Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My Wishlist for 2024 and Beyond

disky
disky
✭✭✭
No preamble. Here's the things:

- Improved/upscaled texture quality (parallax mapping would be great too!)
- The ability to toggle visibility of combat pets in non-combat areas
- Optional increased challenge mode for overland
- More challenging and dynamic stealth content
- More variety for Endless Archive tilesets
- More available and common Tales of Tribute opponents, like barkeeps and shop owners (similar to Gw*nt)
- Interactive traps and activators for housing, because I want to build a frickin' obstacle course
- Packs of basic NPCs for housing. Groups of farmers/tavern patrons/soldiers, etc.
- A fourth dye slot. So many articles of clothing have parts that aren't dyeable
- When purchasing a costume with a hat, I'd love to receive the hat as a separate piece
- Dye Preview, allowing players to preview a locked dye in the customization menu

Weapon styles, such as
- One-Hand & Magic, using one-handed weapons and either an open-hand or a focus, like an orb/book
- Martial Arts/Hand-to-Hand/Brawling, featuring various hand-to-hand attacks and throwing weapons
- Martial Staff/Spear, using staves but employing martial techniques (many staves already look like spears or pole weapons)

Of course we'll be getting new content, balance changes, new features, all of the normal ESO stuff, but some of these are things I've wanted since I started playing ESO a few years ago and I'm surprised they weren't in when I started. Let's go ZOS, I believe in you!
Edited by disky on January 16, 2024 2:37PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My list:
    1. Custom map markers. It'd be nice to mark where treasure maps, surveys, and skyshards are, so alts enjoy a smoother experience.
    2. Skyshard hints need to be fixed from Deadlands onwards, again, so alts enjoy a smoother experience.
    3. IA enhancements such as more tilesets and the ability to save progress.
    4. Better quest iconography so players can tell what's a prologue or not.
    5. More medium houses (not in the crown store).
    6. More in-game, permanently available race/zone mounts.
    7. The ability to hotkey houses.
    8. Alts as companions.
    Edited by Destai on January 8, 2024 2:59PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main things I see here that I would also like is more traps and different furnishing types for housing! I wish that the Watchful Eye antiquity furnishing had the option to set it to be a searchlight trap like those in Apocrypha!

Of some items types, like beds for instance, we now have a great variety and really don’t need more unless it’s really different, but we could definitely use more types of furnishings and options for furnishings, including the ability to cue emotes for houseguests (and also the skeletal target dummies)!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 5, 2024 7:04AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP content (new bg map, bg lobby, dm queue, reworked ic to be 6 man group only with everyone outside group an enemy, cyro population caps restored to 2019/earlier glory)

Zos hiring a pvp dev

Class balance improved upon
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My list is pretty short:

1. Let us hide other players' pets (both combat and non-combat pets) outside of combat
    2. Create a toggle that allows us to display other players' mounts as a brown horse sorrel horse
    3. Let us hide us the golden shield and other vfx

And my biggest wish that unfortunately won't come true... stop releasing mounts/pets/skins with overly flashy effects.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • peacenote
      peacenote
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      There was a similar thread not too far back, and my top items are still the same:

#1 is the restoration of character tracking, and the complete separation of character tracking from achievements, such that AwA is not undone, but re-playability and progress tracking is restored to what it was before (or better).

#2 is increased and better/new rewards for repeating content... or even completing content for the first time!

#3 is PvP improvements and new features. Everything from Cyrodiil performance to improved BG matching.

QoL items, like:
      • Ability to dye hair in the outfit station
      • More storage, specifically bank storage or, if that's not possible, character storage
      • More specialty storage bags so the storage we have goes further... survey bags, treasure map bags, etc. Anything that won't break the game as a furniture bag supposedly would.
      • The ability to fish, harvest nodes, and have gardens in our houses. I especially want to be able to sit and fish outside of my homes with water, and have it actually help me work towards Master Angler.
      • Updates to the Companion System to make the gear upgrade-able, have the older companions be as good as the new companions, new comments added to all of them so they get less repetitive, better AI, etc.
      • Ability to save progress in the Infinite Archive, both solo and duo.
      • Ability to hold more quests at a time, or at least have writs, prologues, and companion quests not count towards your quest amount.

