Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Server maintenance times

• Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    here guys, have some kittehz

take-a-step-back-i-got-this.jpg
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    Faked wrote: »
    trinta wrote: »
    I should get some sleep though. Im getting married tonight at 7pm..... good times a head.

Congratumatations! Out of curiosity, why did you guys choose a Wednesday? Or were you specifically after April 2 for some reason?

We went with a Friday evening. Our families are almost entirely out-of-town so while we didn't want a Saturday, we still didn't want them to have to travel mid-week.

We are just having a small gathering tonight for the marriage but having the big reception on may 9th which is a friday.

Big congrats man! Have a wicked time!
    Options
  • arrogantferret
    I should get some sleep though. Im getting married tonight at 7pm..... good times a head.

I thought you were joking :open_mouth:

no joke there :) exciting day for me.

congrats! things are pretty awesome for you right now, sounds like! enjoy your special day!
    Options
  • Resourceful
    Resourceful
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmm, My only problem with the down severs is paying for early game play but not getting in that early game play as id like. Sadly, there isn't much I can do about that. I don't mind them doing maintenance i just wish it wasn't on the 5 day early pass time considering i paid an extra 20$ for the game. I love love the game! I wont stop playing because of this inconvenience because all games have their problems but ughhh. HURRY UP ESO <3

Scarlett... What if I worded it in such a way that you got a mount, pet, and treasure maps, as well as imperial crafting style for the extra fee....and the advance in game release was just an added bonus?

So you didn't loose anything, just did not get to use up much of the added bonus, that you didn't pay for, but received as an added bonus.

Does that help to keep the swelling down?

Most of us bought it for the early access not the items, please swallow your word BONUS and choke on it. I would have not paid 20 dollars more for the game if it didn't have the early access.

You didn't pay for early access. Both the standard and the imperial edition included three(physical) to five(digital) days of early access. Both editions will cost the same on the official release date as they do now. The game time you paid for within that payment for the game(30 days) doesn't start until the game is officially released and isn't ticking as we speak.

To clarify, the $59.99 for the standard game was for the following:
    1) A limited license to play the game. You "own" it now.
    2) 30 days of game time.

The extra amount paid for the Imperial edition(both physical and digital) was only for extra bonuses - The imperial race, horse, a pet mudcrab and/or some bonus physical items.

Choke on that...

Options
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    @Faked Congrats man! Only one problem... Once the ring hits the finger it's all like: "YOU CANT PLAY THAT MMO NO MOAR!!"
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
    Options
  • Earthlybeast
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    trinta wrote: »

Congratumatations! Out of curiosity, why did you guys choose a Wednesday? Or were you specifically after April 2 for some reason?

We went with a Friday evening. Our families are almost entirely out-of-town so while we didn't want a Saturday, we still didn't want them to have to travel mid-week.

Big congrats man! Have a wicked time!

I turn 21 on the 10th of may
    Edited by Earthlybeast on April 2, 2014 3:44PM
    Options
  • Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    J3K wrote: »
    I have to admit the launch is still more polished than SWTOR's was. I mean they didn't even finish painting it first.Screenshot_2012-01-22_02_42_16_711000.jpg

I logged back into this game about a month ago and this exact texture was still missing.
    Options
  • Nopales
    Nopales
    siting here looking like a baby goat is get n a lil old :expressionless:
    Options
  • Naum
    Naum
    typeopymp wrote: »
    @Faked Congrats man! Only one problem... Once the ring hits the finger it's all like: "YOU CANT PLAY THAT MMO NO MOAR!!"

Lmao
    Options
  • Zern
    Zern
    Whelp.. there goes my ESO filled morning I had planned out.
    Options
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭

I haven't had that problem. Although it helps that my wife is also a gamer.
    Options
  • Bris
    Bris
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy people. I've had a ticket open since last beta trying to figure out why the game would not update or install from scratch right on my computer. I finally got it working this morning for the first time since the ticket started on 3/15.

All I have to say is I've experienced a lot of good from devs and support over all sorts of things in the months I tested. They don't give up no matter how long it takes to figure it out, whether it is them or the customer.

Considering I was supposed to start playing Sunday morning and won't be able to until later today is no biggy now that my computer issue is figured out and I know I can hit play. Well, let's hope the patch works. ::chuckles:: If it don't, I know where to look and then I can tell the wonderful support person what happened. =)

Now while waiting for this come up I've done my dishes, done some sweeping and vacuuming, email, took care of pets, did breakfast and chatted with a lot of my guild mates on voice chat. I am far from bored and know I'll be able to play today. Now I think I'll go sort stuff for the art class tomorrow and that will be one less thing to do last minute. =)
    Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vik ..er, Nord Kittens

youtube.com/watch?v=ApxnAr6pRt0

how do you post just the video ..or as another page?

Edited by Greydog on April 2, 2014 3:47PM
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys quick update for Downtime Defenders,

For those of you who are wondering, @Zaeros and I have decided that I would create the guild when the server comes back up, we have also decided on going with the All-Alliance Guild. We may add Alliance specific guilds in time for those who wish to support their own alliance during pvp.

