Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Loot three thieves troves for extra endeavors. Not cool ZOS.

Shara_Wynn
Shara_Wynn
✭✭✭✭✭
There is never enough thieves troves to loot when it is just the normal endeavor reward never mind when it's extra.

Not very well thought out ZOS unless the intent was to frustrate your player base during what is claimed to be a celebration.
Edited by Shara_Wynn on April 18, 2024 10:24AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

I almost always skip the thieves troves endeavours because they're almost impossible to find on those days. Even following a map of locations it can take a long time to find any which haven't already been taken. I only do it if I have a couple of hours to play at non-peak times.

Normally it doesn't matter because I can just do another endeavour where I'm not competing with other players to get it done, but normally that doesn't mean missing out on seals.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snipped quote>

It is currently lunch time for the EU servers, and it took me an hour to find and loot three troves (that was with add-ons). I can't imagine what it is going to be like during peak times, this on top of folk who are still trying to get the style pages from the event.

Conclusion: This endeavor is NOT fine. It is a frustrating and a boring time waster. ZOS could have made it so you only needed to loot the one trove for these extra seals.

<snipped due to Misinformation>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 18, 2024 8:22PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when new pve meta mythic was added to the game & one of the leads was dropping in Shadowfen from water plants. Every. Single. Plant. In. Shadowfen. Was. Camped. Seriously, I am not joking. That is what happened. There were more players in Shadowfen than plants ! LoL :D

And I imagine that something like this will happen or is already happening. Every thieves troves spawn point will be camped lol.

They should add stuff like this either to instanced things (like daily quests) or stuff that spawns more commonly like treasure chests.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened a thread in our German forum because this endeavour is not smart at all.
    Treasure chests spawn maybe 50 (maybe even 100+ ?) times more and that is like appels and oranges.

I don't have that addon (but I got the info in the thread which one would help) - and on one account I'm done with 3/3, but on my main acc I'm right now still waiting for #3. (total time maybe ~1,5 hours so far)
    From 8 spots I know from my "daily business" 5 are already camped and 2 of the 3 are (I guess) on a lesser frequency or whatever.
    And I can't even imagine how this will be during prime time :( (which starts maybe in 5 hours)

Conclusion, this endeavor is NOT fine at all.

Edit: ok now 7/8 are camped and I got my 3/3 because one of the camper was "sleeping" - after I was looting it he was going mad. Sorry for him/her - but I guess there is no rule like if he/she were fighting against NPC to go there.
    But - this will increase for sure and the battles and frustration will rise up....

Edited by Zabagad on April 18, 2024 11:15AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Endeavors like this one is why they usually have all the Endeavors at the same value.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »

It is currently lunch time for the EU servers, and it took me an hour to find and loot three troves (that was with add-ons). I can't imagine what it is going to be like during peak times, this on top of folk who are still trying to get the style pages from the event.

I'm trying to find the troves at an off-peak time (Aussie evening on NA server) and I'm having no luck whatsoever. It's just more RNG, and I've had enough of that over the past two weeks.
    It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons don't give an unfair advantage. They simply provide an advantage. If you're not using addons (or are stuck using a console) then that's on you for not taking advantage of your options. Luck favours the prepared, darling.
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    They should add stuff like this either to instanced things (like daily quests) or stuff that spawns more commonly like treasure chests.

Or have it be "complete 3 quests from the Tip Board". There are unlimited quests to go round, and players also have the change to get motifs - it's a win-win!
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Alik'r.

There are 3 to 4 areas where the troves spawn within a small area between the WB (Lesser Circle) and the Dolmen (Myrkwasa).

Including time to respawn, will prob take less than 30mins to do.

• Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    Go to Alik'r.

There are 3 to 4 areas where the troves spawn within a small area between the WB (Lesser Circle) and the Dolmen (Myrkwasa).

Not anymore there won't be ;)
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am of opinion that thieves troves should be buffed to spawn in better quantities (and respawn faster?) anyway.

Even with HarvestMap 90% of trove marked locations are empty when I get to them.
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    Go to Alik'r.

Not anymore there won't be ;)

There's nobody there... but also no troves :(
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    Addons don't give an unfair advantage. They simply provide an advantage. If you're not using addons (or are stuck using a console) then that's on you for not taking advantage of your options. Luck favours the prepared, darling.

Where's the luck in using addons that tell you where things are? I'm not saying whether they're right or wrong, fair or unfair, I just fail to see any connection between addons and luck.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with this endeavor.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Zabagad
      Zabagad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Those were realy good arguments - you convinced me :)
    • Drammanoth
      Drammanoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Uhhh... I found 3, which took me half an hour. Next 10 minutes I found three more.

Guess Nocturnal's favour was with me.

On a more serious note - I did it on my 2nd accout (just base game).

My char has only 10 pts invested in mounted speed.

Seriously, people will complain about everything.
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Anifaas wrote: »

Almost certain there's a map showing where they spawn you can go look up.