There is a new feature I'd like to see, which I think could help lessen the time it takes players to improve when they are trying to improve, which is a training ring. It would allow people to practice a certain boss in dungeons, trials, or the archive by jumping straight to it. It would provide absolutely no reward or meet any existing achievements (there could be new achievements for using the feature, I suppose). But with the randomness of the archive, and the wonderful difficulty of the new dungeon hard modes (not being sarcastic), it can take hours before you can get to content that you need to "practice." Why not make the time commitment a bit smaller to practice or see a fight?

I want a mini Halloween indrik pet to match the mount we received this year! :)

I think older DLC dungeons should be released to the general random dungeon queues, even for players who don't own the DLCs. Players who don't own the DLC still wouldn't be able to queue specifically for those dungeons or jump to them.

I would like some skins that don't blank out our eyes. Preferably ones with an artful, flowing design throughout the body, which makes the characters more attractive. I also like it when there is an aspect which impacts the Khajiit tail. My favorite skin, as an example, is Meridian Purified, except I wish we could have a similar one with regular eyes (maybe glowing pink or blue instead of yellow in the glowing parts).

More lipstick colors and hair styles.

Add a random non combat pets feature like the random mount feature.

Add a skill line which has a passive for glowy heavy sacks like we have glowy chests from Antiquities.

I'll edit if I think of more.
      My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
      • Advocate for this HERE.
      • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    • Billium813
      Billium813
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My Top 5

1. Allow Roles, Personalities, Mounts, and Titles to be saved as part of Armory saved builds. It's quite annoying swapping from one build to another, then queuing for a dungeon, only to remember you forgot to change your group Role. Builds are centered on a specific Role anyway; it should be saved as part of the build. Personalities, Mounts, and Titles would be awesome, additional build aspects that go along with saved Outfits! Kind of surprising we don't have this already.
      wrlrr0tyesao.png

2. Allow Potions and Furnishings to be deconstructed for base components. After decorating, its quite common to have a surplus of furnishings that you crafted, didn't end up using, and now you want to get rid of. The cost of furnishing mats is already soo expensive! Just let players try to recoup some of that cost by deconstructing for Traits, Furnishing Mats, and Tempers. For Potions too, ingredient prices are really high. Allow players to decon Potions they get in the game for a chance to get base mats.
      dkqjpuvz6vp1.png

3. Add furnishing mat drop chances to Survey nodes. Players would actually care about Enchanting and Woodworking Surveys if they could get Mundane Rune and Heartwood! It would help with the overpriced state of furnishing mats as well. Why NOT give furnishing mats at Survey nodes?!
      c8pkjpuo050x.png

4. Make Treasure Maps stack; remove Unique status. Now, I'm sure the initial decision to only allow players to hold 1 Treasure Map for the same location was done for balancing reasons. It also doesn't make a ton of logical sense to be holding a Treasure Map for a location you just dug up. You could make the argument that it's a flavor win for Treasure Maps to be unique and limited to 1 at a time! However, with the mailing system, we can already get around this limitation. I can mail myself Treasure Maps or I can purchase 50 Treasure Maps for the same location and wait to take them out of the mail one at a time. At this point, the "only 1 map at a time" limitation is more of an inconvenience than a game feature.
      And if you are worried about players with stacks of 100 of a specific Treasure Map, then just farming the same location over and over, how about moving the buried treasure spawn to trigger on Wayshrine spawning? That should remove the ability of players abusing stacks of Treasure Maps.
      w3co21ntvqob.png

