Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Yeah that southeast side symbol looks like a Mora eye and the southern side symbol looks like the Mages Guild eye.

Not sure that is the Mages Guild eye. The symbol for the Mages Guild looks a bit like it, but also different:

pxb8nmildmvw.jpeg

The symbol on the glass-stained window has three additional pieces in it.

It also reminds a bit of the crest of the College of Winterhold.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gods no. Not bloody Eveli.

And not a whole year of badly voiced Bosmer that sound like D v D (can’t actually write his name on this site!) on a very bad day….its too painful to contemplate.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And not a whole year of badly voiced Bosmer that sound like D v D (can’t actually write his name on this site!) on a very bad day….its too painful to contemplate.

Yeah. I’m excited for everything else but I’ve never done Orisinium so I’ve only ever heard her Blackwood version. Her voice gave me a headache.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Yeah. I’m excited for everything else but I’ve never done Orisinium so I’ve only ever heard her Blackwood version. Her voice gave me a headache.

She’s slightly more bearable in Orsinium, if only because she gets a bit of character growth…which vanished for Blackwood, so my hopes for her in any future content are not high.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on one of my discord noticed that in the border, you can recognize the Oblivion logo:

xfe5dmmk1k5j.png

This would match with the rumors from a leak at the end of last year regarding Skingrad being part of the next chapter, which was in the Oblivion game.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very much believing the eye symbol represents the Mages Guild. It fits together with the lantern as well - in Daggerfall, there was the Order of the Lamp, which is the knightly order that protects the Mages Guild. We don't have much else on them, but it's likely we'll see more of that lore coming up since that's almost too obvious of a symbol.

The Fargrave symbol is also obvious in the first image. This is all looking very Falinesti, what with the leaves and the trees and the fact that it disappeared and that one of the most popular theories in 2E is that it was taken away to Oblivion. Falinesti's probably not enough for a full Chapter though, but it'd make a great Fargrave-esque hub city for an external plane.

I haven't done the Necrom line yet, but it'd make sense that the One who Knows would... know where Falinesti is...

The other thing that's jumping out at me is the author of the letter. We last saw Beragon in the Gates of Oblivion prologue because his younger sister was the lead character for the Blackwood Chapter. I... really hope she's not our lead again, or at least she's written much better this time. I was not the biggest fan of Eveli, and I was especially not a fan of the fact that the story railroaded the player into needing to be dumber than her so she could explain everything to us. I didn't like that every other quest stage was "Talk to Eveli" - I felt like I almost had to ask her if I could use the bathroom (but of course, I'd have to first ask her how to do so because evidently my character was too dumb to even breathe on his own). It really felt like there were only three brain cells in the entire Blackwood storyline, and Lyranth had all three of them (though to be fair, that's three more brain cells than were in the entire High Isle storyline, so that's something at least). I also know that the fact that there were no branching dialogue options, e.g. to lie about being in the Brotherhood, was not popular and I hope that is also not returning.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chima84 did some rotating and resizing and came to a better combined photo:

0p2lfefyjg06.png

I'm not sure this is correct. I don't think the bottom right piece fits there. I think there might be two more pieces we haven't seen. I suppose it could just be a scaling issue though.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 8, 2024 4:23PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falinesti actually could be a possibility, while it doesn't make a reappearance for another 500 years, we could be the catalyst that sets it in motion for it to return to Nirn. Instead of a chapter where we win with overwhelming power, we beat it through being clever, we trick the trickster and undo his magic over time.

When arriving there, the residence have no idea their city has vanished and act as if nothing has happened, you have to wake them up, unlock their memories, and make them realize they are trapped.

We do battle with Rahjin >:)
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chima84 did some rotating and resizing and came to a better combined photo:

0p2lfefyjg06.png

I'm not sure this is correct. I don't think the bottom right piece fits there. I think there might be two more pieces we haven't seen. I suppose it could just be a scaling issue though.

I think you're right about this. Even with scaling, the tree in the bottom right piece is weirdly cut off; the gold piece near the middle is shorter than the other side; the star-looking symbol in the middle is also off.

Either there's two more pieces or an intentionally-missing spot between the bottom two. It doesn't look like that area is huge though, probably not a new piece with its own symbol; it just looks part of the bottom right piece is missing.

Edited by emilyhyoyeon on January 8, 2024 4:44PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either there's two more pieces or an intentionally-missing spot between the bottom two. It doesn't look like that area is huge though, probably not a new piece with its own symbol; it just looks part of the bottom right piece is missing.

We don't even know if they ought to fit perfectly. Maybe there are a few versions which broke differently. But for now, I think it's large due to that fact that each photo was taken under different circumstances.
  • Danzio
    Danzio
    ✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    I looked but couldn't find the answer:

Why do you call the Ebonheart Pact the "Red Pact"?

