Total bull. Why don't they make it x2 or x3 for DK's knock down, dragon blood or something else?

Bunch of people don't even play Sorc in PvP, coming here making all the assumptions.

Edited by crislevin on April 23, 2014 4:05PM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, you need to learn how gap closers work. They take time to get from where you are to the target, and in that time, a half decent Sorcerer can blink away. Besides... Gap closers require a target, and bolt does not. A Sorcerer can use bolt straight away, whereas we have to actually target you to use it. In the time it takes for us to find out where you have bolted to, you can use it again to place yourself out of range of our gap closers.

First, gap closer almost always initiated by the attacker. Which full-assed decent sorc can blink away if they don't even know they will be attacked?

BE also need directional targeting, BE into s small rock on the ground will stop the path right there.

And Sorc blink away from your gap closer is just the point of this spell. Because gap closer needs to be countered. Why don't you argue nerfing gap closer?

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is "blinking" (which isnt even the name of the spell) to escape an unfavorable situation any different than an NB vanishing or anyone using an invisibility potion to drop combat?
    drop an AE and these effects are neglected if its an ae cc type they are ccéd on top aswell. do the same vs a bolt escaping sorc and nothing happens
    TAnd the fact that your post shows such bias tells me that you play a NB that likes to gank or a DK who uses their chains to yank people into a gank fest.
    great usumpotion but completly wrong, sorc and templar are my classes ...
    from your bias i would guess your playing a sorc that wants to keep its invulmode as you have to be really dumb (or unlucky when beeing insta gibbed) to lose a fight as a sorc currently if your opponent is ´nt a sorc aswell.

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Zafu
    Zafu
    ✭✭
    All any developers have to do is log-in and PVP. In all the discussions regarding over powered skills in the many MMO's I've played, this one is a no-brainer. There aren't even two sides. Everyone knows the skill is stupid and OP; just those who want it fixed and those that like being OP.

Play your game Devs and take care of balancing this absurd mechanic.

-Zafu
  • Phaeze
    Phaeze
    I dont think its OP, they should leave it like that or empower it a bit becouse thats almost the only defense they have, remember that they use light armor and that is a huge disadvantage against the other classes. Also its the funniest skill to play as a sorc. if they take that away or nerf it, in my opinion theyll be just killing that class.

I would like to amend your argument a bit here.

First: Sorcerers are not limited to light armor in any way. However, they will not have the special armor perks from the light armor tree if they decided to go with a tankier or stealthier build. Eschewing the traditional light armor mage class would also leave them unable to cast Bolt Escape as often as the squishy ones unless they poured all their attribute points into Magicka, and they would not have the regeneration perks to back it up.

Second: Bolt Escape is the only escape they have. It is not the only defense they have. However, it is the most tactically sound variety of defense for a sorcerer who has invested heavily in light armor and skills which consume magicka.

I do agree that Bolt Escape is fine. It has been shown that it can work, but also that it can be prevented and/or countered by players who know what they are doing.
    -Shadow hide you-