Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Halls of torment / Lyris Doppelganger

• Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    @Sakiri‌
    My response was on topic to the thread subject. Yours was not.
    If you are talking about my response telling you this isn't the thread for that discussion, you are correct. But that comment was meant to deter someone from going off subject by responding to your comment. I suppose I could have just flagged it for an admin to respond to.

As for the difficulty of the fight, it would be made a lot better by just fixing the NPC's (which I believe they are/have fixing/fixed). No need to demand that solo instances be eliminated.

"If this were a niche game I'd agree with you."
    Not really sure what you are referring to with that comment as I have said many things which can be disagreed on. A quote may be in order.

As for this not being a niche game, I will respectfully disagree and leave it at that.
  • alexbuck95b14_ESO
    alexbuck95b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This quest was horrible. Level 31 dps dragonknight.

I usually use dual wield as my main weapons and then resto staff as my secondary. Fortunately, I also had a decent bow with me. After dying over and over, I finally found a decent system to keep myself alive and beat Doshia (only works with Dragonknight's:)

Make sure you have Dragon Blood (under draconic power) and Take Flight (the ultimate ability), as well as a bow equipped. I didn't find much use for any of the bow skills but obviously they can be helpful, try and use skills that cost stamina rather than magica. What I did with Doshia was stand back and shoot her with my bow, doing my best to avoid the damn hand things she sends at you. When the spheres appear, do your best to shoot 3 of the 4 AT LEAST. This is because for every 3 you shoot, you recharge your ultimate ability. Once your ultimate ability is recharged, use Take Flight on her, which will knock off a few points. Repeat. In between use your dragon blood in order to retain your health, and I recommend plenty of potions as well, just in case. If you can manage to hit 3 of the 4 spheres while fighting her, you'll be able to recharge your ultimate ability every round and use it against her, which over time will eventually wear her down enough to the point where you can kill her. Lyris is of very little help but she will occasionally pop up and start battling, not enough to do any damage but enough to distract Lyris Doppel so you can retain some health.

Hope this helps! This quest was awful, at least with Mannimarco it was kind of fun... this was just horrible. GL guys!
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll add to the chorus of this being frustrating as hell. Two handed level 34 DK here. All blue armor, legendary sword, Lyris still beating the crap out of me. NOT a level 30 quest. Either the level needs to be raised or the encounter made possible to achieve by the average gamer.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto. I took Tharn and he's not a big help for me.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tharn was pretty good help in my case..
  • AllTheFoodIsPoison
    AllTheFoodIsPoison
    Soul Shriven
    finally solved it!! Sorta kicking myself for not figuring it out sooner. My character is a templar, so I went up to her and meleed her, and dealt with those infuriating health balls by using the Aedric Spear ability to, as soon as they all got close to her at once, shatter them all simultaneously (while also doing damage to her) and just hacked her with my sword between each Aedric Spearing. Not sure what the other classes would do since I haven't played them to that high of a level, but overall it seems that the key is to focus on whichever ability allows you to take out multiple targets at once, or does radius damage, and BUST THOSE BALLS! Hope this helps someone out there
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should never, ever have been forced solo. Players have to get past this questline to access two thirds of the pve content.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 47 Nightblade and cannot beat the Lyris Doppelganger, not that one of the three bosses in the Fighters Guild quest, and also not the Harvesters you have to kill during the biggest quest in Coldharbour.
    Without being able to cast either area effect spells or summon anything, you're pretty much forced to either start a new character (preferably a Sorcerer) or to simply unsubscribe (which I consider now).
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• nostrudel
    nostrudel
    Soul Shriven
    After reading these posts, I really dreaded trying to solo this quest as a level 30 healing spec clothie, especially since I had real issues with my first character, an over leveled NB, with the quest to rescue Tharn (the skellie casters kept incinerating me until I figured out where I could stand so I didn't agro any of them, and pull them one at a time). But I decided to try it anyway. Shocking, but I completed it first try with zero death! Two words: Storm Atronach. Make sure it's ready to go when you get to the bosses. I also used both my pets, and they did a pretty good job of keeping the bosses' attentions away from me, so I could aoe the adds. When Lyris transforms and the little balls come out, zap them all at the same time with aoe. Not exactly cake, but not a turd either.
  • Molisin01
    Molisin01
    ✭✭
    I had to wait 10 or 11 levels after in order to take down the harvester at the time; however I did notice one thing when I targeted the harvester and moved my aim a little, I saw that there were actually 2 health bars there, one for the harvester and one for the doppelganger lyris. Not sure if this helps but as the feast healed the harvester it did not heal the other health bar and it stayed at low health. I used a bow and kept hitting the harvester and saw the other bar (I think it said Lyris) keep going down as I hit the harvester (I had Thorn for this encounter btw) The harvester healed up again using the feast but "lyris" did not. When I killed the "lyris," the harvester died even though it was almost at full health. This all may have happened after I died a few times there though.
  • Molisin01
    Molisin01
    ✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »
    I'm level 47 Nightblade and cannot beat the Lyris Doppelganger, not that one of the three bosses in the Fighters Guild quest, and also not the Harvesters you have to kill during the biggest quest in Coldharbour.
    Without being able to cast either area effect spells or summon anything, you're pretty much forced to either start a new character (preferably a Sorcerer) or to simply unsubscribe (which I consider now).

