Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost City of Na-Totumba (Alik'r Desert)

• Mousmoula
    Mousmoula
    Khupa wrote: »
    3 of the bosses don't even show up. Clacker - Vath'ira - Na-totambu Sword Saint.
    - and the puzzle even using TS on a 8 man group nothing happened.

All the bosses spawn, you just need to be patient. Sometimes really patient, but in the end they all spawn
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I was successful today:
    14brm29.jpg
    2zdtai0.jpg
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    The "solve the puzzle" group achievement is bugged. Currently it can only be achieved when the server has been reset. Once someone has finished it after the server reset you will have to wait until the next server reset.
    The other achievement (kill 3 and 5 champions) DOES work, without having to wait until server reset.
  • Joka_Kid
    Joka_Kid
    I'm not sure how I got it when I died while waiting around with 20 other people there. Damn you hotpockets! Why do you have to be sooooo good. 2wqvkev.jpg
  • carazvaneb17_ESO
    I managed to get this achievement a few days ago and it seems to be a combination of a bug and of a puzzle noone knows exactly. The thing to check seems to be whether you can interact with the shield behind the stones. If you can, try running combinations until the shield lights up and then lights off. Then push the shield, 3 guardians appear and you get challenge when you beat them.

If the shield is non-interactable it seems like the quest is bugged and the bosses auto-respawn after some time but you don't get the achievement when you beat them.
    Edited by carazvaneb17_ESO on May 8, 2014 11:07PM
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appears to be fixed with 1.1.
  • Cytherion
    Cytherion
    Yep working got achievement but no skill point
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranrach wrote: »
    The "solve the puzzle" group achievement is bugged. Currently it can only be achieved when the server has been reset. Once someone has finished it after the server reset you will have to wait until the next server reset.
    The other achievement (kill 3 and 5 champions) DOES work, without having to wait until server reset.

Incorrect, it works at any time, but you need 5 people for it to work.

1 person on each of the bottom ones, 1 person on the top left, one person on the middle right, 1 person clicks the shield when it's not red anymore. I got the achievement with a pug group never the less but no skill point,
  • eventHandler
    eventHandler
    ✭✭✭
    The hint is looking at the shield on the wall. The swords are in a circle. Scorpions eat spiders eat scarabs is what came to mind first for me. But it looks like you go in the other direction starting with scarabs. Its a circle of life thing. And just two people to do it. At first I thought you needed three (one for each type), but Vextun shows the actual solution. Since there are pairs of each, you do it in stages.

I also noticed you can hear gears and chains sometimes when standing on the correct pressure plates (which is each scarab at the start of the puzzle), but it seems inconsistent because this morning I'm not hearing the sounds I did yesterday.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    For Arghu-ra, hes a Khajiit is the first room with all the "Duneraider" mobs, he is the only one, standing by the "bonfire" however, generally with a guard of two mage spawns. Killed him 4 times in the same spot, with the same spawns. And he seems to have a pretty fast re-spawn timer.

Not true. This one doesn't have a fast spawn timer. I've been waiting for half an hour now.
  • xandraxas
    xandraxas
    Soul Shriven
    If I remember correctly,(it's been weeks) all I did was do it by matching the symbols on the wall with the ones on the floor. Clicked the wall first then went to the same symbol on the floor and clicked it. As I did it the floor tile was no longer active when you hovered over it with your cursor. And I believe I went clockwise when I did it. When I did it randomly a wraith appeared, which was no big deal, just kill it. When I inactivated all the floor tiles that completed the puzzle, and then I think I had to talk to someone to get the reward.
  • twisted
    twisted
    Soul Shriven
    there is no silver bla bla thingy, picture plz if it there was on some corner where puzzle bout an hour no silver boss thingy bugs everywhereeeeeee!!
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hint is looking at the shield on the wall. The swords are in a circle. Scorpions eat spiders eat scarabs is what came to mind first for me. But it looks like you go in the other direction starting with scarabs. Its a circle of life thing. And just two people to do it. At first I thought you needed three (one for each type), but Vextun shows the actual solution. Since there are pairs of each, you do it in stages.