Because in PvP they associated with red color at Cyrodiil map. Dominion is yellow, Covenant is blue. Respectively, as they called at my guild, tomatos, bananas and eggplants! :smiley:
    PC EU | Proud kwama in Kwama-and-Sujamma | Doing raids, craft and stuff | Healing bosses, taunting group, damaging AOE-mechanics | CP 1900+
    MAIN | Halintar | Altmer Templar (healer) | Worshipper of Auri-El
    And many other dudes (just... too many)
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The middle thing looks like the antiquarian's eye.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many tubers have claimed this is spellcrafting confirmed? :D
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yay! We might be getting a Wood Elf chapter.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't the panels in blue be a iteration of the different "schools" one can learn in magic? The autumn trees and the lyre thing should be dividers. Now, which magic school the blue panels represent, that is beyond me.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like the idea of a Wood Elf chapter only because they still can’t do actual forests in the engine. Maybe they fixed that and there will be more than just a few trees scattered about.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the panels in blue be a iteration of the different "schools" one can learn in magic? The autumn trees and the lyre thing should be dividers. Now, which magic school the blue panels represent, that is beyond me.

no i doubt that.

cug6zfq9olv9.png

the eye with wings likely refers to the Mages Guild.
    the other eye would be Mora.
    the lamp could be referring to the Order of the Lamp, the Mages Guild's knightly order.

and the leaf is probably the Ayleid life tree.
    z155mmbxvzvk.jpg

miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thought about the lamp, though maybe an oblique thing to try and tie-in, but on Sharp-As-Night's questlines, there's this underground railroad of Dunmer and other folks helping slaves escape the Telvanni and they mark themselves with common lamps like that.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought about the lamp, though maybe an oblique thing to try and tie-in, but on Sharp-As-Night's questlines, there's this underground railroad of Dunmer and other folks helping slaves escape the Telvanni and they mark themselves with common lamps like that.

That was twin lamps though, wasn’t it? And two of the portable Dres lamps rather than the common lanterns.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m wondering if the moon shapes are a Bosmer faction. There is a tiny moon within another moon. Moons stacked is the symbol of the Khajiit, who share the same creation myth as the Bosmer. The lyre shape could have to do with how the Bosmer are storytellers and sing shape into plants, while the tangled strings could refer to their original endlessly changing nature. (Which also goes into abandoning the Green Pact…)

Edit: Or even it’s not a lyre at all, but a basin. The strings could be the Ooze.
    Edited by Soarora on January 8, 2024 5:59PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank

View my builds!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m wondering if the moon shapes are a Bosmer faction. There is a tiny moon within another moon. Moons stacked is the symbol of the Khajiit, who share the same creation myth as the Bosmer. The lyre shape could have to do with how the Bosmer are storytellers and sing shape into plants, while the tangled strings could refer to their original endlessly changing nature. (Which also goes into abandoning the Green Pact…)

Edit: Or even it’s not a lyre at all, but a basin. The strings could be the Ooze.

i don't see moons, but Skingrad has this symbol with moons
    42gxe1qpscnu.jpg
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or even it’s not a lyre at all, but a basin. The strings could be the Ooze.

I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't look like a lyre to me.

The Twin Lamps wouldn't be symbolized by a single lamp.
    The other thing that's jumping out at me is the author of the letter. We last saw Beragon in the Gates of Oblivion prologue because his younger sister was the lead character for the Blackwood Chapter. I... really hope she's not our lead again, or at least she's written much better this time. I was not the biggest fan of Eveli, and I was especially not a fan of the fact that the story railroaded the player into needing to be dumber than her so she could explain everything to us. I didn't like that every other quest stage was "Talk to Eveli" - I felt like I almost had to ask her if I could use the bathroom (but of course, I'd have to first ask her how to do so because evidently my character was too dumb to even breathe on his own). It really felt like there were only three brain cells in the entire Blackwood storyline, and Lyranth had all three of them (though to be fair, that's three more brain cells than were in the entire High Isle storyline, so that's something at least). I also know that the fact that there were no branching dialogue options, e.g. to lie about being in the Brotherhood, was not popular and I hope that is also not returning.

Imagine creating a chapter about the Daedric prince of knowledge, about wisdom, scholars and hidden mysteries - and making Eveli the lead :p

No, seriously (and yeah, I know that we don't even know how big the focus on Mora will be this chapter): I really hope it will not be her. I'm fine with her brother, but please, not Eveli. For the reasons stated above, but also because I think that it would be nice to actually meet new interesting characters instead of always the same ones. Or seeing more of a side quest character that didn't have a big role yet would also be okay with me. But Eveli has had her chance already.

