Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Loot three thieves troves for extra endeavors. Not cool ZOS.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I'm happy to give up on 80 seals to not bother with this one.

Agree with this. If I’m going to grind today, it’s going to be WB for the page drops - that at least gives me Anniversary boxes!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    Zander is your friend for the blue stolen items, he drops research portfolios quite often. The pub in farbrace is a good quick place to steal from. Noone is upstairs so you dont even have to sneak.
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Where's the luck in using addons that tell you where things are? I'm not saying whether they're right or wrong, fair or unfair, I just fail to see any connection between addons and luck.

They're saying people can make their own luck.
    Edited by Desiato on April 18, 2024 2:52PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »
    There is never enough thieves troves to loot when it is just the normal endeavor reward never mind when it's extra.

Not very well thought out ZOS unless the intent was to frustrate your player base during what is claimed to be a celebration.

Hello.

I have a couple Thieves trove farming videos you might enjoy. I hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/6J3MrON8fF0?si=2dD7g3STCrlPaDna

https://youtu.be/e1wsp7sjgUM?si=FZ3VY9Yea9k7ZJSg
    Edited by VvwvenomwvV on April 18, 2024 3:20PM
  • AuroranGoldenEagle
    AuroranGoldenEagle
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten mine so I don't mind sharing. Head to a low activity zone such as Malabal Tor.

For me, the south-western Summerset island (the one south of the Sil-Var-Woad geyser) has two there. Didn't see a single player on that island, as it's very out of the way. Hope that helps a player or two :)
    You have discovered the thirty-seventh Sermon of Vivec, which is a bending of the light, long past the chronicles of the Hortator who wore inconstant faces and ruled however they would, until apocalypse.
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those putting up some useful spawn spots and videos for the thieves troves, thank you kindly. I already got mine in EU morning non-prime time. So I am good but I hope it helps others to get theirs!

To those of you who got yours pretty fast, I'm pleased for you, but I don't think it will be as easy for others during prime time and that was my issue.

ZOS must have known that there would be increased demand to do that one single endeavor because of the extra seals they placed on it, and knowing as they do, how tricky it can be to find and loot a thieves trove, they must also have known that this would just cause yet more grinding and frustration for their player base, during what is supposed to be a celebration. They could easily have mitigated for this with simply having the endeavor require the player to loot just the one thieves trove.

Maybe I am wrong and everyone will find their troves with ease, but given my own experience of trying to find and loot thieves troves when there isn't a whopping 80 seals attached to it, I doubt that I am.

Anyhow good luck to everyone in getting their seals today, as well as any of the special jubilee style pages they are still missing.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is never enough thieves troves to loot when it is just the normal endeavor reward never mind when it's extra.

Not very well thought out ZOS unless the intent was to frustrate your player base during what is claimed to be a celebration.

Why didn't you do the others...2 locks, 10 decon at blacksmith, use ult 4x...took less than 5 minutes.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    X blue drops from stealing

That one is actually easy, if you're on a character that has not completed Kari's Hit List. Steal one of the items on the list. Then destroy the item, which causes it to rewpawn...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip quote>

If you are on the PC you can freely use addons too. Not unfair advantage, just simplify life. You can use interactive maps if you don't want use addons or you are on the console.
    Interactive map have same advantage as addons because they only show respawn point not when it spawns. (harvest map can ONLY detect spawned resources not treasure chests or thieves troves)
    So you can say that interactive map is unfair advantage too.

<snipped due to Misinformation>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 18, 2024 8:21PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn't you do the others...2 locks, 10 decon at blacksmith, use ult 4x...took less than 5 minutes.

Because today the thieves trove endeavor rewards significantly more seals.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    X blue drops from stealing

That one is actually easy, if you're on a character that has not completed Kari's Hit List. Steal one of the items on the list. Then destroy the item, which causes it to rewpawn...

This is extremely useful info, thank you!
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I have a couple Thieves trove farming videos you might enjoy. I hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/6J3MrON8fF0?si=2dD7g3STCrlPaDna

https://youtu.be/e1wsp7sjgUM?si=FZ3VY9Yea9k7ZJSg

This did it for me. Thank you!
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google "thieves trove map" or "eso thieves trove map".
    I followed a decent trail and got 3 very easily without meeting anyone. Then I went on to finish the weekly and get two more, met two spots with two campers each, but quite easily found 2 more. It all took about 5-8 minutes I think. Couldn't have done it without a decent map of locations though, I haven't got a good idea of enough spawn locations closely grouped enough to be fast to farm.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, are we complaining about endeavors now, which are neither particulary hard to do nor do they require a group?

