Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Is this a joke?

Zezin
Zezin
✭✭✭✭✭
xdpoc5dw6ki0.png
It can't be true right? You guys know how much n 4 is right? I can't wait to get hit by a 80k assassins will, it's gonna be so fun.
Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 13, 2023 11:22PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    did you read the part where it says "but your light and heavy attacks deal 99% less damage."?
    if you did, im confused why this is a problem?
    besides the Necrom info eso hub is from an older build of the chapter and there'll be five weeks of testing before it goes live, im sure if any of it is really actually bad it'll get changed
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    did you read the part where it says "but your light and heavy attacks deal 99% less damage."?
    besides the Necrom info eso hub is from an older build of the chapter and there'll be five weeks of testing before it goes live, im sure if any of it is really actually bad it'll get changed

that 11% more damage done is already going to be more damage than LAs do by themselves.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »

that 11% more damage done is already going to be more damage than LAs do by themselves.

hm yea that is going to be a lot true
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the way it seems to work is by reducing the damage and not outright disabling it(much like gaze o sithis) so you can still LA, it will still proc stuff like relequen, and LAs only account for about 7 to 8% of the damage on a parse so... even if that 11% where to actually mean 8% in a real scenario that is still more than what LAs give you.

edit: granted you can't use other mythics but at the same time why would you want kilt with that lol, you most certainly wont' be needing more crit damage? Also why have an alkosh dps? just have some other set.
    Edited by Zezin on April 12, 2023 4:32PM
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it stays as is it will be meta for everything...

edit: this may look like a mythic for people who don't LA but it will be used by both kinds of people to a whole lot more benefit of people that do LA weave.
    Edited by Zezin on April 12, 2023 4:35PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »

Plus, I think it will be fairly strong for players who rarely weave (or inconsistently weave) light attacks in PVP.

I know I weave ok in PVE rotations. But tend to see my light attacks drop off in PVP. Getting 11% more damage and that Pen and crit damage done on a Sorc burst, for example, is going to be really nice.

Assuming not a ton changes before live, it would be interesting to see how this might actually stack up in a PVE rotation for players who struggle with light attacks.

The other mythics seem like they are missing something to make them right.

Mythic 1: Interesting concept. Could see this working well in dungeons, with like an ult gen tank wear in to boost DPS ult gen. But it seems incredibly niche and likely to not be used.

Mythic 2: Also really interesting, but I could see it being extremely problematic as it could lead to being bled dry on stamina with no real way to counter it on yourself. Losing stam just by getting hit could probably kill you more than it helps.

Mythic 3: I don't know about this one really. Doesn't seem useful at all. 15% damage done and resistance but you can only wear 1 piece set items across the board. It's not even really a trade off, it's just not worth having on at all. This could end up being the single most useless set item in the game.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This Mythic would be a dream for gankers in PvP, probably even more than oakensoul.
    Btw this would kill malacath completely.

So yes, it must be a joke for sure......oh wait.....it's ZOS!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473bkhvn6lzd35r60zty9b1ps909dyby88zu7393zf&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

PS5|EU
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bravo. Another thing added to give people options in combat style rather than just following one way. I hope they keep adding more things that provide people with different but meaningful ways to approach combat.

-I don't PVP so my above statement is solely based on PVE.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The push to introduce sets results in comical ideas and they are mostly either completely OP, or completely worthless. It's really a bad model they insist on sticking to
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Mythic 3: I don't know about this one really. Doesn't seem useful at all. 15% damage done and resistance but you can only wear 1 piece set items across the board. It's not even really a trade off, it's just not worth having on at all. This could end up being the single most useless set item in the game.

I know people love throwing this phrase out willy nilly but you forget Belharza's Band is a mythic that exist. It doesn't even seem bad, probably mid at best. There's much worse hot garbage out there.

Also, Mythic 4 is definitely the mythic they want to sell that chapter with like Oaken, Kilt, and Thrassians.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't act surprised but that's at least gives an idea on how they see the game going forward, moving away from a lot of previous statements and ideas of how eso should be played. Good for them I guess.

Won't be surprised even more peeps would go on an indefinite break whilst eso searching for it's identity again.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mythic 2 has a huge potential to be game breaking. Just stack as much stamina recovery as possible and be a magicka build lol. Also, it looks like it may stack with an actual block, so you can use Frost Staff blocking...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 12, 2023 6:22PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit does not understand why you guys are worried about this. Once the chapter is purchased, and the dust settles, in a month or two, it will probably be gimped. You know, like all the other things that were the same way on release.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mythic 2 has a huge potential to be game breaking. Just stack as much stamina recovery as possible and be a magicka build lol. Also, it looks like it may stack with an actual block, so you can use Frost Staff blocking...

Maybe that could work. But I think the amount of stam recovery you would need to offset this wouldn't really be worth it. And then you probably have to sacrifice all mag recovery. Or run recovery sets.

The moment you drop below 25% stam though, you lose the 50% protection, and now you are low stam, and very susceptible to being unable to break free.

It's a maybe. I could see this with potential on a tank. You could probably put together some sort of lightly blocking tank. Maybe even a frost tank, using this and frost blocking to use both stam and mag to "block" depending on the type of hit. No block on normal damage using stam from the mythic, mag blocking knockdowns and large hits.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe that could work. But I think the amount of stam recovery you would need to offset this wouldn't really be worth it. And then you probably have to sacrifice all mag recovery. Or run recovery sets.

The moment you drop below 25% stam though, you lose the 50% protection, and now you are low stam, and very susceptible to being unable to break free.

