The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maintenance on 28th

Cruxanero
Cruxanero
✭✭✭✭
Edit: Thank you ZOS for extending the event one day!
The original point of this thread is solved, no need to keep complaining about it. :)

Normally I don't complain over maintenance on the last day of an event, since there's usually enough time to quickly get the last tickets. But this time, maintenance is scheduled to begin 1hour before the reset on the NA server, and end 2 hours after the event ends. So, unless maintenance is more than 2 hours faster than scheduled, it's literally completely impossible to get the last event tickets on the NA server.

Would it be possible to move maintenance 1 day, preferably to wednesday, or monday?

(All of this under the condition I calculated correctly. If not, please let me know :D )
Edited by Cruxanero on November 28, 2023 1:43PM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if they delayed maintenance till the usual 6:00 a.m. EST it would also be fine, but really it's not going to happen. Lots of maintenance, lots of long maintenance.

It's just the way it is now.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This does not bother me really, it's only 2 tickets, and also for the maintenance I'll either be sleeping or at work so I would have missed them anyway.

I got what I needed from this event. If missing the two tickets is that huge for you then I'd say just buy them in the crown store.
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I got what I needed from this event. If missing the two tickets is that huge for you then I'd say just buy them in the crown store.

Just because you've got what you needed doesn't mean everyone has I think? [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 24, 2023 1:13PM
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    pff... two tickets... and all day in europe... couple "nice" things passed my mind for whoever schedules maintenance.

and dropped eso+ on my last account that still had it, because zeni is zeni and this is the new normal for "turning it off and on"...
    Options
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    All day Maintenance !?!??
    I have never, ever played a game that needs this much maintenance and all of it scheduled during the daytime (I'm EU). Other games manage to schedule maintenance for times when the servers are normally quiet. If they can do it, I think ZoS should do that too. Well, guess I'll have a productive Monday doing RL stuff next week. No harm in that.

I'm not that fussed about the two tickets and I certainly won't be going to buy them from the cash shop; That smacks too much of creating a problem and then selling the solution to me, and I don't think that ought to be encouraged.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno So, for NA players, the text of the event article is a lie.
    In total, you can amass a whopping 26 Event Tickets during this event! Don’t forget that you can carry only 12 Tickets at one time.

The maintenance should be moved to Wednesday. Or the event needs to be extended past 10 AM.

In the past, you've avoided Tuesday maintenance during an event, opting either for Monday or Wednesday. Why the oversight time?
    Options
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    This does not bother me really, it's only 2 tickets, and also for the maintenance I'll either be sleeping or at work so I would have missed them anyway.

I didn't make this thread because I'm personally bothered by this. I'll be on vacation from tomorrow on and miss the last days anyway. But I know some of my (especially newer) guildies are trying to get a specific indrik and have been calculating the tickets they need/will get from the event, and decided against buying style pages for their tickets to save for feathers instead.
    They will be quite sad if they're taken by surprise by this, and "just buy the last tickets in the cash shop" won't really help with their disappointment.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I saw the announcement a couple days ago, I recognized the impact and wondered how long before I'd see a thread questioning the choice. The concern is predictable enough that I would be surprised if the devs didn't consider it. I'd like to think there are sound reasons for their timing but if they don't accompany maintenance at the end of an event with some rationale, they open themselves up to negative speculation. Not communicating about very predictable concerns is the bigger problem I think.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new under the sun. :(
    Options
  • Deanathrae
    Deanathrae
    ✭✭
    Agreed. The event information suggested there would be 26 tickets available. This will apparently not be the case because the last two will be unobtainable.
    Options
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those playing on EU server its possible to login quickly in the morning before leaving the house at least.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game requires an awful amount of maintenance. STO, WoW and GW2 don't have anywhere near the amount of downtime as ESO. I hope things get better.
    Options
  • AuroranGoldenEagle
    AuroranGoldenEagle
    ✭✭✭
    *cries in east coast Aus*
    You have discovered the thirty-seventh Sermon of Vivec, which is a bending of the light, long past the chronicles of the Hortator who wore inconstant faces and ruled however they would, until apocalypse.
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those playing on EU server its possible to login quickly in the morning before leaving the house at least.