I also noticed you can hear gears and chains sometimes when standing on the correct pressure plates (which is each scarab at the start of the puzzle), but it seems inconsistent because this morning I'm not hearing the sounds I did yesterday.

This is a real stretch, quest is still bugged btw and never even gave a skill point so avoid this at all costs.
  • Deccion
    Deccion
    ✭✭

This is a real stretch, quest is still bugged btw and never even gave a skill point so avoid this at all costs.

I did it last night and it worked as described. Skill point an all.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Have somebody found out if it is still bugged or just hard to find out ? and if so, can somebody give us the anws ^^ pls?
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    it is working well - I got the skill point and also the achievement yesterday. I do not know the exact solution, I went there and a group just started the event, so I joined them :)
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Thats good ^^ me and my group did a sec run, and did get to finish the quest and achievement , but no skill point :/ seems it still a little buggy for some ppl, but cleared it on the map so i wont complain , but would be nice with the skill point tho :smile:
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • Vusile
    Vusile
    ✭✭✭
    Finally figured out the combination after doing it on two separate characters.

All you need is 2 people to complete the puzzle, however, you will need at least 3 people to kill the bosses... They are hard.

Basically, there are 6 panels. Two scorpions, two spiders, and two scarabs.
    Two people at a time, you need to step on the same panel.

First combo. Two people step on both of the spider panels.
    Second combo. Two people step on both of the scorpion panels in the center.
    Third combo. Two people step on both of the scarab panels in the center.

At this point, the red shield should light up. Go to it and press it. It should say your actions have no effect.

Now go back and step on these next three combos.
    Fourth combo. Two people step on both of the spider panels.
    Fifth combo. Two people step on both of the scarab panels.
    Sixth combo. Two people step on both of the center scorpion panels.

The shield will remain lit off, however, if you press it now, it summons 3 really strong bosses. Kill them and the skill point is yours.

Cheers.

P.S. Just noticed Vextun's solution. His shows the last three combinations I listed. That may work too. Have not tried it, but I'm guessing it should work =)
    Edited by Vusile on July 22, 2014 6:02AM
  • Dracoria
    Dracoria
    This might seem a bit silly to say in a multi-player game.. but..

Any plans to make this solo-able now that theres less people in the lower zones?
    I don't have any friends atm so I've been here spamming chat with /y for at least 30 minutes.
    I tried using pets and "bolt escape" but no
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vusile wrote: »
    Finally figured out the combination after doing it on two separate characters.

All you need is 2 people to complete the puzzle, however, you will need at least 3 people to kill the bosses... They are hard.

Basically, there are 6 panels. Two scorpions, two spiders, and two scarabs.
    Two people at a time, you need to step on the same panel.

First combo. Two people step on both of the spider panels.
    Second combo. Two people step on both of the scorpion panels in the center.
    Third combo. Two people step on both of the scarab panels in the center.

At this point, the red shield should light up. Go to it and press it. It should say your actions have no effect.

Now go back and step on these next three combos.
    Fourth combo. Two people step on both of the spider panels.
    Fifth combo. Two people step on both of the scarab panels.
    Sixth combo. Two people step on both of the center scorpion panels.

The shield will remain lit off, however, if you press it now, it summons 3 really strong bosses. Kill them and the skill point is yours.

Cheers.

P.S. Just noticed Vextun's solution. His shows the last three combinations I listed. That may work too. Have not tried it, but I'm guessing it should work =)

This is your answer. I've run this dungeon multiple times with my guildies and we always get all the bosses, the puzzle and we get the achievement and the skill point. The puzzle isn't hard to figure out once you look at it and realize the tiles are in pairs. Thanks Vusile for posting this for people...and saving me the time! ;)
    Edited by MornaBaine on February 19, 2015 11:26AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Nilmot
    Nilmot
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to further confirm the "pair" solution Vusile left.