Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance extention

Alienoutlaw
Alienoutlaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
simply :s
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 29, 2023 2:16PM
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    :(
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that sees an incompatibility here?

- A number of 'do it today or miss out' in-game systems.
    - All day game maintenance.
    Options
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why they do not extent it aerlier rather than the last minute :(
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and why 4hrs?
    Options
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    well that is just peachy since I have work in 2 hours.....
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got extended edition, wooohoo!

Next one is Collector's Deluxe :D
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the game will be available at 1am :(
    Options
  • AriokoSan
    AriokoSan
    ✭✭✭
    11pm 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Options
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably hoping they could get it running but ran into a snag (it happens) [::Edited to alter reality:: ::queue collapse of society::]
    Edited by TimeViewer on November 28, 2023 7:25PM
    Options
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took a 4 year break from the game and came back last month. I can't believe stuff like this is still happening?
    Options
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I expected this. I'm just wondering what on earth they're doing.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »

Probably hoping they could get it running but ran into a snag (it happens) Since we haven't gotten the patch download yet I'd say it's probably something to do with that.

There is no patch. This is only backend maintenance.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big oof
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Probably hoping they could get it running but ran into a snag (it happens) Since we haven't gotten the patch download yet I'd say it's probably something to do with that.

There is no 'patch download', this is not patch maintenance.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest
    Options
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want 300 primogens, ops wrong game
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe now that they are on the same team with Blizzard, ZOS could learn a thing or two from them. I don't remember WoW ever having maintenances this long or during time when people actually play.
    Options
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Withdrawal starts.... :'(
    Heavy is the crown.
    Options
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

There is no 'patch download', this is not patch maintenance.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest

Yeah checked after I read this, seems I read the notes from a previous patch, my bad, still, as said, it happens. Actually anytime it doesn't extend during a long maintenance THEN I'm surprised.
    Options
  • funkelpunkte
    that is very very disappointing :(
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye bye Mizzi Thunderboots - shouldn't have been ill at the beginning of the month I guess. Don't really care about the exent, but it's not much of an extension for those of us in the EU is it?
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • triklops79
    triklops79
    ✭✭
    How is it even possible to not know that you will be updating network equipment? I am asking out of genuine curiousity.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliniel wrote: »
    Maybe now that they are on the same team with Blizzard, ZOS could learn a thing or two from them. I don't remember WoW ever having maintenances this long or during time when people actually play.

You must not have played WoW in the 2000's. Maintenances were regularly 8-12 hours long and even once maintenance was done queues were in the thousands. It was so bad raid guilds would never do learning content on Tuesdays(maintenance/patch days) because the schedule/queueing was so bad. I remember in early WoW I logged onto the game and the queue was so bad I left my computer on, went to the cinema, came home and was STILL in queue to get into the game for raid night.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triple A company. But not so triple A service quality based on my experience in MMOs over 20 years.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    surely they would have done "test" runs for migration 14hrs is.........................unexceptable in any situation
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

You must not have played WoW in the 2000's. Maintenances were regularly 8-12 hours long and even once maintenance was done queues were in the thousands. It was so bad raid guilds would never do learning content on Tuesdays(maintenance/patch days) because the schedule/queueing was so bad. I remember in early WoW I logged onto the game and the queue was so bad I left my computer on, went to the cinema, came home and was STILL in queue to get into the game for raid night.

Yeah. That was my experience as well, playing from early 2006 until 2013.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    11pm? What a joke.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
    Options
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

Comparing 2000s to 2020s is unfair. At the very least there's a lot of lessons to be learned from WoW's failures. In the last several years I've been playing WoW there haven't been issues which are regular here at ESO.

ZOS is continuously ignoring European player base and giving us maintenances during daytimes. WoW is usually done by early morning. The approach itself is night and day.
    Options
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    so from 10 am to 12pm. Guess i try again tomorrow..
    Edited by derkaiserliche on November 28, 2023 7:32PM
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything to do with networks is usually a royal pain in the derriere so I can forgive it. Will just go watch an old series I love on tv while waiting.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.