The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil & Other Memory Related CRASHES - Post Feedback & Reports Here

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, are Mac players finding that time to crash (TTC) is extended noticeably since update 1.1.2? I see one report summary posted since which doesn't seem to be any longer but some other posts that say it is longer but with the lower textures seen and noted by others.
  • DradKohl
    DradKohl
    Soul Shriven
    Moonraker wrote: »
    So, are Mac players finding that time to crash (TTC) is extended noticeably since update 1.1.2? I see one report summary posted since which doesn't seem to be any longer but some other posts that say it is longer but with the lower textures seen and noted by others.

Hey there! Crashes are still happening after the latest update. At first the time between them seemed to have increased a bit, but yesterday it started to crash every 20 minutes or so in Cyrodiil, don't know why. Now the crash report window rarely pops up and when it does theres no report at all. I've also noticed a drop in FPS and strange texture behaviour, they often look blurry. Adding these issues to some EU server lag, the overall experience, for me, is not great at all in Cyrodiil.

Sorry I don't have a crash report as they don't appear anymore.

I have anti-aliasing off, texture quality low, subsampling high, shadow quality medium, water reflection off, particle density medium, view distance 25, and the rest is all off.

I'm using:
    • ESO version 1.1.2.995904 on 1440X900
    • Mac OS 10.9.3
    • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    • 16GB RAM
    • NVidea GeForce 650M 1gb

I hope this info helps. Thanks!

### I Forgot to mention that the crashes occur more often while in a battle or just hanging with a group of players. If I avoid crowds the TTC goes up.
    Edited by DradKohl on May 29, 2014 10:57AM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I see anecdotal evidence (for what's it worth) over in the German Mac Tech support forum that TTC has gone up in such a way that crashes are encountered only seldom. I can verify this form personal experience, but I also keep seeing the texture (scaling? zooming?) issue.

Cyrodiil times seem to have gone up to about an hour or more. But that still strongly depends on player density, which is very variable and individual.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on May 28, 2014 5:19PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

I see anecdotal evidence (for what's it worth) over in the German Mac Tech support forum that TTC has gone up in such a way that crashes are encountered only seldom. I can verify this form personal experience, but I also keep seeing the texture (scaling? zooming?) issue.

Cyrodiil times seem to have gone up to about an hour or more. But that still strongly depends on player density, which is very variable and individual.
    Thanks also for this. It is the dilemma if it does indeed increase time between crashes but really pushes textures down too much. I think it's gone too far as it is but it's about working out the balance as part of the puzzle. Other reports don't show it as quite the improvement as that in PvP. Hopefully a few more reports/ feedback will help give a clearer idea.

It's interesting that even setting things down Low doesn't seem to help so much in TTC but the client tweaks do though they also impact textures a lot currently.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 28, 2014 5:26PM
  • DradKohl
    DradKohl
    Soul Shriven
    Heya! Just stoped by to say that the TTC of my ESO client has improved quite a bit. Now I can play in Cyrodiil for 45 to 50 minutes without crashing. The only thing that ruins it is the huge drop in FPS as soon as I'm a battle/group, even in pve. It drops from like 45 FPS to 20, 10, even 8 FPS.

Resolution: 1440x900
    Vertical-Sync: On
    Anti-Aliasing: Off
    Texture Quality: Low
    SubSampling Quality: High
    Shadow Quality: Low
    Water Reflection Quality: Off
    Particle Density: Medium
    View Distance: 15
    The rest is all Off

Next time I'm going to set Particle Density to Low. Would turning off Vertical-Sync help? Maybe its my graphics card that sucks. x)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    DradKohl wrote: »
    Heya! Just stoped by to say that the TTC of my ESO client has improved quite a bit. Now I can play in Cyrodiil for 45 to 50 minutes without crashing. The only thing that ruins it is the huge drop in FPS as soon as I'm a battle/group, even in pve. It drops from like 45 FPS to 20, 10, even 8 FPS.

Resolution: 1440x900
    Vertical-Sync: On
    Anti-Aliasing: Off
    Texture Quality: Low
    SubSampling Quality: High
    Shadow Quality: Low
    Water Reflection Quality: Off
    Particle Density: Medium
    View Distance: 15
    The rest is all Off

Next time I'm going to set Particle Density to Low. Would turning off Vertical-Sync help? Maybe its my graphics card that sucks. x)
    Thanks for the details and feedback.

