Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SERVER DOWN?

• Elldarian
    Elldarian
    Update: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8089804/#Comment_8089804

ZOS_GinaBruno: (2:05am EDT)

"Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issues affecting PC NA and the PTS. As some of you discovered, we ran into a problem where character saves on the PTS were affecting PC NA, and we locked both PTS and PC NA immediately. We have temporarily locked the affected accounts until we can restore them to a good state and will be notifying those players via email, and will be rolling back progress on PC NA from those accounts to April 15th at 9:30am EDT. This will take several days to complete and we will alert any affected players when their account is accessible again.

To be clear, the rollback will primarily affect accounts that logged onto the PTS after maintenance on April 15th.

Please note if your account is affected, when you attempt to log into your account on any realm you will see a message saying your account was suspended/banned. Rest assured this is not the case and it is simply how our system identifies locked accounts.

The current plan is to bring PC NA back online within the hour, followed by the PTS later in the day.

We will follow up in the coming days with more details summarizing what happened and will share any additional information at that time. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and thank you again for your patience during this matter."
    Edited by Elldarian on April 16, 2024 6:11AM
    Elldarian lil Duk-Tak CP 2125

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
  • CheeseTuber
    CheeseTuber
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo ..... Does this mean it also affects EU players who logged into PTS and thus flagged by the system? This means any people who logged into PTS can be locked out? Or does it mean only for those who logged into the PTS AND NA live server?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got confirmation from a friend who got his account locked and got the email even though he only logged into PTS and not NA .... RIP you poor buggers. I hope you guys get a decent compensation out of this ... All those style pages and tickets lost.
    Edited by CheeseTuber on April 16, 2024 6:20AM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo ..... Does this mean it also affects EU players who logged into PTS and thus flagged by the system? This means any people who logged into PTS can be locked out? Or does it mean only for those who logged into the PTS AND NA live server?

Yes i have currently no character in America server and my account just got locked. Everything i have is in Europe server.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

EDIT: Nevermind. Got confirmation from a friend who got his account locked and got the email even though he only logged into PTS and not NA .... RIP you poor buggers. I hope you guys get a decent compensation out of this ... All those style pages and tickets lost.

PC EU players should not be affected.

Also for any PC NA players that hopped over to PC EU during the downtime, your progress on EU will remain and won't be rolled back.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CheeseTuber
    CheeseTuber
    ✭✭✭

Also for any PC NA players that hopped over to PC EU during the downtime, your progress on EU will remain and won't be rolled back.

That doesn't seem to match with what is happening though. As I mentioned, a guild member logged into PTS and purchased stuff from the crown store on PTS and nothing else. They still got the message. Is it linked to crown store transaction on the PTS?
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be an event extension on NA for those of us who missed out?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hi Gina,

Thank you for the update, however PC/EU players are most definitely affected if they logged in on the PTS yesterday.

A couple of members of our guild that jumped on the PTS to have a poke around with the new furnishings and stuff just got the 'suspended' message.

I have a feeling that more reports like that will follow as people try to log in today, I know that some hopped in to check the new trial.

So I think is fair to say that any account that logged in on the PTS yesterday will be flagged, regardless of what server they play in.

This is extremely disruptive for players considering the nature of the current event. I do hope you do right by these players.
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't log onto EU either. I got sick of waiting for the NA server to come up so attempted to log into EU to play my level 12, the only character I have on EU.

While it doesn't say I'm banned or anything, it says my password is incorrect.

I've not logged onto PTS since update 35.

vf332vq2oe9z.jpg
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm affected by this. Play mostly EU and a tiny bit NA. Logged NA when PTS went down just for daily there and saw the issue, immediately reported, now this....