Yes, do an extra daily quest on Monday and hand it in on Tuesday while getting ready for work. It's what I've always done. Yeah we'll miss out on a day's worth of farming boxes, but tickets are the unique thing you can't get later
    Options
  • jahaposada
    jahaposada
    ✭✭✭
    It just doesn't make sense.

Is the goal to rile up the player base? Does the person who schedules maintenance have no idea that this is the last day of an event, essentially denying the opportunity to get the final two tickets?

Maintenance should NEVER be scheduled on the final day of an event unless there's a game breaking reason. Such a simple concept, yet it seems to consistently be an issue! Why??? If there's a legitimate reason, tell us!

Two solutions. Stop ending events on the day that you traditionally do maintenance (Tuesdays). Or stop doing maintenance on the day you traditionally end events (Tuesdays).
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they won't answer to our complaints.
    They simply go on with the maintenance.
    People will do the event before the maintenance, or simply they will lose tickets.
    They can even buy them if they need them.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, do an extra daily quest on Monday and hand it in on Tuesday while getting ready for work. It's what I've always done. Yeah we'll miss out on a day's worth of farming boxes, but tickets are the unique thing you can't get later

If maintenance ends on time...

Because they never run late...
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maintenance is scheduled to end 2 hours after the event ends. So even if it ends on time, NA players will not get the final day of tickets.
    Edited by code65536 on November 25, 2023 9:16PM
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Maintenance is scheduled to end 2 hours after the event ends. So even if it ends on time, NA players will not get the final day of tickets.

Ah, right, it does completely cover the NA time. But if the maintenance ends on time then the EU has some time, a big if.

PS5/NA
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Ah, right, it does completely cover the NA time. But if the maintenance ends on time then the EU has some time, a big if.

Huh? The maintenance is at the same time on both EU and NA.

EU's ticket reset, though, happens 7 hours earlier, so EU has a 6-hour window to get the final day's tickets before maintenance starts. But that has absolutely nothing to do with when the maintenance ends, because for all servers, maintenance will end after the event ends.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might get lucky and have maintenance end 3 hours earlier than expected. That seems very unlikely to happen, but we can always hope!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tickets from the last “day” have been unobtainable for me since moving the daily reset to some bizarre hour of the morning. :/ It would be nice if it were 13 full days, whenever the beginning and ending were and whenever reset is so that everyone would have a chance for all of them. That’s before considering maintenance, but at least it would hopefully be less disruptive if the window for the last tickets was more than a few hours.
    Options
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if the different teams at ZOS ever talk to each other
    PC - NA
    Options
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Well @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Kevin this can't be how it's meant to work. Must be some kind of miscommunication isn't it?
    Edited by HansK on November 26, 2023 10:16AM
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't re-scheduled in the past. They won't do it this time. And probably never will.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't re-scheduled in the past. They won't do it this time. And probably never will.

Exactly what I mean. I repeat my own words:
    "I think they won't answer to our complaints.
    They simply go on with the maintenance.
    People will do the event before the maintenance, or simply they will lose tickets.
    They can even buy them if they need them. "
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭

They have re-schuled in the past. I don't know if it was a one time occurence, but I definitely remember they once did it when maintenance and event end clashed (even less severe than this time).
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Okay, this is the kind of crap we warned you about when you moved the reset for event tickets even though we were expressed told that it wouldn't be moving. This event you are literally stealing two tickets from us - tickets that do, in fact, have a monetary value associated with them (since they're sold in the crown store). This is completely unacceptable.
    Can we expect to be compensated two event tickets from the crown store @ZOS_Kevin?

We were also promised that ZOS would be monitoring the rate of last-partial-day event ticket redemption when it was moved without notice. What were the results of that monitoring? We deserve to know. Right now, it certainly feels like we were actively mislead.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on November 26, 2023 10:35PM
    Options
  • RietN7
    RietN7
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't touched events in years so i don't care about the downtime, all i am here for is the main question. What is the maintenance for?
    Options
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Did we not start out with the Endless Archive hotfix that was not so hot and had the server down for an extended period of time? Since they will not even have the server up on the last day of the event, they should just send us all 2 tickets!

They will not of course and I really stopped expecting much of ESO a long time ago.
    Edited by aussie500 on November 27, 2023 11:14AM
    Options