Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardened Ward heal making it to live is a mistake and needs to be changed

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you see now is everyone using “Wield Soul” in any kind of aspect
    This is great though, because there are so many variants of it, unique to various builds, enabling a more diverse meta by filling the gaps in builds that were previously held back from the top tiers. Scribing gives MagSorc in particular a ton more bar flexibility, which is the buff it's really needed for a long time and the right way to do it, not the broken op Ward.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @xylena_lazarow don't get me wrong, but sorcs already have the best buffs in the game in just a few skills like bound aegis or encase, they don't need more buffs .... to be fair though scribing has made everyone stronger, but sorcs benefit the most from it.
    A few years ago when class identity and player roles mattered, only certain classes could get buffs like vitality or protection etc. Nowadays everyone has all buffs in 2-3 skills and it's just an endless fight.
    Heals for days
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of want to keep this on the down low, but Sorc Wield Soul (Shock or Physical) with the class mastery is BUSTED after patch 43 (they corrected Sorc passive on shock, buffed the focus 3% and buffed the mastery 6.6%).

I'm getting a spammable with a major debuff (cowardice/defile/breach) that tooltips for 5% less than curse (in my case a 17k tooltip spammable).
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then it really feels weird to wield soul sorc and turn around and wield soul also on templar or something else for that matter. Just trade frags, streak, and curse for metor, javelin, and beam. Range supremacy has gotten super boring
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 23, 2024 9:28PM
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @TechMaybeHic that's pretty much all u get these days ... literally loading into BGs with a minimum of 4 sorcs and 4 nightblades and the rest are just anything ... the current meta is just awful ... not gonna lie I don't think that "PvP update" will help ... the game is just dying and adding all the buffs to the busted classes makes it worse but who cares I guess
    Heals for days
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion. Let the person who reworked blastbones and arctic blast skills now get to work on hardened ward.
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @Afterip lmao love that idea xD Fully support it xD
    Edited by Ren_TheRedFox on August 24, 2024 1:32AM
    Heals for days
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    I have a suggestion. Let the person who reworked blastbones and arctic blast skills now get to work on hardened ward.

They did that ~5 years ago when they completely gutted ward into complete uselessness and wanted to destroy it even further with cast times on top of its already unusable state. They only reverted the proposed cast time because it basically deleted sorcerer from the game and the outcry was deafening.

I'd rather ZOS actually listened to, and applied, the constructive feedback being provided in regards to ward (which there has been plenty). Adjust ward so it's in a more balanced state (like it is when you only sit at ~40k mag instead of where it peaks at with 55k+ mag + double vitality), so it's not completely broken, but still remains a good defensive tool.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OH BOY we are in for a good time lmaoo
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @Turtle_Bot let's be real here .... they're gonna do what they're always doing .... buff/nerf a skill to the top/ground and revert it later saying "it was over/underperforming so we adjusted it" and all they're doing is basically reverting that skill pretty much to its original state with a little adjustment .... at this point it really just feels like they're trying to "fill" the patch notes with these "changes" but with no intention of actually fixing skills.
    Heals for days
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be interesting :#
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on the Hardened Ward changes everyone? I am curious to read your opinions.
    PC NA - Greyhost
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like that person handled NB cloak, while Ward only got a heal scaling nerf. Sorc is still cracked.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Tcholl
    Tcholl
    ✭✭✭
    Tnx for the input @xylena_lazarow. I agree, but the patch at least went in a good direction. Maybe, others have different opinions though.
    PC NA - Greyhost