Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's time to revert the listing time back to 30 days.

• xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, revert us to 30 days
    JARTHEGREY wrote: »
    I am really getting close to the point of not listing things any more, which is a shame since for me it was one of my main activities. But 14 days goes so quick and I end up with lots of expired items with nowhere to store them - so I end up selling them at face value or giving them away to the Guilds.

Maybe this is the intetnion - I don't know. I've droppped the prices to rock bottom but very little seems to be selling these days.

Same, this killed the game for me, the final nail in the coffin. I can't even trade well anymore, which was one of the big things i have done for the last 5+ years of playing.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are presently over a dozen posts and hundreds of comments about the games economy being absolutely awful since the 14 day change. It's really discouraged many players from playing.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70% of the votes on this poll want this change reverted. That's an overwhelming amount.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    There are presently over a dozen posts and hundreds of comments about the games economy being absolutely awful since the 14 day change. It's really discouraged many players from playing.

This is a really good post to see a broader spectrum of views. Indeed, more casual players seem on the whole to *welcome* what has happened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1e830sy/eso_economy_crash_megathread_summer_2024_a_mostly/?share_id=cAaPgQxon4l71jkpFc2FY&utm_content=1&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    I think that the real question should be: for whom is the economy in ESO ? Is it for Sellers ? Or is it for buyers ? Is it only for trading guilds ? Or maybe it is only for top trading guilds ? Or maybe economy should only be for richest players ? Or maybe only for progression guilds & groups ? ? ?

Personally, I think that it should be for everyone, even if you are a solo player. And I am not expert, but for as long as prices were insane, eso trading & economy was only useful for a "few and far between" players, mostly end-game progression PvE/PvP/Trading/Housing etc.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 18, 2024 8:53PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adaarye wrote: »
    Adjust to the change and move on.

I did :)

I'm on everyday to collect my daily reward but I'm not playing.
    I was doing the same, now I'm not even logging in to ESO. Because of this trading change, and various other decisions by the vendor, I've lost all interest in the game, and I'm not sure I'll return. I've been playing Skyrim (again) for the last few weeks: it's amazing how that game keeps pulling me back.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    70% of the votes on this poll want this change reverted. That's an overwhelming amount.

70% of a couple of dozen of people out of tens of thousands of players. The inherant problem with gaming forums - most people only come here to complain about something. There is nothing overwhelming about it.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOMETHING changed in the economy. Only apparent thing is the 30 listing vs 14 listing time. I'm not even in a trade guild but can see this is a problem. WHY don't you just revert it back?????????????
  • AngryPenguin
    AngryPenguin
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »

70% of a couple of dozen of people out of tens of thousands of players. The inherant problem with gaming forums - most people only come here to complain about something. There is nothing overwhelming about it.

70% of the players who care enough to come to the forum and comment about an issue is an overwhelming majority. When nearly 3 of 4 respondents feel the same way about an issue, that is an overwhelming majority by definition.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Really sick of all the expirations (too many) I'm receiving every day from stuff that always normally sells eventually. And not knowing which Guild to repost it to, 'coz I've not got a clue which Guild it expired from.
    This game is getting a joke and more annoying than fun to play.
    It should never have been changed from 30 days, never!
    30 slots, 30 days. :)

Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much log on, collect my stuff, then turn on Total Warhammer 3 to suck less at siege battles or load Rimworld and not perform war crimes on factions that have hurt any of my animals. Finally resulting in me not wiping them off the face of the planet, apart from one guy with 2 wooden legs and a luciferium addiction that I don't I release from my prison so he can tell everyone else what didn't happen.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    I'd rather they revert the mail time-out.

TBH, if you haven't sold an item within 14 days, it's time to resist and re-price anyway.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    I will say markets take to time to correct and we haven't even gotten update yet that would help move that along.

I currently think they should wait and see, so they can see if things stabilize at a better place. But, if it's not fixed after Quarter 4, then I would support a revert.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand what kind of matter talking about here....(Sorry)
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from my PCNA perspective, it's all Economics 101, and it's been going on for a while.

- TL/DR: Large increases in materials supply, without corresponding increases in demand, have tanked the materials market. Currency oversupply also plays a role. Listing times being reduced from 30 days to 14 days may or may not play a role.

Now, how did we get here?