5. Allow players to improve items, at a Crafting Station, to any higher quality without having to go through each subsequent quality first. This is already how Transmutation Station Reconstruction works. It's super annoying upgrading an item from White -> Gold and having to update to each individual quality in-between. The only thing that would prevent ZOS from doing this is the "% Chance" when upgrading items. However, they should just remove that feature all together. No one uses that % Chance to destroy their item anyway! It's a 2014 feature that does not represent how players play the game in 2023.
      b77vhgvpyia5.png

There's even more here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/617900/quality-of-life-suggestions
    • Kitziboo
      Kitziboo
      ✭✭✭
      I would like have a pet Scuttlebloom, to be available after you have caught your first one.
    • Malmer
      Malmer
      ✭✭
      my list:
      1.3th difficulty level
      2.a really difficult open world ( with way better rewards)
      3.more qual of life imorvements for console(like timer in trials and more)
      4.crossplay between console's( because of comeption on 1 server and just have more player avaiable)
      5.new skill trees and new weapontypes(like 2h with crit in example)
      defo more but idont know them yet
    • shadyjane62
      shadyjane62
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Mine is simple. I wish to be out of combat.
    • Azphira
      Azphira
      ✭✭✭
      Mine is simple. I wish to be out of combat.

But you have 3 crux for every fight as an arcanist!
    • disky
      disky
      ✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      My list is pretty short:

1. Let us hide other players' pets (both combat and non-combat pets) outside of combat
      2. Create a toggle that allows us to display other players' mounts as a brown horse sorrel horse
      3. Let us hide us the golden shield and other vfx

And my biggest wish that unfortunately won't come true... stop releasing mounts/pets/skins with overly flashy effects.

While I tend to dislike all of the added effects for mounts and other prestige items too, this just isn't going to happen because they are exactly that, prestige items. ZOS lets you pay them money so you can show off, that's the whole appeal for a lot of people. And non-combat pets will never be hidden for the same reason, which is why I specified combat pets, because anyone can get them and they don't exist for the purposes of showing off. I agree though, it would be nice.
    • disky
      disky
      ✭✭✭
      The main things I see here that I would also like is more traps and different furnishing types for housing! I wish that the Watchful Eye antiquity furnishing had the option to set it to be a searchlight trap like those in Apocrypha!

Of some items types, like beds for instance, we bow have a great variety and really don’t need more unless it’s really different, but we could definitely use more types of furnishings and options for furnishings, including the ability to cue emotes for houseguests (and also the skeletal target dummies)!

I think there's a lot ZOS could do with housing that's been left of the table. Physical merchants, even just standard ones like barkeeps and bankers, monster spawners (maybe even add a monster collection minigame that you can use to collect monsters for your house), and in addition to seeing an increase in the maximum number of special/NPC entities, I'd also really love to see ZOS make NPC group packages available for basic NPCs without unique voice lines, like farmers, tavern patrons, soldiers, etc., to add flavor to what might otherwise be an empty plot most of the time.
      Edited by disky on January 5, 2024 12:19AM
    • Billium813
      Billium813
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Of some items types, like beds for instance, we bow have a great variety and really don’t need more unless it’s really different, but we could definitely use more types of furnishings and options for furnishings, including the ability to cue emotes for houseguests (and also the skeletal target dummies)!

I think there's a lot ZOS could do with housing that's been left of the table.

Yeah, housing is certainly a fixer-upper at this point. They could certainly do with some spring cleaning, am I right?
      h0kuc68oq5iq.png
    • disky
      disky
      ✭✭✭
      Just remembered something: New weapon styles, using current weapons so that no other art needs to be created. This includes things like:

- One-Hand & Magic, using one-handed weapons and either an open-hand or a focus, like an orb/book
      - Martial Arts, featuring various hand-to-hand attacks and throwing weapons
      - Martial Staff/Spear, using staves but employing martial techniques (many staves already look like spears or pole weapons)

These additional styles have been a long time coming and would add variety to every class.
    • disky
      disky
      ✭✭✭
      For character customization

