Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's time to revert the listing time back to 30 days.

• LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    edited
    Edited by LaintalAy on August 12, 2024 8:03PM
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    edited
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    If im selling something in the 1m price range i dont want to pay to keep relisting it or cut it down by 30% to sell it. That is in turn impacting guild traders.
    That's the problem. A lot of people and guilds are severely overestimating the value of their items, so they don't make sales. I guarantee any seller having sales issues will sell if they simply understand the market has changed and adjust. The same goes for any guilds who are still bidding in 100mil+ for kiosks. That is unsustainable and you will die then other guilds will take your place with lower bids which is what we see happening right now.

If sellers still stubbornly cling to high prices hoping to sell at old prices or a slight discount, they'll be replaced too and they actually lose money because the value of their items is dropping more and more the longer they wait to sell.

No thats not what im getting at. Some expensive items have a high price point because they are rare, hard to get and or highly sought after. Like people spend hours and hours searching cyrodiil for the war tort recipe for weeks. I have spent multiple hours a day farming dungeons for a monster helm drop, last time i did that it was over 60 clears to get one. Take that in for a second. For a more difficult dlc dungeon we are talking 25-30 mins a run. On top of time to clear the hm which for some like coral airie is a lot of work. You deserve to be paid appropriately for that time. To say different is asinine. Prices for items like that do not adjust and they shouldnt. People are just going to zone chat to sell instead. Im never going to low ball sell something I put in 25+ hrs to get, i'll simply sit on it until i find someone offering a fair price.

All items are worthless until someone exchanges gold for them.

So in otherwords unless you are at you're 9-5 your time has no value. So time spent in school, no value. Time at the gym, no value, designing a website for yourself, no value, editing a vid, spending time with family. I dont think you understand the concept of value.

Nothing in the game has any real-world value. It's just a game and no one forced you to spend however many hours it took to farm for a rare item in the hope you can sell it for a price you arbitrarily deem it is worth. If you think an item you are selling in game isn't worth less than 1m gold, then great. Just don't complain when no one is willing to pay what you are asking for. Lower your price until a buyer decides it is worth parting with their gold or happily store it away knowing your hard work is sitting in your inventory.

There are certainly players looking to buy rare items and will happily pay what the seller considers a fair value in this case. It’s just not as many players as those looking for gold mats to upgrade their gear or something common like that. A wider window of listing times would help find that buyer.

I would hate to see these sellers leave the traders because I can’t always guarantee my rng will allow me to farm them myself and save up my gold just for things like that, not gold mats I can easily obtain for free.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    If im selling something in the 1m price range i dont want to pay to keep relisting it or cut it down by 30% to sell it. That is in turn impacting guild traders.
    That's the problem. A lot of people and guilds are severely overestimating the value of their items, so they don't make sales. I guarantee any seller having sales issues will sell if they simply understand the market has changed and adjust. The same goes for any guilds who are still bidding in 100mil+ for kiosks. That is unsustainable and you will die then other guilds will take your place with lower bids which is what we see happening right now.

If sellers still stubbornly cling to high prices hoping to sell at old prices or a slight discount, they'll be replaced too and they actually lose money because the value of their items is dropping more and more the longer they wait to sell.

No thats not what im getting at. Some expensive items have a high price point because they are rare, hard to get and or highly sought after. Like people spend hours and hours searching cyrodiil for the war tort recipe for weeks. I have spent multiple hours a day farming dungeons for a monster helm drop, last time i did that it was over 60 clears to get one. Take that in for a second. For a more difficult dlc dungeon we are talking 25-30 mins a run. On top of time to clear the hm which for some like coral airie is a lot of work. You deserve to be paid appropriately for that time. To say different is asinine. Prices for items like that do not adjust and they shouldnt. People are just going to zone chat to sell instead. Im never going to low ball sell something I put in 25+ hrs to get, i'll simply sit on it until i find someone offering a fair price.

So in otherwords unless you are at you're 9-5 your time has no value. So time spent in school, no value. Time at the gym, no value, designing a website for yourself, no value, editing a vid, spending time with family. I dont think you understand the concept of value.

Nothing in the game has any real-world value. It's just a game and no one forced you to spend however many hours it took to farm for a rare item in the hope you can sell it for a price you arbitrarily deem it is worth. If you think an item you are selling in game isn't worth less than 1m gold, then great. Just don't complain when no one is willing to pay what you are asking for. Lower your price until a buyer decides it is worth parting with their gold or happily store it away knowing your hard work is sitting in your inventory.

There are certainly players looking to buy rare items and will happily pay what the seller considers a fair value in this case. It’s just not as many players as those looking for gold mats to upgrade their gear or something common like that. A wider window of listing times would help find that buyer.

I would hate to see these sellers leave the traders because I can’t always guarantee my rng will allow me to farm them myself and save up my gold just for things like that, not gold mats I can easily obtain for free.