It's a maybe. I could see this with potential on a tank. You could probably put together some sort of lightly blocking tank. Maybe even a frost tank, using this and frost blocking to use both stam and mag to "block" depending on the type of hit. No block on normal damage using stam from the mythic, mag blocking knockdowns and large hits.

I would rock well fitted and alternate roll dodges
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar mythic fianlly i can spam jabs without light attacks.
    JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB.
    Edited by mmtaniac on April 12, 2023 7:36PM
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    Templar mythic fianlly i can spam jabs without light attacks.
    JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB.

That had not occurred to me yet. Looking forward to testing this new mythic.
  • LamiaCritter
    LamiaCritter
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the devs, at introduction of the mythics, explicitly say that the effects of Mythics were mostly just fun things they thought would be interesting?
    Not everything has to be applicable for some optimization-obsessed builds.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the numbers on Mythic #4, I can already tell that spammables like Dizzying Swing and Power Slam will be critting for 10k+ on fully optimized Stam Sorc PvP damage builds. Players will be dying much faster. Maybe this is a good thing given the tank meta we've been in for the past 8 months.
    PC NA
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Sir, players are complaining about bar swapping being connection dependent and difficult to perform
    > Sir, players are complaining about LA weaving being connection dependent and difficult to perform
    I'm starting to see a pattern develop here ...

mgtdh8dzdpsi.jpg

> Sir, players are complaining about X being connection dependent and difficult to perform
    What will the next Mythic design try to replace?

"enter/exit" combat is annoyingly buggy? They could create a Mythic where you just don't ever enter combat! Then, you could swap sets around, mount, teleport, ect.

How about a Mythic that reduces the cost of all Skills, blocks, and dodge rolls to 0, but instead ... everything has a 1 second channel? Or your damage is -50% and you take 50% more damage?
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    > Sir, players are complaining about bar swapping being connection dependent and difficult to perform
    > Sir, players are complaining about LA weaving being connection dependent and difficult to perform
    I'm starting to see a pattern develop here ...

mgtdh8dzdpsi.jpg

> Sir, players are complaining about X being connection dependent and difficult to perform
    What will the next Mythic design try to replace?

"enter/exit" combat is annoyingly buggy? They could create a Mythic where you just don't ever enter combat! Then, you could swap sets around, mount, teleport, ect.

How about a Mythic that reduces the cost of all Skills, blocks, and dodge rolls to 0, but instead ... everything has a 1 second channel? Or your damage is -50% and you take 50% more damage?

LoL it does seem like combat doesn't work because of lag, so introduce mythics that reward not using a part of combat.

SMH
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mythic 3 should be 4 or more pieces, not 2 or more. Absurd.
    Mythic 4...as a pvp player...lol just slightly overtuned.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf it and it becomes useless in PVE. Just make it not work in PVP, boom done.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    merpins wrote: »

At this point; there's no history of them really doing that but whatever. Can't take anything in the game seriously anymore. Might as well just let the obvious ones go rather than reserve the ridiculous to the few that find the not so obvious
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually really happy about this Mythic because it means players like me who have a high ping of 350-400 on average might actually be able to get into progressive trial groups because our DPS can match players who can weave successfully.

With a high ping you're weaving just doesnt register fast enough to the server and its been a massive issue for me in Australia since 2014 but hopefully this Mythic can actually reduce the frustrations I have with the servers.

27ckv75157os.png
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Adds X% more Damage Done

How does this compare to a Mythic like Death Dealer's Fete? At max stacks, DDF provides +2640 to your primary resource. What does that translate into for damage output? I feel like these Mythics are somewhat comparable, no? I get there is the pen and crit damage too... DDF seems so antiquated and simple in comparison... but they seem simple enough designs to try to compare if you remove the LA/HA reduction or consider a player that never weaves anyway.
    Edited by Billium813 on April 12, 2023 10:26PM
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually it would be a great bonus for naked Cyrodiil guildruns.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    > Adds X% more Damage Done

How does this compare to a Mythic like Death Dealer's Fete? At max stacks, DDF provides +2640 to your primary resource. What does that translate into for damage output? I feel like these Mythics are somewhat comparable, no? I get there is the pen and crit damage too... DDF seems so antiquated and simple in comparison... but they seem simple enough designs to try to compare if you remove the LA/HA reduction or consider a player that never weaves anyway.

i believe its 1 weapon/spell dmg is equivalent to 10.5 max resource

roughly 251 weapon/spell dmg

for that i think the rough conversion is about 1% increase in dmg per 100 weapon/spell dmg, so you would be at roughly 2.5% dmg increase from DDF

you would need about 5x more stats from DDF to compare to 11% dmg increase

but with that one you would also have to factor in what your losing from the light attack weave too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »

At this point; there's no history of them really doing that but whatever. Can't take anything in the game seriously anymore. Might as well just let the obvious ones go rather than reserve the ridiculous to the few that find the not so obvious

it should have a proc, so at least it wouldnt be working in no proc campagns

the stats are really too strong
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's going to be a MASSIVE problem in PvP where light attack weaving is not as consistent as PvE parses. Hit & Run builds and classes will benefit tremendously from this mythic. I would argue that the majority of players could in fact use 3 tanky sets and still have damage thanks to this mythic.

If the numbers aren't adjusted, we will see another broken meta. DKs could abuse this mythic and run a full regen build to maximize Corrosive uptime while still retaining the damage of a full offensive build. NBs can go full damage and hit over 30k Spectral Bows. I can go on but you get the point.
    Edited by StaticWave on April 13, 2023 3:02AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

This discussion has been closed.