Interesting to say the least.

The endeavor in question is doable perfectly fine for every character, who managed to beat the tutorial. There is no need of assistance from fellow players nor is any special gear required. You don't have to do PvP or parse >120k dps either to get those precious thieves troves.

It simply takes some time spent in one of the beautiful, popular and completely harmless overland zones. There are more than 20 of them. A bit of wandering around and watching for some shiny to fulfill today's special task sounds relaxing, doesn't it?

For people not interested in doing overland, there are other tasks to choose from as usual:
    • Deal 100000 Damage in Battlegrounds, Cyrodill or Imperial City
    • Deconstruct 10 Items at a Blacksmithing table
    • Pick 2 Locks
    • Use Ultimate Abilities 4 Times

Why not pick one of those?

It's neither mandatory for every endeavour to grant the exact same amount of seals nor for the least time consuming endeavour to always and on principle grant the highest output of most precious shinies just to accommodate some entitelists, which complain about having to play the game anyways all the time.
    Edited by Braffin on April 18, 2024 5:06PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Add-ons give an unfair advantage with things like these

If you are on the PC you can freely use addons too. Not unfair advantage, just simplify life. You can use interactive maps if you don't want use addons or you are on the console.
    Interactive map have same advantage as addons because they only show respawn point not when it spawns. (harvest map can ONLY detect spawned resources not treasure chests or thieves troves)
    So you can say that interactive map is unfair advantage too.

Tbf i can't use harvestmap. I haven't been able to get it to install on Linux. It and TTC I just gotta live without.
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    So, are we complaining about endeavors now, which are neither particulary hard to do nor do they require a group?
    It's the way around here. When something isn't given with zero effort, complain to ZOS.

I shouldn't imply it's an ESO thing. It's something that now pervades western civilization.

When an endeavor or any activity in ESO isn't worth my time, I skip it and move on with my life without ever thinking about it again. I feel this should be the normal response.
    Edited by Desiato on April 18, 2024 5:12PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the OP. This event-in-event favors those who love stealing. If you have been an attentive thief in the past, you know where are the spots where the thieves troves are most hidden and are therefore less likely to be found.
    I found my three TT in ten minutes today and my weekly 7 TT in half a hour on Monday.
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on April 18, 2024 5:37PM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The endeavor in question is doable perfectly fine for every character, who managed to beat the tutorial. There is no need of assistance from fellow players nor is any special gear required. You don't have to do PvP or parse >120k dps either to get those precious thieves troves.

It simply takes some time spent in one of the beautiful, popular and completely harmless overland zones. There are more than 20 of them. A bit of wandering around and watching for some shiny to fulfill today's special task sounds relaxing, doesn't it?

For people not interested in doing overland, there are other tasks to choose from as usual:
    • Pick 2 Locks

It's neither mandatory for every endeavour to grant the exact same amount of seals nor for the least time consuming endeavour to always and on principle grant the highest output of most precious shinies just to accommodate some entitelists, which complain about having to play the game anyways all the time.

Wow, I guess you just don't get it at all, do you. No one is complaining about skill, they are complaining about node availability and player camping, with the resultant associated difficulties and community toxicity (to which you are currently contributing) in order to maximize their endeavors. Does that make sense now?
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved this endeavor and the bonus rewards. Not an impossible grind, but a doable challenge with corresponding rewards.

The others were easy to get if you wanted to go the quick and easy route.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Pick 2 Locks

I think it’s okay to provide feedback on how things play out in game, what feels more or less fun or rewarding for the time and effort, and voice concerns. This doesn’t have to equate with complaining or entitlement.

(Edited for length.)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 18, 2024 8:36PM
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Pick 2 Locks

You clearly didn't read the original post. I think you are perhaps getting this discussion mixed up with a previous one?
    Desiato wrote: »
    It's the way around here. When something isn't given with zero effort, complain to ZOS.

I shouldn't imply it's an ESO thing. It's something that now pervades western civilization.

When an endeavor or any activity in ESO isn't worth my time, I skip it and move on with my life without ever thinking about it again. I feel this should be the normal response.