I'm not disagreeing that there are players looking for rare items. I am disagreeing with the belief that the rare items aren't also subject to the market setting their "worth" like everything else.

ZOS said that their "data revealed that the vast majority of items listed at Guild Traders sell within a week. If an item does not sell by then, it typically doesn't sell during that listing period." . Why do they have to allow overpriced items to defy market pressures for 30 days and then reset to do it again for possibly another 30 days?

In my opinion, this change is just requiring more active participation from the guild sellers.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    ZOS said that their "data revealed that the vast majority of items listed at Guild Traders sell within a week. If an item does not sell by then, it typically doesn't sell during that listing period." . Why do they have to allow overpriced items to defy market pressures for 30 days and then reset to do it again for possibly another 30 days?

That's because the "vast majority" of items are for usual activities like crafting, set collections etc. Niche items do not fall within the "vast majority" of items because they are, well, niche.

What I hope is that niche items don't become even more niche as sellers decide to bow out. There are some things that are super rare that we rely on patient players to farm, and if they decide it's no longer worth their time to farm, what then?

Perhaps ZOS could at least make RNG more forgiving for rare items?
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, revert us to 30 days
    I am really getting close to the point of not listing things any more, which is a shame since for me it was one of my main activities. But 14 days goes so quick and I end up with lots of expired items with nowhere to store them - so I end up selling them at face value or giving them away to the Guilds.

Maybe this is the intetnion - I don't know. I've droppped the prices to rock bottom but very little seems to be selling these days.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    BretonMage wrote: »

That's because the "vast majority" of items are for usual activities like crafting, set collections etc. Niche items do not fall within the "vast majority" of items because they are, well, niche.

What I hope is that niche items don't become even more niche as sellers decide to bow out. There are some things that are super rare that we rely on patient players to farm, and if they decide it's no longer worth their time to farm, what then?

Perhaps ZOS could at least make RNG more forgiving for rare items?

I think some of those items were overpriced and were due for some come down, but absolutely they can't fall too low because people will stop bothering. On top of that, rare items are not often sought after so they do not fall into the category of items that are sold with a few days. I hope they figure out a fix for those items.
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    The more time goes on, the more I like the 14 day timer. It makes me relist, adjust prices, and actually get poop sold rather than leaving it sit for a month when it's clearly not going to sell.

That is exactly why I don't like the change.
    I don't find trading and economy aspect of the game interesting at all (nothing to do with the way the trading is being done in eso, I'm just bored even thinking of "playing the economy" and all that jazz....). I only trade enough to sustain my expenses.
    I never relist stuff that are not expired. I rarely relist expired stuff right away, even more rarely with reduced price.
    (And before you jump in with "adjust or die", I'm doing just fine ;) )

This change pushes me to interact with the trading system more often, and I am not a fan. It's a slight inconvenience, nothing more. But push enough of these through and I'll stop bothering...
    I have spent multiple hours a day farming dungeons for a monster helm drop, last time i did that it was over 60 clears to get one. Take that in for a second. For a more difficult dlc dungeon we are talking 25-30 mins a run. On top of time to clear the hm which for some like coral airie is a lot of work. Heck look at the drowned mariner chest motif. Its expensive because not many people are skilled enough to clear hm consistently enough to farm to get the drop and because of that there arent as many to go around. You are effectively paying someone to do something you either cant or dont want to put the time in to do. Time is money. You deserve to be paid appropriately for that time. To say different is asinine. Prices for items that require huge amounts of time to aquire do not adjust and they shouldnt. People are just going to zone chat to sell instead. Im never going to low ball sell something I put in 25+ hrs to get, i'll simply sit on it until i find someone offering a fair price.

And this. If I'm trying to sell an item like Coral mask for a certain price, I'm setting that price for a reason. That reason is not to make a quick sale. If such items won't go for a price that I want for them, I will not relist them 30% lower. I will wait until there is enough scarcity that I can get what I want. It will work eventually. Even if it takes a long time. I'm not in a hurry.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    I'm not in a trade guild atm but I voted yes because enough player have said that sales have gone down significantly.

Why NOT bring it back? You haven't see any support for the change.

31% of people in this threads poll support the change.

And the other 69% are against the change. That means that the change being reverted is more than twice as popular as keeping the change. 69% is an overwhelming majority. The change wont be reverted though because ZOS doesn't admit to making mistakes nor do they, with any kind of regularity, listen to player suggestions no matter how overwhelmingly popular those suggestions are. ZOS does what it's decided to do and the players can take it or leave it.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    reazea wrote: »
    I'm not in a trade guild atm but I voted yes because enough player have said that sales have gone down significantly.