And I really, really hope they don't make the player character look like an imbecile again. It has improved in Necrom, but I still found it a bit unappealing that Leramil regularly aborts her musings and explanations claiming the player character wouldn't understand anyway. I wish ZOS would acknowledge that some of us actually play scholars. And mages shouldn't be strikingly stupid either. We can literally become a member not only of the Mages Guild, but even of the Psijic Order in this game, which would require a certain intelligence. And last, but not least, we can play an Arcanist, who would be familiar with concepts around Hermaeus Mora and Apocrypha. Yet they treat us as if it all would be too complicated for us to understand anyway. I know it's probably because they don't want to write longer dialogues and get deeper into those topics, but there would we other ways to avoid that without making the player character compulsively stupid.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

i don't see moons, but Skingrad has this symbol with moons
    42gxe1qpscnu.jpg

The ones by the fargrave symbols. There’s the larger obvious one pointing towards the outside and a much smaller one pointing towards the middle. It could be related to Skingrad based on the shapes, directions differing, and sizes. Though the shapes don’t match, its more of the Khajiit moon at least from my memory.
    Edited by Soarora on January 8, 2024 6:04PM
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The strings could also be strings of fate and it’s actually the symbol of the one who has been forgotten, though it’s hard to have a symbol with meaning when you’re not supposed to remember what the meaning is.
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lizathy on one of my guilds discord made the three pieces we have so far fit better. In real life they will never fit perfectly as they all have a transparant border that gets in the way. We now only need that fourth part in the top right of the image (which is now a placeholder image)

w4sinraka6os.png
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see anything that looks like the Skingrad emblem to me. The crescents did remind me of Y’ffre’s lyre, although I don’t believe it’s been depicted in quite this fashion before, but to me it looks more like that than any depiction of crescent moons.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    The background has a lot of fragment patterns, the hints are themselves fragments, so we will have to find fragments probably?
    The Quakecon 2014 Spellcrafting preview/demo included finding fragments but I won't go there.. :p
    "In many cultures, the breaking of glass is often considered a bad omen or a sign of bad luck. This belief may stem from the idea that breaking glass represents a disruption of peace or harmony."
    Edited by Masteroshi430 on January 8, 2024 6:26PM
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see anything that looks like the Skingrad emblem to me. The crescents did remind me of Y’ffre’s lyre, although I don’t believe it’s been depicted in quite this fashion before, but to me it looks more like that than any depiction of crescent moons.

Y’ffre’s lyre with tangled strings makes narrative sense though then the perfect crescents would only be stylization. The crescents also match Hermaeus Mora, though I’m not sure why he even has crescent moons as a symbol. I guess because he controls the tides like our moon does? Always thought that was weird for a Prince of Knowledge to do. He might’ve stolen that power just like he did with fate, but that just leads back into it being the forgotten one’s symbol.

Edit: it could also just refer to fate in general, since there are several strings at each end but the ends are connected by one (1).
    Edited by Soarora on January 8, 2024 6:16PM
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hearing Skingrad a lot. I haven't heard about that myself (but I'm not looking into information beyond what's been officially released, so don't tell me if that's where the info is coming from), and I don't see it in the promo, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I can't help but think that the top blue part in that reconstructed stained glass could potentially be the part of Skingrad's moons emblem.

I would really really love Skingrad though - it'd be a perfect hub city, and then Miscarcand would be a perfect Public Dungeon... and the Shrine of Meridia is just outside the city, which would be an excellent way to make a 10th anniversaty reappearance for her (or a primary antagonist please!)

My thing with Skingrad though it I don't see how Falinesti would fit in, and from the letter and the leaves I'm more thinking Falinesti. Falinesti would obviously be a hub city, but that's pointing to a Daedric realm as it's gone.

...maybe this is going to be one as a Chapter zone and then back to a Q4 DLC a la Leyawiin/Blackwood and Fargrave/Deadlands?

EDIT: Wait - hold on, I just reread the letter. "Don't allow any would-be Emperors or Saliache ruins to delay you."
    "Would-be Emperors" is pointing to Cyrodiil. "Saliache" is uncommon in TES lingo, only seen so far in the markings from the Ayleid crates. However, the Adalab-a does reference an "imperatum saliache," which seems to be an old name for the Ayleid empire. The Ayleids were all over, but again, we could be talking about Cyrodiil - unfortunately that's also looking at some of Valenwood as well. Still, the West Weald's close to Valenwood and there are quite a few ruins there.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on January 8, 2024 6:36PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hearing Skingrad a lot. I haven't heard about that myself (but I'm not looking into information beyond what's been officially released, so don't tell me if that's where the info is coming from), and I don't see it in the promo, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I can't help but think that the top blue part in that reconstructed stained glass could potentially be the part of Skingrad's moons emblem.

I would really really love Skingrad though - it'd be a perfect hub city, and then Miscarcand would be a perfect Public Dungeon... and the Shrine of Meridia is just outside the city, which would be an excellent way to make a 10th anniversaty reappearance for her (or a primary antagonist please!)

My thing with Skingrad though it I don't see how Falinesti would fit in, and from the letter and the leaves I'm more thinking Falinesti. Falinesti would obviously be a hub city, but that's pointing to a Daedric realm as it's gone.

...maybe this is going to be one as a Chapter zone and then back to a Q4 DLC a la Leyawiin/Blackwood and Fargrave/Deadlands?

Searching on the UESP page for Falinesti I saw that Valenwood as a whole has a history with the Colovians attacking them, and Falinesti was the seat of the empire that oversaw Valenwood (Camoran Empire).
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!