try steel tornado. It seems to work good on the harvesters and their feasts as a NB. I had to solo one in the VR.
  • voylissaub17_ESO
    voylissaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This quest is ridiculous... :'(
  • thevreelander
    thevreelander
    Soul Shriven
    This quest isn't nearly as hard as people make it out to be and I felt compelled to make a forum account just to give my opinion on this quest. This was the hardest thing I've done in ESO so far, and it was finally a challenge something I was longing for playing this game since I started. As a long time player of FFXI, I realize most of you wouldn't survive 2 seconds in that game if you think this quest is anything past challenging.

I am a 31 DK Berseker/Battlemage build, max stamina regen.

The Tharn Doppleganger was easy, I treated him like any other boss. Started out with AoE DoT attacks like Elemental Blockade, Dark Talons, and Fiery Breath. Tried to keep those up as much as I can during the fight as possible. Dropped my ultimate pretty early in the fight which was the Dragonknight Standard for a powerful DoT. Switched then to my two-hand and just spammed Two Handed skills till he died, didn't even touch the skeletons and he was dead within 20 seconds.

The Lyris Doppleganger was the most difficult thing I've faced so far. I died once the first time I decided to just treat Lyris like any other boss and did the same strategy I did vs Tharn but I couldn't zerg her down fast enough to kill her before she healed (think she was at around 1.2k health still after the attempt), so I just revived got back up and decided to apply from strategy.

When I began the fight I did my standard AoE DoT attacks and also dropped my ultimate again I tried to keep the AoE DoT attacks up as much as I could throughout the fight. I switched to Two Hand and spammed skills until the healing bubbles started to come heal her. When that started happening I backed off, went out of range, switched to my destruction Staff and would just kill them 1 by 1 with heavy attacks, they would all die by the time they got to her since they would enter the DoT area and they would all be attacked. While being at Range you can easily dodge most of Lyris's attacks too. Once they were all gone I'd switch back to my two hand, spam skills. Fight took about 5 minutes and she went down. Ending up using 2 healing potions.

