The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wykkyd's Addons - New & Upcoming Features

• Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joviex‌ - I'll try to make a better effort to be in Teamspeak when I'm online and working. The issue is that I sometimes get bombarded and just need to focus.

I would like some help, certainly. I just need to iron a few things out first and then I could farm some your way if you're up for it.
  • Joviex
    Joviex
    ✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    @Joviex‌ - I'll try to make a better effort to be in Teamspeak when I'm online and working. The issue is that I sometimes get bombarded and just need to focus.

I would like some help, certainly. I just need to iron a few things out first and then I could farm some your way if you're up for it.

Yeah no worries. We could establish some crossover times worst case. My schedule is hammer time, and I hear ya on the bombard.

Whatever you need handled, throw it over the fence. I've kind of done the same thing and throttled back because the heavy handed nature of some of the libs, and was stripping out functionality into modules as well.

Much rather have it consolidated in a unified front.

Cheers.

• Wooten
    Wooten
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, I just started messing around in add-ons with ESO and, well, you can't research add-ons without hearing about your framework. Many commendations on the great work. I am most interested in the Outfitter and Macro/Keybind functions for swapping builds out. Am I better off waiting a few days until they are stand alone units or go ahead and get the framework and the ones I want now?Thanks for your time, looked at your twitter and seems like you putting 16 hour days in to make us nice stuff and fuel your passion. Keep up the good fight.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooten wrote: »
    Hello, I just started messing around in add-ons with ESO and, well, you can't research add-ons without hearing about your framework. Many commendations on the great work.
    Thanks. It has been a labor of love.
    I am most interested in the Outfitter and Macro/Keybind functions for swapping builds out. Am I better off waiting a few days until they are stand alone units or go ahead and get the framework and the ones I want now?
    You could start using them now. It'll probably be late Saturday night or mid day on Sunday before I have the improved, bug-free, stand-alone version complete. It'll mostly function the same, so getting used to it now is no harm.
    Thanks for your time, looked at your twitter and seems like you putting 16 hour days in to make us nice stuff and fuel your passion. Keep up the good fight.
    Some weeks have been closer to 40 hours for day job and 80 hours for addon dev. But as I said, it's a labor of love. My current rewrite of Framework into LibWykkydFactory has yielded around 7,000 lines of code in the new library and the net result is that addons like Group Tools were able to be scaled down from 9 code files to a single 600 line file. I think at this point I'm on my 6th or 7th revision of the entire underlying structure of my suite of addons.
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like as good a place as any to hang this... it explains how to use macro keys with outfitter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb0ZPLdMR2E
    Edited by Razour on May 2, 2014 2:30PM
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, Razour! It was quite funny that my old "how-to" video for my Gadgets: Outfitter addon from Rift was linked after your video as a relevant video ;)

In other news, OP was updated. 5 of my addons became stand-alone this weekend. The remaining pieces of the puzzle are Wykkyd's Outfitter and Wykkyd's Framework, the later of which needs to be split into 6 or so different addons.

FYI: The Wykkyd's Framework download on ESOUI will become a collection of the split-up addons when that change occurs.
  • Wolle0rism
    Wolle0rism
    Soul Shriven
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    Awesome, Razour! It was quite funny that my old "how-to" video for my Gadgets: Outfitter addon from Rift was linked after your video as a relevant video ;)

Oh, you made that absolut awesome Addon "Gadgets" or just the Outfitter part? Big thanks, dude! It was a big enhancement for that (at it's time) great game ;)
    .:|~ Proud Member of the Aldmeri Dominion ~|:.
  • dgilpin22
    dgilpin22
    So I'm coming from Warlegend HUD. It was great, but missing several things your addon has. I love you addon. The only thing missing, or maybe I'm just blind, is more target info. Warlegend gave more info on the target, whether it is player or npc. Mainly, I'm talking about an enemy target. Warlegend showed small marks next to the name depending on how "elite" the target is. Does your addon have this anywhere?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon WILL have that in the near future, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I overcommitted my time lately and am playing catch-up. Heck, I haven't played the game in a month at this point because I've been so slammed. I know, it's all just excuses. I wish I could make this stuff my day job to better support you guys. It's certainly more fun and rewarding than healthcare data services programming.
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Real Life is a pretty valid excuse :)
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop in and say a very big THANK YOU to you for all your hard work and dedication that we all get to benefit from! <3
  • Mikjall
    Mikjall
    Soul Shriven
    Hey,

First off, I think your add-ons are fantastic, and were quickly released, really impressed!

There's a slight issue i'm having with macro's atm though.

I have 5 Macro's for PvE that work fine. I just tried to make some for PvP though, set the skills and gear changes, click 'Save' and it saves with text confirmation. If I click edit on the new macro however, the entries change. For example:
    I might make a macro that looks like this:

Skills: Set PvP Bow
    Skills: Set PvP Melee
    Gear: Set DPS/Melee

When I save, and press edit afterwards, it says:

Skills: Set PvP Bow
    Skills: Set PVP Bow
    Gear: Set DPS/Melee (sometimes gear sets to 0)

I've deleted and re-done my skill sets and made sure the skill sets are set to the correct weapon slots for 1 and 2, but this keeps happening. My first 5 are fine however, it's really strange. Is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Think I figured it out. Didn't realize 1 skillset could contain both bars, gonna try this now.
    EDIT: This worked, sorry about the post. It sometimes reverts them to '0' but this isn't permanent, and is easily rectifiable.
    Edited by Mikjall on May 22, 2014 3:58PM
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Wykkyd for all the great add ons, really appreciate the great work! Hope all is well with you.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Launcher reports many Add-ons out of date since the 1.1.2 Patch. FYI, I did load and update Minion before starting the ESO Launcher so every installed MOD was updated to the latest available version on Minion.