If you have any questions, you want to suggest something, or just have any comments please feel free to Inbox either @Zaeros, @Faked‌ or I, and we will get with you!
    Options
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭

haha thats why im getting her to play too. its her first video game ever so its alot of teaching but shes enjoying it.
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
    Options
  • Earthlybeast
    so while i is here i want to be lazy as possible...where is the shrine of mara located. (Aldmari Dominion)
    Options
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭

I haven't had that problem. Although it helps that my wife is also a gamer.

Very good plan :) ... congratz as well
    Options
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    >2k responses and climbing.... WOW
    Options
  • lfseeney_ESO
    lfseeney_ESO
    ✭✭
    Be nice if they at least said they were sorry for the down time.
    Just too much to ask these days.
    Options
  • larimous
    larimous
    Lenny wrote: »
    J3K wrote: »
    I have to admit the launch is still more polished than SWTOR's was. I mean they didn't even finish painting it first.Screenshot_2012-01-22_02_42_16_711000.jpg

I logged back into this game about a month ago and this exact texture was still missing.

was on last night and its still messed up
    Options
  • Doraelari
    Doraelari
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be a lot more upset about this if I wasn't completely free for pretty much all of tomorrow.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thesiren wrote: »
    Jessica, are peoples' accounts getting hacked by other players who obviously know their login credentials because of the foolish system in place whereby we are always forced to show them in all friends' and guilds' lists?

That's my biggest concern-- this whole lack of security in ESO. It's noobish to say the least. In a climate where other games are adding extra layers of security like authenticators, not only do we not have that, but we're forced to show our logins to every would-be hacker out there. Random strangers spam me with friend invites and I can't help but think they could be potential hackers. The gold farmers (organized crime, folks) are already in ESO in droves. You're just rolling out the red carpet for account theft with dumb ideas like this.

@Thesiren - Totally understandable concern. No, the inventory issue was not a result of hacking or anything else security-related. It's a game bug we identified and are pushing out a fix to. That said, we are continuing to refine our security systems--that job is never done.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    This was a forum about server maintenance, not what build your computer is. Stay on topic.
    Since when?
    you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
    Options
  • israelx
    israelx
    I don't care what you say, I bought a product and it doesn't work properly and has not been usable for more than 12 hours now, if this kinda of thing goes on next week I'm seriously considering asking for my money back like I would do with any other product.
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »

For those of you who are wondering, @Zaeros and I have decided that I would create the guild when the server comes back up, we have also decided on going with the All-Alliance Guild. We may add Alliance specific guilds in time for those who wish to support their own alliance during pvp.

If you have any questions, you want to suggest something, or just have any comments please feel free to Inbox either @Zaeros, @Faked‌ or I, and we will get with you!

That is what i like to hear! Downtime Defenders all the way!
    Options
  • Darquer
    Darquer
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm, My only problem with the down severs is paying for early game play but not getting in that early game play as id like. Sadly, there isn't much I can do about that. I don't mind them doing maintenance i just wish it wasn't on the 5 day early pass time considering i paid an extra 20$ for the game. I love love the game! I wont stop playing because of this inconvenience because all games have their problems but ughhh. HURRY UP ESO <3

Scarlett... What if I worded it in such a way that you got a mount, pet, and treasure maps, as well as imperial crafting style for the extra fee....and the advance in game release was just an added bonus?

So you didn't loose anything, just did not get to use up much of the added bonus, that you didn't pay for, but received as an added bonus.

Does that help to keep the swelling down?

Most of us bought it for the early access not the items, please swallow your word BONUS and choke on it. I would have not paid 20 dollars more for the game if it didn't have the early access.

You didn't pay for early access. Both the standard and the imperial edition included three(physical) to five(digital) days of early access. Both editions will cost the same on the official release date as they do now. The game time you paid for within that payment for the game(30 days) doesn't start until the game is officially released and isn't ticking as we speak.

To clarify, the $59.99 for the standard game was for the following:
    1) A limited license to play the game. You "own" it now.
    2) 30 days of game time.

The extra amount paid for the Imperial edition(both physical and digital) was only for extra bonuses - The imperial race, horse, a pet mudcrab and/or some bonus physical items.

Choke on that...
    As I responded to another poster stating the same nonsense, this means "buy this now from our online store to get early access:"
    13583646624_69ddf7dff5_z.jpg
    If you have something useful to add, please do.
    Options
  • Slyphoon
    Slyphoon

I thought you were joking :open_mouth:

no joke there :) exciting day for me.

Remember to put pledge of mara in your quickslot and keep trying it until you and the missus glow and float. Its a little unresponsive sometimes.
    Options
  • nuclear808
    been waiting since 3am this morning...currently 5:48am. Suffering from insomnia waiting for the servers to get back online. I know exactly what's going to happen. The servers will go back online once I fall asleep!
    Options
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »

Thx!!!
    Options
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    no not you the other one

Ah yes, I'm quite sleep deprived right now, running on energy drinks hah.

I am not sleep deprived myself, just depraved.
    Options