Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a favorite screenshot from during a dungeon run:

SSfpad6.png

:D
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 2, 2014 1:44PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

Totally understandable and fair, @Sarenia. You're right. We'll keep that in mind if we have a long downtime like this again. For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

Their explanation makes this worse! All these things were preexisting conditions that they could have told us about. System maintenance is not testing new patches and fixes. If they could simply inform us of an extended outage in advance and we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. They are setting a precedence of concealment, poor planning, and demonstrating a cavalier attitude about how long they can bring the system down for. Grinding Gear Games, respects player's time, and they often deploy patches in 5 minutes or less. Granted POE isn't as complex or as new, but the devs could easily take more time than they need, but for some strange reason they choose not to.

You know how GMAIL goes down for 8hours without a notice ahead of time? Ya, me either.

>Their explanation makes this worse!

At least they finally gave an explanation!

>They are setting a precedence of concealment, poor planning, and demonstrating a cavalier attitude about how long they can bring the system down for.

True. Let's encourage them to be more open rather then telling them they are making it worse though.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Vaultese wrote: »
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    I would like to lovingly tap the server on the chin and do a magic dance that will fix everything like this guy.
    wb8U6PE.gif

Now if it only ended in a one-hit ***-stomping I would've lol-ed harder

I bet nobody even knows who that is....
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    While we are here.. What rigs are everyone running? Myself only have an Alienware M17XR4
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    I would like to lovingly tap the server on the chin and do a magic dance that will fix everything like this guy.
    wb8U6PE.gif

Sorry quoted wrong message, I bet nobody even knows who this is....
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    My Screenshot:
    Downtime_zpsbf2b7355.png
    Edited by SuperJChat on April 2, 2014 1:47PM
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO

SSfpad6.png

Did mostly harmless remember their towel?
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, since we're all here: Who has some awesome ESO screenshots to share? Let's see 'em!

There was that time an NPC tried to assassinate me with a butcher knife...

40KTsTK.jpg
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    How do I even take a screen shot? ><

Sorry been on consoles. Bought PC just for this freakin' game.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    While we are here.. What rigs are everyone running? Myself only have an Alienware M17XR4

Aurora R4, but it's due for a CPU and Ram Upgrade to stay "competitive". Not that I competitive game at all, but I like trying to keep up with higher end systems.

• Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a former WoW player use to extended and unexpected maintenance, this is nothing new. I'd rather have them address the issues than gloss over them. I'm curious as to why it's affecting AU and NA server and not EU though.
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    jerry lewis
  • Doraelari
    Doraelari
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20140330_203458_zps8fb898d7.png

Look, I found monkeys. :)
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

Totally understandable and fair, @Sarenia. You're right. We'll keep that in mind if we have a long downtime like this again. For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

Their explanation makes this worse! All these things were preexisting conditions that they could have told us about. System maintenance is not testing new patches and fixes. If they could simply inform us of an extended outage in advance and we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. They are setting a precedence of concealment, poor planning, and demonstrating a cavalier attitude about how long they can bring the system down for. Grinding Gear Games, respects player's time, and they often deploy patches in 5 minutes or less. Granted POE isn't as complex or as new, but the devs could easily take more time than they need, but for some strange reason they choose not to.

You know how GMAIL goes down for 8hours without a notice ahead of time? Ya, me either.

lol wow. Over reaction much?
  • Varulus
    Varulus
    So, i know this might sound ironic considering the actual reason for this downtime, but can we expect some items to pop up in our inventories as thanks for our continued patience? Not a whine, just wondering ...

I mean, if i have paid my baker last week to deliver a bread each morning this week, and one day his oven explodes, i can understand not getting my bread that morning, but i still paid for it and expect them to at least give me my money's worth ... and since i have no use for 2 breads the next morning, id rather expect something like, say, a cake ...

So i guess what im really trying to say here is : Jessica, are you going to bake me a cake ? ;)
  • Brynnza
    Brynnza
    ✭✭
    We just posted the more detailed explanation mentioned earlier this morning. Here's what it says.
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2?new=1

Sarenia is 100% right here, your posts make it sound Jessica like you guys knew it was not coming back on until day time US, so why not just say that... if your not going to be testing until pre-testing is complete this morning' then the french CSR should have gone 'US server has borked itself won't be fixed until teams can work on it in the morning'. people would have gone and done other things.. not that the thread hasn't been a bad thing.. But there is something called Communication, you guys have ballsed it up big time here.. and it's fine to go but it's only early start etc however it was and IS through Prime Time Australia and New Zealand and Eastern Asia region, letting us know that we aren't gonna get any game time rather then stringing us on with 2 hour copy and paste notes is a better idea..