- A fourth dye slot. This has been bugging me for AGES. So many articles of clothing have parts that aren't dyeable, like fur, or those little vials on the Hazardous Alchemy sets. A fourth dye slot would be a huge boon for customization.
      - When purchasing a costume with a hat, I'd love to have the hat as a separate piece so it can be used in combination with other costumes/armor.
      Edited by disky on January 6, 2024 11:56AM
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My WISH list is simple... two more companions!! But this time please make it a male/female combination- no more of the two female or two male variations.
      CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't really do "wishes" for the future game additions. What I hope is it won't be any more dunmer areas for a while. *sigh* I'm sure we're not getting Hammerfell, and I won't be very happy with any more of Skyrim either. So I'll just wait unitl the reveal and go from there.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1: Nerf of Undeath passive, 30% dmg reduction is insane.
      2: Nerf of blocking and healing simultaneously, its too strong and needs to be more costly, its way too easy.
      3: Arcanist survivability is way too strong compared to other classes, their shields are way too strong.

PC EU
      PvP only
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's a lot ZOS could do with housing that's been left of the table. Physical merchants, even just standard ones like barkeeps and bankers, monster spawners (maybe even add a monster collection minigame that you can use to collect monsters for your house), and in addition to seeing an increase in the maximum number of special/NPC entities, I'd also really love to see ZOS make NPC group packages available for basic NPCs without unique voice lines, like farmers, tavern patrons, soldiers, etc., to add flavor to what might otherwise be an empty plot most of the time.

YES! I would love that so much! The release of new houseguests has been relatively slow, and while it’s great to get a favorite NPC as a guest, I really want more relatively generic ones — merchants and barkeeps, and like you suggested, additional with maybe just a single like when you interact with them if at all (I’d be over the moon for a Dunmer that just growled “Outlander”). AND EMOTES! I NEED my humanoid houseguests to be able to sit in chairs, look at a book, dance!!!
    • reazea
      reazea
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      More server and dev resources dedicated to Cyrodiil so they can raise the pop caps back up to something reasonable.
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I had a few more wishes, for the next expansion specifically.

Better daily crafting areas.
      • IMO it's been years since we've gotten an attractive crafting area (Blackwood). I'd love to see one on par with Vivec, Alinor, and Blackwood.
      • And if there’s a daily crafting area, I don’t want the turn-in crates to be on some cart that’s out of reach. I’ve noticed that Blackwood and High Isle both have this problem. When turning in the daily crafting writs, you character approaches this cart, walks for a few seconds, and then turns them in.

Better (Less Intrusive) Questgivers.
      Whoever the questgiver is, I don’t want them showing up in a million spots. The expansion quest giver should be in one or two spots at most, and not spots that are a 5 second ride apart from each other.
      Edited by Destai on January 8, 2024 2:58PM
    • Pelanora
      Pelanora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wrap up the ten year war story and start another over-arching story for pve, which entails also a new story for pvp

Don't have end of quest npc still standing there for ever after you've done the quest, including end of story zone wrap ups with every npc there... and Kings in odd zones given later stories, and other key npc in multiple places...

Update the visuals on the base game/ early chapters so eso is a viable product for another ten years and can compete and do well against the new games...

Design a pet like we design a toon, both non and combat
      Edited by Pelanora on January 7, 2024 8:46PM
    • disky
      disky
      ✭✭✭
      Pelanora wrote: »
      Wrap up the ten year war story and start another over-arching story for pve, which entails also a new story for pvp

Don't have end of quest npc still standing there for ever after you've done the quest, including end of story zone wrap ups with every npc there... and Kings in odd zones given later stories, and other key npc in multiple places...

Update the visuals on the base game/ early chapters so eso is a viable product for another ten years and can compete and do well against the new games...