Always switch Vsync OFF unless there is a particular reason to use it. it only functions in Fullscreen mode not windowed (caps to refresh rate so for 60Hz it is capped at 60 then drops by half to 30 then 15 etc. due to the double buffering used)

Particle Density may help for performance i.e. FPS especially in hectic big battle with lots of effects.

Reading other forum posts in CS section, there seems still lot of lag and other grouped related issues in Cyrodiil which can also impact things.

Glad it's at least increased the CTD a bit.
    Edited by Moonraker on June 7, 2014 12:34AM
  • DradKohl
    DradKohl
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for replying @Moonraker. I turned of VSync off and the FPS improved a bit. It now drops to 13-15 in PVP battles, which is better than before. The max I get is in PVE, around 80-82 FPS. Cheers! x)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    DradKohl wrote: »
    Thanks for replying @Moonraker. I turned of VSync off and the FPS improved a bit. It now drops to 13-15 in PVP battles, which is better than before. The max I get is in PVE, around 80-82 FPS. Cheers! x)
    Good news. Glad to help ;)
  • roomcreep
    roomcreep
    ✭✭
    System: Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Activity: Running around a forest - wasn't in combat, wasn't on horse, area wasn't populated. Just another crash from a series of random crashes, I usually last about 10-15 mins in game before I'm kicked out. Graphics always set to Medium.
    Error:
    [reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.3.4.1036369
    char.alliance = 1
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = unload
    client.renderertype = OPENGL
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-08-25T17:35:08.926Z
    client.time_since_load = 248
    client.timestamp = 2014-08-25T19:09:19.746Z -frme 229148-
    client.uptime = 5651.3
    computer.user = mac
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4001
    data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/game_m
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.1034478
    exe.buildnum = 1036369
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-7.32.12
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address = 159.100.232.107
    globby.port = 24501
    loc.wloc = 231 8093 11075 5788 22.70
    loc.world = Silvenar's Audience Hall
    loc.worldid = 231
    loc.zone = Silvenar's Audience Hall
    login.address = 159.100.232.107
    mem.current = 1334
    mem.peak = 1614
    mem.physical = 8192
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 11G63
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4001
    realm.name = EU Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3

Edited by roomcreep on August 26, 2014 2:06PM
  • Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

I have a mac at my office (yeah, i know :P) and a mac at home, both run 10.9 versions of OSX. I followed the guide and set all of our graphics below medium - actually I set them to "Minimum" on both just to be safe. I can usually get about 20 minutes of playing in then the game crashes, no matter what I am doing.

The weird thing is that subsequently, if I hard reboot or soft reboot - because I'm so frozen I can't use any "Force quit" shortcuts - I can only get several seconds in play time unless I let the computer sit for several hours, then I can get back in for another 20 minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Any updates on these problems? This isn't "huge" for me because my main rig is a PC - i only use the mac at work and the macbook when my wife and I are upstairs watching TV I use it for fishing or other non-combat pursuits.

Thanks! I'll post whatever you need me to in order to help this problem!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lenny wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a mac at my office (yeah, i know :P) and a mac at home, both run 10.9 versions of OSX. I followed the guide and set all of our graphics below medium - actually I set them to "Minimum" on both just to be safe. I can usually get about 20 minutes of playing in then the game crashes, no matter what I am doing.

The weird thing is that subsequently, if I hard reboot or soft reboot - because I'm so frozen I can't use any "Force quit" shortcuts - I can only get several seconds in play time unless I let the computer sit for several hours, then I can get back in for another 20 minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Any updates on these problems? This isn't "huge" for me because my main rig is a PC - i only use the mac at work and the macbook when my wife and I are upstairs watching TV I use it for fishing or other non-combat pursuits.

Thanks! I'll post whatever you need me to in order to help this problem!
    Little point complaining and asking for advice if you don't provide details of your Mac/s such as model, spec addons used or not etc.

Given the memory issue has been fixed now and you have the Mac client updated correctly, then you have some more fundamental issue. From description it is overheating issue possibly but you need to provide more info. or the computer specs are not sufficient.
  • mhester88b14_ESO
    mhester88b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Cyrodil crashes about every 5-10 minutes for me. I've been playing since Beta and the entire game crashes at least every 30 minutes. Zeni needs to focus on stability before anything else. This is getting very old.
  • mhester88b14_ESO
    mhester88b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Cyrodil crashes about every 5-10 minutes for me. I've been playing since Beta and the entire game crashes at least every 30 minutes. Zeni needs to focus on stability before anything else. This is getting very old.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB
    512 SSD