Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance extention

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vwwmxllj5t2e.png
    Ray
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I feel like the only people who legitimately have something to complain about are the couple of you who have missed out on getting the Mizzik Thunderboots houseguest because they weren't able to log in today. I do hope that Customer Services can do something for you.

Yeah, those are the ones I feel really bad for.

My indrik collection is already waiting until next summer before I can complete it anyway.
    Options
  • Vonnegut2506
    Vonnegut2506
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA server is up now.
    Options
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    EdjeSwift wrote: »
    Aliniel wrote: »
    Maybe now that they are on the same team with Blizzard, ZOS could learn a thing or two from them. I don't remember WoW ever having maintenances this long or during time when people actually play.

You must not have played WoW in the 2000's. Maintenances were regularly 8-12 hours long and even once maintenance was done queues were in the thousands. It was so bad raid guilds would never do learning content on Tuesdays(maintenance/patch days) because the schedule/queueing was so bad. I remember in early WoW I logged onto the game and the queue was so bad I left my computer on, went to the cinema, came home and was STILL in queue to get into the game for raid night.

Yeah. That was my experience as well, playing from early 2006 until 2013.

I remember when just getting the game was a choir cause of bad choices that where made. With this company i expect the complete opposite of any form of good communication or timely professionalism on stuff. especially when events are going on and the Sign in Calendar stuff
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I feel like the only people who legitimately have something to complain about are the couple of you who have missed out on getting the Mizzik Thunderboots houseguest because they weren't able to log in today. I do hope that Customer Services can do something for you.

Theres no reason that a long, or extended, server-down day couldn't automatically comp every player with an automatic horse feeding and the daily login reward tacked onto your characters.
    Edited by twev on November 28, 2023 10:27PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    twev wrote: »
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    jeeze, you guys are savage! every 2 weeks there is maintenance, every 2 weeks the same people are in the forums complaining they cant go a few hours without the game.

part of me thinks that people are too far into addiction with this game. its not the end of the world if it goes down for a day. go do something. ESO isn't your job. your life isn't going to end because the devs are taking time to (maybe) fix a few bugs. Its not incompetence. they are in maintenance :D

From Gina:
    "This maintenance is related to upgrading some of our network devices. These are upgrades to the previously completed hardware migration work from earlier this year."

They're not fixing bugs, its hardware upgrades they didn't do during the hardware update.

then even more reason to not be cry babies :#
    Since they put it off until today - they could have put it off one more day, until after the event.

Yes, the decision to do this work on the last day of the event does seem pretty odd. Also, trader reset day... I thought I'd read somewhere that they were planning on doing maintenance on Wednesdays anyway, to avoid the headache that maintenance on Tuesdays causes for guild masters?
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works. I'm in.
    Options
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    servers seem to be up!
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    daim wrote: »
    Cool. It was my last day of ESO+ today.
    And I mean literally as I just ran out.

So you're ending your eso subscription because ZOS decided to choose this day to fix the game... at an attempt to improve the quality?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest

there is a thing called patience... learn to use it.

Nope. I just ran out of ESO+ as I already cancelled it month ago when I bought a sub - for a month.

You have no idea how infuriatingly patient I can be :D
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Quick update: All Live NA and EU Megaservers are up. You should be able to log in and play now!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in and picked up the daily rewards. I'll play again tomorrow afternoon after lunch in town with family.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KV_Tootn wrote: »
    daim wrote: »
    Cool. It was my last day of ESO+ today.
    And I mean literally as I just ran out.

So you're ending your eso subscription because ZOS decided to choose this day to fix the game... at an attempt to improve the quality?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest

there is a thing called patience... learn to use it.

Did you read what he wrote.. His sub ended today .. he didnt end it , he bought it for a time and today it runned out of the remaining time. he didnt renev it (maybe finacial thing , or whatever).. Thats it.. No way to be rude

But why bring it up? What does his subscription have to do with the maintenance being extended? What's the purpose of it?
    Options
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    But why bring it up? What does his subscription have to do with the maintenance being extended? What's the purpose of it?

That they couldn't make use of the last day of a service that they had already paid for ? That they couldn't top up their craft bags before they lost the ability to ? That they couldn't load up their bank space / transmute crystals to the ESO+ limit before they dropped to the non ESO+ limit ? That they couldn't farm that one dungeon that they'll lose access to one last time ? That the prime time extended delays are a reminder of why they're not renewing their ESO+ ?
    Options
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: Creates a game with an economy and events based strongly on daily routines and FOMO.
    Players: Organize their gaming lives around those daily routines.
    ZOS: Does 14 hours of routine-breaking maintenance on the last day of an event when FOMO is maximized.
    Players: Upset.
    ZOS: (surprised Pikachu face)
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jimbru wrote: »
    ZOS: Creates a game with an economy and events based strongly on daily routines and FOMO.
    Players: Organize their gaming lives around those daily routines.
    ZOS: Does 14 hours of routine-breaking maintenance on the last day of an event when FOMO is maximized.
    Players: Upset.
    ZOS: (surprised Pikachu face)

Event was extended a day to cater for the long maintenance
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do
    fizl101 wrote: »

Event was extended a day to cater for the long maintenance

Doesn't matter. The maintenance shouldn't have happened when it did in the first place. This is the third decade of the 21st bloody century. Other companies and other games do maintenance and other back end stuff online all the time now.
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

After review, we have had to edit or remove several posts for various rule violations. One specific violation of our rules that we would like to single out is the Bashing. We understand your frustrations with the extended maintenance however, any future discussions on the subject must remain civil, constructive, and within the rules. Since maintenance has completed, we are going to go ahead and close this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.