So let's see:
    - I'll lose the 60k+ archival fortunes worth of fortunes and stuff bought with them that I earned in IA on monday night on EU.
    - I'll lose the IA set parts I have been farming.
    - I'll lose everything from the couple hundred anniversary boxes I farmed monday afternoon on EU (got very lucky with them too).
    - I'll lose monday's 3 event tickets + the daily part of the horse achievement.
    - I'll lose 2 or 3 days more worth of event tickets + horse achievement pieces (since we already needed tickets to buy 5 parts and get the horse... this is a bit of a problem!!)
    - I'll lose the 100 something endeavors from the thieves guild daily and whatever extra endeavor rewards will be there in the next 2 or 3 days. This is likely to add up to quite a lot of endeavors the way things are looking.
    - I'm assuming this also means I can't access PTS, which means I will lose my spot in my trial blind run group, and possibly any chance to do a proper blind run of the new trial with an un-spoilered group. (This is basically the most important event of the year for me in ESO).

I understand that the priority is getting the server back up for people ASAP but this feels like an unnecessarily amount of punishment when all I did was notice a problem and immediately ticket it.
  • cybyonlineb16_ESO
    Here a PC-EU player. I logged in yesterday to the PTS for a few minutes before it crashed.
    Just woke up this morning and wanted to log in to PC-EU on my free day and got the following message. PC-EU accounts are also affected :(

8wlml98233r8.png
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm losing progress too. Everyone is that's getting rolled back. I really hope we get an extension and the daily login in rewards for what we are forced to miss.

Either way I'm never using the PTS again. I dont' think a lot of folk will want to use the PTS after this
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

Hi Gina,

Thank you for the update, however PC/EU players are most definitely affected if they logged in on the PTS yesterday.

A couple of members of our guild that jumped on the PTS to have a poke around with the new furnishings and stuff just got the 'suspended' message.

I have a feeling that more reports like that will follow as people try to log in today, I know that some hopped in to check the new trial.

So I think is fair to say that any account that logged in on the PTS yesterday will be flagged, regardless of what server they play in.

This is extremely disruptive for players considering the nature of the current event. I do hope you do right by these players.

You're right, apologies for the confusion. The accounts that have been temporarily locked include anyone that logged onto the PTS after maintenance completed on April 15 (regardless if you play on NA or EU). However, the rollbacks mentioned in the update are primarily affecting PC NA accounts.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that I can't log into EU (says suspended, got the email).
    I imagine there are no tools for logging an account on one server only.
    Will the affected accounts be rolled back for only the NA server, or for EU aswell? I hope the backup you are restoring from will be server specific
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in to PTS for literally 30 seconds to check out the new HDR settings. I touched literally nothing, now I'm gong to loose millions in gameplay rewards (I earn about 10-20 rewards for the worthy coffers a night), seals of endevor, and event tickets and reward boxes. Competely unacceptable @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please get some more clarification? I'm an affected EU player. Logged NA just to get the daily reward, saw the issue and immediately ticketed it. I then moved back to EU and spent the night playing with some friends. Will what I did on EU be safe or rolled back?

Also there are events running at the moment. Being locked out of an account right now is a huge a loss. It's already necessary to buy 5 parts toward the anniversary horse mount achievement with event tickets. If people are unable to log in for the next 2 or 3 days, due to loss of event vouchers too, that is losing us 4 to 6 parts of the mount. It's also going to mean losing all the bonus endeavors from the thieves guild event.

Is anything going to be done to help those effected recover from this (those of us who did not try to exploit it at least)?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Will the affected accounts be rolled back for only the NA server, or for EU aswell? I hope the backup you are restoring from will be server specific

Rollback will only be for PC NA accounts.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Shnax
    Shnax
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on PC, you are technically always NA and EU player, because you have access to both servers with your account, whether you use it or not. They might filter for players who don't have any character on NA, but those who are active enough to go on the PTS right when it goes live, are also the most likely to have characters on both servers.
    The problem is that you could change things on NA without logging in on NA, so filtering by last login on NA would not work.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Rollback will only be for PC NA accounts.