Key is to use your ultimates, DoT her and make sure to hit the healing bubbles.
  • Nurmana
    Nurmana
    ✭✭
    i had this quest now too with lyris doppleganger, and took me almost 2 hours and 5 deaths to kill that snake-***. i had lyris with me, she was ofc utter useless. granted she fought a bit, but she doesnt do any damage at all if i agro the enemy first and is in her KO-status (just sitting there exhausted) after 10 seconds. titanborn.. right.

i am (today when i have beaten that enemy) a L31.5 nightblade and focused massively on bow, and siphoning, and as such i have 12magicka, 9 life, 9 stamina. i have 5 heavy and 3 medium armor parts on me. hotkeyed are soultrap, siphoning, venom arrow, knockback arrow, and snipe (that artillery-strike shot), ultimate is veil of blades.

as i said, i died 5 times, and almost a 6th time, and the key to my success as bow-nightblade was that shot which knocks the enemy back and stuns him for 1-2 seconds. the healing balls i siphoned off, as its the fastest spammable attack i have, and that helped immensely.
    i always ran to her into knockback-arrow range, then shot her, often she had that aoe on which knocked me back too, so there we were both stunned..and lyris..ah lets not talk about her.
    if not for that knockback-arrow i couldnt have finished it. i swapped hotkey to the stamina potions, and "knockback-syphon-knockback-syphon and so on" her as much as it went, and ofc like one said, kill at least 3 of the 4 healing balls, they help you immensely and prevent healing her. they appear always after that attack which lifts you off the floor and sucks your life out, so i knew i had to focus on them next.
    in my version she had 6500hp, thats insanely much, quite good armor, and it was so far the most frustrating fight. big problem was also to align myself so she could be knocked back at all, and not standing in front of a table or wall, because then that arrow is useless, which i often have experienced too. one .. phase .. reminded me on playing billiard :D ... always running and aiming to align for the next knockback arrow. but then i died when i ran out of stamina and the potion was still on cooldown.

my equip is average L25 level, the bow (L28 i think it is) has flame enchantment (which ran out, but i remembered on last fight to recharge it), which i think helped a bit too. the veil of blades ultimate i usually often use is ok against the balls nearby, they never reach her, but mostly the action is so quickpaced the aoe is useless. siphon the feast-balls, knockback as much as you can, the occasional venom arrow .. and you may be able to make it. and keep moving.
    oh and another thing on the knockback... if she has spawned the feast balls, and i knockbacked her afterwards, the balls go to the position she was before and then re-oriented to her new position. that gave me a bit of more time to finish the balls off.

its glad to see i am not the only one who´s quite frustrated here, and i dont want to know what i would had done if i had run out of potions (2 deaths later ... which never happend). i dont know .. is this the hardest fight in the game ?

but for now i am proud to have managed it B)
  • madeskimo_ESO
    doppleganger two handed use dizzying swing when raises sword up after he raises sword up is when spawns skeletons interupt that with knockdown no skeletons to fight just the dopplganger.
  • xJester1x
    xJester1x
    ✭✭
    The Lyris doppelganger is definitely too OP for htat level of quest. I just beat her on my level 30 Templar, sword & board. My tip is to completely remove all stamina abilities from your skillbar and keep hitting her. When she lifts you up, you break free of that and completely ignore her while you destroy the orbs floating towards her. Keep in mind that this will work best for heavy armoured tanks, as you can take a lot of hits before focusing on her again.

Bethesda and Zenimax, here are a couple of suggestions for the Lyris Doppelganger to make it a bit more suitable for the level:
    Maybe only have 2 or 3 orbs instead of 4.
    If you stick with 4, maybe just have them heal 500 of her health instead of fully healing it.
    Blood for the Pact!
  • WearManyHats
    WearManyHats
    Soul Shriven
    I am so tired of any fighting companion NPC you have along just standing there while you fight and die. This happened with Queen Ayrenn, it's happening with Tharn and Lyris, no matter who I choose. Now that this quest levels with your character, no matter how many levels I gain or equipment I upgrade or tactics I use, I can't get past the FakeLyris boss. Before the quest-leveling, the advice on the loading screens of "back off, level up, get pointier sword" was pretty good. I could make actual progress. Now? I'm so pissed at this one quest that it's tainting my enjoyment of the game at large.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Log off, let it reset, restart it from the beginning, and the bosses wil scale Down their damage and health