-First came the Jewelry mats change, which finally made Jewelry how it should have been in the first place. It was a needed and long overdue change. Unfortunately, once the initial wave of everybody making new gold jewelry had passed, the price of Jewelry mats drastically dropped due to the increased supply.
    - This year, we had several events in a row where the event boxes contained rare or high demand mats, and people were farming the boxes like mad. Then came Scribing, and people began generally farming mats like crazy for inks. Also, and this may be wrong, but it feels like I am getting more gold materials from hireling mails and daily writ rewards than I used to. From all that, the increased supply of mats has tanked the materials market across the board; over the last few months, many formerly valuable materials like tempers and columbine have seen their prices cut by half or more.
    - There has not been an increase in demand to correspond with the increase in supply. It's like what Amazon learned the hard way about its Alexa devices: giving people more ways to shop, doesn't automatically induce the need to do more shopping.
    - Currency oversupply is also an issue. PCNA has more currency in circulation than many real countries, and millions to billions more of "new" gold are generated every day just from daily writs, let alone all the other sources of gold. Meanwhile, there are relatively few gold sinks in the game to balance this effect.
    - So, what we're seeing may be the new normal for the ESO economy, at least until a big influx of players or some new addition to the game changes the demand for sales.

Thoughts about possible solutions and where things are headed...

- The shorter duration on listings does increase the gold sink of listing items (and the annoyance of sellers) by making you have to list items more frequently. But in my experience, if an item doesn't sell within the first week or two of being listed, it's probably not going to sell at all, so I'm not sure if returning to a 30 day listing is a real solution.
    - A change I would like to see is allowing sellers to adjust the price of a listed item without having to cancel the sale and totally re-list it. That combined with a return to 30 day listings could create some interesting market dynamics as sellers more actively manage their prices over time.
    - The game needs more gold sinks, and more materials sinks; I have tens of thousands of common cooking materials and stuff like that. I think housing could be part of the solution, but not entirely sure how. Just adding more houses isn't the answer. Things like the new Home Tours and (PLEASE) raising the furnishing limits could help make more people interested in decorating their houses. That's just an idea, anyway.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days

70% of the players who care enough to come to the forum and comment about an issue is an overwhelming majority.

I don't think this is logical. Indeed, I think this is the whole problem. This forum is an overwhelming *minority* of players, who care passionately about the game. Their views matter to some extent, but if ZOS accommodate to this sort of die hard player alone they will not be able to run *an MMO*.

MMOs need to attract *a lot* of people, not a small cult.

Further up I posted a link to a reddit post on effectively the same subject. The answers were basically the reverse of the discussion here, and the difference was that they're not posts with three likes, but in some cases *hundreds* of likes.
    Edited by Northwold on August 19, 2024 3:28PM
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think gold sinks are the issue. There's plenty of them. Fast travel, housing, repairs, guild traders, ect, you're talking at least double digit billions each week in gold sinks.

The events flooded the market and the listing date changes made it so nobody wants to trade anymore. And the way guilds are designed, is specifically for trading in mind. Really, they need to give guilds more uses outside of traders.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up trading, I'm going to sell everything. :(
    Just too many expirations every day. :'(
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • CatoUnchained
    CatoUnchained
    ✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

70% of the players who care enough to come to the forum and comment about an issue is an overwhelming majority.

I don't think this is logical. Indeed, I think this is the whole problem. This forum is an overwhelming *minority* of players, who care passionately about the game. Their views matter to some extent, but if ZOS accommodate to this sort of die hard player alone they will not be able to run *an MMO*.

Further up I posted a link to a reddit post on effectively the same subject. The answers were basically the reverse of the discussion here, and the difference was that they're not posts with three likes, but in some cases *hundreds* of likes.

How would Reddit have more ESO players posting on their forum than post on the official ESO forum?

But speaking of logical, you just made the case for ignoring your post because you are, in your words, part of an overwhelming minority of the player base.

This 14 day limitation on guild store listings may not be the primary cause of the collapsing market in ESO, but it's certainly a contributing factor. Like many others posting in this thread I've simply stopped participating in guild trading in ESO due to a combination of factors, not the least of which is it's a total hassle to have to deal with 10-25 "item expired" items in my email every time I log on.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

How would Reddit have more ESO players posting on their forum than post on the official ESO forum?

But speaking of logical, you just made the case for ignoring your post because you are, in your words, part of an overwhelming minority of the player base.