Hi Kevin, sorry to be picky here, but all PC accounts are both EU and NA accounts, regardless of whether a person chooses to make use of both servers. Can you please confirm if you mean progress will only be lost on NA and EU progress will be safe?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ezhh wrote: »

Can we please get some more clarification? I'm an affected EU player. Logged NA just to get the daily reward, saw the issue and immediately ticketed it. I then moved back to EU and spent the night playing with some friends. Will what I did on EU be safe or rolled back?

Also there are events running at the moment. Being locked out of an account right now is a huge a loss. It's already necessary to buy 5 parts toward the anniversary horse mount achievement with event tickets. If people are unable to log in for the next 2 or 3 days, due to loss of event vouchers too, that is losing us 4 to 6 parts of the mount. It's also going to mean losing all the bonus endeavors from the thieves guild event.

Is anything going to be done to help those effected recover from this (those of us who did not try to exploit it at least)?

Just to reiterate what was posted above, the accounts that have been temporarily locked include anyone that logged onto the PTS after maintenance completed on April 15 (regardless if you play on NA or EU). However, the rollbacks mentioned in the update are primarily affecting PC NA accounts.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

What you did on EU will be safe. As Gina mentioned, rollback is only impacting some on PC NA. As for everything else, we are focusing one thing at a time. We need to make sure we go through all steps of rollback for those involved and work out a few other things. As the update stated, we'll have more to share once we get through these next few steps.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to reiterate what was posted above, the accounts that have been temporarily locked include anyone that logged onto the PTS after maintenance completed on April 15 (regardless if you play on NA or EU). However, the rollbacks mentioned in the update are primarily affecting PC NA accounts.

This doesn't tell us if progress on EU is safe or not.

My only activity on NA today was to log in for the daily reward, then send a ticket when I saw the issue. Nothing else. I would think it would be understandable that I don't want to lose quite many hours of progress, (including event rewards that have a limited time in which the can be collected and some very lucky drops!) on EU because I happened to log into NA, or because I happen to also have an NA character.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What you did on EU will be safe. As Gina mentioned, rollback is only impacting some on PC NA. As for everything else, we are focusing one thing at a time. We need to make sure we go through all steps of rollback for those involved and work out a few other things. As the update stated, we'll have more to share once we get through these next few steps.

Communicating a plan for full and complete compensation needs to be the #1 priority now.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you did on EU will be safe.

Thanks Kevin - that's what I was hoping to hear. I very much appreciate the straight answer.

Will look forward to hearing more once you can share it.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Communicating a plan for full and complete compensation needs to be the #1 priority now.

I'd argue that getting every suspended account back into the game should be the top priority.

And then...for everyone impacted, not just full compensation but something beyond that.
    These are volunteers that logged into PTS and are paying a heavy price. I'd suggest something like 6 months of ESO+.

For the record I did not log into PTS and don't have the SSD space to even install it lol. But fair is fair. This is going to damage people's willingness to log into PTS. A nice, big gesture might help with that.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • TheMasterMeme
    TheMasterMeme
    ✭✭✭
    I think at the minimum for compensation the event should be extended after all the accounts that were affected have been fixed.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can only add that XP scrolls and pets are not real compesation. I expect at least extending eso+ for days I was locked of playing.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd think restoring accounts to the way they should be would probably be the #1 priority tbh.

Why is everybody being so entitled and demanding? They've extended events for extended maintenance times in the past.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to recover what I am losing through this. I don't need more than that, but mostly I would like my account reenabled before I lose out on even more things during the biggest event of the year.
  • xXCJsniperXx7
    xXCJsniperXx7
    ✭✭✭
    This is only applying to PC correct? In Gina's update post it said "Please note if your account is affected, when you attempt to log into your account on any realm you will see a message saying your account was suspended/banned." By "any realm" is that isolated to just PC? Because it sounds like it implies every mega server.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only applying to PC correct?

Correct.
    Edited by hiyde on April 16, 2024 7:14AM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)