No it is not the way around here and no one said anything about getting something for zero effort but there is a balance between effort and reward and I think that ZOS got the balance wrong with this one.
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    I got these easily within several minutes of me popping around to several spots I know that they spawn in. Turns out I got all three in Deshan, 1 in Mournhold, and two to the south of the city.

Didn't rely on any addon to show me where to go. And for the last one my memory triggered for a spot I figured one could be and sure enough. It wasn't up but after poking around that small area and unlocking a treasure chest, there it was.

I guess for some if things seem as if they're way too hard or impossible, they will be.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trip report: I knocked this out easily, and found 3 within 10 minutes just riding around Glenumbra. There were two node campers, but I think they were afk, because they did not respond to comments about the endeavor. I then went to VVardenfell and Summerset, and got 7 more for the weekly in another 20 minutes or so, just riding from shrine to shrine. It really was not that bad.

So, reports might be overstated? But your mileage may vary, I'm just one piece of data.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the addon for trove locations, but I had one memorized, and I found two more online, so I kept checking them while doing other things, and overall it took probably less than an hour, so it wasn't that bad, especially for the seals amount.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I don't have the addon for trove locations, but I had one memorized, and I found two more online, so I kept checking them while doing other things, and overall it took probably less than an hour, so it wasn't that bad, especially for the seals amount.

That’s cool! I felt sure I wouldn’t be able to find any come prime time so camped a spot while sipping coffee this morning. :lol:
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

• Pick 2 Locks

You clearly didn't read the original post. I think you are perhaps getting this discussion mixed up with a previous one?

Oh, don't worry. I read OP thoroughly.

I can't exclude myself mixing up this discussion with another, rather similar one tho. There are so many these days, complaining about too little rewards and too tedious chores all around. That most of these threads are opened by mostly the very same people, doesn't make it easier to distinct between them.

The situation is meanwhile quite similar to the conditions, which lead to creation of the all-time popular "Overland Content Feedback Thread". It's just annoying at this point.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

For the reasons stated above I suggest to create a sticky thread for the community to discuss these topic within a "Reward/Effort Ratio Feedback Thread" (any other name is fine for me too) based on questions made by zos to concentrate feedback regarding this topic.

At the very same time I ask you to restrict any discussion regarding this matter to said feedback thread as rigorosly at it's done with discussions regarding game difficulty for the purpose of keeping the overall forums well-usable and welcoming to the overall community.
    Edited by Braffin on April 18, 2024 9:09PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when new pve meta mythic was added to the game & one of the leads was dropping in Shadowfen from water plants. Every. Single. Plant. In. Shadowfen. Was. Camped. Seriously, I am not joking. That is what happened. There were more players in Shadowfen than plants ! LoL :D

And I imagine that something like this will happen or is already happening. Every thieves troves spawn point will be camped lol.

They should add stuff like this either to instanced things (like daily quests) or stuff that spawns more commonly like treasure chests.

This is funny.

But probably was predictable.

:#
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add my 2 cents.

For me, Thieves Troves endeavors are a sweet easy to do bonus.

I run my surveys from writs daily and always check the nearby Thieves Trives, chest and Heavy bag spawns when I have time. Of course I use HarvestMap but tbh many of these spawns I already know like the back of my hand.

Got the weekly on Monday before I finished doing surveys (~1 hour just going by normal spawn points on my way to/from surveys.

Today’s was completed before I finished my first zone (which had two surveys).

IMO troves are great to loot cause they are probably the most reliable source of zone maps in the game. Get maps out of maybe every 5-6 troves I loot.

As to the original poster’s concern. If areas are being camped just go to an out of the way area in any of the zones. The emptier the zone the better. Use HarvestMap if you are able or go online to see the spawns. Shouldn’t take long at all to complete the weekly or the daily.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be doing surveys, if I run across 3 troves while doing them, great. If not, I set off my ultimate. It's not worth it to me to camp a spawn site or look up the spawn locations for 70 extra seals.
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a general problem with the game: remember when everyone was farming aquatic plants in Shadowfen and lockboxes in Murkmire for the Harpooner's Kilt leads.

All harvestable resources in the game should have their respawn rates adjusted to the population size in that instance. Alternatively, they could change it so that each resource can be harvested by everyone and only disappears for that player who takes it (ala Guild Wars 2).
    Edited by moderatelyfatman on April 19, 2024 12:05AM