Design a pet like we design a toon, both non and combat

You know, It really felt like they were going to do something with the Three Banners War at the end of High Isle, but nothing seemed to materialize, sadly. Hopefully we get an overhaul one day.
    • Minstrel9806
      My wishlist:
      • Rebalanced Racial passives - Either rebalancing passives so races are not so far out one another, or completely change them by making them content related (like experience/inspiration gain, stealth detection, gold rate etc.) instead of damage boosts and stuff.
        Ok no, maybe giving races purely niche passives isn't a great idea, but some of them sure need some rebalance. For example there's no reason why Orcs should be faster than a Bosmer or Khajiit (i know they were in Skyrim cause of their height but lorewise shouldn't be). There's no reason why a Redguard or Nord should be a worse stamDPS choice than an Altmer. Edit. Just noticed Bosmer are indeed overall faster than Orc except while sprinting.
      • Class animations improvement. Like simple animations improvement, not radical changes. Ex. improving templar jabs so they feel more impactful (and making it so your character doesn't hit the air with the spear while walking diagonally) and the spear model to match the other templar abilities, Nightblade's impale to have an actual throw animation rather than the stamina morph animation with a bullet going to the enemy. These may be considered nitpicks but i firmly believe that good animations greatly contribute to the overall feeling of combat
        Edit. with the introduction of Scribing this change could be less needed
      • Black hair for Altmer, or in general a little less bound character customization. Lorefriendliness is not an excuse cause there're many NPCs with aesthetic features unavailable to players, and we have shining rainbow spider mounts which aren't that lore accurate
      • Separate PvP and PvE balancing. Now this could be very hard to pull off i guess, but the general consensus seems to be that making separate effects for abilities in PvE and PvP could solve future balancing headaches

Here's a couple more points, less prioritary ones imo:
      • "Delete all mail" button
      • Hide combat pets in towns if not in combat. To be honest i do not mind combat pets but having an option for the player to hide them in towns while out of combat would be great in my opinion
      • Hide waist outfit style
      Edited by Minstrel9806 on January 28, 2024 4:19PM
    • Warhawke_80
      Warhawke_80
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well since we are wishing....."A complete and profound overhaul of the combat system"

I would also like it if the team started using AI to make the game more dynamic.

No?

Okay ...

It would be nice if my wolf didn't look like a Mannequin with neural disorders

The ability to hide the Disco effect on Apex mounts?

Maybe fixing the engine so you can wear a cape without crashing the server ( Spare me the no capes meme if you don't like it don't wear one) I mean what is with that?

I would like to be able to go into delevs as a instance and to have more Delves+ like the ones in Craglorn
      ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Pelanora wrote: »

Yes! No more NPCs like Curtaros or the "get away from me, stupid thing" NPC.
    • Fata1moose
      Fata1moose
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My list:
      • Vet Overland
      • Spears weapon skill line
      • Crossbow weapon skill line
      • 1H+ Destruction skill line
      • Combat improvements to impact, sound design, animations, etc.
      • Romanceable companions
      • Naryu as a companion
      • Remastered vanilla zones + continuity improvements to Rift, Eastmarch, Cyrodiil and probably Hammerfell when TES VI is out.
      Edited by Fata1moose on January 15, 2024 5:19PM
    • disky
      disky
      ✭✭✭
      Fata1moose wrote: »
      My list:
      • Vet Overland
      • Spears weapon skill line
      • Crossbow weapon skill line
      • 1H+ Destruction skill line
      • Combat improvements to impact, sound design, animations, etc.
      • Romanceable companions
      • Naryu as a companion
      • Remastered vanilla zones + continuity improvements to Rift, Eastmarch, Cyrodiil and probably Hammerfell when TES VI is out.

All of this, but while I don't think they'll ever recreate the old zones, Alik'r hurts me, man. Desert fantasy is my favorite subgenre and I always play Redguard in the main TES games, so the fact that the Alik'r story and voice acting are SO BAD makes me just want to avoid going there. Like, it's wild how bad it is, especially compared to Bangkorai which is so close and so much better. It could really use an update.
      Edited by disky on January 15, 2024 6:23PM
    • Minstrel9806
      Fata1moose wrote: »
      and probably Hammerfell when TES VI is out.

cGaEbpC.jpg