And the other 69% are against the change. That means that the change being reverted is more than twice as popular as keeping the change. 69% is an overwhelming majority. The change wont be reverted though because ZOS doesn't admit to making mistakes nor do they, with any kind of regularity, listen to player suggestions no matter how overwhelmingly popular those suggestions are. ZOS does what it's decided to do and the players can take it or leave it.

More than twice as popular *in the most hardcore social media outlet there is for ESO, to even sign up to which players have to jump through multiple hoops*. Yes, there is support for reverting back here, but people really need to stop presenting results of polls on this forum as the will of the "community". They aren't.

The poll shows that the people who have chosen to participate who are members of the ESO forums are more in favour of going back than against. It doesn't tell us anything else and no poll on this forum ever will (even the polls that are neutrally phrased, which is rare in itself).
    Edited by Northwold on August 8, 2024 5:04PM
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

More than twice as popular *in the most hardcore social media outlet there is for ESO, to even sign up to which players have to jump through multiple hoops*. Yes, there is support for reverting back here, but people really need to stop presenting results of polls on this forum as the will of the "community". They aren't.

The poll shows that the people who have chosen to participate who are members of the ESO forums are more in favour of going back than against. It doesn't tell us anything else and no poll on this forum ever will (even the polls that are neutrally phrased, which is rare in itself).

Also, there are some users here who don't even play the game anymore voting and commenting but staying on the forums for a game they don't play anymore.
    Antiquities Addict
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

Also, there are some users here who don't even play the game anymore voting and commenting but staying on the forums for a game they don't play anymore.

That would include me. I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with excluding such views, given that a lot of the time people vote based on things that would factor into deciding whether to come *back*!

But either way, it's only ever going to be the most dedicated players voting on the ESO forums so it's never going to be useful pretending they are representative of the views of the whole player base.
    Edited by Northwold on August 8, 2024 5:14PM
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where do you suggest we get a better idea of what the player base is thinking? If not here, where?

...and then you went on to say you aren't even playing anymore so you have exactly ZERO investment in this issue and are just posting to be...what?
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days

Where do you suggest we get a better idea of what the player base is thinking? If not here, where?

...and then you went on to say you aren't even playing anymore so you have exactly ZERO investment in this issue and are just posting to be...what?

ZOS send out their own surveys, presumably with the aim of having a representative set of users. If you personally want a better idea, there are a lot more users, seemingly, on reddit (the ESO subreddit has 449,000 members, although plainly only a fraction of that are going to be active) and presumably other generalised platforms.

I'm not sure how someone not playing any more has no investment in an issue. I have dropped out of ESO three times for periods from six months to 1.5 years at a time. Each time, it's been because of the trading system and how that impacts on housing. I would like to play the game again, but not when, for my playstyle, it becomes a relentless grind fest.

It strikes me that there's a fair amount of insight to be had from learning *why* people drop out of your game (especially with a game like ESO which, more than most MMOs, caters to some *very* different player types).
    Edited by Northwold on August 8, 2024 5:47PM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days

And the other 69% are against the change.

Doesn't matter to the post I quoted.
    You haven't see any support for the change.

Again, 31% of people in this threads poll support the change. They have seen "some" support.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    edited
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    LaintalAy wrote: »

Again, 31% of people in this threads poll support the change. They have seen "some" support.

Approximately 272 players out of 24 million voted in this poll.
    With various amendments, the context of the original post to support this poll has been lost.

If the 14 day listing is changed, I doubt that it will be as a result of anything that has been said here.

bat on, if you think that you need to.

I am very specifically, hopefully implied by the bold text in my last post, replying to the line:
    You haven't see any support for the change.

I am not saying the change is good, bad, should stay, should be reverted, up is down, black is blue, majority support, minority support, I'm not "batting on" anything.

I am simply saying "they have seen "some" support."

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    Leaving items up for weeks at a time negatively affects a guild. The guild doesn't make any money unless items are selling. If a player's items are not moving it's costing the guild revenue it could be getting if they had quicker sales. Trader spots aren't free and they have to be paid for somehow.
    PCNA
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how someone not playing any more has no investment in an issue. I have dropped out of ESO three times for periods from six months to 1.5 years at a time. Each time, it's been because of the trading system and how that impacts on housing. I would like to play the game again, but not when, for my playstyle, it becomes a relentless grind fest.

While I think that the position of "this change would make things better for me if I were to return" is reasonable, it should come with a warning. The impact on trading, for whatever the reason, has been that while prices have fallen, many would-be traders are now thinking that the prices have fallen below a sustainable level and as a consequence have stopped, or will soon stop, selling because there is no value in the market.

I don't know, if you came back you might find that prices have fallen... you might find that people just aren't selling what you want anymore.

Unless you dip your toe in the water you can never know :)

They could associate the 30 days back with the Plus... if they want to monetize something. So we could have a choice. But no choice at all... it's awful !