Matt should know from his DAOC days that communicating with the Community and being upfront about mistakes is better then trying to hide them, the community will understand 99% of the time if you tell us the TRUTH, but if you string us along and treat us like idiots who don't deserve to be told what is going on with something we are paying for.. than expect people to start ranting and being rather rude... Matt's old team at Mythic had communication down pat, we KNEW what was going on through the Hearld you had updates on the hour etc.. this entire thing has just been.. well bad.

-Weldien Phoenix.

Ah this is exactly how im feeling, a lot of people are glad to have some information but for all the Oceanic players, a lot of us sat here for 8 hours through prime time thinking "not long now" after every generic "SOON" post.

I was lucky enough to only cop the last 3 hours of it before the statement just posted (the one that pretty much told all of the Oceanic region to go to bed, it isn't coming back online) - but I know some who waited the whole time.
    Edited by Brynnza on April 2, 2014 1:48PM
    Brynnza - Lighter, Darker, Colours.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    juic3 wrote: »
    wish I could play this on ultra, screenshots are so good. Only running a single 6850.... *runs off to newegg*

GTX 780 oc'd @ 1202mhz core/6600mhz memory here with 2560x1440 110hz, still bottlenecked by the CPU in much of the game rather than the GPU :(. Hoping the new 337.xx drivers from NVidia coming soon with DX11 optimizations help that out :).

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    So, since we're all here: Who has some awesome ESO screenshots to share? Let's see 'em!

There was that time an NPC tried to assassinate me with a butcher knife...

40KTsTK.jpg

Well, she DID warn you. NO ONIONS!

Fuzzball of the Ashen hand
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    0yGlNTR.jpg
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica is our research time still going or is it halted?????
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • Freshmango55
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    How do I even take a screen shot? ><

Sorry been on consoles. Bought PC just for this freakin' game.

iconurl.png

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Hey @the_sentinel,

Two things happened here. The inventory issue mentioned in this post occurred last night. When we identified the issue, we took down the North American megaserver to fix it. Could we have communicated better what the estimated downtime was and what the issue was? Yep, and we'll do better next time.

The second is the planned maintenance we had scheduled for this morning to push some fixes for in-game issues some people have run into, such as the character creation zoom-in bug. We had planned to message that at least a few hours ahead of time.

Hope that explains things a bit. We're certainly open to feedback and suggestions, and it is not our intent to frustrate or conceal our maintenances.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    jerry lewis

We have a winner:)
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭

Aurora R4, but it's due for a CPU and Ram Upgrade to stay "competitive". Not that I competitive game at all, but I like trying to keep up with higher end systems.

Nice man, i was looking at getting the same. But figured as I move around a lot (Friends places, LAN's) i'd just stick with something a bit more portable hah.

• LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Just purchased, in part because of the whole "early access" thing. I guess it's early access to not be able to log on. Approaching 10 hours down seems like a pretty long maintenance too.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

SSfpad6.png

Did mostly harmless remember their towel?

I don't even know what that refers to.... but uh... if you mean South Park's "Towelie" episode, no, no Towelie was around to try to get us to do bad things. :p

If you mean something about playing too much... that's with about 30 hours /played as of servers going down last night, and having finished the main questline (L50) and entering the vet zones.

Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.4 8gig ram, 120gig ssd windows, 2tb primary 1tb secondary, gt670ti oc, win 7. runs this really nice and smooth and everything else i've wanted to play nice on high/ultra was really impressed actually with how well ESO does run, get some little drops at times seemingly due to loading in of assets near town, but most times i'm at 60+ on the fps meter even out in Cyro.
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
  • Keverettusps

Home built just for ESO
    I7-3930k
    Gtx 780 Evga
    Gtx 660 dedicated physx Gigabyte
    16gb Ram

"War....War never changes"
  • azerothheroes_ESO

Got to the part where you said Granted POE isn't as complex or as new and was like...oh of course, there's his point...as that's the only part of your story that matters :)
  • kallistiGAD
    kallistiGAD
    ✭✭✭
    31095510a1145f164e.jpg
    What I think whenever I see an angry "WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED YET?!" post.
    Argonian Maids Gone Wild
    The Flash Mob guild. Bringing the absurd to ESO