Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance extention

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1nyshahlwf9p.gif
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • totzummrdave_ESO
    totzummrdave_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Am I the only one that sees an incompatibility here?

- A number of 'do it today or miss out' in-game systems.
    - All day game maintenance.

Yeah, sadly they do this almost every event, knocking off the last day.
    Options
  • Astiron
    Astiron
    ✭✭✭
    They should really just schedule for an entire 24 hours every time and make sure everyone gets their daily reward automatically. Maybe even give double XP the next day. This is becoming a regular thing.
    Options
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Gabbagul wrote: »
    [Snip]

[Snip]

I have to agree. I do not think it is acceptable to pay for a month of playtime, when you loose one entire day.

[Edited quotes]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 29, 2023 2:17PM
    Options
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now the maintenance downtime will be 17 hours? Wow. Also it seems they had no consideration that by moving trader flip day to Tuesdays, their often unexpected maintenance extensions adversely affect guilds that aren't prepared.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
    Options
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Traditionally, you're supposed to use this time to give everyone Insightful and think up clickbait titles to post
    Options
  • Basbor
    Basbor
    ✭✭✭
    No real transparency here.
    Nowadays I'd think it would be normal to communicate what's going on there at ZOS/MS.
    Not enough hamsters or maybe they employed some wolverines now, because they come cheaper...??

Me, myself and I with some others reported a mayor bug lately and there is also zero response to it.
    Okay, okay, if they don't want my money in the (near) future...
    I'm a regular ESO player since the beta version... but now after nearly 10 years I'm really a bit fed up.

What a bummer...
    Edited by Basbor on November 28, 2023 8:50PM
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    87jxat.jpg
    Edited by maboleth on November 28, 2023 9:19PM
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time the same story...
    Options
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    n8y315g8vaiw.png
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj780cp5eqo6.png
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they extended the event for another day took the sting out of the extended maintenance, although I did want to try a new build.........
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    went to bed woke up ate lunch and all that and its still down and I have work later just wanted to get on do my dailies at least oh well i guess.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj780cp5eqo6.png
    (All three memes)
    vsotj9efsul9.gif
    Edited by Idinuse on November 28, 2023 9:15PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a 4 year break from the game and came back last month. I can't believe stuff like this is still happening?

Do you want to come back to a broken game or do you want the developers to take their time to fix the game?

I rather have the developers take their time rather than rush.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lockhart-harry-potter.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Lost due to extended maintenance:
    - 30-75 endeavours (3x daily of 10-25 per endeavour). Let’s average to 52 lost.
    - 2x event tickets*
    - 2x curated vRG item drops from planned vRG run tonight
    - Daily login gift
    - a “day” (or evening in EU zone) of activity, including farming gold, writs, etc (worth 60-200k)
    - 3x pledge keys and transmute fragments

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of an update on how these might be addressed?

* whilst I appreciate there was a posting about the event being extended by a day, yet that extension has now been effectively made null and void by the maintenance, multiple players had already planned activities (and when to ge5 tickets) based on server availability this event. This obviously hasn’t happened.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone, just to give you a quick update, it's looking like we will be opening game servers soon! Thanks again for your patience today.
    Gina Bruno

From the post on the maintenance announcements forum.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    Cool. It was my last day of ESO+ today.
    And I mean literally as I just ran out.

So you're ending your eso subscription because ZOS decided to choose this day to fix the game... at an attempt to improve the quality?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest

there is a thing called patience... learn to use it.
    Options
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    PUMPKINS!
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just to give you a quick update, it's looking like we will be opening game servers soon! Thanks again for your patience today.
    Gina Bruno

Soon™
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    Okay, this is long.

I will however, say that ZOS has at least prolonged the Gates of Oblivion - which might not have happened like... EVER.

Before it was "have some maintenance. Oh, it's prolonged. Ah well."

This time they have actually shown good will.

Don't kill me - as much as I am willing to point ZOS' flaws, everyone deserves to be given their due.

That said, let ZOS do their job and we'll occupy ourselves with other things.

I agree, but the lack of advance communication as to the nature of the long maintenance shows that despite repeated undertakings to improve communication they still don't get it.

Also, regardless of the situation with events, and while I don't generally consider myself part of the entitlement brigade, I do think that when you close the servers for 14 hours (assuming that's how it ends up) there ought to be a free day added to subscriptions, simply on principle.
    Options
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happens when a game is run by a skeleton staff. Fixes take twice as long.
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    - 2x event tickets*
    - Daily login gift
    - a “day” (or evening in EU zone) of activity, including farming gold, writs, etc (worth 60-200k)

Ditto
    Also add 20 characters' daily hireling mailings and16 characters daily writs (x7), and a daily run of EA for the collectable thingy
    Edited by Ishtarknows on November 28, 2023 9:34PM
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »
    PUMPKINS!

SMASHING
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    - 2x event tickets*
    - Daily login gift

Ditto
    Also add 20 characters' daily hireling mailings and16 characters daily writs (x7), and a daily run of EA for the collectable thingy

Maybe they shouldn't keep piling up all these FOMO measures in the game if they were going to swap Fear of Missing Out with FOrcible Missing Out.
    Options
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see why maintenance took so long…

It was to add the All-Maker Crates into the game, coming out in two days.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on November 28, 2023 9:44PM
    Options
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda missing GW2 now as when I played it I saw maybe one half-hour maintenance in 3 years, if it wasn't for the jumping puzzles I might still be there.

edit: still bloody old
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on November 28, 2023 9:46PM
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    its become an extreme inability to test their own changes in any meaningful way. 12+ hours, i mean idk what to say. I mean these are FIXES.
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Gina Bruno

It's "Gina soon", meaning "soon" is a relative explanation of time which seems inversely proportional to the amount of time expected and proportional to the amount of time already waited. Therefore, "soon" in this instance is a longer period due to the long wait already elapsed and the short timeframe of "soon" expected from the post of "soon" at 4:05pm EST.

It's Gina-math. Not hard to follow.
    Ray
    Options
This discussion has been closed.