UESP.net's interactive map shows treasure chests and stuff, might do thieves troves too.

Stuff like this is why I'm glad I don't give two flips about endeavors.
    • Rageypoo
      Rageypoo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      7qlnzfs48xn7.png

great endeavor, was really easy.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Zabagad wrote: »

Nobody who is arguing against this endeavor is convincing in the least, either.

PC/NA Warden Main
      • kynesgrove
        kynesgrove
        ✭✭✭✭
        I just got back into playing ESO and enjoying the celebration, that said I don't have a lot of time.

At first I thought "Oh neat! Just a bit of competition", but then ...

I have 2/3 so far, 2 hours in just for this one thing.
        I just can't. No sunk cost fallacy for me, no thank you.

I am not going to complete it, add-ons or not, I have spent more than enough time chasing down locations trying to beat fellow players. The longer it takes the closer it gets to peak NA time and then there will be no hope for me and my bad ping.

It's more than enough to make me consider not playing at all at least until the expansion, it just rubbed me the wrong way sooo badly.
        "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
        - Urig the Wanderer
      • Grec1a
        Grec1a
        ✭✭✭
        You are also not playing peak times so perhaps you should try to repeat the endeavor during prime time and see how you get on ;)

It took me 2 hours and 50 minutes to complete. I really feel sorry for anyone trying to do this in peak time...
      • SpacemanSpiff1
        SpacemanSpiff1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        i got it banged out twice in half an hour. not too bad.
      • Bo0137
        Bo0137
        ✭✭✭✭
        Yes. The design was not smart on this one
        -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
      • Araneae6537
        Araneae6537
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I think that the respawn rate on thieves troves should have been increased at least. I thought I might be able to get this endeavor done relatively quickly with morning coffee, but every place I knew of to check (I don’t use an add-on to mark spots but remember), there were none there and the spot was often camped besides. Now I’m at a spot myself, hoping I remembered right, watching the grass grow…

In general, I think this week has been a fun change of pace, keeps things interesting, and everything doesn’t need to be quick and easy to get, but I’m seeing this leading to potential conflict and frustration during prime time…

(Edited for clarity and typos.)
        Edited by Araneae6537 on April 18, 2024 8:34PM
      • emilyhyoyeon
        emilyhyoyeon
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        I've been working on this for the past hour and 20 minutes. I'm at 2/3.

I've gone back and forth between standing at a spawn for 20-30min at a time and doing loops checking all spawns in a zone. I'm doing other things out of game while waiting but yeah. This is comically awful :#
        IGN @ emilypumpkin
        Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
        Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
        Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
      • SkaiFaith
        SkaiFaith
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Zabagad wrote: »

Nobody who is arguing against this endeavor is convincing in the least, either.

Any time you need to look outside the game to achieve something, the game is probably doing it not in the best way.

People on PC have add-ons? Consoles don't, so I have to memorize spawn points or take my phone and search a map online.

I did this during EU night time going from memory. It took me a while because the spawn points I remembered were empty, and since I didn't want to pull out an online map on my phone I've run around randomly.

I'm not against this endeavor in particular, but I agree that I roll my eyes when I see similar things.
        Just saying it could be better...

Edit: I usually do Thieves Trove endeavors. I dislike more, and tend to skip, when you need X blue drops from stealing, since after years I still don't understand how to complete this - I always end up with white and green and maybe 1 blue because it's just the Ember ability wallet drop.
        Edited by SkaiFaith on April 18, 2024 2:12PM
        A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
        B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
      • kringled_1
        kringled_1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I'm happy to give up on 80 seals to not bother with this one.
      • praxis
        praxis
        ✭✭✭
        One would have been a better idea. Especially when it’s also one of the weekly endeavors.
      • YORKSHIRE76
        YORKSHIRE76
        ✭✭✭
        [

Any time you need to look outside the game to achieve something, the game is probably doing it not in the best way.

People on PC have add-ons? Consoles don't, so I have to memorize spawn points or take my phone and search a map online.

I did this during EU night time going from memory. It took me a while because the spawn points I remembered were empty, and since I didn't want to pull out an online map on my phone I've run around randomly.

I'm not against this endeavor in particular, but I agree that I roll my eyes when I see similar things.
        Just saying it could be better...

Edit: I usually do Thieves Trove endeavors. I dislike more, and tend to skip, when you need X blue drops from stealing, since after years I still don't understand how to complete this - I always end up with white and green and maybe 1 blue because it's just the Ember ability wallet drop. [/quote]

• Zabagad
        Zabagad
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Rageypoo wrote: »
        7qlnzfs48xn7.png

great endeavor, was really easy.
        I had that one as well very easy and quite fast. (I guess second day with not so much time to spend)
        The big difference is - there were alternatives which were even easier (in my opinion) and you had 7 days time.
        So no stress at all and no competition.

Today everybody wants to do it, because it's the 80 one and "nobody" wants to do 10 instead - and everyone has only one timeslot and not 7.