Devious! I like your style... but I don't think ZoS would want the fuss involved with a two tier system - either in the code or in player responses ;)

Leaving items up for weeks at a time negatively affects a guild. The guild doesn't make any money unless items are selling. If a player's items are not moving it's costing the guild revenue it could be getting if they had quicker sales. Trader spots aren't free and they have to be paid for somehow.

We don't all start selling our "big" items at once, so you could always guarantee a phased effect on sales of big items. Also, I imagine most people sell a range of items... the lower ticket items keep the guild ticking over while the big items wait to be sold. And selling a couple of big items a week (even if they had been on sale for 3) would bring in big gains for the guild.

Like, you know, how it used to be when we had a 30 day limit and guilds weren't going out of business :)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    You know... if people stop selling things then according to the law of supply and demand, once the oversupply is used up demand will increase and prices will start inflating again.

That is, as long as people have the gold to do so. Right now gold is being destroyed faster than it is being created, due to trader bids not really dropping yet.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't all start selling our "big" items at once, so you could always guarantee a phased effect on sales of big items. Also, I imagine most people sell a range of items... the lower ticket items keep the guild ticking over while the big items wait to be sold. And selling a couple of big items a week (even if they had been on sale for 3) would bring in big gains for the guild.

Like, you know, how it used to be when we had a 30 day limit and guilds weren't going out of business :)

from what i understand, the "top tier guilds" that spent 100+ million gold a week on the traders were never ever going to make that purely through sales, that level of gold sinkage is incredibly unsustainable

if those are the guilds are collapsing, its not hard to see why, and its not the listing period change thats causing it, and probably a lot of the reason prices were high in the first place, when they require 100k dues per week from members

that means everyone in said guild wants items to cost more so they can make some self profit if they are giving up 100k of that profit per week

under normal circumstances without any random "high value" sales im usually making around 100-200k per guild with a trader per week, but because im in guilds with no dues, thats pretty much all still profit because of how low the listing fee and sales tax are
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    New trading guilds with adaptable sellers will replace the old ones. If supply drops for certain items because of this, then it will just drive their prices up if there is still any demand.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from what i understand

You understand incorrectly.

I'm in one of those top tier guilds (trader in Belkarth), fees are 20k a week and only apply if you fail to make 200k sales. Because it's in a prime trading spot you have to work hard not to sell 200k if you're a serious trader.

If you're not a serious trader then you'd have no need to be in one of the top tier traders, would you? :)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It may not, but it must seem to have value or people will stop paying for ANYTHING in the game, Crowns, ESO+, new chapters....
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on August 8, 2024 9:45PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    from what i understand

I'm in one of those top tier guilds (trader in Belkarth), fees are 20k a week and only apply if you fail to make 200k sales. Because it's in a prime trading spot you have to work hard not to sell 200k if you're a serious trader.

If you're not a serious trader then you'd have no need to be in one of the top tier traders, would you? :)

They can have merit anyway. That is why I usually give at least 10K per week to any guild I am in, with 30K now going to one more expensive one (on the PS5) that has a high value position. I make enough overall to suck it up.

I don't like the listing time and email changes however.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what i understand

i dont feel i need to be in one of them, i like selling stuff i need to people who actually need it, not pressured to sell a required amount every week

there are some weeks i only really sell mats in some of the guilds im in because other stuff the price fluctuated too much from when i listed it, those times i might only make 50k

so no i still would never join one of those guilds, because in those cases if i happened to only sell 50k worth in a week, im not paying the guild 20k of what i made in sales

not saying all top end guilds are the same either, but either requiring some high number of sales or dues puts what i feel is an unnecessary pressure on the individual player trying to enjoy the game

its why ive never joined a guild with dues, or left ones that started requiring dues

a long time ago back when there were no traders, i was usually in 5 trade guilds to have more potential to make sales, but once we got trader system, that became too much effort to bother with, so i reduced that, im currently sitting in 2 fairly decent trade guilds, and 1 "slow" trade guild that doesnt always get a trader

if one of those guilds collapse/become inactive for whatever reason, i can find a new one, theres several dozen guilds always listed in the guild finder (though i do wish the search on that was better)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New trading guilds with adaptable sellers will replace the old ones. If supply drops for certain items because of this, then it will just drive their prices up if there is still any demand.

The problem I am seeing is smaller guilds taking up prime locations but they don’t have the rare items that I am looking for.

They don’t have the selection the larger guilds have.

Price doesn’t matter if the item becomes non-existent.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep us at 14 days
    edited
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adjust to the change and move on.

I did :)

I'm on everyday to collect my daily reward but I'm not playing.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adaarye wrote: »
    Adjust to the change and move on.

I did :)

I'm on everyday to collect my daily reward but I'm not playing.

That appears to be what most people did. I run 3 trade guilds on the NA xbox server and it's been a very noticeable drop in selling activity.