Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Loot three thieves troves for extra endeavors. Not cool ZOS.

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »
    I tried that but there was no submit option. I selected flag then a category and put a little message in the notes at the bottom, but there was nothing else to press to submit the post I wanted to flag.

…Huh. I know I’ve had issues with it on mobile and usually have to rotate my device to portrait orientation instead of landscape. Is the window getting clipped off? The Submit button should be right under the Note box.

Yeah I am on my PC (windows 10) and it's clipped at the bottom so it doesn't show the submit button.

OK after hiding my task bar, I was just able to see the top of a box at the bottom, couldn't read what it said as it is still mostly clipped but I think it was the submit button (there were two buttons it looked like. I pressed the left hand one).

Zoom the page out. The box is HUGE compared to the rest of the page and it makes the submit button clip out.

Reporting is impossible on mobile due to this.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about anyone else, but after I looted my three thieves troves for the endeavor I made a point of leaving any extras I found for other players.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW I see these constantly in Overland.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Pro tip. Fort Arand in Stonefalls is a good spot for Troves. Multiple spawn points in an enclosed space.

This is always my first choice, but you would be surprised how many times I go there just for the one trove endeavor and none are up.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Pro tip. Fort Arand in Stonefalls is a good spot for Troves. Multiple spawn points in an enclosed space.

This is always my first choice, but you would be surprised how many times I go there just for the one trove endeavor and none are up.

I checked that - and many of the other metioned areas - and all(!) were not better or worse then any place I knew before.
    It always depends if you are lucky or not. And I did the tests the day after...

This place was special because I didn't see any other player and I found 3 troves. So I was internaly memorizing it for next time. And then - for the next 20min or so I didn't find any more troves. So the respawn looks like everywhere else - random or a big big area where the next troves can spawn - and that was not inside Arand.
    So - if next time there is an endeavour I will go there for sure, but if somebody was there before me, I'm pretty sure that I will not find 3 fast.
    As I said - that was the same for alikr spots (I knew some of them already) or whereever some ppl were just lucky and said: "It's fine"...
    Edited by Zabagad on April 20, 2024 5:35AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried that but there was no submit option. I selected flag then a category and put a little message in the notes at the bottom, but there was nothing else to press to submit the post I wanted to flag.

…Huh. I know I’ve had issues with it on mobile and usually have to rotate my device to portrait orientation instead of landscape. Is the window getting clipped off? The Submit button should be right under the Note box.

Yeah I am on my PC (windows 10) and it's clipped at the bottom so it doesn't show the submit button.

OK after hiding my task bar, I was just able to see the top of a box at the bottom, couldn't read what it said as it is still mostly clipped but I think it was the submit button (there were two buttons it looked like. I pressed the left hand one).

It's probably your browser zoom level. Ctrl + mouse scroll button (down) should zoom back so you can see the buttons.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

It's probably your browser zoom level. Ctrl + mouse scroll button (down) should zoom back so you can see the buttons.

Thanks for the help, zooming down to 80% fixed the issue for me! Much obliged!
    Edited by Shara_Wynn on April 20, 2024 8:51AM
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    To get the maps google UESPWIKKI on your phone
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    Zabagad wrote: »
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with this endeavor.
    Those were realy good arguments - you convinced me :)

Nobody who is arguing against this endeavor is convincing in the least, either.

Not convincing to you. But that is the norm for these discussions. You don't mind it, but you don't address the specific concerns of those who are bothered by it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always pick them up when I see them but don't bother to hunt them. I could literally only remember the location of 3 and none were there.

I happen to have recently installed an addon which tracks them though. That's the only reason I got this done relatively painlessly on one account. Didn't bother trying on alt accounts.

I truly do appreciate the extra seals but this one was potentially a big disruption to my other plans for the day.
  • KekwLord3000
    KekwLord3000
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it took me like 10-15 minutes tops, I had all thief troves in summerset (cause I was farming for the music box lead few years back), so it took me like 2-3 circle around all of them to get the 3 for the daily.
    But even if it would take longer, still you are getting so many endeavor points it's still worth the hassle.
    Just find a dead zone like base game zones that aren't alikir desert I'm sure there are plenty troves to loot.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a daily route for troves. I usually find one every other day. I checked my route and found none. I only have a limited amount of time to play. Even if I spent it all on the one endeavor I doubt I would have found 3 and frankly, I'm burned out from the event grind so I didn't even bother.
    PS5/NA
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS, so no add-ons, managed to do it on two accounts. One was prime time, the other was off-peak.

Prime time took less than 34 minutes (I know because I finished it before the podcast I was listening to finished) and the other one was done in minutes - literally ran a route from one wayshrine to another and got 4 troves, which completed the weekly endeavour too.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Endeavors like these, or any other bottlenecked activities, I just skip them.
    I just don't have the time and the patience.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    When they introduced endeavours ZoS said it would be actions you do anyway while playing the game, but very often it is actions you normally dont do while playing or dont even know how to do(kill 10 plants/wild animals/clockwardcreatures but can‘t find them) (or cant do because you miss dlc) and have to invest a lot of time to complete(do 1 tales of tribute game). Despite using a map in Internet it took me over an hour to find 3 thieve troves because almost every spawn I visited was empty and many of them were hard to reach. And doing another endeavor that give 10 seals when this one gives 90 is as much an option as not doing any endeavors on 2 normal days because you loose about the same number of seals and not much better than doing no endeavor instead of this one. This game is called Elder Scrolls Online, not Endeavour Seals Online, so players shouldnt have to spent so much time doing them.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just do my normal everyday activities and take the Seal rewards as my activities tick a box somewhere.
    When I have 2000 or 3600, I check what's in the store then.

This way, I don't stress my self out unnecessarily. Play your own way, though.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this will not be a continuing trend during PVP events ...
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »

???

Edited by Shara_Wynn on April 22, 2024 8:43AM
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »

???

I hope they do not continue doing this during the other events. Giving extra rewards for doing PVP stuff for example.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok.

Much as I dislike PVP (because I am awful at it) I do think that it would only be fair to have extra seals of endeavors tied to PVP content also. In which case, I will likely just have to pass on those.

There would already have been many that couldn't get the extra seals during this current mini Thieves guild event because they didn't have the Dark Brotherhood DLC.

So unfortunately these extra seals are not attainable by everyone.

I guess balance is the key.

My issue with the thieves trove endeavor in particular, wasn't that I and others weren't willing and able to go out hunting for troves, it was more that there would be a bottleneck created by the number of troves available not being able to keep up with the number of folk all trying to find and loot them during peak times. I felt that ZOS could have made the endeavor require only one trove in order to complete, so as to take the pressure off everyone.

I got my three troves after about an hour but that was during a quiet time (morning EU). I was thinking that it would be a nightmare for those trying to find three troves during peak times, though it seems a lot of folk didn't have a problem getting theirs, so I guess it's was all done to luck and a bit of knowing where to look.