Posting this here because many of the Add-Ons flagged out of date were Wykyyd tools. Are updates compatible with ESO 1.1.2 forthcoming?

TIA.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering they changed the addon versioning without warning, again... that's why you have to choose to load out of date addons. Because we addon authors had such a wonderful "heads up" on the addon changes. Yet again. /sarcasm.
  • Khuul99
    Khuul99
    ✭✭
    thanks alot for the great addon suite.

Are you planning to create something for the group and large group(raid) windows as well?

Apologize if it has been asked before and answered.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I have bug fixing to do first. :/
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌Wykkyd,

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry about the "slip-stream" API changes which certainly complicates your job.

I have checked to allow out-of-date Add-Ons, some of which give various error messages. One by one I disable identifiable Add-Ons that cause errors until I can play without error after a /reloadui.

Your patience and persistence are sincerely appreciated. I'll volunteer to "Beta Test" forthcoming updates, if you could use that help.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild

• Alastorrf
    Alastorrf
    Soul Shriven
    Just wanted to add here. THANK YOU Wykkyd for your MODS. It has certainly enhanced my gaming experience in TESO. You are a ROCK STAR.

I have just one request: Is it possible to create a latency mod? It would help to know ping rates to the server as I live in South Africa. Ping rates are NOT that great from here.

Thanks once again for all your hard work...Much appreciated
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The recent updates in Wykyyd's MODs now updated and current! Thanks, @Wykkyd (*) and @Cairenn, <3 kudos for MINION! :D

• Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alastorrf wrote: »
    Just wanted to add here. THANK YOU Wykkyd for your MODS. It has certainly enhanced my gaming experience in TESO. You are a ROCK STAR.

I have just one request: Is it possible to create a latency mod? It would help to know ping rates to the server as I live in South Africa. Ping rates are NOT that great from here.

Thanks once again for all your hard work...Much appreciated
    I wish. That would require something server-side to respond to the ping, or an API command to access game-client-managed latency/ping. No such functions exist.
  • Ynehairte
    Ynehairte
    Communauté
    Hello.
    I love your addon but i have a little problem with the macro.

I have just the choice between "Emote" or "Addon" and I have not "Chat", "Gear" or "Skill".

It's a bug or a choice of you ?

610512macro.jpg
    Membre fondateur du Triumvirat ! Et ce dernier s'accapare de ce forum !
    Ynehairte, une histoire, une légende
    @ynehairte si vous avez quelques questions (dans la mesure de mes capacités)
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could you have Gear and Skill options if you aren't running the addon that gives them? Install Outfitter.

Chat options will come back when Zenimax puts the commands back into the API to support it.
  • Ynehairte
    Ynehairte
    Communauté
    Thank you for the reply. I will install Outfitter and I'll wait for the chat :smile:
    Membre fondateur du Triumvirat ! Et ce dernier s'accapare de ce forum !
    Ynehairte, une histoire, une légende
    @ynehairte si vous avez quelques questions (dans la mesure de mes capacités)
  • LilMcGinley
    LilMcGinley
    ✭✭
    I know MH is a pvp guild so I figured I'd ask here.. is there anyway to show how much AP you are currently worth or how much someone got from killing you?
  • Scora
    Scora
    ✭✭
    I love this addOn, i only have one issue with it. Im sorry if this has been mentioned before but - would it be possible to be able to move the Health/Stamina/magicka bars on your own? Especially the Target HP bar. i want to be able to move it down closer to my other bars :o
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scora wrote: »
    I love this addOn, i only have one issue with it. Im sorry if this has been mentioned before but - would it be possible to be able to move the Health/Stamina/magicka bars on your own? Especially the Target HP bar. i want to be able to move it down closer to my other bars :o

Use this.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info199-Azurah-InterfaceEnhanced.html

Make sure you use the download in the comments for v1.2.3 until (hopefully) the add-on author updates it.
  • Scora
    Scora
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Scora wrote: »

Use this.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info199-Azurah-InterfaceEnhanced.html

Make sure you use the download in the comments for v1.2.3 until (hopefully) the add-on author updates it.

Thank you, i will try that :)
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job with the addons Wykkyd, I am currently using most of them included in the framework along with the outfitter.

My toughts are regarding the subtitles addon. I dont know how it works, but I guess the addon knows when to draw each line of subtitles as it does it perfectly. The problem is it appears to always show it for the same time, so short lines will stay longer than need, and long lines will fade before the npc has finished saying it.

Is there any api-side restriction to be able to know when a speech line is finished by an npc? Given ZOS does not mind to include such a basic feature like cinematic subtitles, it would be the least from them to include such a thing in their api if not already there, dont you think?
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »
    My toughts are regarding the subtitles addon. I dont know how it works, but I guess the addon knows when to draw each line of subtitles as it does it perfectly. The problem is it appears to always show it for the same time, so short lines will stay longer than need, and long lines will fade before the npc has finished saying it.
    I guess he is just listening to the two /NPC channels (for some reason not all speech is on the same channel) that already contain the subtitles, and shows them on the UI.

The chat itself will simply show them as the NPC starts to talk the line. However, that is not always perfectly alligned - sometimes voiceovers overlap (even with the same character).
    And figuring the duration from the lenght of the text is not reliable.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.