And you get maintenance!!
    Everyone get maintenance!!!
    Maintenance for all and everyone!!!
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was expecting this, based on previous PC EU maintenance experiences. So got my tickets, endeavours, and daily EA run done before maintenance today.

I love my mind. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Sorry for all those missing out on something though! Maybe the game does need to stop with all the daily things, and make it all into weekly things.
    Options
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    8tczojff0edw.png
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina wrote at 4:51pm EST:
    Sorry everyone, I thought soon would be sooner than this. We have been working on getting some internal realms & PTS open, and the PC and console Live megaservers are up next!

I may have to adjust the correlation coefficients in the Gina-math conversion tables.
    Ray
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Was expecting this, based on previous PC EU maintenance experiences. So got my tickets, endeavours, and daily EA run done before maintenance today.

Sorry for all those missing out on something though! Maybe the game does need to stop with all the daily things, and make it all into weekly things.

I did think on that, alas I start work at 6AM...

My fault, I know, I should arrange my shifts around theirs or else.

Brought this on myself really.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on November 28, 2023 9:55PM
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Gina wrote at 4:51pm EST:
    Sorry everyone, I thought soon would be sooner than this. We have been working on getting some internal realms & PTS open, and the PC and console Live megaservers are up next!

I may have to adjust the correlation coefficients in the Gina-math conversion tables.

Exponential, or logarithmic?
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The nicest thing I can say is that their estimates for maintenance time are extremely inaccurate.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I do not think it is acceptable to pay for a month of playtime, when you loose one entire day.

I don't either, which is one reason why I don't sub regularly anymore. The downtime today was a bit annoying because I'll barely have any time to play tomorrow or the next day, but it ultimately did not cost me anything, as I'm not currently an ESO+ subscriber.

Edit: whoops, sorry, totally messed up that quote. :D
    Edited by Aurielle on November 28, 2023 9:58PM
    Options
  • KV_Tootn
    KV_Tootn
    ✭✭✭
    Because i work and cant play each day. Today was the day i would get my daily reward houseguest.
    BUT f****** i just lost the daily reward :(..... FFS ty wery much :(
    Ork * Templar * CP1554 * DPS*Tank*
    High elf*Sorcerer*DPS
    High elf*arcanist*ddps
    Options
  • KV_Tootn
    KV_Tootn
    ✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    daim wrote: »
    Cool. It was my last day of ESO+ today.
    And I mean literally as I just ran out.

So you're ending your eso subscription because ZOS decided to choose this day to fix the game... at an attempt to improve the quality?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest

there is a thing called patience... learn to use it.

Did you read what he wrote.. His sub ended today .. he didnt end it , he bought it for a time and today it runned out of the remaining time. he didnt renev it (maybe finacial thing , or whatever).. Thats it.. No way to be rude
    Ork * Templar * CP1554 * DPS*Tank*
    High elf*Sorcerer*DPS
    High elf*arcanist*ddps
    Options
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS logic is truly something special. You have customers waiting to log in, you tell them that they should be able to get in "soon" and then you focus on bringing up non production environments.

Truly special.
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeeze, you guys are savage! every 2 weeks there is maintenance, every 2 weeks the same people are in the forums complaining they cant go a few hours without the game.

part of me thinks that people are too far into addiction with this game. its not the end of the world if it goes down for a day. go do something. ESO isn't your job. your life isn't going to end because the devs are taking time to (maybe) fix a few bugs. Its not incompetence. they are in maintenance :D
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

I should have at least got my tickets and any quick daily endeavours (if there are any - no idea what they are today) at 6am this morning but instead I did my daily exercise and then work. I think tomorrow I might just hop on for my tickets because the extended event will be over by the time I am finished work.
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    jeeze, you guys are savage! every 2 weeks there is maintenance, every 2 weeks the same people are in the forums complaining they cant go a few hours without the game.

part of me thinks that people are too far into addiction with this game. its not the end of the world if it goes down for a day. go do something. ESO isn't your job. your life isn't going to end because the devs are taking time to (maybe) fix a few bugs. Its not incompetence. they are in maintenance :D

I am not addicted, I can quit playing at anytime and won't miss it at all. << checks watch checks phone checks watch checks discord check watch checks forums checks watch >>

Ray
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From Gina:
    "This maintenance is related to upgrading some of our network devices. These are upgrades to the previously completed hardware migration work from earlier this year."

They're not fixing bugs, its hardware upgrades they didn't do during the hardware update.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People who regularly post in game forums tend to be passionate about the game (i.e. people who play daily). MMOs are designed with daily play in mind. Heck, this game (like many MMOs) even incentivizes daily logins by providing rewards. Calling it an "addiction" when people get frustrated about losing time on a service they've paid for, just because it's a video game, would be like calling it an "addiction" if customers got frustrated with their internet providers if their service went down longer than expected.

I'm personally not mad about the extended downtime, even though I had planned to use part of my day off from work to play the game today -- I just did other stuff and reflected on how wise of a choice it was to not subscribe to ESO+ this time around. I completely understand why people who still sub to the game are frustrated, especially those who live in the EU.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qlnz226mkhpf.gif

(Just poking some fun--thanks for the frequent updates Gina, it will be done when it's done :smile: )
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS logic is truly something special. You have customers waiting to log in, you tell them that they should be able to get in "soon" and then you focus on bringing up non production environments.

Truly special.

I guess there must be a logical technical reason to focus on the PTS before the Live servers. Anyone got any sensible suggestions as to what that might be (that's assuming it's not a part of the ZOS Improved Communication Program for them to tell us what it is)?
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soon?
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon?

Sooon.
    Ray
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, soon for me is when I need to go sleep ... and that is in about 10 to 15 minutes.

I feel like the ESO version of soon is similar to taxi drivers' soon. Could be anytime between right now and the back end of never.
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    Well, soon for me is when I need to go sleep ... and that is in about 10 to 15 minutes.

I feel like the ESO version of soon is similar to taxi drivers' soon. Could be anytime between right now and the back end of never.

<stealing that quote for personal use>
    Ray
    Options
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    4gns8l47n5fe.jpeg
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the only people who legitimately have something to complain about are the couple of you who have missed out on getting the Mizzik Thunderboots houseguest because they weren't able to log in today. I do hope that Customer Services can do something for you.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<stealing that quote for personal use>
    Ray
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Truly special.

I guess there must be a logical technical reason to focus on the PTS before the Live servers. Anyone got any sensible suggestions as to what that might be (that's assuming it's not a part of the ZOS Improved Communication Program for them to tell us what it is)?

I mean, logically, if something severely goes wrong, it is only breaking their test environment by starting with the PTS server, and not actual live game servers first.
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »
    8tczojff0edw.png

1ba37qscruer.jpg

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think they might have been using the Blizzard Soon or maybe even Soonerino

Edited by ApoAlaia on November 28, 2023 10:21PM
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

From Gina:
    "This maintenance is related to upgrading some of our network devices. These are upgrades to the previously completed hardware migration work from earlier this year."

They're not fixing bugs, its hardware upgrades they didn't do during the hardware update.

then even more reason to not be cry babies :#
    Since they put it off until today - they could have put it off one more day, until after the event.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, back when I played WoW, Blizz's version of Soon was even worse.

And I'm in on PC EU.
    Edited by TaSheen on November 28, 2023 10:23PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
This discussion has been closed.