Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's time to revert the listing time back to 30 days.

• SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, revert us to 30 days
    OsUfi wrote: »
    reazea wrote: »
    OsUfi wrote: »
    darvaria wrote: »
    I'm not in a trade guild atm but I voted yes because enough player have said that sales have gone down significantly.

Why NOT bring it back? You haven't see any support for the change.

31% of people in this threads poll support the change.

And the other 69% are against the change.

Doesn't matter to the post I quoted.
    darvaria wrote: »
    You haven't see any support for the change.

Again, 31% of people in this threads poll support the change. They have seen "some" support.

Personally I don't believe in minority rule. I believe the majority should be the focus.

As you pointed out, for every 1 person in this poll that supports the 14 day listing limitation, there are 2 who DO NOT support the change. That is a massive disparity by any standard. A 2 to 1 majority is generally considered to be a massive majority.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, revert us to 30 days
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    70% of the votes on this poll want this change reverted. That's an overwhelming amount.

70% of a couple of dozen of people out of tens of thousands of players. The inherant problem with gaming forums - most people only come here to complain about something. There is nothing overwhelming about it.

If you're in a leaking boat and 10 gallons of water per minute are coming through the leak, and you are bailing out 3 gallons of that water per minute, is the boat going to sink or not?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if it gets reverted or not. Prices aren't going back up.

That’s probably true but I still dislike the 14 day listing. I rarely had things expire before but now I do regularly. My prices are, and have always been pretty low. In my opinion you need a listing period that is long enough for that person who wants the item has logged on and looked for it.

the place that it makes more of a difference is more "visible" traders

trader locations in say a town are more likely going to have sales, single traders out in the middle of nowhere or low traffic areas like outlaw refuges might not get frequent visits

on PC having something like TTC at least lets people know you have items for sale at that location, on console though im sure some of those out of the way traders might go almost a full 24 hours without seeing a single sale at times unless someone is really diligent about checking them or trying to find a deal

so a 14 day listing has little effect for people who are in higher traffic areas where most of the sales turn around in less than 48 hours, but would have more effect on low traffic traders

Disagree.

It’s had a big effect on me and my trader is usually in a good location. I underbid everything listed so it sells fast. I’m losing money per sale but getting more sales with fewer relisting.

That’s probably true but I still dislike the 14 day listing. I rarely had things expire before but now I do regularly. My prices are, and have always been pretty low. In my opinion you need a listing period that is long enough for that person who wants the item has logged on and looked for it.

trader locations in say a town are more likely going to have sales, single traders out in the middle of nowhere or low traffic areas like outlaw refuges might not get frequent visits

on PC having something like TTC at least lets people know you have items for sale at that location, on console though im sure some of those out of the way traders might go almost a full 24 hours without seeing a single sale at times unless someone is really diligent about checking them or trying to find a deal

so a 14 day listing has little effect for people who are in higher traffic areas where most of the sales turn around in less than 48 hours, but would have more effect on low traffic traders

No. I’m in two large trading guilds. One in Belkarth and one in Skingrad. I’m comparing sales from same 2 guilds in same location before and after 14 day switch.

not entirely sure what disagreeing with, i didnt mention anything about prices

i was responding to someone who was mentioning a huge difference between number of returned items between 14 day and 30 day listings, and noting that without TTC the biggest reason of returned items is amount of foot traffic to the trader, with remote ones having less foot traffic, so less chance people will see listed items in the 2 week time frame
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Disagree.

It’s had a big effect on me and my trader is usually in a good location. I underbid everything listed so it sells fast. I’m losing money per sale but getting more sales with fewer relisting.

No. I’m in two large trading guilds. One in Belkarth and one in Skingrad. I’m comparing sales from same 2 guilds in same location before and after 14 day switch.

not entirely sure what disagreeing with, i didnt mention anything about prices

i was responding to someone who was mentioning a huge difference between number of returned items between 14 day and 30 day listings, and noting that without TTC the biggest reason of returned items is amount of foot traffic to the trader, with remote ones having less foot traffic, so less chance people will see listed items in the 2 week time frame

You were saying that only traders in out of the way locations might be affected by the shorter listing time. My trader is always in a dlc capital trader, which is a good location, maybe not as good as the big three but I used to sell a lot until this.

On console out of the way traders are never where you want to be. Even in good economic times you won’t get much foot traffic.

Now I have to try to sell things like master writs and furnishing plans in less time and they don’t sell in less than 48 hours unless they are dirt cheap. Again, not everyone sells mats.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA