Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS banning cheaters - Question on the FoV addon/mod

• Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    FishBreath wrote: »
    I just tried the mod, and it's great. 68 vertical FOV is perfect for me. At least to my knowledge the max value 74 gives wider than 90 horizontal FOV.

Here's a good FOV calculator (with even formula included):
    http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

68 vertical FOV should be 100 horizontal FOV with 16:9 ratio resolution.
    So that means on a 1920x1080 reso the default FOV I posted above was 79° horiz.

50° vert (default) = 79° horiz
    74° vert (max) = 106° horiz

Cool. I have seen calculators before but never used them. I just go with the max due to resource gathering being my prime motivator. :)
  • Kapu0
    Kapu0
    Fov addon????? What
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a list of what you can and can't do with add-ons. Also, didn't they disable certain code that they weren't allowing anymore. A modified FOV wouldn't give you any more advantage than playing in 3rd person as far as viewing angle.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • elderscrollsb16_ESO109
    The subject of this post is about the use of a MOD that can change Field Of Vue value.
    I.E. it's a program external to the game that change a value in computer memory.

This is totally different from an add-on.

There's nothing prohibited within ADD-ONs use since add-ons use the function that the developer give us to use.
    If somebody find a way to use those functions to make something that gave some players an unfair advantage, those functions will be corrected / removed.
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    I think using a mod to gain a higher FoV should be considered cheating, or at least unfair advantage - until a FoV option is available in-game.
    Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    I think using a mod to gain a higher FoV should be considered cheating, or at least unfair advantage - until a FoV option is available in-game.

3rd person view has a unfair advantage over 1st person view.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It reduces your field of vision down to first person view (ie out your characters eyes) doesn't actually give you an edge, in fact not using it gives you a better point of view.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on April 21, 2014 1:06PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This FOV mod/hack isn't an add on. It's executable.
    Is there something in the following post you don't understand?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/656932/#Comment_656932
  • Series6
    Series6
    Soul Shriven
    I think those lazy enough to post "this is a hack/ban/blah should go and read the previous pages.

ZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin
    2:54PM edited 3:07PM
    Apologies, everyone. We'll check on the status of this now.
    Edit: Looks like the team took a close look, and we see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use this mod. Thanks for your patience while we looked into this, and enjoy!
    Vae Soli - Woe to the solitary person.
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭

You must be a hoot at parties, bro.

Third person is so superior to First, do you begrudge people who would like to close the gap.. a little? (Third will still be better, but at least First will be usable now) :cold_sweat:
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • Dosh42
    Dosh42
    I tried this FOV mod and entered the max FOV which was 74, anyways i really don't like it and was wondering if someone knows what the default FOV was in ESO before using this mod? or how i just reset my FOV? thanks.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dosh42 wrote: »
    I tried this FOV mod and entered the max FOV which was 74, anyways i really don't like it and was wondering if someone knows what the default FOV was in ESO before using this mod? or how i just reset my FOV? thanks.

Default is 50 I think. To reset the FOV, you could just exit the game and restart it.
  • Dosh42
    Dosh42
    Drazhar14 wrote: »

Default is 50 I think. To reset the FOV, you could just exit the game and restart it.
    Ah i didn't realize it resets on restart, ty
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop skipping posts! People are so lazy, info is right on this same page at the top.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/668845/#Comment_668845

More info, here in the same thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/656868/#Comment_656868

Plus fair warning on the fish eye lensing. Again this same thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/657649/#Comment_657649
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    im not being funny, but if u spend ur hard earned cash on a super gpu rather than in game gold (ahar), u deserve a high fps. They allow mods so cant really see a problem. I know for a fact everyone on my friends list uses skyshards mod and surely that gives more advantage.
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if they said they were or they didn't. The fact of the matter is that you are adding something to your game that was not originally in it, giving you now an unfair advantage over other players. Am I wrong here?

yes you are, mods are allowed.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    anfmofo wrote: »
    im not being funny, but if u spend ur hard earned cash on a super gpu rather than in game gold (ahar), u deserve a high fps. They allow mods so cant really see a problem. I know for a fact everyone on my friends list uses skyshards mod and surely that gives more advantage.
    FOV = Field of Vision

This has nothing to do with FPS. Please read a little more carefully.
  • Daggers
    Daggers
    ✭✭✭
    I just ran around killing stuff using the mod, the first person view is so much more enjoyable now! :D

So, you totally trust a stand alone .exe to alter your client memory and do nothing else at all. You are quite sure of this ?

So - and I am not saying this exe does it - next time you run one of these things and it records your user id and password you will not complain will you.

I would NEVER trust something that is not an actual ADDON. You are asking for trouble - but hey. It's your call.

The Dev team examined it and said it was okay to use... that is why I waited, for the reasons you stated.

Not going to get involved in this, but I think it's worth pointing out that the Dev team were saying you won't get banned for using it; they weren't offering security advice or giving it a badge of health, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to crawl through disassembled code every time the .exe is updated for future patches.

.exe files can be harmful because unlike trojans and viruses, they don't have to pretend to be something else, and with a little creative coding can a lot of things you don't want them to do without popping up virus alerts.
    The best things in life make you sweaty.
    -Poe
  • LowestFormOfWit
    LowestFormOfWit
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you thread for identifying who is a complete moron for thinking an FOV slider is some kind of cheat or unfair advantage.

If you don't know what FOV is or how changing it affects your game, you should use google or the links posted by the non-plebeians in the thread instead of posting ignorance.
    Edited by LowestFormOfWit on April 26, 2014 4:33PM
  • Sorien
    Sorien
    This may be a somewhat old topic but I just thought you guys may want to know that there's a better program for all of this our there called "ESO Launcher", the support thread is here: ESO Launcher Support Thread

The main website is here: ESO Launcher Main Site

It lets you edit your first person and third person FoV separately as well as a bunch of other graphics options.