This 14 day limitation on guild store listings may not be the primary cause of the collapsing market in ESO, but it's certainly a contributing factor. Like many others posting in this thread I've simply stopped participating in guild trading in ESO due to a combination of factors, not the least of which is it's a total hassle to have to deal with 10-25 "item expired" items in my email every time I log on.

To me this is backwards logic. If the 14 days is making sellers reluctant to post items for sale that would cause a decrease in supply. A decrease in supply if demand remains the same would cause an increase in price. We are seeing a decrease in price meaning either a decrease in demand or supply growing beyond demand.
    All the events we've had have increased the ability for players to gain certain items much more efficiently than when there is no event. This was a double whammy for most the market. Players that were buying items in some cases decided it was worth their time to now get the items themselves and players selling items were able to gather much more and put them on the market.
    THe 14 day listing is being blamed because players don't like the change. This market was going to make this change anyway. The market adjusting on top of the 14 day listing change has caused frustration for sellers and the one thing they can lash out about is the 14 day thing.
    Going back to 30 days isn't going to cause a price increase and may in fact cause another drop.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    Sales were slowing,and prices dropping before the change.The 14 day thing don't stop people from buying,it's the oversupply from easy to get items they filled up on during events.On PCEU I'm not selling much fast so get expired items often,even at lower prices,but on PCNA,I'm selling decently at normal to a bit under normal prices,and rarely get anything expired.
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    Short listing duration is fine IMO if they remove the upfront cost to list.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if it gets reverted or not. Prices aren't going back up.

That’s probably true but I still dislike the 14 day listing. I rarely had things expire before but now I do regularly. My prices are, and have always been pretty low. In my opinion you need a listing period that is long enough for that person who wants the item has logged on and looked for it.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    The 14 day thing don't stop people from buying

Indeed, but it stops (some) people from selling. That’s what I did, I’m currently listing nothing in my 2 trader guilds, too tired of the constant spam of emails every day.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »

That’s probably true but I still dislike the 14 day listing. I rarely had things expire before but now I do regularly. My prices are, and have always been pretty low. In my opinion you need a listing period that is long enough for that person who wants the item has logged on and looked for it.

the place that it makes more of a difference is more "visible" traders

trader locations in say a town are more likely going to have sales, single traders out in the middle of nowhere or low traffic areas like outlaw refuges might not get frequent visits

on PC having something like TTC at least lets people know you have items for sale at that location, on console though im sure some of those out of the way traders might go almost a full 24 hours without seeing a single sale at times unless someone is really diligent about checking them or trying to find a deal

so a 14 day listing has little effect for people who are in higher traffic areas where most of the sales turn around in less than 48 hours, but would have more effect on low traffic traders
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

trader locations in say a town are more likely going to have sales, single traders out in the middle of nowhere or low traffic areas like outlaw refuges might not get frequent visits

on PC having something like TTC at least lets people know you have items for sale at that location, on console though im sure some of those out of the way traders might go almost a full 24 hours without seeing a single sale at times unless someone is really diligent about checking them or trying to find a deal

so a 14 day listing has little effect for people who are in higher traffic areas where most of the sales turn around in less than 48 hours, but would have more effect on low traffic traders

Disagree.

It’s had a big effect on me and my trader is usually in a good location. I underbid everything listed so it sells fast. I’m losing money per sale but getting more sales with fewer relisting.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• WynnGwynn
    WynnGwynn
    ✭✭
    the listing change isn't just affecting sellers it's changing the actual chance of finding the rare thing you're looking for tbh. Sellers are less likely to list rare items that should cost more because there's a high chance of it not selling. Style pages even when priced cheaper than most take a while to move because not everyone is looking daily unlike mats. Most of the time I'd end up selling a style page closer to the end of a 30 day listing. Now I tried early on selling some style pages but they're almost assured to drop off before someone finds it. I've also had trouble finding recipes/schematics that I'm looking for because people don't list risky stuff anymore. They need to cut the listing fee cost or put it back or the more interesting stuff just won't show up on the traders anymore.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I’m in two large trading guilds. One in Belkarth and one in Skingrad. I’m comparing sales from same 2 guilds in same location before and after 14 day switch.
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭

Indeed. I don't believe that the listing time change is a major contributor to the current crash. But it was still uncalled for, unnecessary and very poorly justified change that decreased my qol. Therefore I don't and won't like it.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just give us the Auction House.