Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

SERVER DOWN?

• JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smell a post mortem on the horizon

Also I noticed that the account system maintenance is scheduled to go until 6 PM.

Ah, well... at least I can take that cue to run errands and stuff.

Gina and Kevin, thank you for keeping us updated. I wish you all the best energy to get things under control.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Ezhh wrote: »
    Can we please get some more clarification? I'm an affected EU player. Logged NA just to get the daily reward, saw the issue and immediately ticketed it. I then moved back to EU and spent the night playing with some friends. Will what I did on EU be safe or rolled back?

Also there are events running at the moment. Being locked out of an account right now is a huge a loss. It's already necessary to buy 5 parts toward the anniversary horse mount achievement with event tickets. If people are unable to log in for the next 2 or 3 days, due to loss of event vouchers too, that is losing us 4 to 6 parts of the mount. It's also going to mean losing all the bonus endeavors from the thieves guild event.

Is anything going to be done to help those effected recover from this (those of us who did not try to exploit it at least)?

What you did on EU will be safe. As Gina mentioned, rollback is only impacting some on PC NA. As for everything else, we are focusing one thing at a time. We need to make sure we go through all steps of rollback for those involved and work out a few other things. As the update stated, we'll have more to share once we get through these next few steps.

Communicating a plan for full and complete compensation needs to be the #1 priority now.

I'd think restoring accounts to the way they should be would probably be the #1 priority tbh.

Why is everybody being so entitled and demanding? They've extended events for extended maintenance times in the past.
    True, it sucks for us who are losing out on future progress, but it will sucks so much more for people who deleted their character (or items) on the pts to make room and are now hoping that everything will be restored properly

THIS!

The PTS database is supposed to be a copy of Live, so you can do what you want there without affecting your "real" account. I don't even want to think about how I'd feel if I'd deleted one or more of my important characters to make space and then found they were deleted for real!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for handling this without rolling back all accounts. I appreciate not being caught up in all this mess as I don't bother with the PTS.
    Options
  • upari
    upari
    ✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    upari wrote: »
    7kfvn7ruk3p5.jpg

Friendly reminder to everyone...
    Every company does that to keep their behinds safe, but then they have a choice to be or not to be an *** when actually handling such incidents.
    Having the right doesn't mean you are right.

Did i say that should be like this. I was just pointing out what TOS says about this to those who are DEMANDING compensation that we are not entitled to any. That being said, ZOS has quite good trackrecord giving us something for these extended downtimes.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just pointing out what TOS says about this to those who are DEMANDING compensation that we are not entitled to any.

This may be true but I seriously doubt this is how ZoS wants their 10 year anniversary to be remembered.

From the frustrating and stressful grind for style pages that still aren't dropping for many even after several days doing the same activity over and over and over. To multiple players unable to play for 2 to 3 days or more now and missing out on the event, and probably the mount from not being able to log in.

We may not be entitled to anything but in the spirit of good customer service there really should be compensation made. I suggest the following:
    • Extend the event so those that are unable to play now can still get the mount they may otherwise miss out on through no fault of their own
    • Greatly increase the drop rate of the style pages. The current grind for these is brutal and creating bad feelings about this celebration for many.
    • Replace daily log in rewards and endeavor bonus seals those locked out will not be able to obtain now.

[Thank you @Lilytetsuya for the last idea.]
    Edited by SilverBride on April 16, 2024 8:05PM
    PCNA
    Options
  • Meredy
    Meredy
    ✭✭✭
    I was just pointing out what TOS says about this to those who are DEMANDING compensation that we are not entitled to any.

This may be true but I seriously doubt this is how ZoS wants their 10 year anniversary to be remembered.

From the frustrating and stressful grind for style pages that still aren't dropping for many even after several days doing the same activity over and over and over. To multiple players unable to play for 2 to 3 days or more now and missing out on the event, and probably the mount from not being able to log in.

We may not be entitled to anything but in the spirit of good customer service there really should be compensation made. I suggest the following:
    • Extend the event so those that are unable to play now can still get the mount they may otherwise miss out on through no fault of their own
    • Greatly increase the drop rate of the style pages. The current grind for these is brutal and creating bad feelings about this celebration for many.
    • Consider rewarding crown crates just as a good faith gesture to bring back some good feelings about this event.

Please don't give us Crown Crates lmao.
    Options
  • Lilytetsuya
    Lilytetsuya
    Soul Shriven

• Consider rewarding crown crates just as a good faith gesture to bring back some good feelings about this event.

Event extension is a good idea, the crates not so much. Instead we should be given the tickets we are currently prevented from acquiring, the daily log in rewards we are unable to acquire that we won't be able to get otherwise and will be locked out of, and the several days of seals of endeavors we are unable to acquire through no fault of our own. Getting what we are prevented from acquiring due to no fault of our own seems like a fair compensation. Not to mention there are countries where online gambling such as crates is prohibited by law so if we got crates people in such countries wouldn't get anything. With my proposition players would get fair compensation.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Event extension is a good idea, the crates not so much. Instead we should be given the tickets we are currently prevented from acquiring, the daily log in rewards we are unable to acquire that we won't be able to get otherwise and will be locked out of, and the several days of seals of endeavors we are unable to acquire through no fault of our own. Getting what we are prevented from acquiring due to no fault of our own seems like a fair compensation. Not to mention there are countries where online gambling such as crates is prohibited by law so if we got crates people in such countries wouldn't get anything. With my proposition players would get fair compensation.

Good points. I will edit my suggestion. :)
    PCNA
    Options
  • buzzsaw67
    buzzsaw67
    Still happening on and off on 4/18/24.
    Options